Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
78,001 - 78,020 of 81,562 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah me too. The first snow isn't that far off really. Good news, the woolly bears are few and light colored this year. That's a sign of a mild winter, watch and see. The fact that there are few of them actually tells more than the color as far as predicting seasons. Population control in the bug world.
I'm off today nursing this ear infection. Bored to death. I hope I can handle retirement when I finally get lucky enough to get there. I'll be taking pole dancing down at the senior center and underwater basket weaving.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

If I see crickets on the hearth or woodpeckers sharing a tree in October I'll let you know. That would override the caterpillar's prediction.

I forecast a long mild fall, leading into a short mild but rather wet winter, the signs indicate it'll be pretty rainy precipitation wise with at least three heavy snows and a couple of light snows. Then an early spring.

Now lets see if I am correct.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>And that stipend doesn't go very far at all does it?
The power company is an evil evil entity. They're price gougers I tell you.
They shut down all the coal mines destroying the economy in my stomping grounds, fined power plants that use coal into bankruptcy, and then let the power companies raise their rates as they see fit. Robbers is what they are Wolf. My electric bill was nigh on 200 bucks this month. Coal oil lamps are looking better and better to me.
No, it does not go far at all. Between the bills, and the Dollar Store, and the gas station; the remaining stipend for the month is exactly $18.39. The hens better get busy so I can sell a few eggs besides the ones that I give away to those with even less stipend than my vast fortune. But dog and I and the chickens won't be starving for at least 3 more weeks. LOL That last week gets pretty tight. And our good buddy thought I was a drunk, heck $18.39 won't even hardly get you a good buzz. hehehe
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, had a good young handsome man like that. Loved mowing, painting etc. the ladies would sit in the shade watching him while sipping their lemon aid and wearing floppy summer hats... We called him our lawn ornament . Oh, yeah!!!
Women get pregnant?? Really? Imagine that. Seventy six year old Neighbor man keeps getting asked if that's his young grandchild... Nope it's his 6 year old son!! Ya know... Never thought of it like this before but maybe it took him. 70 years to get it figured out???
So you're EXTREMELY good looking?? Big ego?
:-)
Clint Eastwood comes to mind. Hehehe. His youngest is 17 and he's in his 80's. That Clint plays jazz piano as well as is fluent in Italian. Now, if there ever was eye candy. Lol. He really did.I guess, he made a lot of Ladies day by all those children.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Our family had some fresh honey this morning. Dad finally got some pints and quarts. He sent a quart my way;) Dark, amber and tastes good. Slight burn to the back of throat if you take a bite by itself.
Hope all is well with Roaming; she sure is missed. Now, that is one busy Lady. Lovely heart.
@ Imposter, good to know your smiles and jovial spirit puts those sour pusses in their places. I have to contend with a few my self, meow, I say. Hehehe.Those bluetooth devices will allow you to voice activate numbers on your phone as well. They sure come in handy for arthritic or busy fingers especially while driving or dishes.Hehehe. Modern conveniences help a lot;)
A cloudy, rainy day. Hear a few birds in the distant trees. Blessings to All, and good health. Hope those families in Colorado get back on their feet. That flooding sure was quite a disaster around 19,000 homes destroyed. Good day.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Clint Eastwood comes to mind. Hehehe. His youngest is 17 and he's in his 80's. That Clint plays jazz piano as well as is fluent in Italian. Now, if there ever was eye candy. Lol. He really did.I guess, he made a lot of Ladies day by all those children.
Misty take a look online at Union General William Tecumseh Sherman and tell me what you think? I am torn between whether he looks like Clint Eastwood (when he was appearing in the Spaghetti Westerns) or if he looks more like Merle Haggard? In either case, I prefer to look at Loretta Swit even though she is 75 years old LOL
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Sherman looks like a mean feller to me. That Scoalfeild guy almost got busted out of west point for allowing subordinate officer candidates to write dirty jokes on the chalk board. They actually booted him out but he one an appeal, was accepted back in and graduated.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

The 1979 picture of Eastwood with the full beard is the one I think Sherman resembles. The scowl makes it appear so.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

It sure does its uncanny.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

I don't see any stories either
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>No. Big imagination maybe.
Big ego? No mam, Not at all.
s.
Welllll, just giving you a hard way to go because of all the caps you used on the EXTREMELY. Lol
The county I live in is one of the poorest in the state. But it's interesting that we pay more in income taxes here than we did in a more "affluent" area.
That part you wrote about being friendly and saying hello to those you meet? HA! Same thing happens around here. I will admit that my mind is sometimes miles away and I just walk past someone I know and I don't even see them . How rude of me!!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Misty take a look online at Union General William Tecumseh Sherman and tell me what you think? I am torn between whether he looks like Clint Eastwood (when he was appearing in the Spaghetti Westerns) or if he looks more like Merle Haggard? In either case, I prefer to look at Loretta Swit even though she is 75 years old LOL
AW, spitting image of Merle Haggard. Sherman and Haggard look like brothers:)
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Welllll, just giving you a hard way to go because of all the caps you used on the EXTREMELY. Lol
The county I live in is one of the poorest in the state. But it's interesting that we pay more in income taxes here than we did in a more "affluent" area.
That part you wrote about being friendly and saying hello to those you meet? HA! Same thing happens around here. I will admit that my mind is sometimes miles away and I just walk past someone I know and I don't even see them . How rude of me!!!
Touche, Wont rattle so easily eh?~Removes microscope- brings out magnifying glass~

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>AW, spitting image of Merle Haggard. Sherman and Haggard look like brothers:)
Trying to imagine Sherman singing
"Silver wings shining in the sunlight......"
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> AW, spitting image of Merle Haggard. Sherman and Haggard look like brothers:)
I wonder if Sherman could sing "If We Make it Through December" or join George in singing "We Musta be Drunk when we said we'd quit drinking"? LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Thans Misty for your opinion, I thought he looked a lot like Eastwood in "The Outlaw Josie Wales"... one of my favorites.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

dang, this arthitic finger can't even say "Thanks" lol
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Sherman supposedly bypassed sacking Savannah and the gossip mongers claimed it was because he had a lady friend that lived there not far from where Joe Namath later wanted to turn an historic house into a nightclub (without success).
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Thans Misty for your opinion, I thought he looked a lot like Eastwood in "The Outlaw Josie Wales"... one of my favorites.
That's a good movie;) I like Pale Rider as well...Nothing like a good piece of hickory. Or something like that.
You and dog have a goodnight:) And hopefully the early morn won't be too chilly for you.
what now

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Thank you Ancient Wolf and all, for talking my ears off lol. I always feel better. Canning season just might be all done, maybe grapes, carrots still. Fryer chickens butchered. I think the hay is all done, that was not my category at all but to see to it mom's barn gets filled up. Still got trees to saw up. Can't seem to get away from the trees. Also, now where is that old rake?
I spread an old bedsheet and load it up, lots of loads, and instead of dumping the leaves out by the creek, I burn them because it smells so good and set and watch the fire.
I am trying to venture out and see other people these days too. I see people from way back and we get to talking and remember about all these other people to look up too, so hopefully, I get to look up cousins, and visit aunts and uncles.
Well, it's so late I am surely the only one around again, feels like an empty hall, so I will say 'goodnight all' and go on off to sleep too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min JOE NASTY 146,972
Looking for place to rent! 1 hr guy 2
Corn for Sale 2 hr gator 7
i miss my amy 2 hr Amy 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Objective Onlooker 128,950
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 4 hr Hand Unloads 3
Dentist AJ Smith 4 hr Been there 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search