Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81697 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

Versailles, IN

#95034 Dec 24, 2013
Lol. That posted 4 times!! Guess I must've really meant that Merry Christmas! Lol
hmm

Louisville, KY

#95035 Dec 24, 2013
God Bless

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#95036 Dec 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> The majority of my Christmas was already blessed on Sunday, but getting ready to go to a candle light worship service tonight at the Church for another blessing. I have been eating Christmas foods now for 3 days and even treated the chickens with some leftovers for their Christmas Eve dinner and they might even get some more tomorrow. LOL Merry Christmas to you and yours and as Tiny Tim Crachet said "GOD bless us everyone".
Hope your hens are adapting to the cold weather. One day it is 70 degrees, and the next, it goes down to 15 degrees. It's ice chopping time to keep the critters having drinking water, instead of ice cubes or a skating rink. Say hi to Dog from Stein and Harley, the new little terrier needing a home. He looks like "Toto" from the Wizard of Oz. He was abused and will likely need surgery to repair a badly injured stifle (knee). He's glad to finally have a belly full of food and to be out of a small cage in the cold. I have trouble saying no to helpless animals.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#95038 Dec 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> The majority of my Christmas was already blessed on Sunday, but getting ready to go to a candle light worship service tonight at the Church for another blessing. I have been eating Christmas foods now for 3 days and even treated the chickens with some leftovers for their Christmas Eve dinner and they might even get some more tomorrow. LOL Merry Christmas to you and yours and as Tiny Tim Crachet said "GOD bless us everyone".
Merry Christmas AW and everyone else in bird land.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95039 Dec 25, 2013
Tim Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text>Merry Christmas AW and everyone else in bird land.
Merry CHRISTmas to you Tim and everyone else. I had mine earlier and plan to spend a quite day at home with Dog watching the Turner Classics channel beginning now with "Ben-Hur" starring Charleton Heston and the story written by Indiana born Union General Lew Wallace in 1880. That will be followed by "The Robe" starring Richard Burton and Victor Mature. Then "King of Kings" with Robert Ryan and narrated by Orson Welles. No commercials and I think it is appropriate that TCM is focusing on the life and times of Jesus Christ.
Blue shoes

Faber, VA

#95040 Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas to you all, thanks for the hyms shared.
Anne

Versailles, IN

#95041 Dec 25, 2013
Lol, my chickens have had the most wonderful Christmas! All kinds of fruit rinds and peels: apple, pear, cantaloupe , papaya, mango, etc. They have had a feast beyond their wildest imagination! Our breakfast table was loaded with fruits, cheeses, meats, bagels, muffins, crackers and so on. Several years ago while in Europe we enjoyed several of these types of breakfasts and now we enjoy doing the same on Christmas morning.
Gifts are all unwrapped, dishes done and now its nap time. Dinner will be around 6 or so--come on over!
funny

West Liberty, KY

#95042 Dec 25, 2013
That's funny. I HAD chicken for my Christmas celebration.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95043 Dec 25, 2013
Anne wrote:
Lol, my chickens have had the most wonderful Christmas! All kinds of fruit rinds and peels: apple, pear, cantaloupe , papaya, mango, etc. They have had a feast beyond their wildest imagination! Our breakfast table was loaded with fruits, cheeses, meats, bagels, muffins, crackers and so on. Several years ago while in Europe we enjoyed several of these types of breakfasts and now we enjoy doing the same on Christmas morning.
Gifts are all unwrapped, dishes done and now its nap time. Dinner will be around 6 or so--come on over!
My chickens may get a sugar high from all the candy (shhhhhhhh don't tell) that was given to me. But maybe the left over green beans, corn, potatoes, and cole slaw will offset the sugar high. Now for a good homemade cheeseburger with a big slice of onion and some of my best gift.. a quart jar of home made dill pickles made with the tiny cucumbers.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95045 Dec 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>My chickens may get a sugar high from all the candy (shhhhhhhh don't tell) that was given to me. But maybe the left over green beans, corn, potatoes, and cole slaw will offset the sugar high. Now for a good homemade cheeseburger with a big slice of onion and some of my best gift.. a quart jar of home made dill pickles made with the tiny cucumbers.
Yum. Throw me one on too!
Anne

Paris, TN

#95047 Dec 26, 2013
The house is quiet. Heavenly Peace, lol.
The chickens are loving the warmer temps! Ms Faithful has started giving an egg a day again.
We will do some traveling tomorrow to spend time with family. It's potluck so that means a stop at a deli when we get close. Heeheehee. That cheeseburger AW fixed up earlier sounds mighty good right now!
Hope everyone is safe and snug.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95048 Dec 26, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Yum. Throw me one on too!
I tried, but it would not hold together with all the mustard, mayo, pickles, onion, and cheese. So I just ate yours too. lol
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95049 Dec 26, 2013
I've gotta agree, tho' it's 12:19 AM, one of them Back Yard Burgers would suit me just fine about now. As you can tell, I DON'T cook. But have ya ever noticed? Whether it be BYB, Burger King or Wendy's (no McD's.....Yuk!), when you bite into that thing you find that some negligent "team member" piled all the extras in one spot under there, and not necessarily in the middle !!! I want them all (only catsup, pickle and onion) spread uniformly and even. That way, I get a taste with every bite. Oh,....and at Cracker Barrel, except for breakfast, I order onion with every meal especially with turnip greens. I have to tell them,.....a SLAB of it ,....not any of them rings! Usually works, too.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95050 Dec 27, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
I've gotta agree, tho' it's 12:19 AM, one of them Back Yard Burgers would suit me just fine about now. As you can tell, I DON'T cook. But have ya ever noticed? Whether it be BYB, Burger King or Wendy's (no McD's.....Yuk!), when you bite into that thing you find that some negligent "team member" piled all the extras in one spot under there, and not necessarily in the middle !!! I want them all (only catsup, pickle and onion) spread uniformly and even. That way, I get a taste with every bite. Oh,....and at Cracker Barrel, except for breakfast, I order onion with every meal especially with turnip greens. I have to tell them,.....a SLAB of it ,....not any of them rings! Usually works, too.
It used to be said that an 'Apple a Day, Keeps the Doctor away'. But more recently, some research suggests that should be an onion in that the flavornoids assist in thinning your blood, decreasing inflammation, and fighting cancer. I am betting it could also help ward off the common cold in that one's breath would smell so bad that no one would want to get around you spreading their germs. LOL I wonder if that is how it became a tradition to wear a garlic around one's neck so that the Vampire would not like the taste when it gnawed on your carotid artery?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95051 Dec 27, 2013
@MM.. I like the turnip greens with a big onion also, but much prefer collards with some fatback and onion. Many years ago, I knew an old man that loved to deer hunt and he carried a couple of Vidalias in his demin jacket and ate them like an apple. He claimed the smell masked the human aroma. I don't know, I am not a deer hunter.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95052 Dec 27, 2013
Anne wrote:
The house is quiet. Heavenly Peace, lol.
The chickens are loving the warmer temps! Ms Faithful has started giving an egg a day again.
We will do some traveling tomorrow to spend time with family. It's potluck so that means a stop at a deli when we get close. Heeheehee. That cheeseburger AW fixed up earlier sounds mighty good right now!
Hope everyone is safe and snug.
Well, it is over. I guess the fat lady must have sung. LOL
Anne

Paris, TN

#95053 Dec 27, 2013
Hold to that onion thought for a moment. Dad was an onion eater and would eat it like he did an apple . He'd take his pocket knife and slice off a bite then eat it, then proceed till the onion was gone. Also every sandwich had a slab of onion, one of his favorites being bologna with mustard and onion. Me? I like just a ring or two--just for a little onion flavor. I guess a little wimpy by you guys standards. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95055 Dec 27, 2013
Believe it or not, the people in the government are not in charge, GOD is in charge and a discussion about enjoying a hamburger in the mean time is just fine for us folks that are not so paranoid. Good Day.
qwerty

Luck, WI

#95056 Dec 27, 2013
I want a dressed out double cheeseburger sooooo bad right now.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95057 Dec 27, 2013
qwerty wrote:
I want a dressed out double cheeseburger sooooo bad right now.
Me too. Date?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rats and snitches 44 min Tired of the lies 50
New club 2 hr angie 5
Christian singles 5 hr Prettysad 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Chris Jarvis 8272 165,662
Snapchat! 6 hr Call Charmaine 14
Police and Ambulance 7 hr lolz 104
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 8 hr Zeno 793

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages