Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,640

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Anne

United States

#94086 Nov 18, 2013
@aw and imposter. You guys let on that you're older than dirt. Lol. I have an aunt that's older than Life itself. Yep, I surely do. She was born in 1933 and Life magazines first edition was November 1935.

Misty, so disappointed in myself. I haven't been rowing on the pond lately.:-(
However last night the moonlight was literally sparkling on the water like thousands of diamonds! Tonight the moon is perfect . A big orange ball! And Venus!! Outstanding!! So brilliant right now!! Last August I spent the night on a camping cot in our driveway (10 foot from
The back door lol) just to be able to get my fill of the meteor showers.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94087 Nov 18, 2013
Anne wrote:
@aw and imposter. You guys let on that you're older than dirt. Lol. I have an aunt that's older than Life itself. Yep, I surely do. She was born in 1933 and Life magazines first edition was November 1935.
I am older than dirt. I was born right smack in the middle of WW2 so I can't even be considered a post war baby boomer. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94088 Nov 18, 2013
I am so old that I remember Preparation A. LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94090 Nov 18, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am so old that I remember Preparation A. LOL
LOL. I bet you remember when you told Moses that one.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94091 Nov 18, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I bet you remember when you told Moses that one.
Yeah, there were originally 15 Commandments but Moses tripped and broke the 3rd tablet.
Anne

United States

#94092 Nov 18, 2013
Well you guys maybe did talk to Moses . And maybe you do remember preparation A but I'm as old as the hills...
(Ask my grand kids) heeheehee
Then

Greenville, KY

#94093 Nov 18, 2013
Anne wrote:
That New Madrid fault. Several years ago someone predicted a big shaking from that fault. Everyone was worried . Parents planned to keep the kids home from school so the school board decided to simply shut down the school on THE day. People stocked up on food, fuel and survival provisions. The day came. The day went. It wasnt until much later that it was admitted that there had been a slight tremor on that day. Tremors are not uncommon along the fault.
Agree. Our society tends to sensationalize and obsess over many a fringe voice. Problem is from what I understand is that it is a quiet fault. This makes it much more catastrophic when it goes.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94094 Nov 18, 2013
Then wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Our society tends to sensationalize and obsess over many a fringe voice.
When you say "society", you may well be right but to me the news media drags up way too much unimportant MUD. To make things worse, our society gets its nourishment from it! I sure tend to smile and enjoy when I hear things like Anne sleeping 10' from her back door just so she can enjoy the galaxy! Now that's G-R-E-A-T!
haa lets

Wooton, KY

#94095 Nov 18, 2013
not joke about that fault i have seen mountains setting upside down.the coal was turned straight up.the Mississippi River ran backwards for 5 min.that what made the lakes between southern KY and northern Tenn.with the way things are today i don't wont to think about it.it is a dangerous fault line and some think its over due.lets pray they wrong.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94096 Nov 18, 2013
Now that poster really is old, if he-she saw the Mississippi River run backwards. That happened in 1812.
Imposter

London, KY

#94097 Nov 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Now that poster really is old, if he-she saw the Mississippi River run backwards. That happened in 1812.
Some make little difference in past and present visions. To some- all is connected in a great circle and there isn't actually a dividing line in respect to past, present, future.
I think heavy drinking may be partially responsible for the visions though. lol
Anne

United States

#94098 Nov 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, there were originally 15 Commandments but Moses tripped and broke the 3rd tablet.
I can't seem to even keep the 10. There's no way I could keep 15 .
Imposter

London, KY

#94100 Nov 19, 2013
Anne wrote:
Misty, so disappointed in myself. I haven't been rowing on the pond lately.:-(
However last night the moonlight was literally sparkling on the water like thousands of diamonds! Tonight the moon is perfect . A big orange ball! And Venus!! Outstanding!! So brilliant right now!! Last August I spent the night on a camping cot in our driveway (10 foot from
The back door lol) just to be able to get my fill of the meteor showers.
I'm not that old chronologically, but I have done things that are very hard on a body. Some things I had to do, other things I chose to do, nevertheless my body is probably less healthy than that of a much older man. I can still split wood with a hammer and wedge too, but very slowly and with many a rest.
Good day my dear.

My my....Don't fall asleep out there! I might come walking by and see me a fine woman laying outside all alone and get all frisky, things happen fast when I get frisky Anne. What would your sweets think about that? Lol
Cant help it.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94101 Nov 19, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Some make little difference in past and present visions. To some- all is connected in a great circle and there isn't actually a dividing line in respect to past, present, future.
I thought maybe it was the moonshine that made the sentences slurred. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94102 Nov 19, 2013
As Merle Haggard sang "If We Make It through December"... That being the case, then I will be living in the same decade of years as Raquel Welch and Sophia Loren... Not bad company, huh? LOL
Imposter

London, KY

#94103 Nov 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
As Merle Haggard sang "If We Make It through December"... That being the case, then I will be living in the same decade of years as Raquel Welch and Sophia Loren... Not bad company, huh? LOL
If we make it through December, everything's gonna be alright come summertime.

Don't let the syntax fool you Wolf, old Haa is a pretty sharp old dude when it comes right down to it. I've seen some of his posts that were full of truly forgotten wisdom, sure they were mixed in with the errors but a lot of them were pretty wise statements once understood.
In certain cultures an older man's words are just considered true beyond the shadow of a doubt.
If he said "jump" a lot of people in Hyden would ask "how high honorable father?"

Location hidden

#94104 Nov 19, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>If we make it through December, everything's gonna be alright come summertime.

Don't let the syntax fool you Wolf, old Haa is a pretty sharp old dude when it comes right down to it. I've seen some of his posts that were full of truly forgotten wisdom, sure they were mixed in with the errors but a lot of them were pretty wise statements once understood.
In certain cultures an older man's words are just considered true beyond the shadow of a doubt.
If he said "jump" a lot of people in Hyden would ask "how high honorable father?"
Hey handsome! How's Tuesday treating you.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94105 Nov 19, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>If we make it through December, everything's gonna be alright come summertime.
Oh I agree with you. Old Haa does have some widsom and is also wise enough to not give it freely and makes us work for it. LOL I feel quite sure his wisdom includes "Anything worth having is worth working for".
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94106 Nov 19, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Some make little difference in past and present visions. To some- all is connected in a great circle and there isn't actually a dividing line in respect to past, present, future.
Several days ago my little one says,'Mom, let me look at your hands.' After glancing at my hands, she replies:' I'm older than you.' I ask, " Just how much older than me." 'Well, not too much older than you,' she laughs. Now, I just wonder about reincarnation. I do believe she is a special child, an old soul. It was the strangest experience of my life.Lol. That day I hadn't touched a drop.

Location hidden

#94107 Nov 19, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>Several days ago my little one says,'Mom, let me look at your hands.' After glancing at my hands, she replies:' I'm older than you.' I ask, " Just how much older than me." 'Well, not too much older than you,' she laughs. Now, I just wonder about reincarnation. I do believe she is a special child, an old soul. It was the strangest experience of my life.Lol. That day I hadn't touched a drop.
I was always told I had an old soul but never thought much about it. Then when as I got older I really connected with the 40's. Just this real sense that I belonged there. Things from the 40's feel natural to me. I've included many items from that era in my home and it's feel very natural. Perhaps there is more to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Dale 153,892
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min rex 5,291
2 good husbands free 24 min Not telling 7
Rick Ayers 37 min A friend 6
knox board of ed raising taxes 58 min Glad 90
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr phil Greer 131,065
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 2 hr Xxxxxx 2
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 2 hr knowyrstuff 13
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 6 hr Confused 6
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 13 hr Knox co 22