Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 4,007)

Showing posts 80,121 - 80,140 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a one eyed, one horned, Fly'n Purple ..........
(tell the truth now, how many remember that one?)
It was a one eyed, one horned, Fly'n Purple people eater
Pigeon toed, under growed, Fly'n Purple people eater...
Well it flew around and it lit on a tree
I said Mister Purple people eater "Don't eat me"

or it could have been... Alley Oop, oop, oop, oop, oop:
There's a man in the funny papers we all know
He lived a way back a long time ago

or it might have been... Ahad, the Arab
The sheik of the burning sand
He wore a big old turban wrapped around his head
and a semital (??) by his side
and every night about midnight, he'd jump on his camel named Clyde
and ride, ride through the night to the Sultan's tent...

And there he saw Fatima, the Queen of the Seven Bells
and there she lay in all her radiant beauty
eaten a grape, a pomeganet, and sipping on a R o C coca cola
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

@ Wolf........hey, you either did several searches, played your old records or have one good memory. I believe you about got 'em all that time. How about a song called "Miller's Cave?" Your arther-itis do'n better on that piano? My right wrist is painful some and I've sent off for a nice looking copper/magnet wrist band........like the dead man again,...may not help but it sure won't hurt.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

No searches, just memory that fails sometimes. Fatima was the Queen of Seven Veils, not Bells. I do not do piano anymore, it has turned into "pain-o". Watkin's liniment from Tractor Supply (Grandpa bought it from a peddler) is the best relief I can get. Miller's Cave does sound familiar,
Anne

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

I found an old VHS movie of the " flyin purple people eater " at a yard sale. Cost a whole quarter I believe
Anne

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
No searches, just memory that fails sometimes. Fatima was the Queen of Seven Veils, not Bells. I do not do piano anymore, it has turned into "pain-o". Watkin's liniment from Tractor Supply (Grandpa bought it from a peddler) is the best relief I can get. Miller's Cave does sound familiar,
I remember the Watkins man coming to our house . His car was loaded down! The trunk was full and so was every possible inside space. Mom bought her spices and flavorings from him. Liniments and various other items also. Another "peddler" was the greeting card lady with a trunk full of boxed cards. I loved standing by the back of the car while grandma looked through the assortment of Christmas, birthday, get well and others . To this day I enjoy sending greeting cards!
Anne

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Checked out that millers cave song. I think I liked the bobby bare recording the best...
Scimitar

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a one eyed, one horned, Fly'n Purple people eater
Pigeon toed, under growed, Fly'n Purple people eater...
Well it flew around and it lit on a tree
I said Mister Purple people eater "Don't eat me"
or it could have been... Alley Oop, oop, oop, oop, oop:
There's a man in the funny papers we all know
He lived a way back a long time ago
or it might have been... Ahad, the Arab
The sheik of the burning sand
He wore a big old turban wrapped around his head
and a semital (??) by his side
and every night about midnight, he'd jump on his camel named Clyde
and ride, ride through the night to the Sultan's tent...
And there he saw Fatima, the Queen of the Seven Bells
and there she lay in all her radiant beauty
eaten a grape, a pomeganet, and sipping on a R o C coca cola
"... and a semital (??) by his side"

I believe that was,...*scimitar*,... by his side.

A scimitar (/&#712;s&#618;m&# 616;t&#601;r/ or /&#712;s&#618;m&#6 16;t&#593;r/)[1] is a backsword or sabre with a curved blade, originating in Southwest Asia (Middle East).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scimitar
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Scimitar wrote:
<quoted text>
"... and a semital (??) by his side"
I believe that was,...*scimitar*,... by his side.
A scimitar (/&#712;s&#618;m&# 616;t&#601;r/ or /&#712;s&#618;m&#6 16;t&#593;r/)[1] is a backsword or sabre with a curved blade, originating in Southwest Asia (Middle East).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scimitar
which is why there were 2 question marks were behind the unknown word, but Thanks for doing the research.
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
which is why there were 2 question marks were behind the unknown word, but Thanks for doing the research.
~laughing so hard~~trying to catch my breath~
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Checked out that millers cave song. I think I liked the bobby bare recording the best...
About 25-30 years ago, my friend and I were fishing in a wider portion of the OkeFenokee Swamp area near WayCross. There was a big rotten log laying on the bank and my friend thought he would impress me with his ability to cast and land his bait near the log. When his bait landed close to the "log" and the log moved, we were both impressed with the need to start the engine and high tail it out of there and leave the huge alligator alone.... LOL
Score.... Alligator 1.... AW 0.... LOL

Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Anne wrote:
I guess everybody from Lefty Frizzell to Hank Snow put that song out. But the original, Lefty's, is my #1! It just sounds........spooky! Wish I had a nickel for everytime I sang that song out somewhere. I don't know what it is, ya all, but I can't, or at least, I won't turn the older music loose. I've spent many, many night/morning hours scanning for "old" R&R, gospel and country songs and adding them to the Favorites column on this lap computer. I've got somewhere between 3 and 4 thousand stored on here now and somehow I want to transfer them to CD's or (??) cassette tapes. They're no good to me unless I carry a computer around everywhere.....NOT. The Belle says I've got this thing over-loaded!

@ Anne......I didn't know of the VHS. Is it just 2 1/2 minutes like the song or an actual, full length movie..........comedy?
teeet

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Fun in the sub
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess everybody from Lefty Frizzell to Hank Snow put that song out. But the original, Lefty's, is my #1! It just sounds........spooky! Wish I had a nickel for everytime I sang that song out somewhere. I don't know what it is, ya all, but I can't, or at least, I won't turn the older music loose. I've spent many, many night/morning hours scanning for "old" R&R, gospel and country songs and adding them to the Favorites column on this lap computer. I've got somewhere between 3 and 4 thousand stored on here now and somehow I want to transfer them to CD's or (??) cassette tapes. They're no good to me unless I carry a computer around everywhere.....NOT. The Belle says I've got this thing over-loaded!
@ Anne......I didn't know of the VHS. Is it just 2 1/2 minutes like the song or an actual, full length movie..........comedy?
Its an actual full movie about a boy helping his grandfather paint the grandfathers apartment. For entertainment, grandfather brings out old records with purple people eater being one of them. As the record plays things start happening.... Cute little movie.
3000-4000 songs? Wow. Impressive. The Belle is right---you're on overload for sure . If you had them on cd you could listen to them at a whim. Hope The Belle enjoys them too as she will more than likely be listening to them also. Lol
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Heeheehee, AW, don't mess with them alligators!!

Last night we sat around and listened to stories of days gone by.'Haints', fireballs, and church--- the fireballs in "our" story were coming from the woods, crossing the road, INTO the cemetery. Since this is the cemetery about a half mile from my house I'm definitely asking others in the neighborhood about this!! Seems this was pretty active around 65 years ago and several of the neighbors were around at that time
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Anne wrote:
Heeheehee, AW, don't mess with them alligators!!
Last night we sat around and listened to stories of days gone by.'Haints', fireballs, and church--- the fireballs in "our" story were coming from the woods, crossing the road, INTO the cemetery. Since this is the cemetery about a half mile from my house I'm definitely asking others in the neighborhood about this!! Seems this was pretty active around 65 years ago and several of the neighbors were around at that time
Seems there was a small lake (pond) in a cemetary and 2 guys had been over there fishing and along about dark, they started dividing the fish to go home.... One for you, one for me...... An old drunk walks by and hears the activity and immediately gives up drinking and takes up religion when he thought that GOD and satan were over there sorting. LOL
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Just thought you might be interested. We have about 3 inches snow, it is still coming down, schools closed, as is most everything. Temp.i s 20 degrees and going down. Shelbyville , Ky.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
Just thought you might be interested. We have about 3 inches snow, it is still coming down, schools closed, as is most everything. Temp.i s 20 degrees and going down. Shelbyville , Ky.
Yuck, yuck, yuck. Headed north, just crossed that Tennessee line. Beautiful. Sunny. 37*(was 42* earlier)
White hair, you make us want to turn west and visit Tucson for awhile. Sigh, guess we'll head towards Louisville and snow after all.
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuck, yuck, yuck. Headed north, just crossed that Tennessee line. Beautiful. Sunny. 37*(was 42* earlier)
White hair, you make us want to turn west and visit Tucson for awhile. Sigh, guess we'll head towards Louisville and snow after all.
Roads have been cleared and seem not bad except in out of the way places. Good luck! Be careful.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>Roads have been cleared and seem not bad except in out of the way places. Good luck! Be careful.
Thanks, whitehair! We've left the sunny skies for gray skies and its quite a bit cooler now. I65 is so crowded and its a pain to drive. It's my least favorite interstate but one I find myself on a lot :-(
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, whitehair! We've left the sunny skies for gray skies and its quite a bit cooler now. I65 is so crowded and its a pain to drive. It's my least favorite interstate but one I find myself on a lot :-(
Anne, you certainly are correct. It has dropped from 33 down to 22 in the last few hours. We are exhausted here on the "The Farm" as we have to change out water buckets every 2 hours. I am pulling hay from a round bale with a pitchfork plus they get a quart of sweet feed every 6 hours. We love our horses but this weather is wearing us down to a nub. Full 2 quarts of sweet feed every other day and plenty of hay.And, running to the hospital twice a day to see Mom in the ICU. At least she got moved to a regular room today so we don't have to hit that two hour window where you can visit for 10 minutes. Seems like we change our outfits every hour. It's getting old but we can't stop. C'mon spring time!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,121 - 80,140 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 41 min Quantummist 128,055
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 144,993
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Poles 26,176
Barbourville topix 1 hr Rumors 11
Re. Maggie Milles 2 hr Just Looking 1
Truddy 2 hr Just Looking 3
looking for a mini pot belly pig 3 hr Shy 3
KC Basketball Coach 3 hr Panther Fanz 71
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 4 hr onefoehim 390
•••
•••
•••
•••