Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

United States

#93929 Nov 10, 2013
Growing up we did have popcorn balls/ Carmel apples. Guess you'd say we had them once in a blue moon. We never grew our own popcorn though. Popcorn was a regular on weekend nights after school started in the fall. We'd sit in the living room with our own personal pan of popcorn, our glass of home canned grape juice and a book to read. No TV at our house.
Brownies were baked once a week during the winter. We used the Wakins recipe book for our brownies. We became creative with that recipe, maybe adding a fee drops of peppermint oil or a handful of chopped pecans. Maybe we even added peanut butter a few times. Several times we smoothed on a thin layer of chocolate icing and sprinkled pecan bits over that.
Might just start that tradition again!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93930 Nov 10, 2013
Anne wrote:
Growing up we did have popcorn balls/ Carmel apples. Guess you'd say we had them once in a blue moon. We never grew our own popcorn though. Popcorn was a regular on weekend nights after school started in the fall. We'd sit in the living room with our own personal pan of popcorn, our glass of home canned grape juice and a book to read. No TV at our house.
Brownies were baked once a week during the winter. We used the Wakins recipe book for our brownies. We became creative with that recipe, maybe adding a fee drops of peppermint oil or a handful of chopped pecans. Maybe we even added peanut butter a few times. Several times we smoothed on a thin layer of chocolate icing and sprinkled pecan bits over that.
Might just start that tradition again!
Now I'm wanting a brownie with my coffee-- thanks!
Sounds amazing

Location hidden

#93931 Nov 10, 2013
Advantages to waking up in bed alone:
1. Morning breath? No problem!
2. I can watch anything I want on T.V.
3. The covers are all mine. I can pull them up, throw them off or tangle my legs in them
4. I can sleep with the window cracked, even with its cold. So there is always a cold pillow to grab in the night.
5. I can sleep in anything or nothing. My old worn Florida State T-shirt is totally acceptable!
Now I just need to move the Keurig to my bedside.
Anne

United States

#93932 Nov 10, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
3. The covers are all mine. I can pull them up, throw them off or tangle my legs in them
4. I can sleep with the window cracked, even with its cold. So there is always a cold pillow to grab in the night.
5. I can sleep in anything or nothing. My old worn Florida State T-shirt is totally acceptable!
Well just come on over! My guest room has a small sink and electric set up for a microwave and small fridge. I've stayed in too many motels . Lol
I drove down the hill this morning and there were my fencers putting on the fence boards . It's a 4 board fence and its treated poplar. Looks darn good and will last a lot longer than I will. I told them that if they'd put up a fence just like it across the road (that's their property) then we would have a mighty fine looking place and people would think we were grand. Lol. They did a great job .
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93933 Nov 10, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
Waking up in bed alone is just fine with me too for the same reasons you listed except for the Florida State T-shirt but also includes not having to fix breakfast or share my coffee with someone. LOL
The disadvantages are in going to bed alone. But on the rare instances that I solve that disadvantage, I send them on home so I can enjoy the morning advantages. LOL
Saragon

United States

#93934 Nov 10, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss E, please speak American. That lit.... word is not even in my Random House Dictionary...But I think I get your drift!!
BTW, anyone around y'alls area ever heard of Newman's Ridge, Hancock County or Alex Stewart? What a very remarkable little ole pioneer of a man he was. Some 7 years ago we visited the Musuem Of The Appalachia and I bought a book about this man. Second time of reading it is just as good as the first. What can anyone tell me of the Melungeon people? Seriously........
I haven't been on here in about a year but I do read it every now and then. My husband is part Melungeon and I live in Hancock county. Driving across Newman's Ridge is something else. Hubby did it five days a week when he was working on the new bridge in Sneedville. The Melungeon people are pretty closed mouth about themselves because people looked down on them. Hubby doesn't even know where they came from.
Ellis

Jonesborough, TN

#93936 Nov 10, 2013
Saragon wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been on here in about a year but I do read it every now and then. My husband is part Melungeon and I live in Hancock county. Driving across Newman's Ridge is something else. Hubby did it five days a week when he was working on the new bridge in Sneedville. The Melungeon people are pretty closed mouth about themselves because people looked down on them. Hubby doesn't even know where they came from.
This may interest you.
http://blueridgecountry.com/archive/editors-c...
what now

United States

#93937 Nov 10, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm wanting a brownie with my coffee-- thanks!
Sounds amazing
Yeah! Thanks all for blabbering. It makes me feel ok. Well, you're either a crowd of lonely nutts, or else your not. I have a lot to say, but, at the same time I don't have much to say... been winterizing, my mom sent at least 10 of those kittys to well someplace, I will not ask lol. Dreamed about someone and haven't been right since. Lotsa work, I finally figured it plain out will not end. So thank God for Sundays! Look who's the silly poster now lol. Anyone got a corn husker? Come help soons you get a notion. Thanks all !
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#93938 Nov 11, 2013
what now wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah! Thanks all for blabbering. It makes me feel ok. Well, you're either a crowd of lonely nutts, or else your not. I have a lot to say, but, at the same time I don't have much to say... been winterizing, my mom sent at least 10 of those kittys to well someplace, I will not ask lol. Dreamed about someone and haven't been right since. Lotsa work, I finally figured it plain out will not end. So thank God for Sundays! Look who's the silly poster now lol. Anyone got a corn husker? Come help soons you get a notion. Thanks all !
I was going to say, look who is posting just run of the mill stuff now. Welcome to the crowd. No we are not lonely nuts, actually we are quite an eclectic group of philosophers and everyone is not here at the moment. Many would very likely not take kindly to the assumptions you have made already. There are many forums, Fairfax VIRGINIA is a bit far from Tollesboro KENTUCKY so maybe you don't understand how Topix is SUPPOSED to work. Also, your grammar, punctuation and ability to string together cogent thoughts disqualify you from being one of "The Crowd". And, you may have noticed, this is not a bird watching forum which is, I expect, what YOU were seeking. Have a good life and may God Bless You my (insert gender preference here)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#93939 Nov 11, 2013
My turn. I do have a corn husker but too tired to travel with it. If you are no more than 5 miles from the boondocks, you may rent it though. Anything for a friend for a fee. LOL

I also have a visiting dog that pees off cycle with my own and likes to drink out of the toilet, a rooster with a broken leg, and hens that are surely religous and won't work on Sundays. I pulled a tooth last week and did not put it under my pillow. I was afraid the tooth fairy might be inclined to have one of those alternate life styles.

I surely could use a new quarter though and some more super glue and string. Yesterday, my string broke and the church usher left too quickly for me to retrieve it. oh POOH.

Going today to check into using the roto-rooter on the carotid.

Location hidden

#93941 Nov 11, 2013
what now wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah! Thanks all for blabbering. It makes me feel ok. Well, you're either a crowd of lonely nutts, or else your not. I have a lot to say, but, at the same time I don't have much to say... been winterizing, my mom sent at least 10 of those kittys to well someplace, I will not ask lol. Dreamed about someone and haven't been right since. Lotsa work, I finally figured it plain out will not end. So thank God for Sundays! Look who's the silly poster now lol. Anyone got a corn husker? Come help soons you get a notion. Thanks all !
Lonely nuts? Why , yes! I have claimed cashew and pecan has been spoken for as well. When you put us all together we are "The Party Mix"
qwerty

Butler, KY

#93942 Nov 11, 2013
Your thoughts take a very optimistic turn today, and you're probably wondering what all the baloney was about yesterday. You're feeling self-assured and eager to give ham a try, even if they'll present you with more baloney. You'll come up with some great ideas, given half a sammich, although these may seem rather cheesy to some people.
qwerty

Butler, KY

#93943 Nov 11, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
When you put us all together we are "The Party Mix"
You sure have a way of putting things into perspective!

Gotta run, Y'all have a goodun'
Its here

Bowling Green, KY

#93944 Nov 11, 2013
Thousands are dead in Phillipines ,this is the largest storm ever recorded.The end of times is here
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#93945 Nov 11, 2013
Its here wrote:
Thousands are dead in Phillipines ,this is the largest storm ever recorded.The end of times is here
Do I still have time to apply for a credit card and max it out getting some new clothes and furniture? I want to go out in style.

Location hidden

#93946 Nov 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Do I still have time to apply for a credit card and max it out getting some new clothes and furniture? I want to go out in style.
You could buy Dog a diamond collar!
bluesman

United States

#93947 Nov 11, 2013
Cindy just wanted to say bye and you can have it all
Terry

Bowling Green, KY

#93948 Nov 11, 2013
Where is the story I can not find it anywhere.
kor

Danville, KY

#93949 Nov 11, 2013
wow!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93950 Nov 11, 2013
To All the Veterans and Members of our Armed Forces, Thank you for being ' All that you can be' or have been for our great country. It has been because of you our country has remained free and have liberties. You have been the integral part of creating democracy where none existed. To you all have a fine day! and to the fallen, you will always be remembered. Bless you!
~ a liberty minded, macadamia nut lover ( hehehe)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min ChromiuMan 142,458
woman 1 min gagme 3
cash job for women 1 min angie 22
Paul Tate 37 min haha 17
larry coleman 1 hr ass 5
Randy smith and Shelia 1 hr Nimbletwig 17
Melissa sanders 1 hr i do know u jean 13
What happened in town last night? Sat Con 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages