Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
79,141 - 79,160 of 81,560 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

One more thing about music,(no,..two) I can't handle rap or zydico!! But "back in the days" I guess I played in most of the joints/clubs in Memphis with anything from Hank Williams to Little Richard. But not so long ago I accidentally stumbled on American Indian Relaxation/Peaceful music. I'll tell ya, the sound of their pan flutes and mystic background music/voices is so very LAID-BACK! I've got about 20 of their sounds saved on my favorites list on this thing......just click and lay back. Hey Anne, you'd like this while stretched out in your back yard at night with the galaxy overhead.
Dexter

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>If one considers God atemporal then the question becomes: is he merely aware of what has, is and will happen or a determining factor in such? Was Earth set in motion and left to spin out on its own, or does it need another spin every so often?
If free will is our downfall? Why do we have it? He had to know some would chose to fall, chose to kill, steal, inflict suffering on others. Why?
The man with leukemia lived a near perfect life, helped others, loved his neighbor, worked hard, why was he struck down at 40 unwed and childless?
The point of considering these things is indeed poot.
It hurts my head to think about things like that too much Nanny.
The sun is out, the birds still hanging around are chirping, I think I'll go hiking this evening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I know it's hard to dee the good die young while the worthless seem to out live everyone,(especially the town drunk. I lost a good freind to lung cancer in his 30's. It cut me to my soul. Meanwhile the most corrupt and crooked carpet-baggers live to be 80 years old. The bible tells ud that God Maketh the rain to fall EQUALLY both on the heads of the good AND the evil.

Today, it seems that the rains of misfoutune fall only upon the heads of the good, while the evil bask in the sunshine continually.

One possible answer is that we may be angels being tested after Lucifer's origional sin against God. What that sin was remains a mystery.

However, we are left asking, "Where does the rain actually fall.

As you can tell, I'm struggling to hang onto any faith at all.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

Mississippi Man wrote:
One more thing about music,(no,..two) I can't handle rap or zydico!! But "back in the days" I guess I played in most of the joints/clubs in Memphis with anything from Hank Williams to Little Richard. But not so long ago I accidentally stumbled on American Indian Relaxation/Peaceful music. I'll tell ya, the sound of their pan flutes and mystic background music/voices is so very LAID-BACK! I've got about 20 of their sounds saved on my favorites list on this thing......just click and lay back. Hey Anne, you'd like this while stretched out in your back yard at night with the galaxy overhead.
The beautiful haunting sounds of the pan flute...a person could just float away with that! I think Id turn the volume to where I could barely hear it, as if the sound were coming to me from another camp, snuggle into the blankets under millions of stars or under a bright moon illuminating the hillside and water.
It would be wonderful to be able play music like you. I can play two things: the radio and my nose- I can either pick it or blow it.
Good Morning everyone
Anne

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

You're so right , Mississippi Man, about 2 things. Rap music?:-(
And the Indian relaxation pan flute music.:-)
In my mind I can hear the pan flute wafting through the mountains. How pleasant!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

Dexter wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's hard to dee the good die young while the worthless seem to out live everyone,(especially the town drunk. I lost a good freind to lung cancer in his 30's. It cut me to my soul. Meanwhile the most corrupt and crooked carpet-baggers live to be 80 years old. The bible tells ud that God Maketh the rain to fall EQUALLY both on the heads of the good AND the evil.
Today, it seems that the rains of misfoutune fall only upon the heads of the good, while the evil bask in the sunshine continually.
One possible answer is that we may be angels being tested after Lucifer's origional sin against God. What that sin was remains a mystery.
However, we are left asking, "Where does the rain actually fall.
As you can tell, I'm struggling to hang onto any faith at all.
Suggest the following old song written by an itenerant preacher in 1911 who had spent all his money to board a train to go bring the Gospel to the Indian Nations. He would have preferred to stay home with his wife that was giving birth to their first child. While aboard the train, he was having a "pity party" as to why the bad people sometimes did as well or better than the good and would the Indians even understand him or care and was it just a waste of effort. A fellow passenger saw what he had written and gave him $2 for the lyrics and some years later his son published the lyrics along with accompanying music and it has become an old Gospel Standard even recorded by Elvis and many others.

"Tempted and tried, we are oft made to wonder. Why it should be thus all the day long? While there are others, living about us. Never molested, though in the wrong.

Farther Along, we will know all about it. Farther Along, we will understand why. Cheer up my Brother, live in the sunshine. We'll understand it, all by and by".
Whatever

Frenchburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Where did you see that birds were found dead in western Kentucky? I'm not finding that story anywhere.
Then

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Think it was a while back down in far west ky
Bobby

Monterey, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

It was a long time ago, cant believe this post is still up
Whoa

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

Solver wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we have a record number of people asking/demanding what their country can/better do for them.
That is an unfortunate growing trend.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
It was a long time ago, cant believe this post is still up
Well "Bobby" Get Over It. We use it for local and "semi-local" news and knowledge from the wise one,,,AW!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Well "Bobby" Get Over It. We use it for local and "semi-local" news and knowledge from the wise one,,,AW!

You got that right!! Lol a bit if this and a bit of that. A good mix! Then all that knowledge we have had the opportunity to read from our own AW.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>You got that right!! Lol a bit if this and a bit of that. A good mix! Then all that knowledge we have had the opportunity to read from our own AW.
Reading this thread is like a mystery grab bag. It could be history, gardening, aches and pains or the advantages to owning a blow-up doll, but it's always entertaining !
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

WIT2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The beautiful haunting sounds of the pan flute...a person could just float away with that! I think Id turn the volume to where I could barely hear it, as if the sound were coming to me from another camp, snuggle into the blankets under millions of stars or under a bright moon illuminating the hillside and water.
It would be wonderful to be able play music like you. I can play two things: the radio and my nose- I can either pick it or blow it.
Good Morning everyone
Hey now,....your first line right above describes the sound of this music a lot better than I did, thank you WIT2. About playing music, my desire has settled down to a mild roar. It seemed like around about midnight I'd reach a natural high. If we didn't do one more, I'd lose it. But if we did do one more, I'd lose it anyway. No way to win so I just backed off and play here at the ole casa with several others once in a while. "Quote": Don't think twice, it's alright."
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

@ WIT2.........you know.....whichever gender you are, after reading your post five or six times something ran right across my grave! It is so sentimental, emotional, sensual, warm.........ever thought of writing a song?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

I forgot to turn the light on over the chicken waterer last night, so I suppose they have ice for breakfast. I will make amends with some warm water and some green beans for a treat to garnish their scratch grains. Then come get dressed and go to church and maybe the chickens will learn how to forgive also.
KyBrownEyes

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Suggest the following old song written by an itenerant preacher in 1911 who had spent all his money to board a train to go bring the Gospel to the Indian Nations. He would have preferred to stay home with his wife that was giving birth to their first child. While aboard the train, he was having a "pity party" as to why the bad people sometimes did as well or better than the good and would the Indians even understand him or care and was it just a waste of effort. A fellow passenger saw what he had written and gave him $2 for the lyrics and some years later his son published the lyrics along with accompanying music and it has become an old Gospel Standard even recorded by Elvis and many others.
"Tempted and tried, we are oft made to wonder. Why it should be thus all the day long? While there are others, living about us. Never molested, though in the wrong.
Farther Along, we will know all about it. Farther Along, we will understand why. Cheer up my Brother, live in the sunshine. We'll understand it, all by and by".
Good morning all.

Farther Along. Thank you AW for bringing the story of such a humble, honest song. Reading the lyrics made my heart dip a little yet put a smile on my face. The dip comes from all the memories of watching, hearing, studying my dad, a minister, play his guitar and sing this very song.
I'm struggling with the time of the year. I know I have to go on because my children are exploding with excitement, joy and anticipation if the holidays. I, on the other hand, wish I could lay in bed covered with my blanket, drowning in my tears, sorrow, and the long ago memories of all my family gathered together. I'm thankful God has given me a loving man, three beautiful children. Most thankful. But, I sure would love to have my mom, dad, sis, brothers in my circle one more time. I thought as years pass, that I would manage the hollow feeling in my heart more easily. I feel Ive worsen.
Sorry for the ramblings. Didn't know my heart and mind was in that mode this morning.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I forgot to turn the light on over the chicken waterer last night, so I suppose they have ice for breakfast. I will make amends with some warm water and some green beans for a treat to garnish their scratch grains. Then come get dressed and go to church and maybe the chickens will learn how to forgive also.
My chickens! My chickens!! I need to do something about their water. Should I get a heated waterer or what type of light bulb do you use? A heat lamp? I could put a heat lamp on a timer? My little flock is fairly close to electric so a long outdoor extension would work. I MUST take care of that today.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

KyBrownEyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning all.
Farther Along. Thank you AW for bringing the story of such a humble, honest song. Reading the lyrics made my heart dip a little yet put a smile on my face. The dip comes from all the memories of watching, hearing, studying my dad, a minister, play his guitar and sing this very song.
I'm struggling with the time of the year. I know I have to go on because my children are exploding with excitement, joy and anticipation if the holidays. I, on the other hand, wish I could lay in bed covered with my blanket, drowning in my tears, sorrow, and the long ago memories of all my family gathered together. I'm thankful God has given me a loving man, three beautiful children. Most thankful. But, I sure would love to have my mom, dad, sis, brothers in my circle one more time. I thought as years pass, that I would manage the hollow feeling in my heart more easily. I feel Ive worsen.
Sorry for the ramblings. Didn't know my heart and mind was in that mode this morning.
I am glad that song offered you some comfort even with the pain of the hollow feeling. This season could also drag me down if I allow it. Primarily because this season brings memories of the long term wife's health issues that began 10 years ago and she passed during the same time frame 8 years ago. As I near the end of this trail of life of my own, here is another old Gospel Standard that is dear to my heart and comforts me and is no doubt another that your father sang. I particularly like the Elvis version of this and Mahalia Jackson is awesome on it as well. Both can be heard via YouTube:

"Precious Lord, Take my Hand.. Lead me on, let me stand. I am tired, I am weak, I am worn. Through the storms, through the night; lead me on to the light. Take my hand Precious LORD, Lead me Home".
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
My chickens! My chickens!! I need to do something about their water. Should I get a heated waterer or what type of light bulb do you use? A heat lamp? I could put a heat lamp on a timer? My little flock is fairly close to electric so a long outdoor extension would work. I MUST take care of that today.
I just have one of those clamp on pan bowl lights (securely tied in palce to keep the chickens from knocking it loose) with a 60 watt bulb suspended around 18 inches above their water. It is in a corner out of the wind and the waterer is the bottom 1/2 of a 5 gallon plastic drywall bucket surrounded by a 2 X 4 frame to keep the bucket in place.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

A lot of churches are dropping the traditional songs from their services. That is so sad. On the other hand My BIL is the minister of music at his church and they informed him they wanted only traditional. It seems to be such a big controversy now. Some churches even offer both types of services on Sunday morning. While Growing up, our little church mixed it up with the old 3 songs (1st,2nd and last verses lol) and a lot of choruses during the "testimony service" . Now those choruses are generally called contemporary songs. But we had the best of both. Seems like the opposite ends of the spectrum could enhance their services by including both.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Teresa Johnson and Rex 30 min Dang 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 34 min justice_- 128,911
Jason Lee (Oct '13) 37 min PalfromGA 7
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 40 min Jay 146,845
Marlena cox 1 hr Tara 60
Did anyone go to the SOAR listening session? 2 hr Jack 1
Terry Jones 2 hr Man 2
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder Sun sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••