Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
78,501 - 78,520 of 81,570 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

We played those games at school. During our family gatherings we didnt have enough cousins to play anything except hide and seek. The older boy cousins would borrow my bb gun and once they shot the cabbages-still in the garden, mind you-full of bb's. Grandma was rather surprised when she cooked one for supper! We did have a great yard for catching lightning bugs--as we called them. Unfortunately my kids and my nephews were so far apart in age that they missed all that comraderie. When my oldest was 15, the second was 10, one nephew was 5 and the other was a newborn :-(
We do have a family reunion every summer but we are so small in number that we invite the outlaws and inlaws.. Lol. Even My cousins ex- daughter inlaw comes and brings her new family! All the kids love swimming in the farm pond and the older adults sit in the shaded yard and watch. Lol The food? Oh yeah!
Headed out today for an over nite visit with friends in the great state of KY. All you in eastern KY be sure to wave at my grand kids as they head that direction to visit the other side of their family! Leaves should be brilliant and at their best during our travels! Have a wonderful day!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Pretty quiet in here after DC posted his bias toward skinny rodents and got the blackboard erased. LOL
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Wondered what happened to this place :-(

Good Morning! It's not my choice to be awake at this hour, but the alarm had been set to go off so I was the victim.
. Isn't that rain I hear?--checking out window-- Yep.
Another :-(
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
How come you were the victim? Not raining in these parts at the moment , but Lord knows we could use it .@ Anne make sure you only have your alarm set for days that you need to get up.
Well good folks it's off to the stand I go .
That AW is a fake.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

If you really want to be my clone, you better switch your location to Lexington, Nicholasville, Versailles, or Berea and grow up in the process LOL.
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

@whom it may concern: The alarm clock is not my own. It belongs to the lovely(?) motel. I always use my phone alarm if I need to get up at a different time than I normally rise to shine.
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
If you really want to be my clone, you better switch your location to Lexington, Nicholasville, Versailles, or Berea and grow up in the process LOL.
Tell you what, AW, this phone of mine has been bouncing me all over the place!! Mostly it uses United States but, as you can see, this time it's stuck me in some city again. Lol That's okay, I enjoy traveling!!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Hmmm... a late breakfast at my favorite mom and pop restaurant!!
Wow! Waitress remembers my special mix of soda(?), pop(?), carbonated cola beverage!! I haven't darkened their doors in a month or longer and havent lived in the area for years so I'm impressed! Perhaps she'll remember my same-o breakfast order! Lol
Small towns

Stanford, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Hmmm... a late breakfast at my favorite mom and pop restaurant!!
Wow! Waitress remembers my special mix of soda(?), pop(?), carbonated cola beverage!! I haven't darkened their doors in a month or longer and havent lived in the area for years so I'm impressed! Perhaps she'll remember my same-o breakfast order! Lol
One of the best things about small towns
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

I attended the Celebration of the passing on to GLORY for an old acquaintance:

Precious Lord, Take my hand
Lead me on, let me stand
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn
Through the storms, through the night
Lead me on to the Light..........
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I attended the Celebration of the passing on to GLORY for an old acquaintance:
Precious Lord, Take my hand
Lead me on, let me stand
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn
Through the storms, through the night
Lead me on to the Light..........
I hope someone would say this over me.
Dunner

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Christian wrote:
I will take all the prayers i can get!
As a human being i need all the help i can get!
<quoted text>
You are exactly right!!!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Hope everyone enjoyed their cool Autumn day.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stranger!
I've missed you
You're always like a breath of fresh air MissE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>You're always like a breath of fresh air MissE.
Thank you-- I was missing you. Are you doing well?
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you-- I was missing you. Are you doing well?
I'm fine thanks, just working through a little family drama.... Foolishness really. And there's never enough time, never enough.

Still, I'm thankful for and enjoying the crisp fall weather and colors. Beautiful, isn't it?
Goodnight MissE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I'm fine thanks, just working through a little family drama.... Foolishness really. And there's never enough time, never enough.

Still, I'm thankful for and enjoying the crisp fall weather and colors. Beautiful, isn't it?
Goodnight MissE.
Yes, There is always drama where family is concerned.
I'm snuggled under the covers staying warm. I think I need a man or an electric blanket. The electric blanket will be less hassle-- right?
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Imposter, MissE. Hello!!
Good night to all of you.
Been watching my grandpas barn being burned. It was no longer useable and very dangerous so it was partially dismantled then a bobcat took over to pile it up ready to burn. My sister and i sat with it 7 hours and its down to the last bit. Different people stopped to snack a bit ( yes, there was food and drink) and chat a while before heading home. The wooden corn crib and a smaller barn is all that's left of grandmas and grandpas place :-(

AW: Preciois Lord, take my hand....
Good one. And "there will be peace in the valley for me...."
Manofthewater

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

We did it. People. We ruined our planet. We are the worst thing to ever happen to this planet as a species. We are a virus on the planet. Tear down trees and place concrete.( the southern pine tree produces the most oxygen of most trees in the US ) We are basically ripping the lungs of the planet right out of the ground, and our fresh air with it. Just look at google earth and see how much concrete there is where there used to be forest. Going on 7 billion people. Oil tanker spills, oil wells, radioactive materials, refuse, you name it. We dump it in our oceans. Since the worlds waters circulate it affects us globally. There are less edible fish in the oceans than ever before in mans history. Plants and vegetables are made in chemical factories that change the DNA of the seeds. Just ask a farmer what they did. So, take a deep breath and smell the air. That's as clean as it will ever be and only getting worse. Soon we will be paying taxes on our carbon footprint... What?!? They finally found a way to charge us for the air we breathe. It's not Revelations, its humans. More than likely the birds flew thru a toxic gas cloud that some factory puked out. It can also be that they all ate or drank from a toxic source. But you won't ever hear about that. It will always be printed as a mystery of nature. A little known fact, the sky was actually more blue when you were a kid. There were more pollinating bees when you were a kid. More crickets and grasshoppers, more butterflies, and more birds. Every species on the planet is dwindling except the human population. Trees, plants, and animals. All of them dying for our existence. Truly one day there won't be much left. Research what happened to the people of Easter Island. They cut down all the trees on their island and ate all the animals until the whole colony just disappeared. No doubt about it. This planet and the people on it will suffer greatly in the future.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, There is always drama where family is concerned.
I'm snuggled under the covers staying warm. I think I need a man or an electric blanket. The electric blanket will be less hassle-- right?
Sorry, but all I have is a wood burning stove cranking out the warmth along with the faint smell of burning cedar as I sit on my home-made stool drinking hot coffee and eating a donut and my old dog laying on the floor beside me. I don't reckon I need to be disturbed by a woman or an electric blanket at this point. LOL

But come back for a late breakfast of ham-eggs-home fries-grilled and buttered toast with blackberry jam... then I might be ready to entertain or tolerate some drama. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Step Chid after divorce 4 min Ex Wife 1
Stivers Center fixes 7 min smokejumper 37
teresa johnson where did the thread go ? (Dec '12) 35 min Just me 4
Ky Biscuit Company 37 min GetALife 24
Any couples into SCAT??? 39 min whats up 10
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 53 min get real 128,629
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 54 min scirocco 146,213
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••