Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
80,321 - 80,340 of 81,599 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
boxcar

Faith, NC

#95689 Jan 30, 2014
Why are they dying? Are they still? Is this still happening?
CrackerJack

Mayfield, KY

#95690 Jan 30, 2014
I have had a multitude of birds feeding at my feeders all winter. Three different feeds and one woodpecker suet, so I am getting many differed breeds. None dead yet.
Anne

Henderson, TN

#95694 Jan 30, 2014
Hello, everyone! Oh, I am so hungry! This diet makes me drool whenever a food commercial comes on. But it is a one week diet and surely I'm strong enough to get through it!
I've been catching up and loved the shower and bathing stories. It'd be kinda fun to stand under the downspout to take a shower
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95699 Jan 31, 2014
@Anne... Showering in a gutter down spout might be fun, but I would tend to wait a while until the grit cleans off the shingles. We had a "Y" shaped spout on the end of the down spout that had a trip lever. After the initial rains ran out on the ground, the lever was turned to put only the clean water in the barrel.
Anne

United States

#95701 Jan 31, 2014
A wonderful exfoliating outdoor shower with flowers and roses on a warm summer day? Sounds like an expensive luxury spa shower--in the all together in the great outdoors!
Anne

United States

#95702 Jan 31, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>Too much drugs and Ouija boards lead to bizarre postings-- just say no to drugs and Ouija boards.
This has been an advertisement by the after life.
Hello, Miss E!! You've changed your wardrobe again! You have quite the shoe collection!!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95703 Jan 31, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Miss E!! You've changed your wardrobe again! You have quite the shoe collection!!
Perhaps her real identity is Imelda Marcos. LOL
Anne

United States

#95704 Jan 31, 2014
Imelda Marcos ! Haven't heard that name for a little while. Wonder what's going on with her?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95705 Jan 31, 2014
Better yet..........just who the "!!" is she? Or........do I care?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95708 Jan 31, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
Better yet..........just who the "!!" is she? Or........do I care?
Imelda was the former First Lady of the Phillipines married to Ferdinan Marcos who extorted millions from the Phillipine people and lived lavishly and she was reported to have thousands of shoes. I believe they were ousted and exiled to the USA and he passed on in 1989.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95709 Feb 1, 2014
It appears we are to be blessed with a few warmer days, but another winter storm to roll through by Tuesday
Anne

New Salisbury, IN

#95710 Feb 1, 2014
Imelda Marcos, born in 1929, is in the Philippines House of Representatives. Last summer before the annual Philippines state of the union speech she fell, injuring her knee and foot. She spent her exile in Hawaii and her and her family " won the case of the century --the 901 charges against them. Even at 85 she is still beautiful and has a great sense of humor! Her shoes were never returned to her and are now worthless because of lack of proper care. She says the media greatly enhanced the number and actually had far less: a few hundred, not thousands.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95711 Feb 1, 2014
I am thinking that the only Super Bowl that interests me is the one I plan to fill with popcorn for me and dog... Now the old groundhog's shadow....that is a different story!!
Anne

United States

#95714 Feb 1, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am thinking that the only Super Bowl that interests me is the one I plan to fill with popcorn for me and dog... Now the old groundhog's shadow....that is a different story!!
I am so far out of the loop about Super Bowl. I bet that bowl would hold an awful lot of potato salad or popcorn. Do you pop your corn in the micro or on the stove? I prefer using a thin aluminum sauce pan on the stove top but I buy the microwave type.
Anne

United States

#95715 Feb 1, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
(2nd attempt at this post :-(

I'm so far out of the loop about Super Bowl. Bet that sucker holds a ton of popcorn ! Do you pop your corn in the micro or on the stove top? I prefer using a thin aluminum saucepan to pop mine on the stovetop but reality is I buy only microwave popcorn .
Anne

United States

#95716 Feb 1, 2014
Patience, Annie girl, patience. Lol
Reminds me of Helter Pete. Wonder if he done found hisself a pretty little island girl and ain't nev'r coming back. Helter Pete, meet me at the top of diamond head next Friday around noon!! C u then!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95717 Feb 1, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Hello, Miss E!! You've changed your wardrobe again! You have quite the shoe collection!!
Thanks! A woman can never have too many shoes !
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95718 Feb 1, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
(2nd attempt at this post :-(
I'm so far out of the loop about Super Bowl. Bet that sucker holds a ton of popcorn ! Do you pop your corn in the micro or on the stove top? I prefer using a thin aluminum saucepan to pop mine on the stovetop but reality is I buy only microwave popcorn .
I agree on the thin pan process, but the microwave is quicker. I too generally go the easy route and usually use the "Pop Weaver Light Butter" brand. Others have a bit too much buttery flavor to suit my taste.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95720 Feb 1, 2014
stupid wrote:
why dont you ppl use fb to chat???
What would you have to read and comment on ?
stupid

Manchester, KY

#95722 Feb 1, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you have to read and comment on ?
Check and mate. Name the hotel.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min 62656sss 1,529
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min Commietator 151,276
man and woman who walks in dog town? 36 min barbourville civi... 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mammoth 130,548
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 1 hr agree 4
Long John Silvers 2 hr smark 2
holly cole 2 hr Fact 1
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 23 hr Girl 40
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs