Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
79,601 - 79,620 of 81,596 Comments Last updated 47 min ago
Anne

United States

#94751 Dec 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I
I also never understood why people that you worked with and complained about for 364 days would mail you a piece of paper on the 365th day only to start back complaining the very next day. It has to be a Postal Service conspiracy. LOL
Thought about my card list and guess what. Not a single co-worker. Just family and friends. I send out about. 65 cards and that is enough. Every year for many years after the Thanksgiving meal was eaten and dishes washed and put away Mom would set out the address box , Christmas cards and ink pens on the dining room table and all us girls would spend an hour of so addressing cards and signing Mom and Dads name. We'd lick and seal the envelope and finally , lick the stamp, stick it on and it was ready for the mail box. Our Thanksgiving tradition! As adults coming home for Thanksgiving another tradition was started and that was we put up the small 3 foot Christmas tree on a table in the corner of the living room. Good memories
Anne

United States

#94752 Dec 10, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
Miss E Font,
Where did the apple cider vinegar come from? It has been a staple here all summer for weed killer (with other components) flea control ( same thing) and most recently 2 quarts water, 1 quart apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of "Jet Dry" normally for you dishwasher. Works better than Rain X if you wash your windshield with it. Just curious and just sayin'!
Whoa!! For my dishwasher? That may be just what I need! But I'm a little confused as to the mix proportions. Would you repeat that slowly for my slow brain? Thanks
Anne

United States

#94753 Dec 10, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
Miss E Font,
Where did the apple cider vinegar come from? It has been a staple here all summer for weed killer (with other components) flea control ( same thing) and most recently 2 quarts water, 1 quart apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of "Jet Dry" normally for you dishwasher. Works better than Rain X if you wash your windshield with it. Just curious and just sayin'!
Lol just reread your post. My brain is slow this morning. Lol. Got it now. Sheesh. Phone woke me up earlier than I wanted to wake up. The school superintendent. No school today.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94754 Dec 10, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa!! For my dishwasher? That may be just what I need! But I'm a little confused as to the mix proportions. Would you repeat that slowly for my slow brain? Thanks
I use regular vinegar in my dishwasher. A cup filled with vinegar is placed in the dishwasher on the top shelf. I run it through a full cycle. This loosens up grime and build up, then I sprinkle baking soda in the washer and run it on a short or rinse only cycle, this freshens and removes stains. Works great
brokenhearted

Horse Cave, KY

#94755 Dec 10, 2013
Amen!
Tips

Quezon City, Philippines

#94756 Dec 10, 2013
Dead?

Location hidden

#94758 Dec 10, 2013
Tips wrote:
Dead?
No they're not-- they are just resting.
But a flesh wound
A Hatefull Prick

Elizabethtown, KY

#94760 Dec 10, 2013
I heard all the birds were gay
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94761 Dec 10, 2013
Been switching my bedrooms and cleaning in preparation of my newly married grandaughter coming home for Christmas with her new (last year) husband and expanded belly containing a great-grand wolf. I have only seen that grandaughter one time in the last 10 years, so this should be special. Heck, I might even decorate... NAW lol
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94762 Dec 10, 2013
Well, AW, what a great Holiday after all! May the new little Wolf bring a twinkle to your eye and more joy to that heart when he or she arrives. Reminds of the story of Lobo and Blanca;) Makes a cold, snowy day so much better, our loved ones can bring us so much happiness. Children are wonders. Good cheer to you and Dog!
Anne

United States

#94763 Dec 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Been switching my bedrooms and cleaning in preparation of my newly married grandaughter coming home for Christmas with her new (last year) husband and expanded belly containing a great-grand wolf. I have only seen that grandaughter one time in the last 10 years, so this should be special. Heck, I might even decorate... NAW lol
Oh, how exciting for you!!! "It's beginning to (feel) a lot like Christmas!" Congrats on the great grand wolf!!! I know you don't do Christmas decorating but a wreath on the door would look nice and a bowl of shining red apples!! A log on the fire!! And a warm hug and a wide smile!! How wonderful!' Be sure to get some pics and print them out! Great grand wolf needs to have a special connection to you!!

Location hidden

#94764 Dec 10, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, how exciting for you!!! "It's beginning to (feel) a lot like Christmas!" Congrats on the great grand wolf!!! I know you don't do Christmas decorating but a wreath on the door would look nice and a bowl of shining red apples!! A log on the fire!! And a warm hug and a wide smile!! How wonderful!' Be sure to get some pics and print them out! Great grand wolf needs to have a special connection to you!!
I agree on the simple decorating. A bowl of pine cones, oranges with cloves pushed into them and tied with ribbon, fresh pine boughs and apple cider.
These are a few of my favorite things
Anne

United States

#94765 Dec 10, 2013
Apple cider, fresh baked cookies, popcorn and apples. Watching one of the old christmas movies. I like homemade brownies too. Even a meal of beans over bread or cornbread warms the body and soul.
(...i don't think there will be any school tomorrow either....sigh...between them being sick two days last week, then the bad weather....they are starting to fight a little too much....I need to change my perspective on this...)

Location hidden

#94766 Dec 10, 2013
Anne wrote:
Apple cider, fresh baked cookies, popcorn and apples. Watching one of the old christmas movies. I like homemade brownies too. Even a meal of beans over bread or cornbread warms the body and soul.
(...i don't think there will be any school tomorrow either....sigh...between them being sick two days last week, then the bad weather....they are starting to fight a little too much....I need to change my perspective on this...)
I had three underfoot for years. I would resort to all kinds of ideas to keep them busy. Once I caught them playing "church" my son was the preacher and he was fussing my daughter because she didn't put all her pennies in the paper plate he was passing around for offering.
I miss every second of that now that the house is quiet.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94767 Dec 10, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, how exciting for you!!! "It's beginning to (feel) a lot like Christmas!" Congrats on the great grand wolf!!! I know you don't do Christmas decorating but a wreath on the door would look nice and a bowl of shining red apples!! A log on the fire!! And a warm hug and a wide smile!! How wonderful!' Be sure to get some pics and print them out! Great grand wolf needs to have a special connection to you!!
Hugs, wide smiles, and logs on the fire are fairly commonplace around here. But I will have good food and the dining table adorned with a nice fruit arrangement and nuts. But the most decorating will be her room with pictures of her late Granny, a few of her Granny's Christmas trinkets and most of all her inheritance that I have been holding for her every since she was 11 years old.. a cabinet full of collectible dolls. BTW Little Wolf's ultrasound indicates male.
Anne

New Salisbury, IN

#94768 Dec 10, 2013
Lol. We did walk down to the dock to test the ice. He beat on the ice with the end of the stick. Sounded real frozen too, but then I held onto the ladder handle and jammed my heel onto the ice and the ice gave away. The ice was less than a half inch thick. Soooo he learned he had better check the ice carefully. ( we NEVER get on the pond ice) Other than that I suspect there's been a lot of Christmas gift snooping going on. Lol
try cinnamon

Greenwood, IN

#94769 Dec 10, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
Gotta revert to the other (!) subject now. As I've said previously, I'm diabetic and hate it but I do watch it pretty well. But "SOMEWHERE" I read about how vinegar with the ? mother in it will help a person's sugar. We couldn't find the durn stuff anywhere for the longest time but finally found it this evening at Kroger's. They finally got it in but now I've forgotten the dose quantity, how often and what to mix it with to make it more tolerable. Did I read it on this thread or does anyone have any helpful suggestions and is it bad for the enamel on your teeth? Hit me broad-side!
Try cinnamon capsules, one capsule with every meal for diabetes. You won't be sorry.

(cinnamon, garlic, vinegar, cayenne pepper,*5,000 IU/day Vitamin D = great immune system)
Anne

New Salisbury, IN

#94770 Dec 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugs, wide smiles, and logs on the fire are fairly commonplace around here. But I will have good food and the dining table adorned with a nice fruit arrangement and nuts. But the most decorating will be her room with pictures of her late Granny, a few of her Granny's Christmas trinkets and most of all her inheritance that I have been holding for her every since she was 11 years old.. a cabinet full of collectible dolls. BTW Little Wolf's ultrasound indicates male.
Sounds wonderful!! I'm so glad they are coming to visit!! I hope she cherishes the collectible dolls. I wish I could be a little fly on the wall to watch all the happy times!!
*whisper*. have you told your granddaughter the baby's name is Little Wolf? Lol it's a good masculine name.

Location hidden

#94771 Dec 10, 2013
try cinnamon wrote:
<quoted text>Try cinnamon capsules, one capsule with every meal for diabetes. You won't be sorry.

(cinnamon, garlic, vinegar, cayenne pepper,*5,000 IU/day Vitamin D = great immune system)
I swear by cinnamon capsules. My doctor was amazed when I lowered my A1c number to 5.1 with that being the only change
1st amendment

Frankfort, IL

#94772 Dec 10, 2013
Jesse Venterua wrote:
Does anyone watch him ,Conspiracy Theories, he showed a weapon the Gov. has that uses sound waves to kill anything, They can bring down planes, buildings, anything, make earthquakes, I believe that's what it is , they are testing it on birds, fish etc.. before people. There's NO other explanation for it,I think he said another country, maybe Russia, I forget for sure,has it to.
project HAARP!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min DITCH MITCH 151,120
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Curious 130,472
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 16 min Kane 1,294
hot girl a the funeral home 7 hr wow 7
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 12 hr Tell it 9
Calvary Christian start date? (Jul '13) 12 hr PARENT 15
To the people cutting catalytic converters... 13 hr Junk man 10
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs