Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81765 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93342 Oct 10, 2013
Either way-- still a sad reflection on what man can become. It's like the old radio show "The Whisperer"
What evil lurks in the heart of man ---
carp fisher

Arlington Heights, IL

#93343 Oct 10, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
Either way-- still a sad reflection on what man can become. It's like the old radio show "The Whisperer"
What evil lurks in the heart of man ---
i thought it was 'the shadow'
-" the shadow knows !"
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93344 Oct 10, 2013
carp fisher wrote:
<quoted text>i thought it was 'the shadow'
-" the shadow knows !"
It was "The Shadow", it came on right after "Johnny Dollar" (a detective) and was followed by "Gunsmoke" which was right before the Grand Old Opry and all that was on Saturday. That was the only day we were allowed to listen to the battery radio. We had no electricity.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93345 Oct 10, 2013
There's an episode of Orson Welles doing " The Shadow" voice 1938. Great voice that man had.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93346 Oct 10, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
There's an episode of Orson Welles doing " The Shadow" voice 1938. Great voice that man had.
His 1938 "War of the Worlds" program created quite a panic.

Location hidden

#93348 Oct 10, 2013
carp fisher wrote:
<quoted text>i thought it was 'the shadow'
-" the shadow knows !"
You are right! I listen to classic radio shows on satellite radio during lunch.
I got them mixed-up. I love the retro commercials--- luxe soap, war bonds and such

Location hidden

#93349 Oct 10, 2013
Today's selection is Fort Laramie with a very young Raymond Burr starring
Yuck

United States

#93351 Oct 10, 2013
I hate birds
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93353 Oct 11, 2013
I bet the birds are not real fond of you either.
qwerty

Butler, KY

#93355 Oct 11, 2013
We all have birdfeeders
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93358 Oct 11, 2013
qwerty wrote:
We all have birdfeeders
Not me, I just feed 30 chickens and they share with the birds.
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93360 Oct 11, 2013
Well the rain that's been predicted for this area has passed us by and that's all right by me :-)
We're headed to an old historical village for a candlelite tour for this evenings entertainment. Their website talks about ghosts but we will have to just wait and see about that.
"This evenings entertainment." Lol usually our entertainment is eating supper while watching a family movie, better half does his daily computer report and then its bedtime. 5:15 am comes pretty early and working 6am till 5-6pm is a full day no matter how you slice it.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93362 Oct 12, 2013
I watched an interesting concert out of Memphis last night (probably from a few years ago) called "Elvis Lives" and supposedly a 25th anniversary thing.

They had used technology to blend big screen Elvis footage with his real backup singers and musicians performing live.

I would have preferred to see more of the split screen "then and now" people and only listened to Elvis. I always liked his voice and the music but those flashy clothes and girations just were not my cup of tea. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93363 Oct 12, 2013
That concert "Elvis Lives" was from August 16, 2002 (25 years after his death) and is available on the internet.
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93365 Oct 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I watched an interesting concert out of Memphis last night (probably from a few years ago) called "Elvis Lives" and supposedly a 25th anniversary thing.

They had used technology to blend big screen Elvis footage with his real backup singers and musicians performing live.

I would have preferred to see more of the split screen "then and now" people and only listened to Elvis. I always liked his voice and the music but those flashy clothes and girations just were not my cup of tea. LOL
I always liked his voice and music but I've always had a hard time getting past the lifestyle. It was only a few years ago that I bought my first Elvis cds with gospel and Christmas. We used to stay just about a mile from Graceland but never went on a Graceland tour. Hold on. Wait. We stayed there before his death so there probably werent any/many tours.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93366 Oct 12, 2013
@Anne.. I passed by Graceland once to go fishing instead. LOL
is that you

United States

#93367 Oct 12, 2013
Music is a way to feel good and makes me dance like a fool.Flashy clothes and all capital letters are a weak form of communication like loud mouths trying to stand out.
duh

Lexington, KY

#93368 Oct 12, 2013
ok

Since: Oct 13

Xiamen, China

#93369 Oct 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is sad, but this just proves my statements that one should never put their faith in God (or anything for that matter) based on any individual preacher, teacher, or leader and one's beliefs should be better grounded. I don't plan to make it to the Final Judgement based on hanging on to anyone's coat tail.
I agree with your point of view.
joanna

West Liberty, KY

#93370 Oct 12, 2013
wow!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min ChromiuMan 137,671
Samantha Mills 20 min Yeti 1
T and B auto service 1 hr bargainhunter 3
Knox county school attorney qualified 2 hr Jack 4
Charles Arthur Wombles II (Mar '14) 3 hr jenny19 21
Ralph smith 5 hr HE BRAGGED 5
does anyone know ernest gordon (Apr '11) 6 hr Been There 3
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]