Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,719

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93270 Oct 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It was a good night. My dinner was lemon-pepper tilapia with macaroni-cheese and steamed brocoli and toasted garlic bread. Movie was old but interesting.
If the movie was accurate, Billy Mitchell predicted (by numerous letters to the General-Staff that were just ignored and they considered him to be just an insubordinate nutcase) the bombing of Pearl Harbor 18 years before it actually happened. He deliberately forced the courts-martial so as to bring attention to the need for an Air Force and he felt that service to his country was more important than continuing to wear the Army uniform.
I have always liked Gary Cooper and the prosecuting attorney was a very young Rod Steiger and a key witness for the defense was from none other than one of the late wife's favorite shows.. Elizabeth Montgomery ---Samantha of "Bewitched" . LOL
Very interesting movie, might try to find it on dvd. Oh, Bewitched is a favorite of mine.lol. I really like Elizabeth Montgomery and the woman who played her Mother;) Cloudy this morning, chance of rain here,The birds are excitedly chirping. Blessings.
truth

Euless, TX

#93273 Oct 5, 2013
Still falling?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93274 Oct 5, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting movie, might try to find it on dvd. Oh, Bewitched is a favorite of mine.lol. I really like Elizabeth Montgomery and the woman who played her Mother;) Cloudy this morning, chance of rain here,The birds are excitedly chirping. Blessings.
When I was little, I would watch Bewitch and try to concentrate real real hard and wiggle my nose. In the end, I always had to clean up my own room with my hands. But I tried!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93275 Oct 5, 2013
There's a statue of Elizabeth Montgomery/ Samantha in Salem, Mass. I believe, it was erected in 2005.
Beautiful Autumn evening. I am loving the red hues of these leaves. Reminiscing and watching the final seasons of The Andy Griffith Show. I really enjoy Claire, the organ player. She woos a fella with a song. The church gets their used organ. Hehehe.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93276 Oct 5, 2013
@Misty.. that movie first came out in 1955 but was remastered in 1989. You might find "The Court Martial of Billy Mitchell" on DVD, I have it on VHS but not watched it in about 10 years and surprised it still works. you might can order it online or through Netflix.

Some good reading about him can be found via Google. He had been familiar with the Russo-Japanese and predicted that the Japanese would be able to launch airplanes off the decks of ships and attack Pearl Harbor. The big-wigs from the Army and Navy considered him to be nuts and that his statements would antagonize our "friends" and no airplane would be able to sink a battleship.

I suppose Douglas McArthur had some revised thinking later. He actually was a member of the court martial board.

I have a bit more interest in that history since I spent 4 years in the Air Force during the Vietnam Era and fortunately was assigned to develop computer software for the maintenance and repair of F-105 fighter jets and never had to be involved in any actual fighting. GOD has blessed me to not be counted among all the names on the WALL.
Playitagainsam

Branson, MO

#93277 Oct 5, 2013
What
Anne

Brooklyn, NY

#93278 Oct 5, 2013
Well, AW! Just left the grocery store and have a bag with Quakers raisin walnut dates oatmeal . Showed it to my better half and he exclaimed, "oh, that'll be good" Do u know my man or what? Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93279 Oct 5, 2013
Playitagainsam wrote:
What
Humprey Bogart?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93280 Oct 5, 2013
Tornado warnings in Paducah and Smithland

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93281 Oct 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Tornado warnings in Paducah and Smithland
Everyone stay safe
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93282 Oct 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Misty.. that movie first came out in 1955 but was remastered in 1989. You might find "The Court Martial of Billy Mitchell" on DVD, I have it on VHS but not watched it in about 10 years and surprised it still works. you might can order it online or through Netflix.
Some good reading about him can be found via Google. He had been familiar with the Russo-Japanese and predicted that the Japanese would be able to launch airplanes off the decks of ships and attack Pearl Harbor. The big-wigs from the Army and Navy considered him to be nuts and that his statements would antagonize our "friends" and no airplane would be able to sink a battleship.
I suppose Douglas McArthur had some revised thinking later. He actually was a member of the court martial board.
I have a bit more interest in that history since I spent 4 years in the Air Force during the Vietnam Era and fortunately was assigned to develop computer software for the maintenance and repair of F-105 fighter jets and never had to be involved in any actual fighting. GOD has blessed me to not be counted among all the names on the WALL.
Your wisdom says it all. Thanks, I'll check on the title of that movie. General Billie Mitchell,
I believe, is an interesting figure. You know, it has always amazed me that this country had Japanese internment camps set up. Well, it developed as a nation with reservations as well though. Interesting life you've lived. Have a pleasant night AW;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93283 Oct 5, 2013
@ AW found a copy of that movie, used but good condition for $10 plus shipping and handling through Amazon.
Pleasant night to All. Keep safe.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93284 Oct 5, 2013
Dog wanted to hit the tree a little earlier than normal. But he was tired from working all day Saturday on helping some folks expand their living room.
Marvin

Somerset, KY

#93285 Oct 5, 2013
Hundreds of dead birds stay on Topix for years...must not be much to talk about.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93286 Oct 6, 2013
Surely glad I am no longer in South Dakota this morning. Rapid City has 23 inches of snow and Deadwood has 48 inches. A picture shows the interstate with snow piled as high as the bottom of the bridge overpass.

Downtown Louisville has flood warnings with over 5 inches of rain in the past 24 hours and still raining.

Also glad I am no longer on Dauphin Island on Mobile Bay. Boondocks looking better all the time even with heavy rain expected today,
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93288 Oct 6, 2013
No rain here today. Some would be good though.
We attended the apple and cheese festival earlier and had a very good time. The food was great! The rib eye steak sandwich was the best! We had a fresh from the oven apple dumpling topped with quick melting icecream! We sampled many types of cheeses and bought a couple types. Oh and I shouldn't forget the dutch stroopwafels. Never had them before! They are kinda like a smaller very thin waffle, sliced like a hamburger bun with delicious caramel spread between the halves. Absolutely delicious!! Lots of maple syrup, maple sugar, maple cotton candy and, get this, shagbark hickory syrup! It's made from the bark and not from the sap!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93289 Oct 6, 2013
is waving from my isolated island out in the middle of nowhere. I guess I will try to crush another coconut.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93290 Oct 6, 2013
really heavy rain hit here about dark thirty but I had already closed up the chickens for the night and decided it was not worth getting soaked to go out for ice cream.
Raven

United States

#93291 Oct 7, 2013
Is anyone else alarmed by this?
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93292 Oct 7, 2013
Helloooo....everybody okay on that little island????
Wow, you guys must've really got hit hard with the rain. Hope all is well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
truck payments 3 min okk 5
Need food badly 14 min okk 20
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 22 min yea 2
hp laptop 58 min travis 15
city of barbourville 1 hr common sense is b... 14
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 131,853
Wanted: Automatic Transmission for 2002 Chevy S... 3 hr Still Looking 5
Porsche mills 5 hr Prayers 17
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:58 am PST

NFL 6:58AM
Dez Bryant's big night headlines Week 15's awards
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports