Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81676 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94295 Nov 26, 2013
Oh yeah,...Anne, you mentioned "spell check" on your system. I've got it on e-mail but not on following these forums and wish I did. The Belle and the pro's in town say, nope, can't be done on Comcast or this program. How did you do it?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94297 Nov 26, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Miss E & Brown Eyes.....was glad to hear that others are playing music, kinda wish we could all get together like they did in the past with the corn shuck'ns etc. I guess it's just me but in the last 20 years I've come to realize that music will pick you up or it'll also get you down. Now....'course it matters what type of music a body is playing,....Long Tall Sally or "Blues, Despair, Agony on end..........
I think I'm further east than most of you. The cold, windy rain from Texas has been very annoying in these parts, but no snow! Temp's hit the mid 20's at night and only around 42 during the day. So dreary and overcast but it's supposed to be a shiney day Wednesday. So..."This little light of mine, I'm gonna let.........
I'm near Lexington and today is a cold winters day. I'm thinking it's time to dulcimer to Barbara Allen (folk song)

In Scarlet town where I was born
There was a fair maid dwelling
And every youth cried well away
For her name was Barbara Allen

Twas in the merry month of May
The green buds were a swelling
Sweet William on his deathbed lay
For the love of Barbara Allen

He sent a servant unto her
To the place she was dwelling
Saying you must come to his deathbed now
If your name be Barbara Allen

Slowly slowly she got up
Slowly slowly she came nigh him
And the only words to him she said
Young man I think you're dying

As she was walking oer the fields
She heard the death bell knelling
And every stroke it seemed to say
Hardhearted Barbara Allen

Oh mother mother make my bed
Make it long and make it narrow
Sweet William died for me today
I'll die for him tomorrow

They buried her in the old churchyard
They buried him in the choir
And from his grave grew a red red rose
From her grave a green briar

They grew and grew to the steeple top
Till they could grow no higher
And there they twined in a true love's knot
Red rose around green briar
Yep

United States

#94298 Nov 26, 2013
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
Scary
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94299 Nov 26, 2013
Imposter wrote:
(yawning) This just wont do.
AW, you're so tight you'd poot on a rock to save the grease. Now how old is that one?
Anne, hit the things menu and figure it out for Pete's sake, I know you can do it.
Misty, do you eat fillet miniagn for brunch or what? I cant even spell it LOL. Four bucks for a carton of nature made cackle-berries? You better get you some chickens, dang.
Eh lets see...Qwerty you dirty minded thing, got any good vids today?
Nanny I couldn't help it, feeling mean tonight. You better get them suede boots back on its snowing like crazy out there!
Ha ha, not mean spirited just honest. Yes, I have eaten filet mignon. If it is not overcooked, the meat is juicy. They are small, but thick cut and best removed while juices flow.Collard greens and a bit of bacon on the side. Yummy. As far as those expensive eggs, well Imposter, I could buy cheaper. It's kinda a like a brothel; they all might look good; some seem a little better. Hehehe.It's raining cats and dogs. Meow.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94300 Nov 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> I could not spell it either and anything that hard to spell does not belong in my mouth. LOL I will take my grapes and Ritz crackers with some chicken salad that includes chopped nuts. I might even try that in some tuna salad.
Zesty, garlic pickles are good in albacore tuna;) I put a nice dash of pepper in it as well. Pine nuts would go well I bet. Great idea:)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94302 Nov 26, 2013
@ Miss E., Jean Ritchie performed "Barbry Allen" so beautifully. Another young lady, Wendy Songe, performs "Ashokan Farewell" on the dulcimer. Heavenly music, thanks for reminding me of such wonderful talent and haunting lyrics.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94303 Nov 26, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Ha ha, not mean spirited just honest. Yes, I have eaten filet mignon. If it is not overcooked, the meat is juicy. They are small, but thick cut and best removed while juices flow.Collard greens and a bit of bacon on the side. Yummy. As far as those expensive eggs, well Imposter, I could buy cheaper. It's kinda a like a brothel; they all might look good; some seem a little better. Hehehe.It's raining cats and dogs. Meow.
Ahahaha! I like you more and more every day Misty. I guess you get what you pay for... Lobster bisque for lunch today? I had a bologna sandwich but I did put some fancy table mustard on it.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94304 Nov 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
Imposter! You're stirring the pot, aren't you???
Get down off your high horse before we ....
I dont ride no high horse no more Anne, I ride a low mule, like Festus. I sent that high horse to rehab. I think he's off the pot-joints now, but I'll never trust him again, that red eyed devil threw me one too many times.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94305 Nov 26, 2013
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a strange WTF ditty from back in the day
http://youtu.be/rLQqxfM-90c
LOL Qwerty you've never let me down! Probably never will, I had never heard that one. BVump Bvump Bvumpabump Bertha butt boogie baby! Hey Leroy! Get away from that woman! Ahaha
I cant get it out of my head though!
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94306 Nov 26, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm near Lexington and today is a cold winters day.
Yep, and it looks like a big mess is about to happen tonight. I could sure do without it, gotta travel, no choice.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94307 Nov 26, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Ahahaha! I like you more and more every day Misty. I guess you get what you pay for... Lobster bisque for lunch today? I had a bologna sandwich but I did put some fancy table mustard on it.
Thick cut Oscar mayer fried...Hehehe. Just love lobster tail dipped in clarified butter occasionally. Haven't been on the affordability list the last several months. Just minestrone soup and homemade sourdough;) Happy Thanksgiving, Imposter. Stay warm and as always bless you.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94308 Nov 26, 2013
Thank you Misty, I need all the blessings I can get, I have to go out in a few and drive a pretty good piece to pick up family. I hope I dodge the messy stuff heading this way.

Wolf they're robbing and shooting people left and right down there, maybe you should get the old rifle out and load it up? Maybe put it by the door or bed.

KyBrownEyes

United States

#94309 Nov 26, 2013
Evening good people!

It is a shame Mississippi Man that you are too far away to come for supper and some good music strumming with coffee and pie for desert! You have an invitation to do just that if ya make it up to my neck of the woods.

Aww, Miss E...love that classic folk song, Barbara Allen! My daddy taught me how to sing harmony using this very song . Car rides and singing! Loved it. I always loved the haunting melody and the sad story of Williams love for Barbara.

Yall put smiles on my face and I thank ya! Its nice to hear about the chickens, "dog", one's "better half", the quirky wit of another. Each of you are joys!

Sweet peace and night bliss to all of y'all!
Anne

United States

#94310 Nov 26, 2013
Loved reading all the posts and catching up!! Shoot! If you guys do have a little ole music playin' sing along be sure to let me know and I'll get it fixed real quick to pm me.
Been doing some traveling today. It snowed. Then it sleeted! Then at last , rain. Wonder where my location puts me this time! Lol. We're having a big ole thanksgiving dinner this year. This house the better half is renting reminds me of All in the Family neighborhood. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94311 Nov 26, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Thank you Misty, I need all the blessings I can get, I have to go out in a few and drive a pretty good piece to pick up family. I hope I dodge the messy stuff heading this way.
Wolf they're robbing and shooting people left and right down there, maybe you should get the old rifle out and load it up? Maybe put it by the door or bed.
THe 7.62 by 39 high powered rifle and the 20 guage pump shot gun are loaded and by the door. The 22 revolver is in a holster hanging on a hook right next to my recliner. All I need to do to any of them is flip the safety and fire. And if they get past the German Shepherd, they will in even bigger trouble. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94312 Nov 26, 2013
@KyBrownEyes.. here are a few songs from "Revival Gems"... my grandmother's old faded and dog-eared paper back Hymnal that was used in a meeting held in a barn and dated 1923 and fills my memory even though hardly no one sings them anymore:

Page 6- If I could Hear My Mother Pray Again
Page 7- Farther Along
Page 10- No Tears in Heaven
Page 13-Kneel at The Cross
Page 20-Where We'll Never Grow Old
Page 30-The Lily of the Valley
Page 65-Shake Hands with Mother Again
Page 79-Shall We Gather at the River
Page 129-Whiter than Snow
Page 143-In the Sweet By-and-by
Page 148-The Unclouded Day

Sound familiar?
Anne

United States

#94313 Nov 26, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
Oh yeah,...Anne, you mentioned "spell check" on your system. I've got it on e-mail but not on following these forums and wish I did. The Belle and the pro's in town say, nope, can't be done on Comcast or this program. How did you do it?
Sorry I took so long to find this. Spell check? It was just there. Nothing I did. Could be an iPhone thing as I only post on topix from my phone. Sometimes I go through google to topix and sometimes I go through the topix app. Sorry, I'm rambling. Just tired. And my last post put me in Illinois . Lol. Nope I went east. West Virginia . Lol have a great evening!
Anne

United States

#94315 Nov 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@KyBrownEyes.. here are a few songs from "Revival Gems"... my grandmother's old faded and dog-eared paper back Hymnal that was used in a meeting held in a barn and dated 1923 and fills my memory even though hardly no one sings them anymore:

Page 6- If I could Hear My Mother Pray Again
Page 7- Farther Along
Page 10- No Tears in Heaven
Page 13-Kneel at The Cross
Page 20-Where We'll Never Grow Old
Page 30-The Lily of the Valley
Page 65-Shake Hands with Mother Again
Page 79-Shall We Gather at the River
Page 129-Whiter than Snow
Page 143-In the Sweet By-and-by
Page 148-The Unclouded Day

Sound familiar?
Page 6 and page 65. The only two songs I'm not familiar with.:-(
Especially fond of The Lily of the Valley. Miss singing those songs. Our little church used to sing them all the time.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#94316 Nov 26, 2013
that bitch wrote:
Fu c k them birds and all of u
Yeah girl! Do me first though you btch, forget the birds and everyone else.
I'll send your hateful as$ home sore, walking backwards and in a way better mood. Hahaha
Anne

United States

#94317 Nov 26, 2013
That post above mine! Wow! And your location shows Pleasureville ? What happened ? I hope your night improves and you have a wonderful night! Happy Thanksgiving all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 2 hr Tehee 36
Merrill speaks out, where? 3 hr Juju 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Raji 149,022
Loreana patterson peace 6 hr Not 13
stinking creek 9 hr truth 99
Three liquor stores in bville 10 hr swampfoot 27
Just Wondering!! 14 hr Kayak 4
Jessie J. Mills 19 hr Olive 5

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web