Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,731

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93421 Oct 15, 2013
Good afternoon, bird threaders.

@Anne - I loved the beach party! LOL Well, since some thought you were me...thanks for holding my spot for me. lol

@Misty - Thank you for the positive energy. I love Duck Dynasty! That is my dream family. I have never been a big TV person, but these days I have been watching too much of it. I love the new show called "Blacklist" that comes on Monday nights. I owned a bar many moons ago, so Bar Rescue with Jon Taffer on Sunday's is a big must for me too.

@AW - Abeliever has a crush, huh? That is great! I know she always wanted to find Mr. Right to enjoy life with. I am very happy for her.

Hope/Anagram and I had talked about some alternatives to help battle cancer. I always figured I would remember if the time came that I would need it, but I have forgotten. I was certain that if he was hanging out in the background that he would have responded with either healthy suggestions or commented on Iran or the US bait I threw out there.

I think it is great that the eggs are helping to pay for the feed. You are a blessing to those you are helping with their projects. There is no greater feeling than the ability to help others. I am glad you are doing good, AW. I think about you often.
Anne

Canonsburg, PA

#93422 Oct 15, 2013
@Misty. been thinking about that cabbage/carmelized onions/pasta. Well, I think that crumbled sausage would be a great addition.lol
My better half and I enjoyed a HUGE breakfast about 10am this morning. Mine was French toast, scrambled eggs/cheese, shredded hash browns, two pieces each of bacon and sausage links. Oink, oink, oink. Shame on me!
Anne

Canonsburg, PA

#93423 Oct 15, 2013
Now about my day. 6:00am. Kitchen sink fills up with water that comes from the apartment upstairs. Thank goodness we see it and grab up the biggest saucepan and start dipping it out and dumping it out the kitchen door. It was an inch from overflowing! We COULD have been sleeping! Landlord comes over and works on this problem and better half heads to work. 7am: better half heads home ( its 2 miles from the office) to check plumbing/flooding problem and to pick up forgotten lunch. One half mile from home and he hits the biggest buck ever! Lots of damage to the passengers side of his 4x4 truck. Sooo, we spent the rest of the morning working on the insurance and a rental vehicle. Btw. That's where the giant breakfast came into play-- waiting for the insurance company to work around their computers that were "down"
Anne

Canonsburg, PA

#93424 Oct 15, 2013
Now it's 9pm. Sink isn't fixed but problem is temporarily solved till the right part is located. Rental vehicle is cool. Truck is at the body shop and, as you can tell from my new location, I am no longer at the beach.
Life is good! Today was a day of many blessings.( except that I'm no longer at that wonderful beach)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93425 Oct 15, 2013
Anne wrote:
Now it's 9pm. Sink isn't fixed but problem is temporarily solved till the right part is located. Rental vehicle is cool. Truck is at the body shop and, as you can tell from my new location, I am no longer at the beach.
Life is good! Today was a day of many blessings.( except that I'm no longer at that wonderful beach)
I have around $14,000 worth of water damage here. I hope, relief comes soon for us both. My sinks are leaky underneath the cabinets. Boy, oh boy. I am glad your Hubby is unhurt;) It seems like he is from that big, scrumtious breakfast. Hopefully, your vehicle will be repaired and you both have fewer hassles.
Life is good though. Each blessing counts;) Good night and better tomorrow...
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93431 Oct 16, 2013
I know, my life is boring or uninteresting.So, I don't care of others' opinions. Life is a what we make it. Unfortunately, sometimes we fall through the cracks.
There is so much one could discuss. Hehehe. This forum has made it possible that anyone can post whatever comment or information he or she wants. It's like food if you don't want any spices keep it bland. Censorship is worse than one's honest opinion;)
Off to listen to some Iron Maiden: Run to the Hills. Hehehe.
Overcast and rainy day.
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93432 Oct 16, 2013
Good afternoon everyone.

@Anne - You certainly had a day! I am glad you better half is ok. LOL @ the fact you are not at the beach anymore...now that is a shame!

@Misty - It is starting to sound like water troubles are contagious on this thread! LOL Iron Maiden, huh? Goodness, I have not heard about them since the 1980s...Aces High.=)

Where is Imposter? A little bird told me that he is having health troubles too.

Ahhh, now they are going to stretch out the debt ceiling fears. Haven't they saved enough money from the shutdown yet? LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93433 Oct 16, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
Good afternoon everyone.
@Anne - You certainly had a day! I am glad you better half is ok. LOL @ the fact you are not at the beach anymore...now that is a shame!
@Misty - It is starting to sound like water troubles are contagious on this thread! LOL Iron Maiden, huh? Goodness, I have not heard about them since the 1980s...Aces High.=)
Where is Imposter? A little bird told me that he is having health troubles too.
Ahhh, now they are going to stretch out the debt ceiling fears. Haven't they saved enough money from the shutdown yet? LOL
Hey there. Several posts back Imposters says he's off one medicine now. Glad to hear you're familiar with Maiden. Infinite Dreams, Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Phantom of the Opera are three great songs. I watched several 2013 performances ( youtube); their musical talents have gotten so much better.Unbelievable. As a teenager I devoured so much literature- Boris Paternak,Tolsoy,Feodor Doystevsky- that music has become more of an interest now that I'm older. To each his or her own, I made it halfway through Crime and Punisment and my head hurt. lol.
As far as debt ceiling, Girl, I believe it went through the roof. SMH. If this country could listen to one, little girl Malala the world would be a better place:) Take care.Blessings to you as always;)
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93434 Oct 16, 2013
Iron Maiden is a little rough for me anymore. I do love all kinds of music, but country is usually my favorite. You can play it backwards and get your whole life back, lol, an attribute not found with other genres. I have not been listening to music much over he last few years...hmmm, that is going to have to change!

Did Imposter ever mention what is wrong?
Anne

United States

#93435 Oct 16, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I have around $14,000 worth of water damage here. I hope, relief comes soon for us both. My sinks are leaky underneath the cabinets. Boy, oh boy. I am glad your Hubby is unhurt;) It seems like he is from that big, scrumtious breakfast. Hopefully, your vehicle will be repaired and you both have fewer hassles.
Life is good though. Each blessing counts;) Good night and better tomorrow...
Water problems are killer problems. I hate them. But try looking where the leak is, take a pic of it, go to the big box hardware store and ask the informed plumbing dept associate what you need and how to do it. Then give it a shot . I've never done it but if in a bind I would. No in the wall plumbing, just the stuff that is easy to get to .
I'm tires. Drove a lot today.... Later...
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93436 Oct 16, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
Iron Maiden is a little rough for me anymore. I do love all kinds of music, but country is usually my favorite. You can play it backwards and get your whole life back, lol, an attribute not found with other genres. I have not been listening to music much over he last few years...hmmm, that is going to have to change!
Did Imposter ever mention what is wrong?
He didn't elaborate, but I do believe he has diabetes and heart problems.
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93437 Oct 16, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> He didn't elaborate, but I do believe he has diabetes and heart problems.
Well, hopefully the diabetes can be managed, but heart troubles...sheeesh!

Looks like most of the threaders have been resting on this rainy day. Have a wonderful evening, ladies.
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93438 Oct 16, 2013
Since I have not seen Big Steve.

LEARNING TO CUSS

A 6 year old and a 4 year old are raking the yard. The 6 year old asks, "You know what? I think it's about time we started learning to cuss". The 4 year old nods his head in approval. The 6 year old continues, "When we go in for breakfast, I'm gonna say something with hell and you say something with ars". The 4 year old agrees with enthusiasm. When the mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6 year old what he wants for breakfast, he replies, "Aw, hell, Mom, I guess I'll have some Cheerios". WHACK! He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen floor, gets up, and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother in hot pursuit, slapping his rear with every step. His mom locks him in his room and shouts, "You can stay there until I let you out!" She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4 year old and asks with a stern voice, "And what do YOU want for breakfast, young man?" "I don't know", he blubbers, "but you can bet your ars it won't be Cheerios"..

LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93439 Oct 16, 2013
An old man and old woman go to the doctor for a semi-annual exam. The old lady goes in first. After asking several questions the doctor inquires if she has intercourse? She says "Wait I need to go ask Herb".

"Herb, do we have intercourse" ?

"Mabel, I have told you a 1000 times, all we have is MEDICARE".

Anne

United States

#93440 Oct 16, 2013
Big Stevie! Big Stevie! Where are you when we need you??? Lol

@OJG & AW---*whisper* " those were downright funny jokes but don't wanna hurt Big Stevie's feelings".
Anne

United States

#93441 Oct 16, 2013
Whooohoo!! I'm back in the "United States" lol but one of the posts was located in Tennessee!! And to think I never even drove across that ohio river line!!

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#93443 Oct 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
Big Stevie! Big Stevie! Where are you when we need you??? Lol
@OJG & AW---*whisper* " those were downright funny jokes but don't wanna hurt Big Stevie's feelings".
Oh, that's okay, Anne! I'm happy to see others post jokes, too, because it's such a pleasant alternative to some of the more hateful rhetoric, that we find here, a lot of times. Have a wonderful day, my dear, and God bless!

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#93444 Oct 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
An old man and old woman go to the doctor for a semi-annual exam. The old lady goes in first. After asking several questions the doctor inquires if she has intercourse? She says "Wait I need to go ask Herb".
"Herb, do we have intercourse" ?
"Mabel, I have told you a 1000 times, all we have is MEDICARE".
Good one, A.W.!!! Thank you so much for sharing, and have a wonderful day, my friend!!
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#93445 Oct 17, 2013
Good jokes are always appreciated!!!
Anne

United States

#93446 Oct 17, 2013
Wow. Pretty quiet in here today!! Maybe things will liven up here shortly!!
Spent the better part of the afternoon doing some metal detecting around a spot of a home from the 1800's! Well, I held the goody bag and watched.. But it was pretty intriguing! Lots of square nails, pieces of metal from a wood cook stove, a glob of silver, pottery jar pieces, and a bowl part of an old spoon ( pewter ?). I got to keep the spoils since its my kand. We made a "date" to meet again when the Easter flowers are in full bloom so we can do a more accurate positioning of the house. Hmmm, the lady of the house always had flowers around the edge of the house. I do anyway.
Hope everyone is well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min stray-cat 132,203
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,609
teena Marie mills 2 hr Jennifer 10
any women want to meet 2 hr lookeing 1
pullets and cocerels for sale, adult Buff Orpin... (Jun '13) 11 hr Deena 4
Pamela Hatfield, Michael Ramey, Brad Combs 11 hr Mother of the Year 1
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 13 hr Butter bean 23
praying it's all a lie Thu Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating