Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81698 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

Paris, TN

#96445 Mar 16, 2014
Good evening all! My computer has been giving me fits and I've not been able to post like Ive wanted to. That old song about being a lump of coal but "I'm going to be a diamond someday " .., i remember that old song.. Lol
Yesterday was fantastic weather but its back to snow:-( Guess time will take care of it all and spring will arrive soon . Sure hope so. I watched a movie about the first train robbery that happened shortly after the civil war., The movie was pretty informative and included a little humor. Several brothers by the last name of Reno and their buddies wrecked a lot of havoc in a short time and of course , eventually lost their own lives.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96447 Mar 16, 2014
@ Wolf......I'll sure agree with you about Doc Watson and, man, I hate that he passed on. I've watched him more than once as he was playing and he just don't miss a lick. Makes me ashamed! Do you know if that was another of his sons playing along with him towards the end? One was killed in a tractor accident.

@ Anne.....Not that I "was there" and know all about it but those brothers, so I've read in Wild West, were actually the originators of train robbery. Guess they got left out when Hollywood picked up on Butch Cassidy and/or Jesse James.(Hey now, that was a movie, Butch and Sundance. Two great actors they were!) I'll never believe that they got shot to pieces in South America.

Sunday, 6:42 PM......UGH!!...heap big, ugly, rainy day here, still is.
Anne

Paris, TN

#96448 Mar 16, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne.....Not that I "was there" and know all about it but those brothers, so I've read in Wild West, were actually the originators of train robbery. Guess they got left out when Hollywood picked up on Butch Cassidy and/or Jesse James.(Hey now, that was a movie, Butch and Sundance. Two great actors they were!) I'll never believe that they got shot to pieces in South America.

Sunday, 6:42 PM......UGH!!...heap big, ugly, rainy day here, still is.
MM, guess you weren't there. Late 1860's lol. Friends of mine live in that area and participated in the latest historical DVD of those brothers. At least one of the younger members of that group rode with billy the kid. Bad bloody times.
Then there's Big Nose George Parrott. After he was hanged, his skin was made into a pair of shoes and his skull an ashtray. Now, wasnt the people who created these items out of Big Nose George just plain sick? I saw these items in an area museum . Really morbid.

Nasty here today . But the forecast sounds pretty good for the week:-)
Big John

Danville, KY

#96449 Mar 16, 2014
Birds dead? When did this happen? It seems like that is all everyone on here is talking about!!!!!!!!!!
Duh

Louisville, KY

#96450 Mar 16, 2014
This is not about birds silly
RaRa

Brevard, NC

#96451 Mar 16, 2014
Not to say that it hasn't happened again, but back in 2011 was a huge find of dead birds in western Ky. Wondering if Monsanto has anything to do with birds, fish, bees, and of course humans.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96452 Mar 17, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
Guess they got left out when Hollywood picked up on Butch Cassidy and/or Jesse James.(Hey now, that was a movie, Butch and Sundance. Two great actors they were!)
.... and BJ Thomas "Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head".... but it was a little snow and ice crystals here, but I still have to take care of the chickens and head out to work.... a good day to all.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96453 Mar 17, 2014
@Anne... and then there was Big Nose Kate that was Doc Holiday's sidekick LOL
qwerty

Luck, WI

#96454 Mar 17, 2014
"I never want to know a day that's over 40 degrees-I'd rather have it 30, 20, 10, 5 and let it freeze!" -
Snow Miser - The Year Without a Santa Claus, 1974

never did like that guy
Lol

Elizabethtown, IN

#96455 Mar 17, 2014
Snow and ice sucks. I need some sunshine. Want to see your face and maybe kiss those lips lol
whatever

Lexington, KY

#96460 Mar 17, 2014
Think it has alot to do with weather
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96463 Mar 17, 2014
upper right corner is a big RED X that will get rid of this topic with just one small click... Help Yourself, it is self service. lol
then,

United States

#96465 Mar 18, 2014
Bidrs, the easiest thing is to not click on this thread. You don't have to read it at all. There are millions of threads all over the world but I choose to read only a very few that I enjoy
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96467 Mar 18, 2014
[QUOTE who="then,"]Bidrs, the easiest thing is to not click on this thread. You don't have to read it at all. There are millions of threads all over the world but I choose to read only a very few that I enjoy [/QUOTE]Good Point. If people don't like this thread, why do they keep clicking the thing on?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96474 Mar 18, 2014
Bidrs wrote:
F**K a buncha birds dying in Western Kentucky! Get rid of this damn topic!
It's better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

(If you didn't get the message, there are other ways to word this ..!!!)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96475 Mar 18, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It's better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
(If you didn't get the message, there are other ways to word this ..!!!)
or "Even a fish would not get caught, if it kept it's mouth shut" LOL
Anne52

United States

#96476 Mar 19, 2014
Lol, you guys are spouting words of great wisdom .*sigh* its that tongue of mine that gets me into trouble also. The Bible even tells how unruly and troublesome this little member of our bodies can be for us.,

Exciting news around our house. There's a new little one that's been added to the family:-)

My computer is still giving problems. Then the wifi started acting up so....problems all around. I Hope to get things straightened out soon so
Have a wonderful day !

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96477 Mar 19, 2014
Found some old bird cages and cleaned them up. The children spray painted them cool colors and hung them in the trees! Can't wait till doing comes and they are all chirping! The children love taking pics of them! 49 degrees today but rain;(
Anne

United States

#96483 Mar 19, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Found some old bird cages and cleaned them up. The children spray painted them cool colors and hung them in the trees! Can't wait till doing comes and they are all chirping! The children love taking pics of them! 49 degrees today but rain;(
I love that idea! I have several that could definite us a little sprucing up! I need to do that ASAP before the birds move in. It's a nice 54* right now and the sun actually peeked out for a little while. Today I walked the creek with a friend and pick up appropriate stones to make a "sea turtle" in my flower bed. It's going to turn out quite nice with the brown rock turtle surrounded with the small white gravel. It's good to be outdoors again.(Please, please, no more snow)
Anne

United States

#96484 Mar 19, 2014
Lol. I'm so very thankful the grammar police does not pick on me. Lol.
Hope everyone has a great evening! Btw, I think my home computer has been FIXED. Certainly hope so!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min Strel 163,375
Who is this man 1 hr Curious 4
Who's tractor Sherman Lawson Steal ??? 1 hr sad but true 26
Major Coward 1 hr Tim 1
Official city public Servant 1 hr Citizen 1
Brick yard ponds 2 hr truth 4
Fwb 3 hr Real 19
I would like to know if any Knox county teacher... 3 hr Real 64

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages