Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,724

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Imposter

London, KY

#92817 Sep 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoowee!!! Sorry I don't know the answer to that one. It was my daughters classes towards her masters so she certainly would know but my classes were old fashion classes. You know, sit in the chair and listen to the teacher. Maybe someone else on here would know..
Here's my take on that:
They go around a week or two before FA disbursement to on campus classes (on my home campus)and have the professors give them a list of all participating students, so...my advice would be keep working on assignments due before the sixth week of regular studies, and forget assignments due on or after the sixth week in the classes you intend to drop. They'll keep you in "meets" SAP status unless they absolutely have to put you on probation, then change you to "dont meet" SAP status in worst case scenarios. They want all of that money they can get. Its what makes the world go around.... and pays the big chiefs. As long as you can graduate in under 90 attempted credits (counting the ones you withdraw from mind you) you are good as far as an AA or AS major goes. If a declared major is future completion of a certificate program you only get 45 attempted credits, so you have less leeway in those. Hope that helps.
Imposter

London, KY

#92818 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the same problem with Siri. I have a heavy southern belle draw and it comes up with some sentences that leaves me laughing. It's good entertainment sometimes
Nany I left the mic on once cause I had to leave the room in a hurry chasing a wild Indian and when I came back it had wrote a page-full by itself! No TV no radio on, what it wrote actually made sense, it was mostly spiritual stuff. Kind of creepy really. It mentioned graveyard several times. Do do do do lol It was wild stuff!
Burp

Grafton, OH

#92819 Sep 17, 2013
hi
Imposter

London, KY

#92820 Sep 17, 2013
Burp wrote:
hi
Fart, bye.
Imposter

London, KY

#92821 Sep 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
AW, just want you to keep posting the civil war tidbits! Thanks ! Like Miss E , I especially appreciate the ones on the female roles.
But I would like to read his take on the battle of Nashville, and that Scolfeild guy...its my turn! My AW- mine! LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92822 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Nany I left the mic on once cause I had to leave the room in a hurry chasing a wild Indian and when I came back it had wrote a page-full by itself! No TV no radio on, what it wrote actually made sense, it was mostly spiritual stuff. Kind of creepy really. It mentioned graveyard several times. Do do do do lol It was wild stuff!
That would be creepy. I saw they are giving ghost tours of Whitehall mansion. Suppose to be ghost there. I would love to tour Waverly Sanatorium
Imposter

London, KY

#92823 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be creepy. I saw they are giving ghost tours of Whitehall mansion. Suppose to be ghost there. I would love to tour Waverly Sanatorium
It was a trip when it did that, scary stuff. I've been told that a relative on my dad's side of the family died in Waverly.
Anne

United States

#92824 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
You should check out Mothman of Point Pleasant WV. A family member lives in that area and ... Well, it's really strange there.
Anne

United States

#92825 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh you just need a good man experienced in blonde to massage all of that soreness out for you... One that's a good worker to do that mowing and sign hanging too.
If I run across a good man like that I'll direct him your way LOL.
Did I mention that I'm EXTREMELY good looking? Alas, I fail to meet the other criteria though, except for being experienced in blond.
The only prob I have with women is the fact that they keep getting prego for some dang reason?????? IDK ???? I just DK.
Hmmm, had a good young handsome man like that. Loved mowing, painting etc. the ladies would sit in the shade watching him while sipping their lemon aid and wearing floppy summer hats... We called him our lawn ornament . Oh, yeah!!!

Women get pregnant?? Really? Imagine that. Seventy six year old Neighbor man keeps getting asked if that's his young grandchild... Nope it's his 6 year old son!! Ya know... Never thought of it like this before but maybe it took him. 70 years to get it figured out???
So you're EXTREMELY good looking?? Big ego?
:-)
Anne

United States

#92826 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Soak in the tub and feel better!
I feel much better now.but I had a good warm shower No tub in my bathroom just a shower. It's pretty much like a car wash though

Location hidden

#92827 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>It was a trip when it did that, scary stuff. I've been told that a relative on my dad's side of the family died in Waverly.
I have read several books about the place when it was originally built and the bizarre experiments they did on TB there.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92828 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>But I would like to read his take on the battle of Nashville, and that Scolfeild guy...its my turn! My AW- mine! LOL
OK here goes. on Nov. 21, 1864 John Bell Hood's (Born in Owingsville Kentucky) Confederate Army of Tennessee Forces were coming up from Florence Alabama with purpose to defeat two Federal Garrisons at Pulaski and Nashville.(Incidentally, Pulaski is where the Ku Klux Klan first originated) Union Maj, Gen Schofield pulled 25,000 troops out of Pulaski and headed toward Columbia, an important river crossing. Hood's forces circled around Schofield and attacked from the rear forcing Schofield to retreat to Franklin,Tenn. At Franklin, the Union held their positions but withdrew to Nashville that night. Hood lost 6 Generals including Maj. Gen. Patrick Cleburne. So at that point, Schofield's Union forces were in Nashville with John Bell Hood's Rebels in Franklin.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92829 Sep 17, 2013
On Dec. 15, 1864 Schofield's forces merged with Maj. Gen. George Thomas Army of the Cumberland (Thomas was also 2nd in command at the Battle of Perryville Ky) and beat the Confederates of John Bell Hood. This was the last major battle of the Western theater.
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#92830 Sep 17, 2013
A strong current of gas is running through you, forcing you to face up to whatever is happening in your drawers and decide what you're going to do about it. It may help to discuss this with someone whose toilet you value, although you'll be just as happy to thrash things out by yourself. Either way, you'll get a real sense of satisfaction from the day's events.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92831 Sep 17, 2013
And for the ladies. Nadine Turchin traveled with her husband John Turchin, Commander of the 19th Illinois Infantry who was called before a court-martial for allowing his wife onto the battle-field as an unofficial nurse. He was found guilty but the verdict was overturned by Lincoln, but she had to remain in the rear for the following year.

After one year of boredom when her services were so badly needed, she sent a request to Army Chief of Staff (and future President) James A. Garfield and he granted her permission to be an official nurse. In her Thank You letter she said "I have never seen your face, but I promise to take care of you, like your own sister, if you happen to come under my care when sick or wounded". Unfortunately, she was not there to tend to Garfield when he was assassinated by a disappointed office-seeker in July 1881.
Imposter

London, KY

#92832 Sep 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
On Dec. 15, 1864 Schofield's forces merged with Maj. Gen. George Thomas Army of the Cumberland (Thomas was also 2nd in command at the Battle of Perryville Ky) and beat the Confederates of John Bell Hood. This was the last major battle of the Western theater.
Thank you AW. That was a good one and in a few paragraphs it clarified more than an hour long documentary did. Have you ever thought of maybe writing a compilation of civil war battles condensed like you just did?
You do have a knack for putting things into.....more understandable bites I guess is what I'm getting at. That was a good one, I've had my story so ...
Goodnight all.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92833 Sep 17, 2013
I don't have those fancy voice activated word makers. LOL Everything you see from me is typed with arthritic fingers and nothing is copy-pasted. Not too bad considering how crooked these fingers are. I can't even pick my nose without poking myself in the eye. LOL

Location hidden

#92834 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you AW. That was a good one and in a few paragraphs it clarified more than an hour long documentary did. Have you ever thought of maybe writing a compilation of civil war battles condensed like you just did?
You do have a knack for putting things into.....more understandable bites I guess is what I'm getting at. That was a good one, I've had my story so ...
Goodnight all.
Night Imposter!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92836 Sep 18, 2013
AS usual, I am the first morning poster having been awakened by a dog desiring to visit his favorite tree and the call of my roosters.

The old rooster's voice is a little shaky and he mainily sits in the shade nursing his sore foot and recalling those days when he was the "King of the Hill" giving the hens the dickens and chasing away any others that tried to ascend to his throne. Sad indeed that he now has to resort to a certain amount of deviousness to even get the hens attention. Sometimes a hen will venture over and say "Hey Big Guy, are you going to be okay"?

The middle aged rooster has a deep bass voice and now struts around with his chest all puffed out and being all proud that he has now ascended to the throne. He feels a little sorry for the old guy, but can still recall all the fights that he lost when the old guy was the KING and he is still a little cautious that the old guy just might get a burst of energy.

Little puberty rooster sort of hangs back crowing just out of fighting range of the new King and crows just enough to let the new KING know for sure that he is a rooster and not a hen. LOL

Lonely? not me, I have too much life surrounding me and if TUF were still around we would be racing to the Dollar Store with our 3rd Wednesday stipend. I would win simply because the time zone allows me to get a jump start. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92837 Sep 18, 2013
I keep thinking about Roaming and her parents. I hope all is as well. I do miss her weather reports. They generally alert me as to what might be coming my way later since I am further east.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
praying it's all a lie 49 min Mr who 1
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 1 hr suz 19
Angie Bays (Sep '10) 2 hr rowlow 32
Night life in Barbourville 3 hr Darren 4
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 3 hr Darren 224
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Known Fact 132,123
food stamp office 4 hr Client 13
dinky phipps 5 hr friend 15
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:36 am PST

NBC Sports10:36AM
Dalton sick as Bengals get ready for Pittsburgh - NBC Sports
NFL10:45 AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?