Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,683

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Anne

United States

#94045 Nov 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sad-- but you will be in my town!
Remembering in elementary, when the teacher gave us the tray if rocks to learn. I loved the smooth, cold stones. Rosy Quartz was my favorite.
Yeah, by that mountain parkway. My daughter lived in MT Sterling for a few years. Kind of midpoint for them as they headed opposite directions every morning.
The geology classes had to identify different rocks etc and taste was an important identifying factor. Wouldn't mind tasting rocks but I wouldn't want one that everyone else licked ... Yuck!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94046 Nov 16, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>That 1'x1'x1' rose quartz? Wow.
Heeheehee. Whenever we take some sort of trip I always drag home a bunch of "rocks "-- my better half has grown accustomed to my rock hoarding. Lol. When my sis left the Deep South I scavenged the big rocks from her back yard, piling them in the trunk of my rental car. 50 miles from home I had to call the roll back truck to take me home. I had the truck driver stop by my house (midnight), lower the car so I could unload the rocks from the trunk then take the rental car on to the rental office. I never told the rental office I had hauled a load of rocks in their rental car. Lol
LOL. Rocks are great! They don't require watering or mowing. I use them where ever I can in my landscaping.
Kentucky

Cambridge, OH

#94047 Nov 16, 2013
Moss covered rocks look nice. Gives a vintage feel along with cascading Ivy near a quiet stream.
Nice

Greenville, KY

#94049 Nov 16, 2013
Easy to keep neat.
haa

Wooton, KY

#94050 Nov 16, 2013
does any body know what the rock sailed is that grows on that moss close to the stream.
Huh

United States

#94051 Nov 16, 2013
Say that again.
Jack

Salyersville, KY

#94052 Nov 17, 2013
"Beautiful Moments"!! Is when I get to watch you sleep!!!! <3
praying

West Liberty, KY

#94054 Nov 17, 2013
the praying part makes sence
scary wrote:
Here's a link so you know I'm not joking: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6185...
We all need to stock up - water, batteries, make sure you have a heating source, food. If the New Madrid goes, transportation across the Mississippi could be affected. Stay safe, be prepared for the worst, hope for the best, and pray.
This is correct

Greenville, KY

#94056 Nov 17, 2013
It WILL be a major disaster. Heck, first one so bad it created Reelfoot Lake and actually felt as far away as Philadelphia!
Keep praying

Greenville, KY

#94057 Nov 17, 2013
Today's destruction in southern Illinois not even a thread of what it will look like when fault goes. Pray for the victims.
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#94058 Nov 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
That 1'x1'x1' rose quartz? Wow.
Heeheehee. Whenever we take some sort of trip I always drag home a bunch of "rocks "-- my better half has grown accustomed to my rock hoarding. Lol. When my sis left the Deep South I scavenged the big rocks from her back yard, piling them in the trunk of my rental car. 50 miles from home I had to call the roll back truck to take me home. I had the truck driver stop by my house (midnight), lower the car so I could unload the rocks from the trunk then take the rental car on to the rental office. I never told the rental office I had hauled a load of rocks in their rental car. Lol
I have a good sized dinosaur egg, dug it out of a footer over thirty years ago. I have a small meteor fragment too, found it in a creek-bed after a flash flood about twenty years ago. Neither are confirmed by anything other than tests I could do myself. The meteor fragment is very magnetic and passes all the other tests. The egg is a dead ringer for an Oviraptor egg. I have no idea what kind roamed these parts, but one layer drooped an egg at one point. AW may have tripped over the thing while it was still fresh, got mad and kicked it over into that creek. hehehe
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#94059 Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky wrote:
Moss covered rocks look nice. Gives a vintage feel along with cascading Ivy near a quiet stream.
Sounds like my back yard, and yes, it is nice.
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#94060 Nov 17, 2013
haa wrote:
does any body know what the rock sailed is that grows on that moss close to the stream.
I have no idea honorable father, what do they look like?
Likely

Greenville, KY

#94061 Nov 17, 2013
Likely to have washed away this afternoon
Likely

Greenville, KY

#94063 Nov 17, 2013
Save some up because when it hits you will be a wealthy man!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94064 Nov 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like my back yard, and yes, it is nice.
Hi Imposter.
Anne

United States

#94065 Nov 17, 2013
First funeral I ever went to where they had to hold the body over till the next day for burial because of the rain. Miss E, I didn't see you around Winchester today!! I (kinda) watched for you at the Cracker Barrel walkin funny with one shoe.
found out

Owensboro, KY

#94066 Nov 17, 2013
Father-n-law is turning over in his grave. He was a great Christian man and his beliefs were unmatched.
Imposter

London, KY

#94067 Nov 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Imposter.
Hi!
AW hasn't came along and noticed the latest discrepancy, did you catch it? LOL
I did find a dinosaur egg in that footer though Nanny.

Is it time to exchange those pictures yet? I'll take mine while holding my Oviraptor egg, how'd that be?
Imposter

London, KY

#94068 Nov 17, 2013
Sanford, NC?
I guess the storms knocked out the local hub again.

AW must be "entertaining" again, LOl. The old wolf.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 24 min Princess Hey 318
big buck in carter hollow 29 min LMAO 8
What is the bad blood between Roger Vanover and... 30 min LMAO 2
Scott Simpson 56 min Curiouswonderer 1
Mike Warren embezzled money? 1 hr WhoCares 23
who will you vote for as jailer 3 hr ummmm 114
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr SNYB 131,425
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate 5 hr Guessudontknow 38
If McGhee is this dirty in Campaign, Imagine on... 6 hr pastor 29
El Mariachi Restaurant 6 hr Piggy Tails 20