Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,724

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93480 Oct 19, 2013
Hope everyone enjoyed their cool Autumn day.
Imposter

London, KY

#93481 Oct 19, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stranger!
I've missed you
You're always like a breath of fresh air MissE.

Location hidden

#93482 Oct 19, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>You're always like a breath of fresh air MissE.
Thank you-- I was missing you. Are you doing well?
Imposter

London, KY

#93485 Oct 19, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you-- I was missing you. Are you doing well?
I'm fine thanks, just working through a little family drama.... Foolishness really. And there's never enough time, never enough.

Still, I'm thankful for and enjoying the crisp fall weather and colors. Beautiful, isn't it?
Goodnight MissE.

Location hidden

#93486 Oct 19, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I'm fine thanks, just working through a little family drama.... Foolishness really. And there's never enough time, never enough.

Still, I'm thankful for and enjoying the crisp fall weather and colors. Beautiful, isn't it?
Goodnight MissE.
Yes, There is always drama where family is concerned.
I'm snuggled under the covers staying warm. I think I need a man or an electric blanket. The electric blanket will be less hassle-- right?
Anne

United States

#93487 Oct 19, 2013
Imposter, MissE. Hello!!
Good night to all of you.
Been watching my grandpas barn being burned. It was no longer useable and very dangerous so it was partially dismantled then a bobcat took over to pile it up ready to burn. My sister and i sat with it 7 hours and its down to the last bit. Different people stopped to snack a bit ( yes, there was food and drink) and chat a while before heading home. The wooden corn crib and a smaller barn is all that's left of grandmas and grandpas place :-(

AW: Preciois Lord, take my hand....
Good one. And "there will be peace in the valley for me...."
Manofthewater

United States

#93488 Oct 19, 2013
We did it. People. We ruined our planet. We are the worst thing to ever happen to this planet as a species. We are a virus on the planet. Tear down trees and place concrete.( the southern pine tree produces the most oxygen of most trees in the US ) We are basically ripping the lungs of the planet right out of the ground, and our fresh air with it. Just look at google earth and see how much concrete there is where there used to be forest. Going on 7 billion people. Oil tanker spills, oil wells, radioactive materials, refuse, you name it. We dump it in our oceans. Since the worlds waters circulate it affects us globally. There are less edible fish in the oceans than ever before in mans history. Plants and vegetables are made in chemical factories that change the DNA of the seeds. Just ask a farmer what they did. So, take a deep breath and smell the air. That's as clean as it will ever be and only getting worse. Soon we will be paying taxes on our carbon footprint... What?!? They finally found a way to charge us for the air we breathe. It's not Revelations, its humans. More than likely the birds flew thru a toxic gas cloud that some factory puked out. It can also be that they all ate or drank from a toxic source. But you won't ever hear about that. It will always be printed as a mystery of nature. A little known fact, the sky was actually more blue when you were a kid. There were more pollinating bees when you were a kid. More crickets and grasshoppers, more butterflies, and more birds. Every species on the planet is dwindling except the human population. Trees, plants, and animals. All of them dying for our existence. Truly one day there won't be much left. Research what happened to the people of Easter Island. They cut down all the trees on their island and ate all the animals until the whole colony just disappeared. No doubt about it. This planet and the people on it will suffer greatly in the future.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93489 Oct 20, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, There is always drama where family is concerned.
I'm snuggled under the covers staying warm. I think I need a man or an electric blanket. The electric blanket will be less hassle-- right?
Sorry, but all I have is a wood burning stove cranking out the warmth along with the faint smell of burning cedar as I sit on my home-made stool drinking hot coffee and eating a donut and my old dog laying on the floor beside me. I don't reckon I need to be disturbed by a woman or an electric blanket at this point. LOL

But come back for a late breakfast of ham-eggs-home fries-grilled and buttered toast with blackberry jam... then I might be ready to entertain or tolerate some drama. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93490 Oct 20, 2013
Anne wrote:
Imposter, MissE. Hello!!
Good night to all of you.
Been watching my grandpas barn being burned. It was no longer useable and very dangerous so it was partially dismantled then a bobcat took over to pile it up ready to burn. My sister and i sat with it 7 hours and its down to the last bit. Different people stopped to snack a bit ( yes, there was food and drink) and chat a while before heading home. The wooden corn crib and a smaller barn is all that's left of grandmas and grandpas place :-(
AW: Preciois Lord, take my hand....
Good one. And "there will be peace in the valley for me...."
It is always bitter-sweet to see the passing of people and things from days gone by. Sad that they are gone, but always sweet memories.

2nd verse:
When my way groweth drear,
Precious Lord, linger near.
When my life is almost gone,
at the River I stand
Guide my feet, hold my hand
Take my hand Precious Lord, lead me home.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#93491 Oct 20, 2013
This past fall semester, at Duke University, there were two sophomores who were taking Organic Chemistry and who did pretty well on all of the quizzes, midterms, labs, etc. Going into the final exam, they had solid "A's."

These two friends were so confident going into the final that the weekend before finals week (even though the Chem. final was on Monday), they decided to go up to University of Virginia to a party with some friends.

So they did this and had a great time. However, they ended up staying longer than they planned, and they didn't make it back to Duke until early Monday morning. Rather than taking the final then, they found Professor Aldric after the final and explained to him why they missed it. They told him that they went up to Virginia for the weekend, and had planned to come back in time to study, but that they had a flat tire on the way back and didn't have a spare and couldn't get help for a long time. So they were late getting back to campus.

Aldric thought this over and agreed that they could make up the final on the following day. The two guys were elated and relieved. So, they studied that night and went in the next day at the time that Aldric had told them.

He placed them in separate rooms, handed each of them a test booklet and told them to begin. They looked at the first problem, which was something simple about free radical formation and was worth 5 points. "Cool" they thought, "this is going to be easy." They did that problem and then turned the page.

They were unprepared, however, for what they saw on the next page.

It said:(95 points) "Which tire?"
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93492 Oct 20, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but all I have is a wood burning stove cranking out the warmth along with the faint smell of burning cedar as I sit on my home-made stool drinking hot coffee and eating a donut and my old dog laying on the floor beside me. I don't reckon I need to be disturbed by a woman or an electric blanket at this point. LOL
But come back for a late breakfast of ham-eggs-home fries-grilled and buttered toast with blackberry jam... then I might be ready to entertain or tolerate some drama. LOL
Oh, blackberry jam is my favorite!
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93493 Oct 20, 2013
I had my upper chest baseline CT scan and also a bone scan last week. The results for the bone scan were not ready for my Friday doctor's appointment. We did not have a previous CT of the upper chest, so it was not any big surprise when they found more tumors in my upper lungs. BUT we did get some great news!!! The tumors in my lower lungs have decreased in size. The nurse lady was shocked that they shrunk when the only cancer treatment I have done so far was the removal of my ovaries. This tells me that my alternative medicine is doing its job. The largest tumor in my lungs is one on the right lower lobe (the kidney one is the biggest), which was previously 2.7cm x 1.4cm x 1.7cm. That one has shrunk to 2.1cm x 1.5cm x 9mm. All of the lower lobe tumors have shrunk!! Needless to say, this news has done wonders for my optimism!!! It also gives me hope that we will not need to discuss chemo after the January scans. I am all for a little chemo in early stage cancers, but not in late stage. There is research that shows that patients who refused chemo lived four times longer than those who had chemo. If the tumors start increasing again, well then I might consider some of this new targeted chemo. I will get the results next week for the bone scan. I was so tickled after that news that nothing could get me down Friday night! Saturday was spent in bed! LOLOL I was just worn out from two days of running for the scans and appointments. I am determined to beat the odds!

@Imposter - Sounds like you are doing better?

@Big Steve Thanx for the laughs.

Has anyone heard about the yellow pink salmon on the Pacific coast? They also have yellow heart parts, gill arches, and have swollen spleens and spotted livers, yummy! http://enenews.com/biologist-finds-pink-salmo...
Some one

Albany, KY

#93494 Oct 20, 2013
It's HAARP.
http://youtu.be/nODrjQUR5YU

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program is an ionospheric research program jointly funded by the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Navy, the University of Alaska, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.

Every major earthquake that has happened in recently the people see what looks like norther lights or an aurora the day before. I think Sirea or Russia is going to be seeing these lights soon. The birds and fish died along the eastern portion of the US right before Haiti had they're big one. Just food for thought.
ty

Winchester, KY

#93495 Oct 20, 2013
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
Ok
poor birdies

Morehead, KY

#93496 Oct 20, 2013
Aww poor birdies

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#93497 Oct 20, 2013
Hey bird threaders!! Another long time, no see..

OJG, I'll be praying my heart out for you honey. You've got spunk and stamina. You can beat this sucker!!! AND I KNOW YOU WILL!! God has plans for each of us.

Glad to see everyone is here and accounted for. All but AB anyway. So did I really see that she's happily "involved" now? Good for her!! <<applause>> Hope she's found "Mr Forever: and not "Mr Out For Whatever"!!

Imposter, I'm very glad to hear you're doing alright too. You and I are both suffering the same ailments apparently. How odd..... I'm hoping that I can get off of my Metaglip pretty soon. I've been really diligent about what I eat and have been trying really hard to exercise like I'm supposed to. There IS hope for the diabetes problem I have. The ticker problem, probably not. It is what it is. But we can do the best we can to make sure another day comes around for us.. I'm kind of partial to these pretty Kentucky sunrises.

I have a lot to catch up on here. I was WAY behind with the goings on of this thread again. During pretty weather it's hard to sit at a keyboard. So you all have a wonderful evening. I'll be back after I catch up on some of the other threads for a while that I enjoy visiting.

Hope someone is awake to talk to later, LOL!!!

_-_Nope_-_
(Not *POOFING* just yet)
That was for you, Imposter, before you called me on it, hahahahaha!!

Location hidden

#93498 Oct 20, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but all I have is a wood burning stove cranking out the warmth along with the faint smell of burning cedar as I sit on my home-made stool drinking hot coffee and eating a donut and my old dog laying on the floor beside me. I don't reckon I need to be disturbed by a woman or an electric blanket at this point. LOL

Sounds like a good offer-- also sounds delicious!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93499 Oct 20, 2013
@ OJP, Sounds to me like your alternative approach is working;) I am very pleased for you to make such progress.
Between your Salmon story and AW's simple delights of yesterday, I will be making some challah bread tomorrow. More blessings being sent your way:)
Nice evening.
backndaday

United States

#93500 Oct 20, 2013
Sad
listening

Tampa, FL

#93501 Oct 20, 2013
Gone put not forgotten ... its funny how people start listening once ones gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
praying it's all a lie 58 min Mr who 1
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 1 hr suz 19
Angie Bays (Sep '10) 2 hr rowlow 32
Night life in Barbourville 3 hr Darren 4
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 3 hr Darren 224
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Known Fact 132,123
food stamp office 4 hr Client 13
dinky phipps 5 hr friend 15
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:36 am PST

NBC Sports10:36AM
Dalton sick as Bengals get ready for Pittsburgh - NBC Sports
NFL10:45 AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?