Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

hello

Ocala, FL

#96373 Mar 10, 2014
Mississipi man thanks you for your tip for the bird feeder. I will try this and report back to you the results!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96375 Mar 10, 2014
@ Anne........yes, I've noticed your "new & improved" I.D. But what kind of bird is that thing,........purdy.

@ Wolf..........AAaah,....just overlook who I was post'n to about mansions. Sometimes I talk to myself, too! That walk-way down the middle, in the old log cabins and small slab houses that used to be around here, they called it the "dog trot." Now, you've mentioned coffee several times. Now I detest that stuff but I do drink hot tea. But you and the Belle have coffee in common. She don't drink a cup, she's confiscated one of my Western mugs and drinks gallons of coffee, morning, noon and night. I'd pee myself to death!.. But having to do with critters. No squirrels and no possums are going to feed off of that bird food. The really good stuff is way too expensive and we keep up to six of those tall plastic 5-gal. buckets full in the winter time. One night I was walking to the back door from the wood shop and in the flood lights I saw a possum sitting up in one of the bird feeders. On in I went, came back out and blew that nasty thing nearly in half. Course I had the fix the feeder the next day! I've made a live trap for the coons and possums. The coons go free, the possums go to ____!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96377 Mar 11, 2014
@MM.. Tea will drive my nerves up the wall, but I can get up in the middle of the night and drink coffee and go right back to sleep. Tea also makes me pee like a horse splattering on a rock. LOL

I have so many deer, turkeys, birds, and other critters here at the homestead that I just let them all live in Harmony with Nature taking it's course without any intervention from me. If I lose a chicken or two to a possum, I figure that is just Nature's food chain. I am not a tree hugger but just go with "what will be, will be". My dog keeps most of the undesirables away anyhow. I do understand why folks with town or subdivision dwelling would want bird feeders so as to bring a little of the country to town. I just don't need to since all the woods, nearby farms, and rivers supply plenty of food and water for all.

Yes, I have heard those breezeways down the middle of the house being called a dog trot. It was just the old ways of keeping the house cooler before there was any a/c or even electric for that matter. Most kitchens were in a separate small building which kept the wood burning cooking contained out of the main house.

Time for me to feed the chickens and head out to my part time work. I am Blessed by the Creator to still be able and willing to at least be a little bit productive. Have a good day.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96378 Mar 11, 2014
@Imposter.. that fake is merely an amateur attempting to copy our old gone but not forgotten buddy. His pitiful attempts could not even hold a candle to the real Una. lol Good Day to all.
qwerty

Butler, KY

#96379 Mar 11, 2014
There is work to be done this afternoon and avoiding the work at hand is your top priority. Use your own personal scrutiny with your work–it is important for you to feel that you have skipped all the bases and dodged all your duties in the best possible ways. Properly channeled, your ambition is a powerful motivation and will result in a fascinating nap. You will receive crap in the mailbox this week. A eating spree this afternoon may find you wanting to spend more than necessary–avoid extravagance.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96380 Mar 11, 2014
Snow is coming 3-6 inches and I didn't see any birds at all maybe they got smart and flew south!

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96381 Mar 11, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@MM.. Tea will drive my nerves up the wall, but I can get up in the middle of the night and drink coffee and go right back to sleep. Tea also makes me pee like a horse splattering on a rock. LOL
I have so many deer, turkeys, birds, and other critters here at the homestead that I just let them all live in Harmony with Nature taking it's course without any intervention from me. If I lose a chicken or two to a possum, I figure that is just Nature's food chain. I am not a tree hugger but just go with "what will be, will be". My dog keeps most of the undesirables away anyhow. I do understand why folks with town or subdivision dwelling would want bird feeders so as to bring a little of the country to town. I just don't need to since all the woods, nearby farms, and rivers supply plenty of food and water for all.
Yes, I have heard those breezeways down the middle of the house being called a dog trot. It was just the old ways of keeping the house cooler before there was any a/c or even electric for that matter. Most kitchens were in a separate small building which kept the wood burning cooking contained out of the main house.
Time for me to feed the chickens and head out to my part time work. I am Blessed by the Creator to still be able and willing to at least be a little bit productive. Have a good day.
TMI. AW, TMI. Too much information! Lol. Personally I NEVER make strange bodily sounds. I'm just way too genteel for that nonsense and I'm betting your lady friend NEVER makes strange bodily sounds either. Lol
The "natures food chain " works for me, well somewhat. I understand snakes getting in birds nests but I don't like snakes in the birdhouses I put out. I don't want possums and such getting at my chickens so I shut the henhouse door every night and then the dog is usually outside and she barks at deer and chases bunnys till all hours of the night.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96382 Mar 11, 2014
@qwerty: "avoiding work is my first priority". Yep. I'm sooooo good at that! Good enough that its turned into a fault. Lol. "Dodge all your duties in the best way possible". Lol I'm successful at that too! Say, you wouldn't happen to know who I am and post that just for me? Lol
qwerty

Madison, TN

#96384 Mar 11, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
@qwerty: "avoiding work is my first priority". Yep. I'm sooooo good at that! Good enough that its turned into a fault. Lol. "Dodge all your duties in the best way possible". Lol I'm successful at that too! Say, you wouldn't happen to know who I am and post that just for me? Lol
I use a vast amount of interstellar data that gets cross examined with the NSA data base before calculating just the right amount of BS. Take only as directed. May cause nausea and headaches.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96385 Mar 11, 2014
@MM...the bird is a Red Crested (orBrazilian) Cardinal. It's not really related to the cardinal family but that's what they call it anyway . Lots of 'em in Hawaii. It's my tribute to the bird thread of course. Sometimes-not very often at all, I may use an old name to post but I'm sure I fool none of the regulars that's into syntax etc.

Anyway! It's a beautiful day! Drove the car through a car wash and I actually paid for the best wash. Car looks so much better without all that mud! It's actually shining! My little wreaked car is sitting at the body shop. I suspect the adjuster will total it out. Ya know 226,000 miles on an 2005 focus Well it's been a good dependable car. There's a Crossfire sitting at the Bodyshop that is mighty cute... Maybe?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96386 Mar 11, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Snow is coming 3-6 inches and I didn't see any birds at all maybe they got smart and flew south!
My better half informs me the area he's in is expecting more snow and more cold.:-(
He's not happy about that. Soon I will head that way and check out the area. Too early in the year for many festivals but I'll find something interesting to do even if its driving along the river looking for pretty bottles

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96387 Mar 11, 2014
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>
I use a vast amount of interstellar data that gets cross examined with the NSA data base before calculating just the right amount of BS. Take only as directed. May cause nausea and headaches.
Lol. You're a nut and I mean that in the most kindest way! Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96389 Mar 11, 2014
qwerty wrote:
There is work to be done this afternoon and avoiding the work at hand is your top priority. Use your own personal scrutiny with your work–it is important for you to feel that you have skipped all the bases and dodged all your duties in the best possible ways. Properly channeled, your ambition is a powerful motivation and will result in a fascinating nap. You will receive crap in the mailbox this week. A eating spree this afternoon may find you wanting to spend more than necessary–avoid extravagance.
Your advice and/or horrible scope came a bit late. I left out of here just after daylight and worked for the past 12 hours on a most productive project and made enough extra for my effort that I can afford to be a bit extravagant and actually get a steak tomorrow night instead of another package of the cheap Sav-a-Lot hot dogs. Tomorrow and Thursday, I will do the same thing. That is if the Good LORD is willing and the creek don't rise. LOL
imposter

Somerset, KY

#96390 Mar 11, 2014
Hehehe it's BYOW at Anne's house lol.

I worked a little today myself I'm going to have to take a bath to get the sawdust off.
Man it's not even close to Saturday yet what a waste of good wellwater.

Old Una had a one of a kind mind Wolf I agree, no one could fake a decent copy or even come close.

If I was in doubt I would ask for some scripture interpretations, he had a knowledge of the good book that rivaled (maybe even topped?) your own.
In any event he could fire back scriptures so fast there was no way he was looking them up, he knew them.
Good evening people.
imposter

Somerset, KY

#96391 Mar 11, 2014
qwerty sifts through so much data he's dangerous, he's an internet ninja, completely troll-proof.

That's got to be the greatest moniker in the web universe qwerty, you should get it patented it lol.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96392 Mar 11, 2014
Oh imposter, you'll have to tell me what you mean by BYOW.! Lol. Qwerty, being as intelligent as he is realizes I meant him absolutely no harm.. Lol.
I have read a little of the Una Farters posts and I do remember him as quite outspoken and always ready for a good strong verbal jousting bout. Lol

Steak vs. Sav-a-lot hotdogs? No brainer there, AW! Sounds like both you and imposter have been keeping pretty busy and working up quite the appetite! We did change ghe chicken pen a little to give the hens Something different to scratch around. they seem more content.
Hope that cold and snow princess was talking about misses us. Enough cold already!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#96393 Mar 11, 2014
@Anne.. Last Saturday, I dropped a bale of straw in the back half of the chicken house planning to use some of it later to replenish the nests. The hens spread it around themselves and did a pretty good job of that. LOL So after work yesterday, I just picked up some of their spread and refilled the nests. I suppose they are making sure that they are comfy when the next cold and snow arrives.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#96394 Mar 12, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
Oh imposter, you'll have to tell me what you mean by BYOW.! Lol.!
I am pretty sure that he did not mean for it to be "Bring your own whoopie- cushion" LOL
lol

New Albany, IN

#96395 Mar 12, 2014
Nice rain equals great sleep zzzzzz

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96396 Mar 12, 2014
Good Morning to all on this cold snowy day. When is it going to stop? We were "happy, happy, happy" to have the warm days! Nonetheless , I'm planning a great day! Shovel out and go forward!
The hens are loving their new spot but I need another bale of straw ..sooo onward !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min Wes250 138,602
burger king service sucks!! 1 hr squeeky clean 22
RIP Bill Fred (Jun '12) 1 hr Sam Winters 121
Whos gonna be principal at GR Hampton 1 hr good 5
Disability Fraud 1 hr Southern Rebel 45
famous people from Knox County (Jan '12) 1 hr okay 88
looking for someone to level a spot for my pool 2 hr help wanted 1
Teresa Gray in Jail Again 11 hr 😟 10
Rabbitt cox arrest 13 hr Women being stalked 17
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]