Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81703 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

imposter

Newark, OH

#96222 Feb 28, 2014
Anne wrote:
@MM. Just listened to Slim Whitman, Elvis and Donny Osmonds versions. Osmond even does an Elvis rendition for fun. All good. But if I had to pick one I'd say Slim. Now that I've listened to half a dozen versions that song will be running in my head the rest of the day. Lol
Slim and Elvis I can understand but that Donnie Osmond chick caused me almost as much confusion as the Peter Frampton chick back in the day.
I was quite taken with the Peter Frampton...till I found out it was a dude all along.
Oh well, its a crazy world we live in and I fit in quite nicely.
imposter

Newark, OH

#96223 Feb 28, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
"You are a fascinating creature: I don't know whether to laugh at you outright or pull out my abnormal psychology reference manual to see how you rate for your histrionic, narcissistic, and antisocial behaviors..."
You aint seen nothing yet Princess LOL. I would leave the most seasoned psychoanalyst in the world scratching his head with a dropped jaw, mouth open expression of disbelief, wondering what in the world he just analyzed.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96224 Feb 28, 2014
@Imposter..I can't hardly put the chainsaw away just yet. There is still residue from the ice storm to clean up. In fact, I will most likely break the piggy bank and buy a new Stihl tomorrow for the residue and the potential spring storms. But I did take the weedeater to the small engine repair shop this morning and left it for an annual checkup. Mower ought to okay, I broke the piggy bank last year and got a new one. It might need a battery though. Those things hardly ever survive the winter.
Yep, just 20 more days and I am more than ready.

Someone (I think Princess) posted about St. Patrick's Day coming up. Savannah Georgia is the place to be for that party.
DUMBPOST

Nashville, TN

#96225 Feb 28, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you never read this thread but if you'd stick around long enough maybe you could enjoy its dynamics. Reading a day or twos entries just will not make much sense. So hang around, see what's its about and join in.
So, Anne you honestly think I am going to sit here and read 8045 pages to gain a perspective on this. The fact is, no real conversation goes on since 2011 and here it is 2014. All this post really has is a bunch of retarded people yammering on and on for THREE YEARS!!! Maybe it should have been titled COUNTRY HICKS YAMMER ON AND ON FOR THREE YEARS!!! It is not like you really have lives anyway in the backwards hills anyway. Perhaps those dead birds are your food source. Well at least you have some food source for Thanksgiving Dinner. Just get some hot sauce, sweet potatoes and green bean casserole and you have a meal. Anyway, have fun with your useless Topix post.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96226 Feb 28, 2014
oops.. double post. No doubt will get deleted.
imposter

Newark, OH

#96228 Feb 28, 2014
Wolf those Jonsered chainsaws from tractor supply are very durable. They're made by Husqvarna, I got one when they first came out years ago and its still running like a champ and man I put it to the logs last year and the year before.
I had to sharpen the chain a few times but other than that its been a good one. I like them because they're so lightweight but still powerful.
I did change the plug in it once but thats to be expected.
Later on people. imposter out. Click

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96231 Feb 28, 2014
imposter wrote:
<quoted text>You aint seen nothing yet Princess LOL. I would leave the most seasoned psychoanalyst in the world scratching his head with a dropped jaw, mouth open expression of disbelief, wondering what in the world he just analyzed.
Some Jerk made a very bad statement and it got deleted but that's how I told him off.

Location hidden

#96232 Feb 28, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Imposter..I can't hardly put the chainsaw away just yet. There is still residue from the ice storm to clean up. In fact, I will most likely break the piggy bank and buy a new Stihl tomorrow for the residue and the potential spring storms. But I did take the weedeater to the small engine repair shop this morning and left it for an annual checkup. Mower ought to okay, I broke the piggy bank last year and got a new one. It might need a battery though. Those things hardly ever survive the winter.
Yep, just 20 more days and I am more than ready.
Someone (I think Princess) posted about St. Patrick's Day coming up. Savannah Georgia is the place to be for that party.
I did hear that before I wish I could go but these children are not off of school for a long time for me to drive and be back for school. But me and my friends could do a plane trip;)
imposter

Newark, OH

#96233 Feb 28, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Jerk made a very bad statement and it got deleted but that's how I told him off.
I've made some stupid and mean comments myself, now I just stick to the stupid ones.
I dont think many here could care any less about what trolls write anyways.

I like reading the regular old day to day chats on this thread. If I didn't I wouldn't read them...

HEY! There is the remedy for the people that don't like what they read here! They could just...not read it, not comment no prob.
I solved a problem today, half drunk on makers mark too!
imposter

Newark, OH

#96234 Feb 28, 2014
QWERTY
you should try the Mcrib combo this evening, its especially good today. Go ahead man, just do it!

qwerty is THE best dang moniker I ever seen, oh the simplicity of qwerty's ingenious mind!
Hear hear my good man. Smashing good moniker, smashing good.
imposter

Newark, OH

#96236 Feb 28, 2014
But tequila makes her skirt fall off!
Where have you been?
Kiss me you little vixen, right here on the mouth!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96237 Mar 1, 2014
@ Anne & Wolf........really glad that ya all liked that song by Slim (not Pickins, Wolf, LOL.) But you are right Anne, it kinda wedges into a person's memory bank. After I'd posted it the other night, I had second thoughts about what other people might or might not like.

Now.....I probably shouldn't bring this up but I read on the internet news tonight that Kentucky's U.S. District Judge John G. Heyburn II has approved the recognition of same sex marriage. Never thought it would happen in Ky or Ms. A judge here shot it down about two months ago but it'll probably come up again. Durn if I can see how such a "little" band of freaks can carry so much weight and make so much noise but,.......that's just pure, sick, one-sided, anti-Bible, blind politics, I guess!
Robert

Madisonville, KY

#96238 Mar 1, 2014
This forum is the most ridiculous forum out of all the county's that I have visited in the last 6 months. 3 years of jibber jabber about snow, brown beans, poems, tractors, some dog that's got to go piss all the time I mean seriously folks is this really all you guys have is Topix with using a fake name? How sad and lonely you must feel! How bout taking all that effort that you're using to talk to people you'll never meet and call up an old classmate, gym teacher, family member or something DAMN IT!!! Just can't seem to come to terms with all the talk about food, tires, an old letterman jacket and which company makes them GEEZ PEOPLE PLEASE GO SEEK SOME HELP BEFORE ITS TO LATE AND WE'VE LOST YOU FOR GOOD. Now I'am actually off to the gym myself speaking of gym teacher. I'am kinda hoping to work on my legs today. What good is a huge upper body with stick legs that can't support it? Maybe a few of you old timers should consider hitting the weights instead of the keyboard!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96239 Mar 1, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
Now.....I probably shouldn't bring this up but I read on the internet news tonight that Kentucky's U.S. District Judge John G. Heyburn II has approved the recognition of same sex marriage. Never thought it would happen in Ky or Ms. A judge here shot it down about two months ago but it'll probably come up again. Durn if I can see how such a "little" band of freaks can carry so much weight and make so much noise but,.......that's just pure, sick, one-sided, anti-Bible, blind politics, I guess!
Yep, it makes my hermit lifestyle even more appealing and I can generally stay among the folks where I don't have to see that nonsense and moral degredation. I have almost gotten to the point of not even watching any news at all except the weather.
Somehow, that reminds me of a time in the late 1950s when 2 dogs got hung up on the front steps of the local Baptist church and when the Pastor went to greet everyone at the door, he would not let the congregation go out until he chased the dogs off. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96240 Mar 1, 2014
Robert wrote:
This forum is the most ridiculous forum out of all the county's that I have visited in the last 6 months. 3 years of jibber jabber about snow, brown beans, poems, tractors, some dog that's got to go piss all the time I mean seriously folks is this really all you guys have is Topix with using a fake name? How sad and lonely you must feel! How bout taking all that effort that you're using to talk to people you'll never meet and call up an old classmate, gym teacher, family member or something DAMN IT!!! Just can't seem to come to terms with all the talk about food, tires, an old letterman jacket and which company makes them GEEZ PEOPLE PLEASE GO SEEK SOME HELP BEFORE ITS TO LATE AND WE'VE LOST YOU FOR GOOD. Now I'am actually off to the gym myself speaking of gym teacher. I'am kinda hoping to work on my legs today. What good is a huge upper body with stick legs that can't support it? Maybe a few of you old timers should consider hitting the weights instead of the keyboard!!
Well, I see you hit the keyboard to complain about the rest of us oldtimers before you went to the gym, but I will hit the keyboard before I hit the woods with my chainsaw and involve myself with activities where I can actually to something productive for the cold and needy. I will also stop off at my chicken house and get some eggs for those hungry folks when I go to church tomorrow. So what will your upper torso and legs accomplish? Something that might impress someone when you go to Walmart? or strut around on your high horse? Good Day.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96241 Mar 1, 2014
@ Wolf above.............Man, what a comparison,......no.....what a fitting comparison. In years past, I walked through a hospital full of scaley, scabby incoherent patients who were in bad need of charity. Even they appealed to me more than this current slimey group ever will.
birds

London, KY

#96242 Mar 1, 2014
Omg terrible hang over. Tequilla and beer and juice equals no fun the next day. Tylenol much needed.

Location hidden

#96243 Mar 1, 2014
It's snowing and getting cold, day 2 of the snow 3 more days then hopefully sun and in double digits;)
Anne

Versailles, IN

#96244 Mar 1, 2014
Wow, Princess, its still in the 50's around here!! No snow yet !
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96246 Mar 1, 2014
after working most all day getting firewood for the needy, I went out to eat without even wearing a coat. The 50s seemed like a heat wave. lol But it won't last long, a winter storm is in the forecast for tomorrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New business 10 min Suzy Q 7
Wilderness Off Road Area 24 min hail storm 2
Methheads 29 min Meth heads you ar... 6
Christians 41 min bvillain 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 49 min usa 159,459
Artemus Bridge 1 hr Quantummist 5
Heidrick 4 hr Quantummist 13
Body Found 19 hr mike 3

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web