Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Anne

United States

#92865 Sep 18, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>No. Big imagination maybe.
Big ego? No mam, Not at all.
s.
Welllll, just giving you a hard way to go because of all the caps you used on the EXTREMELY. Lol
The county I live in is one of the poorest in the state. But it's interesting that we pay more in income taxes here than we did in a more "affluent" area.
That part you wrote about being friendly and saying hello to those you meet? HA! Same thing happens around here. I will admit that my mind is sometimes miles away and I just walk past someone I know and I don't even see them . How rude of me!!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#92866 Sep 18, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Misty take a look online at Union General William Tecumseh Sherman and tell me what you think? I am torn between whether he looks like Clint Eastwood (when he was appearing in the Spaghetti Westerns) or if he looks more like Merle Haggard? In either case, I prefer to look at Loretta Swit even though she is 75 years old LOL
AW, spitting image of Merle Haggard. Sherman and Haggard look like brothers:)
Imposter

London, KY

#92867 Sep 18, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Welllll, just giving you a hard way to go because of all the caps you used on the EXTREMELY. Lol
The county I live in is one of the poorest in the state. But it's interesting that we pay more in income taxes here than we did in a more "affluent" area.
That part you wrote about being friendly and saying hello to those you meet? HA! Same thing happens around here. I will admit that my mind is sometimes miles away and I just walk past someone I know and I don't even see them . How rude of me!!!
Touche, Wont rattle so easily eh?~Removes microscope- brings out magnifying glass~

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92868 Sep 18, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>AW, spitting image of Merle Haggard. Sherman and Haggard look like brothers:)
Trying to imagine Sherman singing
"Silver wings shining in the sunlight......"
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92869 Sep 18, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> AW, spitting image of Merle Haggard. Sherman and Haggard look like brothers:)
I wonder if Sherman could sing "If We Make it Through December" or join George in singing "We Musta be Drunk when we said we'd quit drinking"? LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92870 Sep 18, 2013
Thans Misty for your opinion, I thought he looked a lot like Eastwood in "The Outlaw Josie Wales"... one of my favorites.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92871 Sep 18, 2013
dang, this arthitic finger can't even say "Thanks" lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92872 Sep 18, 2013
Sherman supposedly bypassed sacking Savannah and the gossip mongers claimed it was because he had a lady friend that lived there not far from where Joe Namath later wanted to turn an historic house into a nightclub (without success).
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#92873 Sep 18, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Thans Misty for your opinion, I thought he looked a lot like Eastwood in "The Outlaw Josie Wales"... one of my favorites.
That's a good movie;) I like Pale Rider as well...Nothing like a good piece of hickory. Or something like that.
You and dog have a goodnight:) And hopefully the early morn won't be too chilly for you.
what now

United States

#92874 Sep 18, 2013
Thank you Ancient Wolf and all, for talking my ears off lol. I always feel better. Canning season just might be all done, maybe grapes, carrots still. Fryer chickens butchered. I think the hay is all done, that was not my category at all but to see to it mom's barn gets filled up. Still got trees to saw up. Can't seem to get away from the trees. Also, now where is that old rake?
I spread an old bedsheet and load it up, lots of loads, and instead of dumping the leaves out by the creek, I burn them because it smells so good and set and watch the fire.
I am trying to venture out and see other people these days too. I see people from way back and we get to talking and remember about all these other people to look up too, so hopefully, I get to look up cousins, and visit aunts and uncles.
Well, it's so late I am surely the only one around again, feels like an empty hall, so I will say 'goodnight all' and go on off to sleep too.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#92875 Sep 18, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy!" :-)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92876 Sep 19, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> That's a good movie;) I like Pale Rider as well...Nothing like a good piece of hickory. Or something like that.
You and dog have a goodnight:) And hopefully the early morn won't be too chilly for you.
The only Musical movie I ever really liked was with him and Lee Marvin as "podners" in "Paint Your Wagons". It starts out with Eastwood's brother getting killed when a wagon runs off the side of a mountain and when they are digging his grave, they strike GOLD. They heave the body up in the air and off the side of the mountain and the movie just goes downhill from there. Lee Marvin was an old drunk and Eastwood was a farmer. Movie was quite silly in some parts.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92877 Sep 19, 2013
what now wrote:
Thank you Ancient Wolf and all, for talking my ears off lol. I always feel better. Canning season just might be all done, maybe grapes, carrots still. Fryer chickens butchered. I think the hay is all done, that was not my category at all but to see to it mom's barn gets filled up. Still got trees to saw up. Can't seem to get away from the trees. Also, now where is that old rake?
I spread an old bedsheet and load it up, lots of loads, and instead of dumping the leaves out by the creek, I burn them because it smells so good and set and watch the fire.
I am trying to venture out and see other people these days too. I see people from way back and we get to talking and remember about all these other people to look up too, so hopefully, I get to look up cousins, and visit aunts and uncles.
Well, it's so late I am surely the only one around again, feels like an empty hall, so I will say 'goodnight all' and go on off to sleep too.
Yep, soon be time to gather my walnuts and hickory nuts and spread them out to dry so this winter I can sit around my fire, read my books, crack nuts, pop some corn, bring in more firewood, carry out the ashes and Thank the GOOD LORD for each and every day that I can sit here thinking about all those people slipping and sliding trying to get somewhere to work for the man or those old ladies that see a cloud and think they better rush out to stock up on toilet paper. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92878 Sep 19, 2013
Submarine of the Civil War... I have often wondered how the first known submarine arrived at it's target since it had no steam power. I just now read that the Confederate CSS Hundley was towed to within about a mile of the target area and then "hand cranked" by the crew to turn the propeller shaft to finish the remaining distance.

Risky business since if they were successful in sinking an enemy ship, the spar pole that contained the explosive would be above them and might (and did) take them out as well, or the suction of the sinking enemy ship might drag them down also. And if neither of those things happened, then they had to get away with manual cranking from any other approaching enemy vessels since they only had the one explosive.

Fairly much a suicide mission.
Imposter

London, KY

#92879 Sep 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Submarine of the Civil War... I have often wondered how the first known submarine arrived at it's target since it had no steam power. I just now read that the Confederate CSS Hundley was towed to within about a mile of the target area and then "hand cranked" by the crew to turn the propeller shaft to finish the remaining distance.
Risky business since if they were successful in sinking an enemy ship, the spar pole that contained the explosive would be above them and might (and did) take them out as well, or the suction of the sinking enemy ship might drag them down also. And if neither of those things happened, then they had to get away with manual cranking from any other approaching enemy vessels since they only had the one explosive.
Fairly much a suicide mission.
Rebel Kamikazes? They must have been pretty brave and really believe in what they were fighting for. A watery death seems like a horrifying fate to me.
So you're saying that the explosive charge did kill the sub crew?
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#92880 Sep 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, soon be time to gather my walnuts and hickory nuts and spread them out to dry so this winter I can sit around my fire, read my books, crack nuts, pop some corn, bring in more firewood, carry out the ashes and Thank the GOOD LORD for each and every day that I can sit here thinking about all those people slipping and sliding trying to get somewhere to work for the man or those old ladies that see a cloud and think they better rush out to stock up on toilet paper. LOL
Perhaps have you a walnut cake on the side. Lol. Your place sure sounds like what home really means;) Blessings to you as always. Off to have another cup of joe. And listen to these birds tweeting. They sure are busy today singing in their choir. Have a nice one.
Imposter

London, KY

#92881 Sep 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a girlfriend like that, if it so much as clouded up she had to run to the store for milk, bread, toilet paper ect.

Do you think you would ever take one again Wolf, I mean as a live in or even marry one again? I doubt if I will, Don't get me wrong:
I love women but I doubt if one will ever do much more than pass through, maybe put a dent in a pillow here, every now and then.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92882 Sep 19, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I had a girlfriend like that, if it so much as clouded up she had to run to the store for milk, bread, toilet paper ect.

Do you think you would ever take one again Wolf, I mean as a live in or even marry one again? I doubt if I will, Don't get me wrong:
I love women but I doubt if one will ever do much more than pass through, maybe put a dent in a pillow here, every now and then.
Why Imposter-- with romantic silver tongued talk like that, I just fall more for you everyday.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92883 Sep 19, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Rebel Kamikazes? They must have been pretty brave and really believe in what they were fighting for. A watery death seems like a horrifying fate to me.
So you're saying that the explosive charge did kill the sub crew?
Yes, Lt. Dixon and his 6 man crew.
Imposter

London, KY

#92884 Sep 19, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Imposter-- with romantic silver tongued talk like that, I just fall more for you everyday.
Doh!
:/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
German shepard 9 min Jackie 3
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 28 min Jack 221
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 39 min Known Fact 131,906
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 2 hr user 12
Porsche mills 5 hr sad days 25
barbourville affordabe funeral home (Oct '08) 6 hr someone who knows 109
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 8 hr Junes son Jeff Va... 4
To the Garland family 15 hr Friend 5
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... Fri Get a life 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Fri billy 183
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night