Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81693 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93000 Sep 22, 2013
With the Civil War in decline and an effort to swing votes, Abraham Lincoln dropped his first term Vice President Hannibal Hamlin and added Andrew Johnson of Tennessee to the ticket. On Lincoln's death, Johnson became President and presided over the ratification of the 13th Amendment that abolished slavery.

Much like Lyndon Johnson of Texas who replaced John Kennedy and secured the Civil Rights Act of 1964, History tends to credit the accomplishments of these two Southern Johnsons to their predecessors.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93001 Sep 22, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Buzzzzz!
Boo Bee LOL
qwerty

Buna, TX

#93003 Sep 22, 2013
Rebecca wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You must have the secret handshake .
LOL

No, some of my posts get removed too.(Actually quite a heck of a big azz lot of em' get scrubbed.) Apparently some people don't like playing connect the dots?
qwerty

Buna, TX

#93004 Sep 22, 2013
Oglala wrote:
I just got the strangest message from "the moderators" I posted a response to qwerty's little rhyme, as above, and got admonished for posting offensive material. LOL, What the heck is next. The political correctness patrol is out of control.
That doesn't seem right. What ticked them off?
Val

Naperville, IL

#93006 Sep 22, 2013
The end is near.
Tangarendream

United States

#93008 Sep 22, 2013
Well, make the best of it!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93009 Sep 22, 2013
Val wrote:
The end is near.
No, it is just the beginning. Are you ready?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93010 Sep 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is just the beginning. Are you ready?
The end? The beginning? Where we going? Can I wear my heel? Will there be regular bathroom breaks? I'm very much a lady, but my momma taught me how to "pop a squat" on the side of the road. Should I bring the pork rinds?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93011 Sep 22, 2013
You need pork rinds for the squat? Odd indeed, tissue paper works better. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93012 Sep 22, 2013
This jet black wooly worm crawling across my hearth on the first day of Autumn indicates that I better put some more firewood in the shed.
troll patrol

Morristown, TN

#93013 Sep 23, 2013
I'm scared.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93015 Sep 23, 2013
I just hope I don't have any morning doves alight and start cooing over my back door, see a crow in my tree 3 days in a row, or break any mirrors. Where is my salt? I need to throw some over my left shoulder. LOL
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#93016 Sep 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I just hope I don't have any morning doves alight and start cooing over my back door, see a crow in my tree 3 days in a row, or break any mirrors. Where is my salt? I need to throw some over my left shoulder. LOL
Speaking of salt, tell someone or one[s]about Jesus today.People watch all of us Christians because they want what we have. YOU take the opportunity, God will speak through you. Lets all have a great day! Miss E Font, bring the pork rinds, I'll bring a bucket of corn cobs....

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#93017 Sep 23, 2013
Advice for anyone who’s discouraged:
I think that many people are cut off from "God's real gift" to us-being able to gain peace and knowledge and insight from animals. In our technology-driven life, we miss the spiritual connection that animals offer us.

A favorite quote:
"A man is truly ethical only when he obeys the compulsion to help all life which he is able to assist, and shrinks from injuring anything that lives. By respect for life we become religious in a way that is elementary, profound, and alive."

You can't put feathers on a dog and call it a chicken.

Let's Go To The Fair"

Dead Skunk
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#93018 Sep 23, 2013
Have a good day!
Anne

Hockessin, DE

#93019 Sep 23, 2013
During the Civil War, Major Whittle found himself in a fort with 1,500 men totally surrounded by General Frenchs men. He was about to surrender the fort when there was signaling from a mountain about 20 miles away. "Hold the fort for I am coming. Sherman" sooo, Major Whittles men held on another 3 hours until General Sherman's forces arrived and pushed the Confederates into retreat.( Sherman's March). Anyway a few years later Major Whittle related the battle to P.P. Bliss, a well known songwriter. The next day at a conference, Bliss wrote this on the blackboard:
Hold the fort for I am coming
Jesus signals still
Wave the answer back to heaven
By Gods grace we will
Bliss ran through the chorus a couple of times with the meeting attendees then he sang the verses and they joined in on the chorus.
The Heritage festival I visited yesterday had a gentleman from the P.P. Bliss Gospel Songwriters Museum. He presented a well thought out program of the songs of Bliss (that our gentleman sang) and corresponding scripture. Very informative. Very entertaining. Very touching.
Anne

Hockessin, DE

#93020 Sep 23, 2013
Out of Area wrote:
Dead Skunk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UejelYnVI3UXX
SKUNK WASH

1 quart 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon grease cutting detergent (dawn?)

Let set a few minutes
Do not let pet lick solution
Rinse off well
Do not store

I've not tried this. Don't want to have to try this! Lol
See, I found all sorts of things at the festival! Lol

Also the bird that goes crazy about 8am every morning? Well, I peeked out the camper door and its not a bird! A chipmunk! I think the previous campers fed this little one so I will pick up some goodies when I head out to do laundry. Hmmm.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93021 Sep 23, 2013
@ANNE.. I have that same skunk wash recipe posted near by "just in case".

Here is one for you. If you get an opportunity, look up "AMAZING GRACE". Most interesting in how and why it was written. Once I learned that, I re-read the words of that old Gospel spiritual and now visualize that storms of life can come in many fashions, but GOD's GRACE is sufficient.

Good Day to all. I think it will soon be dry enough for me to mow my little 2 acres of grass and leaves.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#93022 Sep 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@ANNE.. I have that same skunk wash recipe posted near by "just in case".
Here is one for you. If you get an opportunity, look up "AMAZING GRACE". Most interesting in how and why it was written. Once I learned that, I re-read the words of that old Gospel spiritual and now visualize that storms of life can come in many fashions, but GOD's GRACE is sufficient.
Good Day to all. I think it will soon be dry enough for me to mow my little 2 acres of grass and leaves.
How would you like to visit? You can mow 59 acres. We can only manage about 10 of these. LOL

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#93023 Sep 23, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
The end? The beginning? Where we going? Can I wear my heel? Will there be regular bathroom breaks? I'm very much a lady, but my momma taught me how to "pop a squat" on the side of the road. Should I bring the pork rinds?
Pork rinds. Never heard of using that. I found leaves. Boiled or deep fried? LOL Watch out for poison ivy. I learned the hard way this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min newpost 152,048
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 2 hr Donald 58
KC Has a new Basketball Coach!!! (Jul '15) 3 hr panther 66
Grand Jury indicts Dexter Smith for perjury 4 hr Quantummist 36
All the junky dead beats 9 hr Totally 1
Lice in bounce house bouncers ! 9 hr Party mom 6
No regrets 9 hr Good life 12

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages