Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,680

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
ty

Winchester, KY

#93495 Oct 20, 2013
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
Ok
poor birdies

Morehead, KY

#93496 Oct 20, 2013
Aww poor birdies

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#93497 Oct 20, 2013
Hey bird threaders!! Another long time, no see..

OJG, I'll be praying my heart out for you honey. You've got spunk and stamina. You can beat this sucker!!! AND I KNOW YOU WILL!! God has plans for each of us.

Glad to see everyone is here and accounted for. All but AB anyway. So did I really see that she's happily "involved" now? Good for her!! <<applause>> Hope she's found "Mr Forever: and not "Mr Out For Whatever"!!

Imposter, I'm very glad to hear you're doing alright too. You and I are both suffering the same ailments apparently. How odd..... I'm hoping that I can get off of my Metaglip pretty soon. I've been really diligent about what I eat and have been trying really hard to exercise like I'm supposed to. There IS hope for the diabetes problem I have. The ticker problem, probably not. It is what it is. But we can do the best we can to make sure another day comes around for us.. I'm kind of partial to these pretty Kentucky sunrises.

I have a lot to catch up on here. I was WAY behind with the goings on of this thread again. During pretty weather it's hard to sit at a keyboard. So you all have a wonderful evening. I'll be back after I catch up on some of the other threads for a while that I enjoy visiting.

Hope someone is awake to talk to later, LOL!!!

_-_Nope_-_
(Not *POOFING* just yet)
That was for you, Imposter, before you called me on it, hahahahaha!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93498 Oct 20, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but all I have is a wood burning stove cranking out the warmth along with the faint smell of burning cedar as I sit on my home-made stool drinking hot coffee and eating a donut and my old dog laying on the floor beside me. I don't reckon I need to be disturbed by a woman or an electric blanket at this point. LOL

But come back for a late breakfast of ham-eggs-home fries-grilled and buttered toast with blackberry jam... then I might be ready to entertain or tolerate some drama. LOL
Sounds like a good offer-- also sounds delicious!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93499 Oct 20, 2013
@ OJP, Sounds to me like your alternative approach is working;) I am very pleased for you to make such progress.
Between your Salmon story and AW's simple delights of yesterday, I will be making some challah bread tomorrow. More blessings being sent your way:)
Nice evening.
backndaday

United States

#93500 Oct 20, 2013
Sad
listening

Tampa, FL

#93501 Oct 20, 2013
Gone put not forgotten ... its funny how people start listening once ones gone.
Hope

Belfry, KY

#93502 Oct 20, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
I had my upper chest baseline CT scan and also a bone scan last week. The results for the bone scan were not ready for my Friday doctor's appointment. We did not have a previous CT of the upper chest, so it was not any big surprise when they found more tumors in my upper lungs. BUT we did get some great news!!! The tumors in my lower lungs have decreased in size. The nurse lady was shocked that they shrunk when the only cancer treatment I have done so far was the removal of my ovaries. This tells me that my alternative medicine is doing its job. The largest tumor in my lungs is one on the right lower lobe (the kidney one is the biggest), which was previously 2.7cm x 1.4cm x 1.7cm. That one has shrunk to 2.1cm x 1.5cm x 9mm. All of the lower lobe tumors have shrunk!! Needless to say, this news has done wonders for my optimism!!! It also gives me hope that we will not need to discuss chemo after the January scans. I am all for a little chemo in early stage cancers, but not in late stage. There is research that shows that patients who refused chemo lived four times longer than those who had chemo. If the tumors start increasing again, well then I might consider some of this new targeted chemo. I will get the results next week for the bone scan. I was so tickled after that news that nothing could get me down Friday night! Saturday was spent in bed! LOLOL I was just worn out from two days of running for the scans and appointments. I am determined to beat the odds!
@Imposter - Sounds like you are doing better?
@Big Steve Thanx for the laughs.
Has anyone heard about the yellow pink salmon on the Pacific coast? They also have yellow heart parts, gill arches, and have swollen spleens and spotted livers, yummy! http://enenews.com/biologist-finds-pink-salmo...
Glad to see you posting again! It's been a while since I've been on topix too. I'm happy to hear that your cancer is regressing and I hope it continues. We have a lot to talk about about with regard to current world affairs and maybe we can resume our talks like old times. Have you been watching Revolution?
Anne

United States

#93503 Oct 20, 2013
@OhioJeepGirl: Youve really been through a lot. My prayers go out for you. I'm assuming your alternative treatment involves a strict diet. Hang in there , girl!

*sigh* well. Guess I'll be headed to eastern KY tomorrow. I'll be turning due south at Winchester and headed towards pikeville. Just found this out about an hour ago. AW: as I drive by hand me a yummy plate of that good food ! Actually it'll probably be a sausage burrito and dr pepper from the drive thru! Lol

Good night everyone!
Anne

United States

#93504 Oct 20, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
@ OJP, Sounds to me like your alternative approach is working;) I am very pleased for you to make such progress.
Between your Salmon story and AW's simple delights of yesterday, I will be making some challah bread tomorrow. More blessings being sent your way:)
Nice evening.
You always bake the most delicious sounding breads! I really should send you a dozen or so of the cookbooks I've collected because you would get some use from them! At my house they just collect dust!!! Lol
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93505 Oct 20, 2013
@ Anne, So far challah bread has been the easiest to make. German pumpernickel turns out a bit hard which scares me. I notice how Americans incorporate and a starter dough though. The simplest bread of all is scones. Just last week I threw together some toasted walnuts, one and half banana and boy they taste good. Thanks for thinking of me though.Hehehe. Maybe, you could try some new recipes on that Hubby;) Partner says that he thinks that the way to a man's heart is good cooking and often says it might get him off the road. Hahaha. Hey, I'm trying if I don't kill him first.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93506 Oct 20, 2013
shew, meant incorporate yeast with sourdough.
I am calling it a night. Have a good one,Folks;)
Anne

United States

#93507 Oct 20, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
@ Anne, So far challah bread has been the easiest to make. German pumpernickel turns out a bit hard which scares me. I notice how Americans incorporate and a starter dough though. The simplest bread of all is scones. Just last week I threw together some toasted walnuts, one and half banana and boy they taste good. Thanks for thinking of me though.Hehehe. Maybe, you could try some new recipes on that Hubby;) Partner says that he thinks that the way to a man's heart is good cooking and often says it might get him off the road. Hahaha. Hey, I'm trying if I don't kill him first.
Ahhh, in my fantasy world I have scones with hot tea! The way to a mans heart is good cooking? I think so! What man coming through the door after a long day doesn't love the good smell of a meal ready to be served? Let me phrase it another way, who wouldn't love the good smell of a delicious meal ready to be served?! Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93508 Oct 21, 2013
Anne wrote:
@OhioJeepGirl: Youve really been through a lot. My prayers go out for you. I'm assuming your alternative treatment involves a strict diet. Hang in there , girl!
*sigh* well. Guess I'll be headed to eastern KY tomorrow. I'll be turning due south at Winchester and headed towards pikeville. Just found this out about an hour ago. AW: as I drive by hand me a yummy plate of that good food ! Actually it'll probably be a sausage burrito and dr pepper from the drive thru! Lol
Good night everyone!
If you come south to Winchester and then turn toward Pikeville, my arms are not long enough to reach that far to hand you a plate. I am about 15-20 miles south of Lexington near the Kentucky River.

Dog decided we needed to get up and go to the tree and I should make coffee and add wood to the fire. When I sat down here with my cup of coffee, he climbed up between my legs and told me I forgot to say "EAT". when I did, he looked over toward the bowl and made his tail smile. Who says dogs can't talk? LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93509 Oct 21, 2013
The way to a man's heart might be through his stomach but in the long haul, it may not be not doing him a favor. If he can learn to cook a few things for himself, he may not need to spend the rest of his life eating Big Macs and French Fries.

When I do get out away from the Homestead, I drive by those arches and it is the same old men sitting in there day after day. Pretty sad.
story

Tampa, FL

#93510 Oct 21, 2013
A loved one certainly knows how to put the squeeze on you, judging by today's performance. They might use some moral or emotional blackmail, or they could simply make your life a total misery until you concede to their wishes. It might be tempting to give in but deep down you know that you can't capitulate under this sort of pressure because it will send entirely the wrong message.
Tollesboro Guy

Flemingsburg, KY

#93511 Oct 21, 2013
story wrote:
A loved one certainly knows how to put the squeeze on you, judging by today's performance. They might use some moral or emotional blackmail, or they could simply make your life a total misery until you concede to their wishes. It might be tempting to give in but deep down you know that you can't capitulate under this sort of pressure because it will send entirely the wrong message.
Well Story, I certainly can't disagree with anything you have typed here. It's a collective of plain common sense when it comes to your resistance.

The more interesting story might be the one about the need to "put the squeeze on you". Was it something thy were not getting or something they wanted? Moral/emotional blackmail or making you miserable is sort of petty, Circumstance dependent...

If it's a marriage it needs to be fixed, a less formal arrangement might require termination. Living in those circumstances would eventually be total abject misery and who needs that? Focus on your needs and decide if you are the problem, or is the other half the kind of person which will sooner than later lower the bar even more. "What's for lunch?" could turn into this repugnant behavior and nobody needs that. Just think it through....

Or, just run away as fast and as far as you can get,
story

Tampa, FL

#93512 Oct 21, 2013
in your house of communication, making it difficult to express yourself as clearly as you usually do for the next three weeks. Misunderstandings and confusion could frustrate your attempts to achieve your goals, so slow down and read the fine line very carefully. This is also a good time to notice what is not being said... consider learning more about body language and other forms of non-verbal communication.
Anne

United States

#93513 Oct 21, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>If you come south to Winchester and then turn toward Pikeville, my arms are not long enough to reach that far to hand you a plate. I am about 15-20 miles south of Lexington near the Kentucky River.

Dog decided we needed to get up and go to the tree and I should make coffee and add wood to the fire. When I sat down here with my cup of coffee, he climbed up between my legs and told me I forgot to say "EAT". when I did, he looked over toward the bowl and made his tail smile. Who says dogs can't talk? LOL
That creates a slight problem if we can't stretch our arms to pass the breakfast plate. Just wrap it with foil or plastic wrap and give it a nice toss like a frisbee! Lol. I'm not much count at playing frisbee but when there's good food involved my frisbee skills improve dramatically!
Dog certainly knows how to communicate! Hes not planning to go hungry! Family member brought their city dog to visit the country this past week. City dog loves to play, chase cats and romp with our dog (who is much older). Someone-not me-left the chicken pen gate open and city dog went in and helped herself. She proudly presented her beautiful catch to her owner. Her pride was communicated with the smile, bouncy step and waving that flag of a tail!
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93515 Oct 21, 2013
Wow! It is so great to see so many posting on the thread over the last 24 hours.

@ NOPE - Thank you so much! Yes, this cancer has been a pain, literally! I started off having some minor pain that would come and go in June. I often get ovarian cysts and figured that is what it was. By July, well the pain came, stayed, and started getting much worse. My family doctor thought it was kidney stones and, since I do not have medical insurance, told me to go to the emergency room if it got worse...and it did. The ER did a CT scan and found a big 3.9cm x 3.6cm mass in my kidney and also picked up masses in my lower lungs and a 6mm one in my spleen. My family doctor sent me to the cancer center who sent me for a biopsy of my kidney, which came back that my breast cancer has returned. Darn sneaky cancer!!! Without having medical insurance I have only been able to get my annual mammograms, which always turned out fine (except last year when I had a biopsy that turned out ok). I have no idea how the cancer returned every place but the one place we were watching for it! My last battle (2006-2007) bone scans showed a lesion in my arm bone and the CT scans showed nodules in my lungs (which they said was nothing to worry about - um, only two of the previous nodes show on current CT scans, so if these tumors are not the nodes...where did all the nodes go?). We did not find out it was cancer until August 5th when the oncologist informed me that I was now stage 4 not curable. I have been in palliative care since. It has been one heck of an emotional roller coaster ride. Learning last Friday that the suckers are really shrinking has allowed me to finally breathe!

As for your diabetes, have you tried natural Stevia? I used to do a lot of wild crafting (AKA herbing) and learned a bunch. Anyways, Stevia is a natural sweetner that actually starts helping your body to regulate its sugar levels. You can grow it much like mint.

Sheeesh! I am sorry you are having heart troubles? I know when I was working very hard on a pH alkaline diet that the first day I was able to reach a pH level of 7.0-7.2 my blood pressure, which had jumped up from 110 to nearly 180, dropped back down into the 120s. BUT, I had also started another alternative treatment as well around the same time, Simpson Oil. I am not sure if an alkaline diet would help with your heart or not. I really hate that for you. At least with cancer you know you have some amount of time. I do not know how people cope with a diagnosis in which they can die at any moment! Yet, I would have to say that heart troubles and cancer are much better (as far as having extra time) than a bad accident. Time is a very important gift.

You are now added to my daily prayers. God can cure what men can't. Prayers have worked miracles in my life before.

At least we are all on the right side of the grass today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheila and Jennifer Brown 13 min Nonsense 9
Warren and carmacks Monday nite debate 13 min Joker 1
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate 28 min decided voter 5
who will you vote for as jailer 35 min change 85
Journey Through Hell (Oct '10) 43 min Bob 41
Journey threw hell 59 min Bob 3
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr SNYB 131,477
Indictments 1 hr John 35
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 8 hr you know 49
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. Fri Curiouswonderer 4