Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81784 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

tweet tweet

West Liberty, KY

#94023 Nov 16, 2013
birdie birdie
Anne

United States

#94024 Nov 16, 2013
It's going to be a beautiful [email protected] Hope your muscles aren't too sore from all that wood splitting.
Apparently everyone had a wonderful evening yesterday. Yesterday was jam packed around here from 8am till 8pm.
I may have found a good source for some large geodes! From the sound of it some are small boulder size! Hope they are available as I've got a wonderful spot for them-- both sides of the steps to the back deck. Even as a child I collected pretty and unusual rocks. After all us kids left home Mom became a rock hound and had displays at the library and gave short rock talks at the schools. So I guess I came by it honestly. Lol
Time to rise and shine . Hope your day is wonderful.
:-( sad note. Headed to Winchester for the funeral of a long time acquaintance. He was suffering much so this is really a blessing.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94025 Nov 16, 2013
Anne wrote:
It's going to be a beautiful [email protected] Hope your muscles aren't too sore from all that wood splitting.
Apparently everyone had a wonderful evening yesterday. Yesterday was jam packed around here from 8am till 8pm.
I may have found a good source for some large geodes! From the sound of it some are small boulder size! Hope they are available as I've got a wonderful spot for them-- both sides of the steps to the back deck. Even as a child I collected pretty and unusual rocks. After all us kids left home Mom became a rock hound and had displays at the library and gave short rock talks at the schools. So I guess I came by it honestly. Lol
Time to rise and shine . Hope your day is wonderful.
:-( sad note. Headed to Winchester for the funeral of a long time acquaintance. He was suffering much so this is really a blessing.
That is sad-- but you will be in my town!
Remembering in elementary, when the teacher gave us the tray if rocks to learn. I loved the smooth, cold stones. Rosy Quartz was my favorite.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94026 Nov 16, 2013
The "muscle thing" stirred this up,...just gotta tell it. The Belle, who is 13 years younger than me decided to play Annie Oakley or Dale Evens. Our new neighbor lady west of us invited her to go horse back riding (on her horses), of which she has 3. Well, long years back we had 3 Appaloosas of our own but......that was long ago....well, they went riding and you can imagine what her walking looked like the next day,....Popeye's! I know it wasn't very funny but it was one of them "I told ya so's".) But at least it's good to have a nice neighbor, ya know?..but not Hopalong for a wife!!!!
qwerty

Luck, WI

#94027 Nov 16, 2013
This is a super day for putting off whatever is currently top of your list of priorities. You'll tackle sleep to the best of your ability, without making a big deal of it. Ideally, you should sleep while sleeping because this is when you'll be at your most efficient. At some point, you may be asked to get up and get going. Hit the snooze. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#94028 Nov 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sad-- but you will be in my town!
Remembering in elementary, when the teacher gave us the tray if rocks to learn. I loved the smooth, cold stones. Rosy Quartz was my favorite.
You gotta be careful identifying quartz, a lot of people take it for granite,,,"ta dum pum" :-)

(I do have a 1'x1'x1' chunk of rose quartz this sits on a bookshelf in the great room. We were in Estes Park, CO a coupe of years ago and bought a BUNCH of beautiful rocks. I have green quartz in the shape of KY inn the top tier of the front garden and 2 big chunks of blue marble the size of my head. I had a lot of fun with the name of the place "Dick's Rock Shop"...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94030 Nov 16, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>You gotta be careful identifying quartz, a lot of people take it for granite,,,"ta dum pum" :-)

(I do have a 1'x1'x1' chunk of rose quartz this sits on a bookshelf in the great room. We were in Estes Park, CO a coupe of years ago and bought a BUNCH of beautiful rocks. I have green quartz in the shape of KY inn the top tier of the front garden and 2 big chunks of blue marble the size of my head. I had a lot of fun with the name of the place "Dick's Rock Shop"...
LOL. You got your rocks off of Dick?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94031 Nov 16, 2013
Hello wrote:
We have all sinned. It is the blood of Jesus that takes away our sins (1st Peter 1:18,19); not a prayer, self-righteousness, or a religious experience. Self-righteousness is a road to Hell (Romans 10:3-4; Mark 7:6-13). If you'll simply believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, because of the blood He shed for your sins, then you will be saved.

Thessalonians 1:8 Warns "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Salvation is of God, and we have nothing to do with meriting, maintaining, or keeping it. Our part is to believe on Christ, trusting in His finished work of redemption to pay for our sins with His precious blood.

Jesus clearly stated in John 14:6... "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

To be saved, you simply stop trying to work your way to Heaven; and you rest in the finished work of Christ.

Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day.
We know this. Your point being???
Hitchcock

Nebo, KY

#94034 Nov 16, 2013
Birds freak me out
Kentucky

Mineral Ridge, OH

#94035 Nov 16, 2013
Yardbyrds
The Birds
Free As a Bird
Black Bird
Free Bird
Birds and the Bees
Your Bird Can Sing
Kentucky

Mineral Ridge, OH

#94036 Nov 16, 2013
But......Woodstock was my favorite bird :-)
Hitchcock

Nebo, KY

#94039 Nov 16, 2013
Larry Bird

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94040 Nov 16, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>You gotta be careful identifying quartz, a lot of people take it for granite,,,"ta dum pum" :-)

(I do have a 1'x1'x1' chunk of rose quartz this sits on a bookshelf in the great room. We were in Estes Park, CO a coupe of years ago and bought a BUNCH of beautiful rocks. I have green quartz in the shape of KY inn the top tier of the front garden and 2 big chunks of blue marble the size of my head. I had a lot of fun with the name of the place "Dick's Rock Shop"...
Made me smile with that one. I'm usually pretty stone face.
you who

West Liberty, KY

#94041 Nov 16, 2013
you who
Madrid

West Liberty, KY

#94042 Nov 16, 2013
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
earthquake
Kentucky

Mineral Ridge, OH

#94043 Nov 16, 2013
Lady Bird Johnson
Anne

United States

#94044 Nov 16, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta be careful identifying quartz, a lot of people take it for granite,,,"ta dum pum" :-)
(I do have a 1'x1'x1' chunk of rose quartz this sits on a bookshelf in the great room. We were in Estes Park, CO a coupe of years ago and bought a BUNCH of beautiful rocks. I have green quartz in the shape of KY inn the top tier of the front garden and 2 big chunks of blue marble the size of my head. I had a lot of fun with the name of the place "Dick's Rock Shop"...
That 1'x1'x1' rose quartz? Wow.
Heeheehee. Whenever we take some sort of trip I always drag home a bunch of "rocks "-- my better half has grown accustomed to my rock hoarding. Lol. When my sis left the Deep South I scavenged the big rocks from her back yard, piling them in the trunk of my rental car. 50 miles from home I had to call the roll back truck to take me home. I had the truck driver stop by my house (midnight), lower the car so I could unload the rocks from the trunk then take the rental car on to the rental office. I never told the rental office I had hauled a load of rocks in their rental car. Lol
Anne

United States

#94045 Nov 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sad-- but you will be in my town!
Remembering in elementary, when the teacher gave us the tray if rocks to learn. I loved the smooth, cold stones. Rosy Quartz was my favorite.
Yeah, by that mountain parkway. My daughter lived in MT Sterling for a few years. Kind of midpoint for them as they headed opposite directions every morning.
The geology classes had to identify different rocks etc and taste was an important identifying factor. Wouldn't mind tasting rocks but I wouldn't want one that everyone else licked ... Yuck!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94046 Nov 16, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>That 1'x1'x1' rose quartz? Wow.
Heeheehee. Whenever we take some sort of trip I always drag home a bunch of "rocks "-- my better half has grown accustomed to my rock hoarding. Lol. When my sis left the Deep South I scavenged the big rocks from her back yard, piling them in the trunk of my rental car. 50 miles from home I had to call the roll back truck to take me home. I had the truck driver stop by my house (midnight), lower the car so I could unload the rocks from the trunk then take the rental car on to the rental office. I never told the rental office I had hauled a load of rocks in their rental car. Lol
LOL. Rocks are great! They don't require watering or mowing. I use them where ever I can in my landscaping.
Kentucky

Pittsburgh, PA

#94047 Nov 16, 2013
Moss covered rocks look nice. Gives a vintage feel along with cascading Ivy near a quiet stream.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Oven Mitt (Jul '15) 19 min Very mad customer 81
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min ChromiuMan 148,158
beer is selling in barbourville 58 min live here 13
Board Meeting 59 min live here 62
iMPEACH Bonita Williams school board member 1 hr Moms who care 1
Bonita Williams BHS board member should RESIGN !!! 1 hr Fred 26
Looking for caregiver 2 hr Wondering 4
stabbing 5 hr Bad 6
Should a city school board member sell alcohol ? 10 hr ex citizen 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages