Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
77,961 - 77,980 of 81,602 Comments Last updated 18 hrs ago
Anne

United States

#92810 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
She only knew because I told her.
Blonde.')
Ok. That's insulting. Leave us blondes alone...
')

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92811 Sep 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>I am not the grammar police but I had a chuckle at the buttload of Union soldiers. Siri does absolutely crazy things to my words when I voice text and I get in trouble. So I understand how things get switched around . Lol

No rowboat for me today :-(
I mowed, I hung about 10 "no trespassing " signs , I cleaned and filled the chickens watering cans, I hurt and I ache. Those signs were rough to hang. I picked out a tree, drove the ATV very close, climbed in the ATV bed so I could reach higher and used the cordless drill to attach the plywood signs to the tree. Then I had to climb back into the drivers seat. I am old. Im not as flexible as I used to be. I hurt and I ache.
Soak in the tub and feel better!
Imposter

London, KY

#92812 Sep 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall that at all, but there was a time when my Identity was being hijacked. My biggest heated moment (and as you said, it never lasted long) was when UNA accused me of being a drunk after I said I had a couple of beers and he said no one ever had just a couple and you agreed with him. Even old "Don't Care" piped in and started calling me "Ancient Age" which was funny, because I have only had bourbon on one occasion in my life and got deathly sick instead of drunk. LOL The fact is, my belly won't hold more than a couple beers and I don't do any other alcohol at all except an occasional bloody mary and some sips of blackberry brandy in the winter. LOL
LOl I remember that ..LMAO He said Old scruffy the sobering drunk. Hhahaha Oh man. Sorry mister Scruff but it was funny where I sat.

When you threatened legal action it was because of the bird killer. Hehehe Oh man I hope you can forgive me for that, I was going through some real tuff stuff at the time AW and I took it out on everyone around me.... I am truly sorry for all of that.

Like I have said many times before, you were the hardest one to troll old pal (not just here but all forums.) You just never got really mad but once or twice and then it was only for a min, that's a troll's worst nightmare.
Larry aka LSD923 was good, but he kind of feed the beast, you on the other hand starved us out! Hehehe It's good to meet true human beings in this struggle of life, really good. Topix, in all its usual ugliness, accomplished that many times over right here. Or we did through topix, And we squeezed some good entertainment out of it in the process.
Anne

United States

#92813 Sep 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Miss E Font.. You questioned earlier about the female roles of the Civil War:
The most renowned female "saw bones" was Dr. Mary Edwards Walker who was frustrated over not being able to acquire a commission as a battlefield surgeon. One of her handicaps was her propensity to wear slacks against the traditional dress code of the day. He wore a girlish straw hat decked out with an ostrich feather.
She could perform arm and leg operations as well as any of her male counterparts and received the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1865.
AW, just want you to keep posting the civil war tidbits! Thanks ! Like Miss E , I especially appreciate the ones on the female roles.
Imposter

London, KY

#92814 Sep 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not the grammar police but I had a chuckle at the buttload of Union soldiers. Siri does absolutely crazy things to my words when I voice text and I get in trouble. So I understand how things get switched around . Lol
I mowed, I hung about 10 "no trespassing " signs , I cleaned and filled the chickens watering cans, I hurt and I ache. Those signs were rough to hang. I picked out a tree, drove the ATV very close, climbed in the ATV bed so I could reach higher and used the cordless drill to attach the plywood signs to the tree. Then I had to climb back into the drivers seat. I am old. Im not as flexible as I used to be. I hurt and I ache.
Ahh you just need a good man experienced in blonde to massage all of that soreness out for you... One that's a good worker to do that mowing and sign hanging too.
If I run across a good man like that I'll direct him your way LOL.

Did I mention that I'm EXTREMELY good looking? Alas, I fail to meet the other criteria though, except for being experienced in blond.

The only prob I have with women is the fact that they keep getting prego for some dang reason?????? IDK ???? I just DK.
Imposter

London, KY

#92815 Sep 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not the grammar police but I had a chuckle at the buttload of Union soldiers. Siri does absolutely crazy things to my words when I voice text and I get in trouble. So I understand how things get switched around . Lol
I use dragon, it does the same thing, with my southern accent further confusing the thing it has wrote some hum-dingers! I can type again now though, slowly.

Location hidden

#92816 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I use dragon, it does the same thing, with my southern accent further confusing the thing it has wrote some hum-dingers! I can type again now though, slowly.
I have the same problem with Siri. I have a heavy southern belle draw and it comes up with some sentences that leaves me laughing. It's good entertainment sometimes
Imposter

London, KY

#92817 Sep 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoowee!!! Sorry I don't know the answer to that one. It was my daughters classes towards her masters so she certainly would know but my classes were old fashion classes. You know, sit in the chair and listen to the teacher. Maybe someone else on here would know..
Here's my take on that:
They go around a week or two before FA disbursement to on campus classes (on my home campus)and have the professors give them a list of all participating students, so...my advice would be keep working on assignments due before the sixth week of regular studies, and forget assignments due on or after the sixth week in the classes you intend to drop. They'll keep you in "meets" SAP status unless they absolutely have to put you on probation, then change you to "dont meet" SAP status in worst case scenarios. They want all of that money they can get. Its what makes the world go around.... and pays the big chiefs. As long as you can graduate in under 90 attempted credits (counting the ones you withdraw from mind you) you are good as far as an AA or AS major goes. If a declared major is future completion of a certificate program you only get 45 attempted credits, so you have less leeway in those. Hope that helps.
Imposter

London, KY

#92818 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the same problem with Siri. I have a heavy southern belle draw and it comes up with some sentences that leaves me laughing. It's good entertainment sometimes
Nany I left the mic on once cause I had to leave the room in a hurry chasing a wild Indian and when I came back it had wrote a page-full by itself! No TV no radio on, what it wrote actually made sense, it was mostly spiritual stuff. Kind of creepy really. It mentioned graveyard several times. Do do do do lol It was wild stuff!
Burp

Grafton, OH

#92819 Sep 17, 2013
hi
Imposter

London, KY

#92820 Sep 17, 2013
Burp wrote:
hi
Fart, bye.
Imposter

London, KY

#92821 Sep 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
AW, just want you to keep posting the civil war tidbits! Thanks ! Like Miss E , I especially appreciate the ones on the female roles.
But I would like to read his take on the battle of Nashville, and that Scolfeild guy...its my turn! My AW- mine! LOL

Location hidden

#92822 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Nany I left the mic on once cause I had to leave the room in a hurry chasing a wild Indian and when I came back it had wrote a page-full by itself! No TV no radio on, what it wrote actually made sense, it was mostly spiritual stuff. Kind of creepy really. It mentioned graveyard several times. Do do do do lol It was wild stuff!
That would be creepy. I saw they are giving ghost tours of Whitehall mansion. Suppose to be ghost there. I would love to tour Waverly Sanatorium
Imposter

London, KY

#92823 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be creepy. I saw they are giving ghost tours of Whitehall mansion. Suppose to be ghost there. I would love to tour Waverly Sanatorium
It was a trip when it did that, scary stuff. I've been told that a relative on my dad's side of the family died in Waverly.
Anne

United States

#92824 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
You should check out Mothman of Point Pleasant WV. A family member lives in that area and ... Well, it's really strange there.
Anne

United States

#92825 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh you just need a good man experienced in blonde to massage all of that soreness out for you... One that's a good worker to do that mowing and sign hanging too.
If I run across a good man like that I'll direct him your way LOL.
Did I mention that I'm EXTREMELY good looking? Alas, I fail to meet the other criteria though, except for being experienced in blond.
The only prob I have with women is the fact that they keep getting prego for some dang reason?????? IDK ???? I just DK.
Hmmm, had a good young handsome man like that. Loved mowing, painting etc. the ladies would sit in the shade watching him while sipping their lemon aid and wearing floppy summer hats... We called him our lawn ornament . Oh, yeah!!!

Women get pregnant?? Really? Imagine that. Seventy six year old Neighbor man keeps getting asked if that's his young grandchild... Nope it's his 6 year old son!! Ya know... Never thought of it like this before but maybe it took him. 70 years to get it figured out???
So you're EXTREMELY good looking?? Big ego?
:-)
Anne

United States

#92826 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Soak in the tub and feel better!
I feel much better now.but I had a good warm shower No tub in my bathroom just a shower. It's pretty much like a car wash though

Location hidden

#92827 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>It was a trip when it did that, scary stuff. I've been told that a relative on my dad's side of the family died in Waverly.
I have read several books about the place when it was originally built and the bizarre experiments they did on TB there.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92828 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>But I would like to read his take on the battle of Nashville, and that Scolfeild guy...its my turn! My AW- mine! LOL
OK here goes. on Nov. 21, 1864 John Bell Hood's (Born in Owingsville Kentucky) Confederate Army of Tennessee Forces were coming up from Florence Alabama with purpose to defeat two Federal Garrisons at Pulaski and Nashville.(Incidentally, Pulaski is where the Ku Klux Klan first originated) Union Maj, Gen Schofield pulled 25,000 troops out of Pulaski and headed toward Columbia, an important river crossing. Hood's forces circled around Schofield and attacked from the rear forcing Schofield to retreat to Franklin,Tenn. At Franklin, the Union held their positions but withdrew to Nashville that night. Hood lost 6 Generals including Maj. Gen. Patrick Cleburne. So at that point, Schofield's Union forces were in Nashville with John Bell Hood's Rebels in Franklin.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92829 Sep 17, 2013
On Dec. 15, 1864 Schofield's forces merged with Maj. Gen. George Thomas Army of the Cumberland (Thomas was also 2nd in command at the Battle of Perryville Ky) and beat the Confederates of John Bell Hood. This was the last major battle of the Western theater.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min whisperinghope 2,127
Eddie and Stacy affair at union. 12 min boring 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min Curious 130,623
City councilman raising property Tax Next 15 min lateda 11
Kfc 17 min chickadee 9
ps3 19 min qwert 3
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Limbertwig 151,485
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info