Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81690 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Tollesboro Guy

Nicholasville, KY

#95775 Feb 3, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, it is county maintenance to the edge of my driveway. I live right on the edge of 600 acres of woods between my place and the river with the only access in there being 4 wheelers. There are 2 more houses on out toward the main highway about a 1/2 to 3/4 mile away, plus a farm across the creek and up over the hill about a 1/4 mile. All voters. LOL
I just trudged through about 4 or 5 inches of snow to make my evening chicken feeding. Egg production was down last week, but today was back to normal with 9 eggs.
We got 1 foot of snow in Tollesboro, and it closed down the whole little burg. I am getting ready to try our 2,500 foot lane. There is a 1,500 foot E-W section was drifted pretty big halfway though the storm last night. That big, heavy F350 in 4 wheel low will go anywhere. I hope..
hey

Stone Mountain, GA

#95776 Feb 3, 2014
None here
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95777 Feb 3, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> It seems to me that women are generally just a little bit more vain about their appearance, every where except Walmart. LOL It is rare indeed to see a classic beauty at Walmart.
I have recently seen the Adkin's diet commercials featuring Sharon Osbourne and although I never knew who she was before, I thought she was quite attractive and the accent rather enticing. So I looked her up on Google and found she was worth $40 million, and now she is even more attractive. LOL
Haha, Ozzy has a competitor for his wife. Lol. Sharon has always been a good wife to her man. I read somewhere that she said something about sticking her foot where the sun doesn't shine. She went through breast cancer as well. Terrific Lady.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95778 Feb 3, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Plough is just the British version of plow. Oops. I'm not Miss E or AW. Sorry
Maybe I should have been more considerate. Thanks,Anne. Hope that you are staying warm:)
Anne

Paris, TN

#95779 Feb 3, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe I should have been more considerate. Thanks,Anne. Hope that you are staying warm:)
We had about an inch or so of accumulation. So we're good. I did turn the heat lamp back on for the little ladies water pans. Hope partner is fine and safe.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95783 Feb 3, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
It's in code. The previous conversation about excessive clothes in a female closet--- was code for lots of birds at the feeders today
And the codes may be purchased for only $14.95.... BUT Wait !!!.... We will send you 2 sets of the codes for $14.95..... just pay separate shipping and handling.
Anne

Versailles, IN

#95784 Feb 3, 2014
Low Information Voter wrote:
Why is this thread still going? It seems to now have nothing to do with birds.
You didn't read my last post. It is about birds. Out of 9 birds , 5 have died. And I do know the reason they died. Some of respiratory problems, one from dog teeth, and other strange situations. The remaining birds lead a charmed life in a small castle with a nesting box, large feeder full of laying pellets, a heat lamp for the water and fresh straw.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95785 Feb 3, 2014
In Memory of Mother Goose:

Sing a song of six pence
a pocket full of rye
Four and 20 blackbirds
baked in a pie

And when the pie was opened
The birds began to sing---
Wasn't that a dainty dish
to set before the King

The King was in the counting house
counting out his money
The Queen was in the parlor
eating bread and honey

The Maid was in the garden
hanging out clothes
along came a black bird
and snipped off her nose

Happy now? LOL
NOTaDeadBirdORFi sh

Nicholasville, KY

#95786 Feb 3, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds logical. There has been unusual weather all over the world. That could explain the fish and bird deaths in those areas too.
I agree. The weather has been below freezing ALOT, way more colder than usual. People have been hollerin the ''End of time'' For year's and year's and year's... It's just a little cold weather people!!!!!!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95790 Feb 3, 2014
Well,.......like I said at the start, I would get no where arguing about the Belle's closets, mind you, closets, not clothes or shoes. However, even though she has the "purdiest" hats, blouses, sweaters, 100+ plus pairs of "high-heeled-sneakers, the finest of top/bottom matches, make-up and jewelry, etc..........what does she wear???? Bluejeans.!!! That's OK,.. Goodwill isn't very far away. Yes,....yes, the change hit her hard!...and me, too. But she's still the best partner in life I could have.(I hear ya, Wolf.).(smile'n!).BTW,....I didn't want to get into the kitchen cabinet thing,....but if it falls out, I leave it out!).But it's strange, if she uses my woodshop or uses anything in there, NOTHING is out of place when she's finished. Go figure????
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95791 Feb 4, 2014
I do believe that the self appointed interpreter of GOD's will and what GOD hates is looking into the wrong burning bush for answers. I have been a regular poster-reader on this thread about as long or longer than most others, and I have never seen any posts regarding the issues that give the make-believe Saint so much difficulty. Could he possibly be worrying about his own life-style and demise?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95792 Feb 4, 2014
And to appease those who think that birds should be the only subject discussed here, I have a little bird poem that my dad learned when he was in the first grade in 1921 and later taught to me:

The North Wind shall blow
and we shall have snow
And what will the poor Robin do then?

He will sit in the barn
and keep himself warm
and hide his head under his wing.....
Poor Thing..

(sort of makes you eyes leak a little, doesn't it?)
Anne

United States

#95793 Feb 4, 2014
My better half just showed this to me. Pretty crazy in this world, maybe that's why I stick to row boats and hens.

www.westernjournalism.com
Articles of impeachment?
Tollesboro Guy

Versailles, KY

#95797 Feb 4, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
...and the language you use makes you someone I'd listen to? All have sinned, everyone knows that but you aren't convincing any one of anything except showing us your level of life and loving...and your first impression? Well, not impressed.
Anne, this guy "Saint" is a saboteur and will be nothing but trouble. He probably won't tell me where he lives, or I would go "read to him from the good book". His post hurt my eyes to even read.

Let's ban him for life. Not just for language but for an attack on AW, that is boiling my blood at the moment. So Saint, if you weren't a fly-by, give me your town and home address. I will pay you a visit you won't forget.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95798 Feb 4, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Anne, this guy "Saint" is a saboteur and will be nothing but trouble. He probably won't tell me where he lives, or I would go "read to him from the good book". His post hurt my eyes to even read.
Let's ban him for life. Not just for language but for an attack on AW, that is boiling my blood at the moment. So Saint, if you weren't a fly-by, give me your town and home address. I will pay you a visit you won't forget.
There is no reason to be angry or give that poster (that is so desperate for attention) any thing additional. But Thanks for your support.

Proverbs 15:!.. A SOFT answer turneth away wrath; but grevious words stir up anger
15:2. The tongue of the wise useth knowlege aright; but the mouth of fools
poureth out foolishness
Anne

Versailles, IN

#95799 Feb 4, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>There is no reason to be angry or give that poster (that is so desperate for attention) any thing additional. But Thanks for your support.

Proverbs 15:!.. A SOFT answer turneth away wrath; but grevious words stir up anger
15:2. The tongue of the wise useth knowlege aright; but the mouth of fools
poureth out foolishness
Lol. You've used the right one again. I need to practice but really don't want the experiences that make me have to practice...(???)
Anne

Versailles, IN

#95800 Feb 4, 2014
Good evening everyone!! We're getting hit with this winter storm tonight and there's no school tomorrow. Will they have any summer vacation at all? Sheesh!
Our bags are packed and we're headed out on a little vacation in a day or so. I've got the last minute nerves going on and I'm starting to be a basket case!
qwerty

Luck, WI

#95801 Feb 4, 2014
may the bird of paradise fly up your nose
Anne

Versailles, IN

#95802 Feb 4, 2014
Lol, qwerty!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95804 Feb 4, 2014
"R A I N , R A I N, and some mo' rain, I mean all day long, Tues.! " Mighty good thing the temp isn't dropping any lower or this entire area would be a hew-mong-ous ice skate'n rink.

@Anne.....I wish you and yours a very pleasant time but where in the world are you headed for? Not the north-east, I'll bet. LOL

@ Wolf.......You probably noticed but that empty-headed yo-yo clicked on Reply at my post in a desperate but failed effort to degrade you. No sense at all. For my part,......he's history!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min another viewer 151,687
Knox county voters support TRUMP ! (Jan '16) 20 min bigfoot 16
Older men Younger women 24 min bigfoot 10
cheese eating rat on callebs creek 26 min topcreeker 1
Higher Property Taxes 3 hr taxpayer 13
Give him a second chance DNA (Dec '11) 3 hr Charlie 9
Will someone loan me $6000? (Apr '11) 4 hr Flowers 38

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages