Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,635

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Anne

Silver Spring, MD

#93261 Oct 4, 2013
Anne wrote:
Been rather crazy with my ISP and this iPhone . Sometimes it simply won't . So something's going on. Local library is having a Great book sale and I bought about 15 books. Nothing in depth. Just cook books. Oh, oh, for one of the cook books Senator barrack Obama wrote the forward. Anyway just cookbooks and some light pleasure reading. Much is waiting so later...
MUCH?? MUCH? How about LUNCH! Lol. It's just a McDonald's #1 meal. It's crowded in here so I'm sitting in the kids play area listening to the dog song
B. I. N. G. O. Was his name,oh! Lol
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93263 Oct 4, 2013
Hey, Anne, enjoy your lunch and the day. It is gorgeous here in eastern Ky. Anyway, I like the oatmeal that was added to the menu. Hehehe. I love walnuts in general and almonds and pecans, macadamia nuts. Makes me think of that 'I'm a Nut' song. Hope, you find some interesting tidbits in your books.
Fine day to you. Hope your service improves soon;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93265 Oct 4, 2013
Date Night. Cinderella is coming back for her shoe, dinner, and to watch Gary Cooper in "The Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell" who is regarded as the father of the U.S. Air Force.

After WW1, he was court-martialed for insubordination when he accused the Navy of investing in battleships rather than aircraft carriers; saying that the next war would be won or lost by air power.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93266 Oct 4, 2013
Anne wrote:
The oatmeal is my better halfs favorite breakfast item. I was thinking it could rain here but it's straightened up somewhat . I love almonds, pecans and macadamia nuts also. Headed for the grocery in a few so may pick some up.. Now! See what you did!! Lol
I like to eat at home and for a quick breakfast I sometimes enjoy the QUaker Instant Raisin, Date, & Walnut oatmeal. It requires no sweetner, just nuke in a little milk for 30 seconds. Some of the other flavors do not suit my taste.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93267 Oct 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Date Night. Cinderella is coming back for her shoe, dinner, and to watch Gary Cooper in "The Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell" who is regarded as the father of the U.S. Air Force.

After WW1, he was court-martialed for insubordination when he accused the Navy of investing in battleships rather than aircraft carriers; saying that the next war would be won or lost by air power.
Have a great date night!
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93268 Oct 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to eat at home and for a quick breakfast I sometimes enjoy the QUaker Instant Raisin, Date, & Walnut oatmeal. It requires no sweetner, just nuke in a little milk for 30 seconds. Some of the other flavors do not suit my taste.
That sounds like something my better half would like. I'll get some stored up before I head back south.

Hope date night works out great! We had a pizza and now the movie...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93269 Oct 5, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like something my better half would like. I'll get some stored up before I head back south.
Hope date night works out great! We had a pizza and now the movie...
It was a good night. My dinner was lemon-pepper tilapia with macaroni-cheese and steamed brocoli and toasted garlic bread. Movie was old but interesting.

If the movie was accurate, Billy Mitchell predicted (by numerous letters to the General-Staff that were just ignored and they considered him to be just an insubordinate nutcase) the bombing of Pearl Harbor 18 years before it actually happened. He deliberately forced the courts-martial so as to bring attention to the need for an Air Force and he felt that service to his country was more important than continuing to wear the Army uniform.

I have always liked Gary Cooper and the prosecuting attorney was a very young Rod Steiger and a key witness for the defense was from none other than one of the late wife's favorite shows.. Elizabeth Montgomery ---Samantha of "Bewitched" . LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93270 Oct 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It was a good night. My dinner was lemon-pepper tilapia with macaroni-cheese and steamed brocoli and toasted garlic bread. Movie was old but interesting.
If the movie was accurate, Billy Mitchell predicted (by numerous letters to the General-Staff that were just ignored and they considered him to be just an insubordinate nutcase) the bombing of Pearl Harbor 18 years before it actually happened. He deliberately forced the courts-martial so as to bring attention to the need for an Air Force and he felt that service to his country was more important than continuing to wear the Army uniform.
I have always liked Gary Cooper and the prosecuting attorney was a very young Rod Steiger and a key witness for the defense was from none other than one of the late wife's favorite shows.. Elizabeth Montgomery ---Samantha of "Bewitched" . LOL
Very interesting movie, might try to find it on dvd. Oh, Bewitched is a favorite of mine.lol. I really like Elizabeth Montgomery and the woman who played her Mother;) Cloudy this morning, chance of rain here,The birds are excitedly chirping. Blessings.
truth

Euless, TX

#93273 Oct 5, 2013
Still falling?

Location hidden

#93274 Oct 5, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting movie, might try to find it on dvd. Oh, Bewitched is a favorite of mine.lol. I really like Elizabeth Montgomery and the woman who played her Mother;) Cloudy this morning, chance of rain here,The birds are excitedly chirping. Blessings.
When I was little, I would watch Bewitch and try to concentrate real real hard and wiggle my nose. In the end, I always had to clean up my own room with my hands. But I tried!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93275 Oct 5, 2013
There's a statue of Elizabeth Montgomery/ Samantha in Salem, Mass. I believe, it was erected in 2005.
Beautiful Autumn evening. I am loving the red hues of these leaves. Reminiscing and watching the final seasons of The Andy Griffith Show. I really enjoy Claire, the organ player. She woos a fella with a song. The church gets their used organ. Hehehe.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93276 Oct 5, 2013
@Misty.. that movie first came out in 1955 but was remastered in 1989. You might find "The Court Martial of Billy Mitchell" on DVD, I have it on VHS but not watched it in about 10 years and surprised it still works. you might can order it online or through Netflix.

Some good reading about him can be found via Google. He had been familiar with the Russo-Japanese and predicted that the Japanese would be able to launch airplanes off the decks of ships and attack Pearl Harbor. The big-wigs from the Army and Navy considered him to be nuts and that his statements would antagonize our "friends" and no airplane would be able to sink a battleship.

I suppose Douglas McArthur had some revised thinking later. He actually was a member of the court martial board.

I have a bit more interest in that history since I spent 4 years in the Air Force during the Vietnam Era and fortunately was assigned to develop computer software for the maintenance and repair of F-105 fighter jets and never had to be involved in any actual fighting. GOD has blessed me to not be counted among all the names on the WALL.
Playitagainsam

Branson, MO

#93277 Oct 5, 2013
What
Anne

Brooklyn, NY

#93278 Oct 5, 2013
Well, AW! Just left the grocery store and have a bag with Quakers raisin walnut dates oatmeal . Showed it to my better half and he exclaimed, "oh, that'll be good" Do u know my man or what? Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93279 Oct 5, 2013
Playitagainsam wrote:
What
Humprey Bogart?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93280 Oct 5, 2013
Tornado warnings in Paducah and Smithland

Location hidden

#93281 Oct 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Tornado warnings in Paducah and Smithland
Everyone stay safe
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93282 Oct 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Misty.. that movie first came out in 1955 but was remastered in 1989. You might find "The Court Martial of Billy Mitchell" on DVD, I have it on VHS but not watched it in about 10 years and surprised it still works. you might can order it online or through Netflix.
Some good reading about him can be found via Google. He had been familiar with the Russo-Japanese and predicted that the Japanese would be able to launch airplanes off the decks of ships and attack Pearl Harbor. The big-wigs from the Army and Navy considered him to be nuts and that his statements would antagonize our "friends" and no airplane would be able to sink a battleship.
I suppose Douglas McArthur had some revised thinking later. He actually was a member of the court martial board.
I have a bit more interest in that history since I spent 4 years in the Air Force during the Vietnam Era and fortunately was assigned to develop computer software for the maintenance and repair of F-105 fighter jets and never had to be involved in any actual fighting. GOD has blessed me to not be counted among all the names on the WALL.
Your wisdom says it all. Thanks, I'll check on the title of that movie. General Billie Mitchell,
I believe, is an interesting figure. You know, it has always amazed me that this country had Japanese internment camps set up. Well, it developed as a nation with reservations as well though. Interesting life you've lived. Have a pleasant night AW;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93283 Oct 5, 2013
@ AW found a copy of that movie, used but good condition for $10 plus shipping and handling through Amazon.
Pleasant night to All. Keep safe.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93284 Oct 5, 2013
Dog wanted to hit the tree a little earlier than normal. But he was tired from working all day Saturday on helping some folks expand their living room.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 25 min Cornelius Scudmister 153,588
Bradley Hill 1 hr Mac 3
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr bloodyknuckles 5,031
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr ms_Sweeter 3,535
Joe and Teresa 3 hr Just wondering 5
Sara Stewart I Am Sucking Your Mans Big Uncut C*ck 4 hr sky 5
Tax tax and more tax 4 hr john 10
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 6 hr John boy 21
knox board of ed raising taxes 7 hr sick of taxes 88
A Rat In Knox County 16 hr Genius 8
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating