Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,705

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
what now

United States

#93956 Nov 12, 2013
bluesman wrote:
Cindy just wanted to say bye and you can have it all
Well, in that case, I will check here before I ask AW if he would want to put a couple gallons of antifreeze on his shiny new card. A brand new cornhusker? I wonder if they still sell them anyplace? Would sure like to get that all husked before it's all over, no sense in letting corn go to waste.
Yes, with the chilly mornings, I found myself, all of a sudden, putting antifreeze into everything in sight.
Beings things are pretty much winterized, great aunt, over there, well she decides she would like to go to Florida this winter. Well, I stay surprised these days! The train sounds like a fun way to go. For me anyways lol.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#93957 Nov 12, 2013
Anne wrote:
WARNING! The Tabasco sauce and popcorn. A few drops will do it. My better half loves it ! And I can handle it if its pretty mild. Lol
Here's another idea, not my own however. Bleau Cheese melted and stirred amongst the popcorn! It sure was great back when I was dating a little red head. Her Dad and I agreed on the popcorn anyway! I don't think she appreciated me sitting at her home eat'n popcorn with her Daddy.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#93958 Nov 12, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another idea, not my own however. Bleau Cheese melted and stirred amongst the popcorn! It sure was great back when I was dating a little red head. Her Dad and I agreed on the popcorn anyway! I don't think she appreciated me sitting at her home eat'n popcorn with her Daddy.
I "dated" a brunette way back when which consisted of shooting pool with her Daddy in the basement while we waited on her Mama's after church Sunday dinner of fried chicken and fixins. Then sat on the front porch with her 5 younger sisters while she helped with the dishes. I guess it was not much of a date for her and she married someone else. LOL I saw her again a couple years ago and it appears she has eaten way too much chicken hehehe

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93959 Nov 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I "dated" a brunette way back when which consisted of shooting pool with her Daddy in the basement while we waited on her Mama's after church Sunday dinner of fried chicken and fixins. Then sat on the front porch with her 5 younger sisters while she helped with the dishes. I guess it was not much of a date for her and she married someone else. LOL I saw her again a couple years ago and it appears she has eaten way too much chicken hehehe
Reminds me of that country song "Just a Swinging"
My first serious boyfriend was rebuilding a El Camino. His ideal date was him under the car and me sitting next to him handing him stuff and talking. I guess it wasn't too bad. The love didn't last but I know how to rebuild a carburetor!
Imposter

Busy, KY

#93960 Nov 12, 2013
I hate it when those porch-swing chains break and slap you across the top of the head right hard.

You sit there stung and... mad as heck, wondering if you should strongly advise the rotund feminine culprit sitting there, at a lower angle beside you, that she should consider a diet.

Location hidden

#93961 Nov 12, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I hate it when those porch-swing chains break and slap you across the top of the head right hard.

You sit there stung and... mad as heck, wondering if you should strongly advise the rotund feminine culprit sitting there, at a lower angle beside you, that she should consider a diet.
That comment (if made) would probably mean no goodbye kiss. LOL
Anne

United States

#93962 Nov 12, 2013
Heeheehee. We were sitting in the swing and the chain broke-his side, of course, the swing fell backwards and we both flipped head over heels over the back. Lol. After the surprise wore off we laughed and laughed!
Anne

United States

#93963 Nov 12, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>Here's another idea, not my own however. Bleau Cheese melted and stirred amongst the popcorn! It sure was great back when I was dating a little red head. Her Dad and I agreed on the popcorn anyway! I don't think she appreciated me sitting at her home eat'n popcorn with her Daddy.
Bleau cheese, huh? We'll give it a try.

The guys that came courting our daughters? We always had them set in a certain rocking chair, comfortable at first but over a little time the chair worked its magic and the guys kept squirming around trying to get comfortable. Heeheehee. We always got a chuckle over that!!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#93964 Nov 12, 2013
My mother always told a story about a very talkative friend that had a caller that came almost every night and sat staring into the fireplace never saying a word.

After about a year, she was about to give up on him and finally said "Darn it Sam, say something". He replied "Marry me" and she did and they lived together for nearly another 60 years without him saying very much. It could be that she never gave him a chance. LOL Opposites attract?
Maddie

United States

#93965 Nov 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
My mother always told a story about a very talkative friend that had a caller that came almost every night and sat staring into the fireplace never saying a word.

After about a year, she was about to give up on him and finally said "Darn it Sam, say something". He replied "Marry me" and she did and they lived together for nearly another 60 years without him saying very much. It could be that she never gave him a chance. LOL Opposites attract?
Good one!! Neighbor guy tells about a widow woman and a widower who had met but lived about 80 miles apart--this was years ago--they started writing each other. The letters went back and forth for quite awhile and the next time they met? They got married.
Anne

United States

#93966 Nov 12, 2013
Lovely evening! I had ordered a barn quilt from my long time acquaintance/friend and they delivered it tonight. Since they delivered after their store hours (5pm) I asked them for supper. Really nice time. Lasagna, toasted garlic bread (I split hot dog buns, butter the inside, sprinkle on the garlic and some cheddar cheese) garden salad. Anyway we sat around visiting . Nice time. Wow. Just realized something. Their 4 year old granddaughter came with them.The last time they ate ate at my house ? When that granddaughters mother was. 7 or 8 years old. Wow. A little explanation here. I was still in high school and they were next door neighbors with 4 daughters. I married and moved around a lot. They moved around a lot too. One time At a Walmart in western ky I thought "I know that woman!" We were living in the same county!! We visited back and forth at that time and they had a 5th daughter about 7 or 8. then we all moved around some more. Now we are all living in the sAme county again (the state we started out in). A span of 45 years!!!!

Location hidden

#93967 Nov 12, 2013
Anne wrote:
Lovely evening! I had ordered a barn quilt from my long time acquaintance/friend and they delivered it tonight. Since they delivered after their store hours (5pm) I asked them for supper. Really nice time. Lasagna, toasted garlic bread (I split hot dog buns, butter the inside, sprinkle on the garlic and some cheddar cheese) garden salad. Anyway we sat around visiting . Nice time. Wow. Just realized something. Their 4 year old granddaughter came with them.The last time they ate ate at my house ? When that granddaughters mother was. 7 or 8 years old. Wow. A little explanation here. I was still in high school and they were next door neighbors with 4 daughters. I married and moved around a lot. They moved around a lot too. One time At a Walmart in western ky I thought "I know that woman!" We were living in the same county!! We visited back and forth at that time and they had a 5th daughter about 7 or 8. then we all moved around some more. Now we are all living in the sAme county again (the state we started out in). A span of 45 years!!!!
Very cool. I recently started a long time project I've wanted to do. I want to capture photos of 9 barn quilts and then do a sampler quilt, duplicating each barn quilt as a panel in the 9 panel sampler quilt. Combines my love for photography and quilting. Then I hope to take the 9 pictures of the barns quilts and display with the sampler.
Imposter

Busy, KY

#93968 Nov 12, 2013
On my way through the cold, windswept woods to get here tonight I ran across a thread someone created in the hopes of finding an, and I quote "Attractive bisex male for fun, dating and perhaps a little more."

Gee, I have to wonder what the poor lonely woman that created that thread is willing to pay, if she was needing to buy sex. Why do they call women hookers and the men just plain old bisex males...I guess that's short for "buy sex" males? To buy sex from? <scratching head> Hmmm

Things just keep getting curious-er and curious-er these days.
Good evening people, hope you're all staying warm. I have to go investigate this buy-sex male thing.

Later.
Imposter

Busy, KY

#93969 Nov 12, 2013
Well I guess my ship didn't come in after all. Entire fortunes were made and lost in my mind, just in the last few mins.
You're not going to believe this but it turned out that thread was posted by a dude folks....
Back to the drawing board.
Imposter

Busy, KY

#93970 Nov 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cool. I recently started a long time project I've wanted to do. I want to capture photos of 9 barn quilts and then do a sampler quilt, duplicating each barn quilt as a panel in the 9 panel sampler quilt. Combines my love for photography and quilting. Then I hope to take the 9 pictures of the barns quilts and display with the sampler.
Hey Nanny!
You keep them tootsies warm tonight, you may have to wear those boots to bed.
BTW- Were those boots made for walking?

Location hidden

#93971 Nov 12, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Well I guess my ship didn't come in after all. Entire fortunes were made and lost in my mind, just in the last few mins.
You're not going to believe this but it turned out that thread was posted by a dude folks....
Back to the drawing board.
If at first you don't succeed --- buy buy again
Imposter

Busy, KY

#93972 Nov 12, 2013
Anne wrote:
Howdy Anne!
Yes, this big old world can seem small at times. I once ran into a friend I hadn't seen since grade school in a factory. He and I had worked about a hundred yards from each other six days a week manufacturing parts for the same kind of car for over eight months before he recognized me. We had named our daughters the same first and middle name, both had been born the same month, but in two consecutive years. Good evening to you Anne.

Location hidden

#93973 Nov 12, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Nanny!
You keep them tootsies warm tonight, you may have to wear those boots to bed.
BTW- Were those boots made for walking?
Absolutely. I can't sleep with anything on my feet. No matter how cold, I always have one foot out of the covers. I'm an odd one. Don't forget I need to send you a picture!
Imposter

Busy, KY

#93974 Nov 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. I can't sleep with anything on my feet. No matter how cold, I always have one foot out of the covers. I'm an odd one. Don't forget I need to send you a picture!
Yep, I said I would send one back to and I will. I'm almost better now.
I may even get around to shaving tomorrow. I'm starting to look like that old bearded guy that sat in front of silver dollar city.
I look forward to seeing your image MissE! I hope I can find a camera that wont break taking a picture of me, I must get a lot of lemon cameras.
OK I'm about good to go on this end. Wont be long now.

Location hidden

#93975 Nov 12, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, I said I would send one back to and I will. I'm almost better now.
I may even get around to shaving tomorrow. I'm starting to look like that old bearded guy that sat in front of silver dollar city.
I look forward to seeing your image MissE! I hope I can find a camera that wont break taking a picture of me, I must get a lot of lemon cameras.
OK I'm about good to go on this end. Wont be long now.
Night dear friend!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr spaceship 131,617
HAppy Thanksgiving Everyone! 3 hr gator 2
fire station or not 5 hr lolol 2
how can a murderer walk the streets!!!! 10 hr john 16
Phillip Vaughn (Oct '10) 15 hr Loving 9
Separate 15 hr Loving 3
OMG!!! Ben Mason in jail (May '13) 18 hr curious 6
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 24 beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:37 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:37PM
Zach Mettenberger sends himself to selfie rehab