Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 4,029)

Showing posts 80,561 - 80,580 of81,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Anne wrote:
:( can't sleep
I already did for 8 hours but I went to bed right after the chickens went to roost and now Dog has heard the roosters crowing and decided that we needed to go out to the tree. More snow out there and dog went without my company but he did not stay long.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Upsurge heart wrote:
<quoted text>
Me either !
well counting sheep hasn't helped so I'am at a loss. Maybe it's my conscious lol. What is your story my friend? Hope you get yourself a little sleep friend.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Anne wrote:
<quoted text> well counting sheep hasn't helped so I'am at a loss. Maybe it's my conscious lol. What is your story my friend? Hope you get yourself a little sleep friend.
Wonder why they always wanted to count sheep? Why not count pigs or goats ? We had some of those to count but would have had to borrow the sheep. LOL
Anne

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Wonder why they always wanted to count sheep? Why not count pigs or goats ? We had some of those to count but would have had to borrow the sheep. LOL
Well, AW, be aware of wolves in sheeps clothing! My iPhone isn't using United States as my location right now... So, someone's up to a little mischief!
Anne

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Anne wrote:
:( can't sleep
Hey, "Anne"! It was only 10pm my time when you posted this! Why would I be worried about not being able to sleep at that hour? Lol.:-)
Upsurge heart

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, AW, be aware of wolves in sheeps clothing! My iPhone isn't using United States as my location right now... So, someone's up to a little mischief!
Hmmm
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

I really would appreciate it if you wouldn't try to pose as me. AW we go way back so yeah someone's playing games. You know yourself that this old iPhone I've never be able to keep track of where it's always saying I'am posting from. Well going to try to sleep once again. Goodnight friends!
Visitor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Just a idea here! Why don't the ones that usually uses this just register so there won't be any confusion? And I'am not seeing any information on dying birds so wtf is this anyways??
Upsurge heart

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Visitor wrote:
Just a idea here! Why don't the ones that usually uses this just register so there won't be any confusion? And I'am not seeing any information on dying birds so wtf is this anyways??
Great idea !!!! But I do have one for here . But you the person wouldn't talk to me anyway !
Visitor

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Upsurge heart wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea !!!! But I do have one for here . But you the person wouldn't talk to me anyway !
huh?? Btw you must think you know who I am but I can assure you that you do not. Sure I'd talk with you as long as you don't act as stupid as your last couple post. Good morning all I hope everyone has a great day it's time for some green tea then it's yoga time!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

I will skip the yoga. I have been up the hill to the chicken house 3 times already to feed and water and replace the water feed light bulb that keeps the water from being ice. Now it is off to church to Thank GOD for all my blessings and being alive and able to make it up to the chicken house.

Besides, I lost an old school mate this week that was 4 years younger then me and he did not even have a chicken house to keep him active. We also lost Ralph Waite this week..(John Walton) who's acting role displayed a faith in the ALMIGHTY that is/was depicted to be about the same as mine in that GOD is everywhere and not just in a building following man-made rules of social conformity; but HE can be found wherever we wish to look.. especially in the solitude of the trees and the admiration of all the critters provided to us. Good day to all.
boom

Hope, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Just 3 more for your 5 dozen.
Thank you. I finally made it to 4 dozen yesterday afternoon. The 21 ladies layed 13 eggs yesterday and one was still thinking about it but I couldn't wait on her. I'm glad the laying is picking up because demand is too. Hopefully no more frozen eggs.
Anne

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

boom wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. I finally made it to 4 dozen yesterday afternoon. The 21 ladies layed 13 eggs yesterday and one was still thinking about it but I couldn't wait on her. I'm glad the laying is picking up because demand is too. Hopefully no more frozen eggs.
You are getting quite a few eggs in this cold weather so you're doing something right!
Frozen eggs: I've had a couple of those! They were so frozen they split open. There's been a few so very cold I wondered if they were frozen also. Right or wrong I threw the frozen egg on the ground and the ladies gobbled it up.
Anne

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I will skip the yoga. I have been up the hill to the chicken house 3 times already to feed and water and replace the water feed light bulb that keeps the water from being ice. Now it is off to church to Thank GOD for all my blessings and being alive and able to make it up to the chicken house.

Besides, I lost an old school mate this week that was 4 years younger then me and he did not even have a chicken house to keep him active. We also lost Ralph Waite this week..(John Walton) who's acting role displayed a faith in the ALMIGHTY that is/was depicted to be about the same as mine in that GOD is everywhere and not just in a building following man-made rules of social conformity; but HE can be found wherever we wish to look.. especially in the solitude of the trees and the admiration of all the critters provided to us. Good day to all.
I'm sorry about your loss. God IS everywhere and it is right that we meet with others for encouragement and to give encouragement to those that are going through rough patches in life. It is good to be with those that believe as we do. The trees/flowers/animals all give proof of Gods greatness. How Marvelous!
boom

Hope, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting quite a few eggs in this cold weather so you're doing something right!
Frozen eggs: I've had a couple of those! They were so frozen they split open. There's been a few so very cold I wondered if they were frozen also. Right or wrong I threw the frozen egg on the ground and the ladies gobbled it up.
I doubt if I had much to do with it. Chickens lay pretty good through their first winter and my oldest ones won't be a year old until next month. There's a group younger than them and they're laying the best. I'll probably start another bunch so somebody will be laying next winter too.

Those frozen eggs are odd. When they freeze the shell splits but when they thaw out the shell goes right back together and you probably wouldn't even know the shell had been split. If the membrane wasn't broke I ate those too. I did feed one to the dog. Pretty funny, he chewed on it like a bone. lol Now and then a few got broke because of the shell already being cracked. I eat the ones that are a little damaged or their looks might turn somebody else off. The rest the family eats or are sold or gave away.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

@Boom and Anne.. I only made it with 4 1/2 dozen for 4 days. If an egg is just dented, I save those for myself. But any that are frozen or cracked, I do not throw back to the chickens. I may be wrong but I don't want them to develop a habit of eating their eggs and I pitch those few into the creek to wash downstream for other critters.

I rarely get frozen eggs anyways. I sit around getting bored and wind up going up the hill several times a day just to get outside for a while and most often my eggs are still warm. LOL .
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Boom and Anne.. I only made it with 4 1/2 dozen for 4 days. If an egg is just dented, I save those for myself. But any that are frozen or cracked, I do not throw back to the chickens. I may be wrong but I don't want them to develop a habit of eating their eggs and I pitch those few into the creek to wash downstream for other critters.
I rarely get frozen eggs anyways. I sit around getting bored and wind up going up the hill several times a day just to get outside for a while and most often my eggs are still warm. LOL .
Typo correction.... It was just 3 1/2 dozen for the 4 days.
Chem trails

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

Look up at the sky,what is that coming out of the back of those plains? And why does it linger and block out the blue sky? Ya think that's normal? Reallllllly. Hmmmmmm. It's poison. Take a deep breath. And roll your eyes. And call people like me conspiracy theorists. Then take another deeeeeeeep breath.
I watched you change

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

Chem trails wrote:
Look up at the sky,what is that coming out of the back of those plains? And why does it linger and block out the blue sky? Ya think that's normal? Reallllllly. Hmmmmmm. It's poison. Take a deep breath. And roll your eyes. And call people like me conspiracy theorists. Then take another deeeeeeeep breath.
Those chemtrails that you see are not really there, just you and everyone else think they are. It is imposible for planes to spray, who would steer the plane? There is only one purpose if they did spray, because having more than one use for things is insanity. If they really are spraying chemtrails, I am 1000% they are safe and most likely nutritious and extremely healthy for our lungs, skin and brains. The government has never harmed anyone, wars are all just lies created by the History Channel to boost ratings.
Chem trails

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

They do things like that because we are to stupid to look up and see ,, and the term conspiracy theorist ,makes people cover there ears and eyes and not want to talk about what I right in front of there faces, Devide and conquer. That is how they win,,,get us arguing over there politics and pointing the finger at each other. Instead of them..we lose they win. Oldest trick in the book, still we fall for it,, look up. And tell others to look up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,561 - 80,580 of81,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance