Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81784 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

whoever is reading this

United States

#95817 Feb 6, 2014
don't forget to smile today!!
Anne

United States

#95818 Feb 6, 2014
Good morning!!! Ice and snow, again.
:-(
qwerty

Butler, KY

#95819 Feb 6, 2014
A bird in the hand is worth......well.......not much.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95821 Feb 6, 2014
qwerty wrote:
A bird in the hand is worth......well.......not much.
But two in the bush is an interesting thought to ponder!
Good Morning Qwerty
not pam

Lexington, KY

#95822 Feb 6, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
But two in the bush is an interesting thought to ponder!
Good Morning Qwerty
See, this is good, lots of people to chat with and become friends with here! Just don't hit them with the troop of alts or you'll annoy them, too.
Anne

United States

#95823 Feb 6, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Interesting night and day.. I had to cut on a tree that had iced over and fallen and blocked my road so I could get out. It had uprooted from a higher level bank and was arched over the road, so I cut off the lower limbs and drove under the arches... Not McDonald's or St. Louis. lol

Sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Lol

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95824 Feb 6, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Lol
I wonder if I put my heirloom tomato seeds under my pillow, Spring will come quicker?
Anne

United States

#95825 Feb 6, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if I put my heirloom tomato seeds under my pillow, Spring will come quicker?

Yes, ma'am . That's exactly the way it happened back in '03 when I tried that.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95826 Feb 6, 2014
Well, Anne must be flying high. She has gone from Indianapolis, to Chicago Ridge to Los Angeles in just a few of hours. LOL
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

#95827 Feb 6, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Well, Anne must be flying high. She has gone from Indianapolis, to Chicago Ridge to Los Angeles in just a few of hours. LOL
Lol. It's not cold here!
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

#95828 Feb 6, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. It's not cold here!
Lol whoops not Los Angeles anymore. Heeheehee Aloha!!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95829 Feb 6, 2014
@ Anne.....The Belle robbed channel 5's U.S. weather map the other night and loaded it onto my favorites column. After checking the temp's around the country, I've gotta ask: How did you like Chi-town's 1*? Not much, I'll bet. But that's not as bad as Montana's -13*. I think back of waiting out along side the highway for that ___ school bus with the wind biting my ears so bad they felt warm. I read that every other day they close the schools if it just frosts real bad. HA..!! They never closed schools in Illinois that I remember. Just put chains on the back tires.
right

Owensboro, KY

#95830 Feb 6, 2014
birds, birds, and ice
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

#95832 Feb 6, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne.....The Belle robbed channel 5's U.S. weather map the other night and loaded it onto my favorites column. After checking the temp's around the country, I've gotta ask: How did you like Chi-town's 1*? Not much, I'll bet. But that's not as bad as Montana's -13*. I think back of waiting out along side the highway for that ___ school bus with the wind biting my ears so bad they felt warm. I read that every other day they close the schools if it just frosts real bad. HA..!! They never closed schools in Illinois that I remember. Just put chains on the back tires.
Chicago was COLD. Seat mate on the plane was from Quebec and when they left their house it was -20C . That's even colder lol
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

#95834 Feb 6, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
When we lived in Wyoming, schools allowed students to take off for fall hunting but put a notice in the paper that country parents should find a place in town for their students to stay during inclement weather as school wouldn't be cancelled.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95836 Feb 7, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago was COLD. Seat mate on the plane was from Quebec and when they left their house it was -20C . That's even colder lol
Ohare can be bitter, but I once got stranded overnight in Minn.-St. Paul and that would have been even worse except the airlines paid for a nice hotel and a good meal. I have no desire to go to any place warm and then have to return..... If I went, I would just stay. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95837 Feb 7, 2014
I have an 80+ year old couple that have been without electric since Tuesday evening. Three of the local churches have set up warming centers, but so far they have refused my offer to go after them.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95838 Feb 7, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
I think back of waiting out along side the highway for that ___ school bus with the wind biting my ears so bad they felt warm. I read that every other day they close the schools if it just frosts real bad. HA..!! They never closed schools in Illinois that I remember. Just put chains on the back tires.
They never closed school here back in the day either and no one ever drove the children to school, nor did the school bus come down the road to the homestead. We had to walk out to the main highway and stand in the cold to wait for the bus. But that is where I gained an interest in the Civil War. The old maid (reminds me of Miss Emily and Miss Mamie Baldwin of the Walton's program) that lived out at the end of the road would let us come in to warm sometimes, and her father was an Aide to Robt. E. Lee and we missed the bus a few times listening to her stories about what a great man General Lee had been.(but we did not mind, but for some unknown reason our parents did ... LOL)
what

United States

#95839 Feb 7, 2014
What does everyone here think of the "frost booms" reported in West Ky and other areas? I have been reading of how such were heard prior to other major earthquakes in history. Any thoughts from the group or others who know? I am stepping up preparedness.
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

#95840 Feb 7, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>They never closed school here back in the day either and no one ever drove the children to school, nor did the school bus come down the road to the homestead. We had to walk out to the main highway and stand in the cold to wait for the bus. But that is where I gained an interest in the Civil War. The old maid (reminds me of Miss Emily and Miss Mamie Baldwin of the Walton's program) that lived out at the end of the road would let us come in to warm sometimes, and her father was an Aide to Robt. E. Lee and we missed the bus a few times listening to her stories about what a great man General Lee had been.(but we did not mind, but for some unknown reason our parents did ... LOL)
Those cold, cold days you speak of were just as educational as a full day of school! For sure, your love of history was born while waiting for that bus.
My long walk was about 1,200 feet and then I could wait in my grandparents warm/dry house. Sometimes grandpa would polish an apple so very shiny for me to take to the teacher! Years later Mom told me the real reason for those apples. Seems like I'd grown weary of school and the teachers apple was a ploy to get me headed to school with less fuss! Worked too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speeding Ticket 6 min Quantummist 41
Hunter Brown 15 min Truth hurts 6
Jennifer Jordan 2 hr jennifer jordan 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Reason 148,107
Pam bargo removes post very quick ! 2 hr Well now 3
Walmart 3 hr Hmmmmm 13
Pupinia Stewart for board of education. 5 hr PUPINIA 3
Next board member? 15 hr Apathetictickler 18
Board Meeting 18 hr please pineville 53
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages