Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94324 Nov 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I got one! I got one!! I got a sign that says "Due to the high price of ammo, there will be no warning shot".
The sad part is, ammo IS too expensive to fire warning shots! I love to shoot, but the ruling entity that is our government found a way around gun control, didn't they? They seen that we the people would not stand for disarmament, so they jacket up the price of ammo so high that we cant train properly. I seen a 500 round box of .22 LR the other day priced at $65! Ridiculous.
I found a way around that Anne girl, reload your own ammo. Hard cast bullets penetrate better anyways.
If you haven't shot your primary defensive weapon in six weeks or more, chances are you're ineffective with that weapon. Like MM said, we need to train until it becomes muscle memory, like a reflex. It is sad that we live in a time when that is necessary, but we do. Train train train, its fun too! I can take the wings off a gnat at 100 yards with my old 30-30 its a dollar a shot a wally world, I reload them for about .35 cents a pop which is still too high.
Goodnight all.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94325 Nov 26, 2013
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee one thing, if they get hit with a 22, it will alter their motivation.
I can tell you from experience, a .22 will set you down man. I took one in the shoulder back in my twenties, not fun, not fun at all. Point a .22 at me and say "give me your money" and I'll fork it over fast LOL.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94326 Nov 26, 2013
@ MM spellcheck comes installed on windows 7.
You can get a free download from Microsoft if your machine is compatible, and 99% of them are.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94327 Nov 26, 2013
OK goodnight for realz.

Click TM-R(all rights reserved)
qwerty

Butler, KY

#94328 Nov 26, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell you from experience, a .22 will set you down man. I took one in the shoulder back in my twenties, not fun, not fun at all. Point a .22 at me and say "give me your money" and I'll fork it over fast LOL.

Exactly! A 22 is gonna do a lot more than sting.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#94329 Nov 26, 2013
@Imposter.. I am sure you know that a 22 short does not pack much punch, but a Long Rifle or Hollow Point will do plenty of damage. My revolver is a long barrel Western Style Harrison-Richardson. I was watching Hoss Cartwright take his gun belt off the hall tree and decided to hang mine on a wooden peg drilled into the old barn lumber wall next to my recliner. LOL

My 7.62 by 39 is a light weight Egyptian clone of the imfamous Russian version. The 20 guage is a bolt action with a poly-choke. I can raise quite a bit of H E double toothpicks with any one of them. LOL And I would rather be tried by a jury of 12 than packed away by 6 necktie wearers.

German Shepherd went out to the tree and decided to stay and investigate for varmits of either 2 or 4 legs, and found none. I really would not want to be a stranger walking up to my door. For some reason, even the Jehovah Witness people have lost faith and don't come around anymore. hehehe
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#94330 Nov 26, 2013
@KyBrownEyes.. here is another old song that I over looked.. The Master's Bouquet.. I believe that was recorded by Kitty Wells.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94331 Nov 27, 2013
Yes, AW, Kitty Wells performed "Gathering Flowers..." around '47 or '49. Hank Williams did back up if I recall. She was the original performer, and Ralph Stanley made this nostalgic wonder popular in the bluegrass genre. One of my favorites is "Rank Stranger."
KyBrownEyes

Tampa, FL

#94333 Nov 27, 2013
Good morning peoples!

Wow, chilly this morning! Got hubby up for work. Kiddies are all snug in their beds. Hubby and I shared quiet time with coffee, hot cinnamon rolls, Bacon and a log on the fire with a "little prayer wheel turning" before hubby had to hit the cold road.

AW... page 6 was the only song I couldn't place. However, I know all the others very well. Dad was a minister of a little white, country church. Traditional hymns were the choice of the congregation. I started playing piano, by ear,(and yes, kinda difficult getting my head in perfect position to do such a task ;)) so, all the old hymns are my "comfort zone" and I can play these with very little thought.

Misty...Rank Stranger...now, there's an oldies but goodie.

Do y'all remember, "The Ninety and Nine" ?

We watched Rudolph last night. The skiff of snow on the ground added to the exhuberant glee of the kiddies. I just soaked in their excitement for holidays and pushed all the internal gloom behind me.

Lots of preparations today for dinnerS tomorrow. I have visions of my sweet mama with her "old faithful" apron on flitting around the kitchen getting her masterpieces concocted. Oh my, she was a true southern lady and could "throw down" in the kitchen. Her dumplings were delectable! I remember my brother bringing in young groundhogs, rabbit, squirrel...mama making it with a rich gravy and biscuits of hot, homemade biscuits.

I wish all you peeps a beautiful, wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving.

BTW...AW? will "dog" get a bone?(Love AC/DC Jam...GIVING THE DOG A BONE!)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#94334 Nov 27, 2013
@KyBrownEyes.. Yes I remember the Ninety and Nine, also the portrait with the Good Shepherd and the flock with HIM holding the one lost lamb.

Page 6 Lyrics,
verse 1.
How sweet and happy seem
Those days of which I dream
When memories call them now and then
and with what rapture sweet
my weary heart would beat,
If I could hear my mother pray again.

Verse 2.
She used to pray that I
on Jesus would rely
and always walk the shining gospel way
So trusting still his love
I seek that home above
Where I shall meet my mother some glad day

Verse 3.
Within the old homeplace
her patient smiling face
was always spreading comfort, hope, and cheer
and when she used to sing
to her Eternal King
It was the songs the angels loved to hear

Verse 4.
Her work on earth is done
the life crown has been won
and she will be at rest with Him above
and some glad morning she
I know will welcome me
to that eternal home of peace and love

Chorus:
If I could only hear
My Mother pray again
if I could onlu hear her tender voice as then
So happy I would be
Twould mean so much to me
If I could hear my mother pray again
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#94335 Nov 27, 2013
and now for a classic funny from 1953
Google from Youtube..
Andy Griffieth's stand up comedy that propelled him to National prominence.

"What it was was football".. the best version is the one with pictures from MAD magazine.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94336 Nov 27, 2013
Going old school (dated pre-1850) with one of my favorites for the dulcimer.

Wish I Was A Single Girl Again

When I was single, Lord I dressed so fine
Now that I'm married, Lord, I go ragged all the time
Lord, don't I wish I was a single girl again

Got the dishes to wash and the spring to do to
When you are married, Lord you've got it all to do

I got three little babies lying in the bed
One of them's so weary Lord, he can't raise up his head

Along comes that drunkard and he call them all a bunch of fools
So I wash their little feet and I send them off to school

When I was single, I ate biscuits and pie
Now that I'm married, it's eat cornbreador die

When I was single, marrying was all I craved
Now that I'm married, Lord, I'll go troubled to my grave
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#94337 Nov 27, 2013
Reminds me of:

Mammie's little babies love shortening, shortening
Mammie's little babies love shortening bread
Call for the doctor and the doctor said
"Give them babies some shortening bread"
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#94338 Nov 27, 2013
It is snowing so hard here in Central Kentucky just south of Lexington, that when I went up the hill to feed the chickens and add water to their lighted tub, and get 7 eggs so far today; by the time I came back over the hill my tracks had already disappeared.
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#94339 Nov 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Reminds me of:
Mammie's little babies love shortening, shortening
Mammie's little babies love shortening bread
Call for the doctor and the doctor said
"Give them babies some shortening bread"
Hadn`t heard or thought of this one for years! Just started to sing it and my wife came in to see if it was me! Thanks for the memory!(Bob Hope)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94340 Nov 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
It is snowing so hard here in Central Kentucky just south of Lexington, that when I went up the hill to feed the chickens and add water to their lighted tub, and get 7 eggs so far today; by the time I came back over the hill my tracks had already disappeared.
I'm on the other side of Lexington. It's sunny with a nice blanket of snow . Beautiful.
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#94341 Nov 27, 2013
Here in Shelbyville , Ky. the streets are all clear but our yards are white with the snow. The wind is very cold.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94342 Nov 27, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on the other side of Lexington. It's sunny with a nice blanket of snow . Beautiful.
What are you doing for Thanksgiving Nanny? Want to come eat with me? I have a spare bedroom....with a fireplace... and a door adjacent to mine. ;)
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94343 Nov 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Imposter.. I am sure you know that a 22 short does not pack much punch, but a Long Rifle or Hollow Point will do plenty of damage. My revolver is a long barrel Western Style Harrison-Richardson. I was watching Hoss Cartwright take his gun belt off the hall tree and decided to hang mine on a wooden peg drilled into the old barn lumber wall next to my recliner. LOL
My 7.62 by 39 is a light weight Egyptian clone of the imfamous Russian version. The 20 guage is a bolt action with a poly-choke. I can raise quite a bit of H E double toothpicks with any one of them. LOL And I would rather be tried by a jury of 12 than packed away by 6 necktie wearers.
German Shepherd went out to the tree and decided to stay and investigate for varmits of either 2 or 4 legs, and found none. I really would not want to be a stranger walking up to my door. For some reason, even the Jehovah Witness people have lost faith and don't come around anymore. hehehe
No a .22 short dont travel very fast but a distant relative of mine was killed by six rounds from a .22 short, one of those old 25 buck Saturday night special pistols, it was before my time but I've been told he was in a tussle over a woman, won the fistfight but the other guy went to his car and got a little snub nose .22 short and emptied it into him. He died about six days later.
I took a .22 lr in my left shoulder many many years ago, they dug it out but the wound still huts when its cold, like it is now.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94344 Nov 27, 2013
Eh, that's just life on copperhead road I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who 2 min nasty 3
Kristi f/?????? 5 min nasty 2
Rowdy Roddy Piper Dead at 61 32 min Jack 2
Tony Mills and his women 42 min Just wait 31
Guy in gray dodge truck 1 hr Jim 2
town 1 hr Acting stupid 2
Anybody know David Allen smith? (Jul '13) 1 hr iammea 128
Drug Dealers 2 hr Browns 11
sugars daddies 10 hr s party 24
More from around the web