Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
79,481 - 79,500 of 81,562 Comments Last updated Yesterday
KyBrownEyes

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Good morning fine people.

I hope and trust everyonehad a great Thanksgiving. Pleased to say that I enjoyed my families gatherings. The Lord allowed me to see another holiday. I'm looking forward to Christmas.
My children get me excited. I love watching their eyes twinkling with utter joy and anticipation.
Here I am with good coffee, great cigarette ....my breakfast....waiiting for a much desired school closing. I would keep my children hone with me every day. I don't like them having to leave me five days a week.
My oldest, gorgeous, daughter is six months shy of graduating, college bound. Says she's going to be a doctor. Amazing! So proud of her. She's so smart. They all are. Wish my mom and dad could see their living legacy in these children. I know they would have been giddy with proudness.

AW...I have you in my prayers for upcoming medical procedures. I know the Lord knows all...so when I mention "AW" He knows exactly whom I praying for.

Sorry to Pete for the loss of your friend. Seems you two had wonderful times together.

Wow! Already 6....time for the house to come alive. Cereal bowls clanking. Giggles in the air. Hubby drinking a cup of Joe.

Blessings to all. Hellos to Anne and Misty....
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Good morning to all! Just looked out the window and , wow!, its nasty out there!
AW, my dad was a Chevy man to the end but my better half is Fords all the way! They had a lot of fun arguing back and forth for many many years! My daughter mentioned upsetting her dad by buying her first Chevy last fall, he took it well though, just nodding his head and saying, "it's a nice looking car."
Those comparisons of famous people. That could be why there were Elvis sightings for years and years! Also sightings of JFK in a wheelchair!

Pete,hmmmm, okay, you have a wonderful day, Mr. Pete from the desert! That's cool! You and qwerty and those monkey bars.
Misty, this is nasty weather and Partner is out there so I'll keep him in my prayers.
MissE, a special good morning to you and please be careful on that ice in those shoes! Lol
KyBE.. Glad you stopped by this morning to have a cup of coffee with us! You mentioned breakfast and so I'd better head down the stairs to get out my bowl of cereal--may be hot cereal today!
Imposter:???
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Helter pete wrote:
Anne
Go find a good bat guano cave, get some and put it around those trees, the high phosphorous will help bring them out of the stunt.
If you have a well, and have a water conditioner or softener, and use that water on plants, you are salting the ground. Salted ground is very bad for growing things.
Outside Huntsville Alabama is a large bat cave. At a certain time every day many many thousands of bats leave the cave for feeding. Cars were parked up on the shoulder of the road and people would walk down the trail to the cave opening to watch the bats leave en masse for feeding. Awesome .Wave after wave of bats would emerge from that cave! Bat guano was falling from the sky and several people actually used umbrellas. With good reason too as you would have quite a bit in you hair and on your clothes! I'm really glad I had the chance to see that but don't care to relive the experience of a bat guano shower. Lol
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Helter pete wrote:
See you guys later, I'm Helter pete.... from the desert. http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Hey, Pete! I never get to watch any of the youtube things you -/or imposter- post as they are never for iPhones - just for regular computers.:-(
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

@ Helter Pete, I send my condolences. Lost my beloved at two years ago at 55 years old, stroked in the waiting room after sitting for several hours with a severe headache. She was two weeks from celebrating being smoke free for a year. Those good memories keep a fire in my head and heart. Wish you well.
@ Anne, there should be an application to install youtube on your cell. The Android phone gives one a lot of preinstalled or option to install applications like youtube;) Santa needs to get you a tablet;) hehehe
@ KyBrEyes, woman though art Blessed. I can hear the laughter of your children and the love from your happy home. Your words speak volumes. Happy Holidays to you and yours:)
@ AW, be careful of all this rain. I don't know if you have good drainage on your quarter; I know, you're always feeding the chickens, taking dog for his visits, bringing in wood and constantly busy which is goodness to the soul and provides excellent exercise.
@ Nope,Abeliever,Roaming,OJG ~ Holidays Blessings to you! Peace,Love,Happiness.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

@ Ms. Font, you go girl in those sexy slippers. Happy, red hot Holidays to you. Santa needs to bring you a short trench coat;) hehehe.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Before I go two more wonderful peeps, I want to say Happy Holidays and safe day to : those are Quirty and Tollesboro Guy. You guys be blessed:)
Good afternoon.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
@ Ms. Font, you go girl in those sexy slippers. Happy, red hot Holidays to you. Santa needs to bring you a short trench coat;) hehehe.
Thanks ! I might be on Santa's Naughty list

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Fleetwood Cadillac did not have the imitation wooden panels. The Chevy "FleetMaster" with a 6 cylinder engine of the late 40s and early 50s did and it was fondly known as a "Woody". Some of the later "Waltons" programs featured that old chevy as the family car.
Ford Country Squire wagons were a few years later around 1959 up until the late 60s and featured a V8 engine. Ford predated Chevy with the V8 by about 6 years with the flat head around 1949-50. Chevy never had a V8 until 1955 but the most popular was the 1957 with a 289 cubic inch V8 engine.... One sweet car.
I suppose you enjoyed your stiff "toast" to Jennie and UNA was not around to give you grief over it. Did you toast UNA? I did.
Sir.. Ford came out with a Flat head V8 in 1932.. 85 HP.. John Dillinger and Clyde Barrow and Bonny Parker loved them.. Faster and more agil then Most Law Inforcement Cars..
Helter pete

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Pete! I never get to watch any of the youtube things you -/or imposter- post as they are never for iPhones - just for regular computers.:-(
It was a cowboy song. I like to listen to it and remember riding hard on the dusty trail, ah the peripheral blur of red rocks and cacti.
And the desert heat, I miss the heat more than anything right now. LOL
Giddaup, and I'm off, two pistols come out pow pow pow pow pow ye-high.
Helter pete

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Imposter?

I'm Helter pete, from the desert. How can you people live in this cold place? Talk about cooler than a welldigger's backside.bRRRR
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

tire iron wrote:
<quoted text>Sir.. Ford came out with a Flat head V8 in 1932.. 85 HP.. John Dillinger and Clyde Barrow and Bonny Parker loved them.. Faster and more agil then Most Law Inforcement Cars..
You are absolutely correct. I suppose I was remembering the first one I saw from the late 40s when I typed that post.
sano yumyum time

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

85 hp?
huh
today some cars today come out of the factory with over 600 hp
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

@misty.. Just realized that there really is a good little bunch of us on this thread. Mississippi man, Tollesboro guy. Used to be imposter. Nope and roaming never show anymore:-(
OJG --hopes she gets the computer back on track.
I'm a newcomer but this Pete sure stepped in and seems content here. Isn't that nice!! I'm not a desert fan but I do like warm climes. We lived in high desert in the Rockies (NOT a warm climate ). And I lived 3 months in Mohave valley. A HOT area!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

I'm here! Just sat down about an hour or so ago for some more coffee and thought I'd pop in for a spell. I'm catching up in the threads right now and just got here, LOL!!! It's been quite a while!! Hope everyone has been well!!!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

I have to go for now, but will stop in later this afternoon or early evening. Hope to chat with everyone later on!!

_-_Nope_-_
(POOF)
i know

Burkesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

You know why Birds fly south.Its just to far to walk.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

i know wrote:
You know why Birds fly south.Its just to far to walk.
Ah Hum..!(they need to put more categories on the judging list, maybe some that's more descriptive, shall we say???...!!!)
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

@ Wolf.....I think you said you were gonna have a stint put into one of your arteries. If I may politely say, in 1997 they put one in me while on vacation out in Cal. visiting my brother on the Tajon (Tay-hone) Ranch. Needless to say, it was a total surprise "BUT"....it all went just perfect even back then so I'm wishing you well. The only trick was getting the strength back again. The very best to you.

Now, really the bad thing was that the ranch had planned one huge picnic, Bar-B-Q and an 8 - 10 piece band that I was to join that evening. Part white and part Latin.....that would have been a jolt but I missed it. One of my nephews handled the shin-dig and they carried on without me!(A-a-a-a, but I had a very good nurse.)

We have about 1 1/2" of sleet/ice now (3:08 PM Fri.) with a 28 degree temp..But I don't carry wood and I have no dog to water trees! All Right!!
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2013

Judged:

Look at our two good buddies!! Glad you are still around!! It's getting to be the Christmas season and I hope all of us join together for a wonderful season of celebration and visiting! A little of this and a little of that! It's all good!!!
Also, what else is there to do in this cold nasty weather. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

116 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 3 min Telly 8
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min wtf 147,058
New club in Barbourville? 24 min Angel 8
Please Ladies answer this question for me 28 min Justgottaknow863 1
1 Blessing From God 31 min TOASTup 16
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 35 min AAA 129,002
Jesse has problem 44 min Camocovers 1
john sowders 8 hr stephanie 4
•••