Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Helter pete

London, KY

#94603 Dec 5, 2013
The fleetwood had side panels. You dont drive no country squire missE, you're a Cadillac girl. A red Cadillac, anything less would be entirely absurd my dear.
Been in a funk lately.
My buddy died Monday all by herself in a hospital room in Cincy, no more riverboat rides for her. She was a good one and that's a fact. She was a classy lady, a good looking lady with an electric personality. I'll miss her terribly. I reckon she left me a car and some money, wouldn't you know it? Just like her, I wish we could have rode the Mississippi together one more time. Can I go get a car when I couldn't find the time to get my sorry butt up there to see her? Bugger it all.
By Jennie.
:(
Gotta go have a stout drink now, Goodnight.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94604 Dec 5, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
The fleetwood had side panels. You dont drive no country squire missE, you're a Cadillac girl. A red Cadillac, anything less would be entirely absurd my dear.
Been in a funk lately.
My buddy died Monday all by herself in a hospital room in Cincy, no more riverboat rides for her. She was a good one and that's a fact. She was a classy lady, a good looking lady with an electric personality. I'll miss her terribly. I reckon she left me a car and some money, wouldn't you know it? Just like her, I wish we could have rode the Mississippi together one more time. Can I go get a car when I couldn't find the time to get my sorry butt up there to see her? Bugger it all.
By Jennie.
Sorry for your loss.
qwerty

Butler, KY

#94605 Dec 5, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
Been in a funk lately.
By Jennie.
Hang in there. Will have a stout one along with you.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94606 Dec 5, 2013
I was looking at 74 side-by-side photos of famous look-alikes. Amazing how much similar is Tommy Lee Jones to former President Andrew Johnson. And if you put a steel pot army helmet on Donald Trump, he could pass for General George S. Patton. Some interesting comparisons.
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#94607 Dec 5, 2013
Good evening everyone.
Helter Pete (?) sorry about the loss of your friend. Sounds like you two were pretty close.

Thanks for all the input on deer damage prevention. I've even used human hair from the beauty shop to help repel them . Some swear by that but I don't hang around to watch. Now, the sodium from the tap water.. Possibility! I only water during dry weather.. But even that may be stunting the growth
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94608 Dec 6, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the panel sided Country Squire station wagon of shoes?
That was the other thing that was known as a "woody" LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94609 Dec 6, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
Been in a funk lately.
By Jennie.
Actually, the Fleetwood Cadillac did not have the imitation wooden panels. The Chevy "FleetMaster" with a 6 cylinder engine of the late 40s and early 50s did and it was fondly known as a "Woody". Some of the later "Waltons" programs featured that old chevy as the family car.

Ford Country Squire wagons were a few years later around 1959 up until the late 60s and featured a V8 engine. Ford predated Chevy with the V8 by about 6 years with the flat head around 1949-50. Chevy never had a V8 until 1955 but the most popular was the 1957 with a 289 cubic inch V8 engine.... One sweet car.

I suppose you enjoyed your stiff "toast" to Jennie and UNA was not around to give you grief over it. Did you toast UNA? I did.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94610 Dec 6, 2013
Mea Culpa.. The Ford V8 was fist introduced in 1932 but it was the flathead that predated the Chevy V8 by about 6 years. I suppose that is why when you see the old black and white movies the cop cars were generally the Fords with the V8 engines.

Bonnie and Clyde gained much of their notoriety for Clyde Barrow's penchant for stealing the Fords that could go faster and further than the poorly equipped and poorly armed local law enforcement. It was reported that Clyde would drive as much as 500 miles a night and that even on the 2 lanes roads.

I finally got Dog to venture out to the tree in the rain. LOL Now for more zzzzzzzzs.
KyBrownEyes

Tampa, FL

#94611 Dec 6, 2013
Good morning fine people.

I hope and trust everyonehad a great Thanksgiving. Pleased to say that I enjoyed my families gatherings. The Lord allowed me to see another holiday. I'm looking forward to Christmas.
My children get me excited. I love watching their eyes twinkling with utter joy and anticipation.
Here I am with good coffee, great cigarette ....my breakfast....waiiting for a much desired school closing. I would keep my children hone with me every day. I don't like them having to leave me five days a week.
My oldest, gorgeous, daughter is six months shy of graduating, college bound. Says she's going to be a doctor. Amazing! So proud of her. She's so smart. They all are. Wish my mom and dad could see their living legacy in these children. I know they would have been giddy with proudness.

AW...I have you in my prayers for upcoming medical procedures. I know the Lord knows all...so when I mention "AW" He knows exactly whom I praying for.

Sorry to Pete for the loss of your friend. Seems you two had wonderful times together.

Wow! Already 6....time for the house to come alive. Cereal bowls clanking. Giggles in the air. Hubby drinking a cup of Joe.

Blessings to all. Hellos to Anne and Misty....
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#94612 Dec 6, 2013
Good morning to all! Just looked out the window and , wow!, its nasty out there!
AW, my dad was a Chevy man to the end but my better half is Fords all the way! They had a lot of fun arguing back and forth for many many years! My daughter mentioned upsetting her dad by buying her first Chevy last fall, he took it well though, just nodding his head and saying, "it's a nice looking car."
Those comparisons of famous people. That could be why there were Elvis sightings for years and years! Also sightings of JFK in a wheelchair!

Pete,hmmmm, okay, you have a wonderful day, Mr. Pete from the desert! That's cool! You and qwerty and those monkey bars.
Misty, this is nasty weather and Partner is out there so I'll keep him in my prayers.
MissE, a special good morning to you and please be careful on that ice in those shoes! Lol
KyBE.. Glad you stopped by this morning to have a cup of coffee with us! You mentioned breakfast and so I'd better head down the stairs to get out my bowl of cereal--may be hot cereal today!
Imposter:???
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#94613 Dec 6, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
Anne
Go find a good bat guano cave, get some and put it around those trees, the high phosphorous will help bring them out of the stunt.
If you have a well, and have a water conditioner or softener, and use that water on plants, you are salting the ground. Salted ground is very bad for growing things.
Outside Huntsville Alabama is a large bat cave. At a certain time every day many many thousands of bats leave the cave for feeding. Cars were parked up on the shoulder of the road and people would walk down the trail to the cave opening to watch the bats leave en masse for feeding. Awesome .Wave after wave of bats would emerge from that cave! Bat guano was falling from the sky and several people actually used umbrellas. With good reason too as you would have quite a bit in you hair and on your clothes! I'm really glad I had the chance to see that but don't care to relive the experience of a bat guano shower. Lol
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#94614 Dec 6, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
See you guys later, I'm Helter pete.... from the desert. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =66pE67m_Hf4XX

Hey, Pete! I never get to watch any of the youtube things you -/or imposter- post as they are never for iPhones - just for regular computers.:-(
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94616 Dec 6, 2013
@ Helter Pete, I send my condolences. Lost my beloved at two years ago at 55 years old, stroked in the waiting room after sitting for several hours with a severe headache. She was two weeks from celebrating being smoke free for a year. Those good memories keep a fire in my head and heart. Wish you well.
@ Anne, there should be an application to install youtube on your cell. The Android phone gives one a lot of preinstalled or option to install applications like youtube;) Santa needs to get you a tablet;) hehehe
@ KyBrEyes, woman though art Blessed. I can hear the laughter of your children and the love from your happy home. Your words speak volumes. Happy Holidays to you and yours:)
@ AW, be careful of all this rain. I don't know if you have good drainage on your quarter; I know, you're always feeding the chickens, taking dog for his visits, bringing in wood and constantly busy which is goodness to the soul and provides excellent exercise.
@ Nope,Abeliever,Roaming,OJG ~ Holidays Blessings to you! Peace,Love,Happiness.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94617 Dec 6, 2013
@ Ms. Font, you go girl in those sexy slippers. Happy, red hot Holidays to you. Santa needs to bring you a short trench coat;) hehehe.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94618 Dec 6, 2013
Before I go two more wonderful peeps, I want to say Happy Holidays and safe day to : those are Quirty and Tollesboro Guy. You guys be blessed:)
Good afternoon.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94619 Dec 6, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
@ Ms. Font, you go girl in those sexy slippers. Happy, red hot Holidays to you. Santa needs to bring you a short trench coat;) hehehe.
Thanks ! I might be on Santa's Naughty list

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#94620 Dec 6, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Fleetwood Cadillac did not have the imitation wooden panels. The Chevy "FleetMaster" with a 6 cylinder engine of the late 40s and early 50s did and it was fondly known as a "Woody". Some of the later "Waltons" programs featured that old chevy as the family car.
Ford Country Squire wagons were a few years later around 1959 up until the late 60s and featured a V8 engine. Ford predated Chevy with the V8 by about 6 years with the flat head around 1949-50. Chevy never had a V8 until 1955 but the most popular was the 1957 with a 289 cubic inch V8 engine.... One sweet car.
I suppose you enjoyed your stiff "toast" to Jennie and UNA was not around to give you grief over it. Did you toast UNA? I did.
Sir.. Ford came out with a Flat head V8 in 1932.. 85 HP.. John Dillinger and Clyde Barrow and Bonny Parker loved them.. Faster and more agil then Most Law Inforcement Cars..
Helter pete

London, KY

#94622 Dec 6, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Pete! I never get to watch any of the youtube things you -/or imposter- post as they are never for iPhones - just for regular computers.:-(
It was a cowboy song. I like to listen to it and remember riding hard on the dusty trail, ah the peripheral blur of red rocks and cacti.
And the desert heat, I miss the heat more than anything right now. LOL
Giddaup, and I'm off, two pistols come out pow pow pow pow pow ye-high.
Helter pete

London, KY

#94623 Dec 6, 2013
Imposter?

I'm Helter pete, from the desert. How can you people live in this cold place? Talk about cooler than a welldigger's backside.bRRRR
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94624 Dec 6, 2013
tire iron wrote:
<quoted text>Sir.. Ford came out with a Flat head V8 in 1932.. 85 HP.. John Dillinger and Clyde Barrow and Bonny Parker loved them.. Faster and more agil then Most Law Inforcement Cars..
You are absolutely correct. I suppose I was remembering the first one I saw from the late 40s when I typed that post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where the heck is brandon brayson? (Apr '11) 16 min truth 7
jason hughes 18 min whoa 12
Linda Darlene Doolin (Jan '09) 34 min barberette5657 3
teena Marie mills 53 min infoman 7
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 1 hr Darren 226
food stamp office 1 hr Darren 16
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr stray-cat 132,163
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 2 hr Just a fact 22
praying it's all a lie 22 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52