Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81695 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

Paris, TN

#95751 Feb 3, 2014
@AW: You were quick to defend Miss E and the ladies on here did notice. Thanks! Everyone popped out of the woodwork ready to take care of someone special. Thanks.
Now about "stuff" in general. The path in the bedroom is getting wider and we work on it a little while almost every day . My kitchen cabinets are extra tall (9ft ceilings) but I'm short and can reach the second shelf by tiptoeing a little. The other two shelves are for display and there's where Grandmas dishes, churn, special cookie jars, etc are neatly arranged. It's kinda my version of AW's Cracker Barrel wall.
@MM: Hoarder? Hoarder? Lol. Surely you jest!! Lol.(My daughter uses that word on me. Better half is more cautious) My sisters collection of clothes were so extreme I suggested turning her bedroom into a giant closet. Double Clothes Rods along the walls and shoe racks filling another wall. The bed could be in the middle. I know two women who have had the rotating closet rods installed. It rotates much like the carpet display at lowes. Lol
So old

Lexington, KY

#95752 Feb 3, 2014
Anne wrote:
My sisters collection of clothes were so extreme I suggested turning her bedroom into a giant closet. Double Clothes Rods along the walls and shoe racks filling another wall. The bed could be in the middle. I know two women who have had the rotating closet rods installed. It rotates much like the carpet display at lowes. Lol
And I bet when it comes time to go anywhere, they have "nothing to wear". LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95753 Feb 3, 2014
oops.. Forgot to change the ID where I had posted on another thread that I often wonder how people can develop so much hate and negativity toward other posters when they have had so few life experiences?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95754 Feb 3, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
oops.. Forgot to change the ID where I had posted on another thread that I often wonder how people can develop so much hate and negativity toward other posters when they have had so few life experiences?
Thanks for standing up for me AW.
You're always there in the shadows watching out for me.
Roads into Lexington were nasty!
whitehair

Louisville, KY

#95756 Feb 3, 2014
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>So those roads are similar to you.
Snow about 3-4 inches over night. Schools closed. Traffic moving slowly. The city plowed the roads but the subdivision is not. Wrong!!-- the plow just went thru! Now my drive way has a foot of snow at the entrance!!.Think the incoming rain and warmer weather will melt it.. No point in shoveling , not going out anyway. More snow predicted for the end of the week!
Anne

Paris, TN

#95758 Feb 3, 2014
So old wrote:
<quoted text>And I bet when it comes time to go anywhere, they have "nothing to wear". LOL
Lol. Got that right!! I've "nothing to wear" and have a closet full. That's women speak lol. Misty & Miss E and most every woman understands exactly what I mean!!
Anne

Versailles, IN

#95760 Feb 3, 2014
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>Snow about 3-4 inches over night. Schools closed. Traffic moving slowly. The city plowed the roads but the subdivision is not. Wrong!!-- the plow just went thru! Now my drive way has a foot of snow at the entrance!!.Think the incoming rain and warmer weather will melt it.. No point in shoveling , not going out anyway. More snow predicted for the end of the week!
Snow was about an inch on the cars this morning. Schools were on a 2 hour delay. Subdivision we lived in up north didnt plow the streets so the intersections in the subdivision had big piles of snow with narrow car paths around the piles. Our high school junior attempted to cross over the snow pile and was surprised to be "king of the hill" with no way to get off!!
We got 3 eggs today!! All 3 different colors so I know 3 of the 4 hens felt "in the mood" yay.

Location hidden

#95761 Feb 3, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. Got that right!! I've "nothing to wear" and have a closet full. That's women speak lol. Misty & Miss E and most every woman understands exactly what I mean!!
It's a mystery--- when I'm buying, washing, drying, hanging and folding it seems like a lot of clothes; however, at the exact moment I have to get ready it all seems so inadequate
Anne

Paris, TN

#95762 Feb 3, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>It's a mystery--- when I'm buying, washing, drying, hanging and folding it seems like a lot of clothes; however, at the exact moment I have to get ready it all seems so inadequate
Woman to woman, Ive thought about it and here's my woman's opinion. First there's the need of an outfit for a particular occasion- work, 4wheeling, church, shopping etc. and different types of weather in different seasons come into play, then there's the subtle nuances of mood and emotion at the exact time of choosing an outfit. Now, occasions and weather can pretty much be determined far in advance. Winter apparel , summer apparel etc that can be taken care of in advance via shopping sprees, but emotional feelings are "at this moment" and there can be absolutely nothing in the closet that satisfies those (sometimes) subtle feelings. Thus the "I've nothing to wear!"

Location hidden

#95764 Feb 3, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Woman to woman, Ive thought about it and here's my woman's opinion. First there's the need of an outfit for a particular occasion- work, 4wheeling, church, shopping etc. and different types of weather in different seasons come into play, then there's the subtle nuances of mood and emotion at the exact time of choosing an outfit. Now, occasions and weather can pretty much be determined far in advance. Winter apparel , summer apparel etc that can be taken care of in advance via shopping sprees, but emotional feelings are "at this moment" and there can be absolutely nothing in the closet that satisfies those (sometimes) subtle feelings. Thus the "I've nothing to wear!"
I agree--- then factor in the "Men are hunters and women are gatherers" element.
A man says he's going to the store for jeans, razors and toilet paper, they come back with jeans, razors and toilet paper.
How crazy is that?
Women go to the store for the same three items and fill the biggie, put half back, walk the aisles, touch things, try on 20 pair of jeans--- we come home with a carload and no jeans.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95765 Feb 3, 2014
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Snow about 3-4 inches over night. Schools closed. Traffic moving slowly. The city plowed the roads but the subdivision is not. Wrong!!-- the plow just went thru! Now my drive way has a foot of snow at the entrance!!.Think the incoming rain and warmer weather will melt it.. No point in shoveling , not going out anyway. More snow predicted for the end of the week!
Partner had to stop at the truck stop in your area last night. Said cars were in the ditch. I guess, the plows helped him get to moving this a.m. Stay safe,Whitehair, and warm.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95766 Feb 3, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Got that right!! I've "nothing to wear" and have a closet full. That's women speak lol. Misty & Miss E and most every woman understands exactly what I mean!!
Haha, I agree. Surely, the men don't want us wandering around like Eve. A woman can never have enough blouses, trousers and shoes and spring/ summer dresses. Lol. My little girl loves all shoes,and she's a tomboy;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95767 Feb 3, 2014
Is it plow or plough? Ms. E, Mr. AW ? Is either spelling correct?
Anne

United States

#95768 Feb 3, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
Plough is just the British version of plow. Oops. I'm not Miss E or AW. Sorry
Anne

United States

#95769 Feb 3, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>Haha, I agree. Surely, the men don't want us wandering around like Eve. A woman can never have enough blouses, trousers and shoes and spring/ summer dresses. Lol. My little girl loves all shoes,and she's a tomboy;)
Lol. Maybe the do wish we all dressed like Eve... Js
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95770 Feb 3, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
Either spelling is considered to be correct, but I normally use the spelling "plow" to refer to the tool and the spelling "plough" to refer to the action or the result of using the tool. But that is just my preference.

The snow plow just came down my road about 30 minutes ago and ploughed the roadway. The noise woke Dog and I up from our recliner nap. We were napping through an old Gunsmoke rerun on the tv.
Anne

United States

#95771 Feb 3, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Either spelling is considered to be correct, but I normally use the spelling "plow" to refer to the tool and the spelling "plough" to refer to the action or the result of using the tool. But that is just my preference.

The snow plow just came down my road about 30 minutes ago and ploughed the roadway. The noise woke Dog and I up from our recliner nap. We were napping through an old Gunsmoke rerun on the tv.
Lol. They ran that snow plow down your long almost private road ? They must really like you to plough your road! Also it sounds like there's much more snow in your area than we were blessed with. That is okay. I'm not jealous.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95772 Feb 3, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Maybe the do wish we all dressed like Eve... Js
It seems to me that women are generally just a little bit more vain about their appearance, every where except Walmart. LOL It is rare indeed to see a classic beauty at Walmart.

I have recently seen the Adkin's diet commercials featuring Sharon Osbourne and although I never knew who she was before, I thought she was quite attractive and the accent rather enticing. So I looked her up on Google and found she was worth $40 million, and now she is even more attractive. LOL
Anne

United States

#95773 Feb 3, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It seems to me that women are generally just a little bit more vain about their appearance, every where except Walmart. LOL It is rare indeed to see a classic beauty at Walmart.

I have recently seen the Adkin's diet commercials featuring Sharon Osbourne and although I never knew who she was before, I thought she was quite attractive and the accent rather enticing. So I looked her up on Google and found she was worth $40 million, and now she is even more attractive. LOL
At "our" Walmart there is a subway by the front door. Just sitting at the table watching people walk into the store is quite the entertainment. Flannel pajamas? Lol. But then one lady40+ actually ironed creases down the front of the legs. And the "plumbers cracks" --bad enough on men, but women? Then, way too much cleavage. Surely they have double stick tape on the top edge of the shirt to hold it on. Walmart Classics.

Sharon Osborne IS beautiful! You know how to pick 'em! Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95774 Feb 3, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. They ran that snow plow down your long almost private road ? They must really like you to plough your road! Also it sounds like there's much more snow in your area than we were blessed with. That is okay. I'm not jealous.
Yes, it is county maintenance to the edge of my driveway. I live right on the edge of 600 acres of woods between my place and the river with the only access in there being 4 wheelers. There are 2 more houses on out toward the main highway about a 1/2 to 3/4 mile away, plus a farm across the creek and up over the hill about a 1/4 mile. All voters. LOL

I just trudged through about 4 or 5 inches of snow to make my evening chicken feeding. Egg production was down last week, but today was back to normal with 9 eggs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How did Jessica Lee die? 11 min Frog 2
No regrets 1 hr homo 15
Test scores 4 hr parent 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr CriminalForever 153,554
What do bed bugs look like ? 6 hr info 5
Red head step sister (Jul '09) 7 hr sibline 4
what does everyone think about the emergency se... (Jan '09) 8 hr Yuppp 8

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages