Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
77,921 - 77,940 of 81,570 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Ky Prepper wrote:
Cross eyed crabby women. I've heard of those before.
Best kept as Ex's --

“Hope for the best”

Since: Jun 13

Prepare for the worst

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
Night everyone! My book is calling my name---
Goodnight cutie, sleep well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Ky Prepper wrote:
or—remarkably—

Wonder why that came out like that in your post? It looks like symbols from an alien language.
Next you will want to reveal how I got Stonehenge made.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
No MissiE,

We know all about Stonehenge, just the Cyrillic font explanation will suffice...:-)

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Ky Prepper wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be about birds dying?
Most of the posters that come regularly to this thread have already posted about bird deaths and other disasters, already made their preparations, and now just venture off to talk about anything and everything while waiting for the time to need their preps. The others have had ample time to prep already and we can't save everyone. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
ssshhhhhhh don't tell that or they will then want to know how I managed to get the pyramids built without modern technology. Our secret. Okay?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. It's the classics of SHTF fiction. There are some current ones based on EMP's that I have read as well. I'm the only lady in the office with a bug out bag----shhhhhh
I don't have a bug out bag since I don't plan to bug out. What I do have is a "jusi in" case.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

I see some judge-it thinks I am nuts for posting about the variations in my roosters voice pitch. Yes, some have a higher tone than others and I can identify each one by their sound even in the pre-dawn darkeness.

And yes I am nuts, venture off this topic and post about those things that interest me; but that is the perogative of this stubborn old coot and nothing has or will change. Good Day and don't foget to add the lemons.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>ssshhhhhhh don't tell that or they will then want to know how I managed to get the pyramids built without modern technology. Our secret. Okay?
I got your back! Those must have been a headache! Contractors logistical nightmare.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a bug out bag since I don't plan to bug out. What I do have is a "jusi in" case.
You are in an ideal location. Your in the place people bug out to.
I keep mine just as a good all around measure for whatever may happen. Usually in my car-- all purpose tool, fire starting item (matches, lighter) a few MRE's, bottled water, small first aid kit, change of clothes (I'm often in business attire) could you imagine walking in those heels?, a few neat items I picked up off the Internet from military surplus type stores. Nothing elaborate as many people have.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in an ideal location. Your in the place people bug out to.
I keep mine just as a good all around measure for whatever may happen. Usually in my car-- all purpose tool, fire starting item (matches, lighter) a few MRE's, bottled water, small first aid kit, change of clothes (I'm often in business attire) could you imagine walking in those heels?, a few neat items I picked up off the Internet from military surplus type stores. Nothing elaborate as many people have.
Make sure you always have plenty of gas to bug out with and proper written directions (GPS might not work) to my place where I have spare brograns, sleeping bags, fire wood, water supply, weapons, rum, Jim and Jack,and canned goods stashed.
Yes, you will need the brogans when you get here because you might twist an ankle in those heels climbing the hill to the outhouse and to help feed the chickens that will supplement the canned goods. Some practice might be required to toughen up to enable the use of corncobs though since we won't be able to bug out to replenish the TP supply and it is unlikely that Sears will be sending any more catalogues. lol
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

If the urban people down in lex starve out and large organized bands of armed scavengers (some are already pretty well organized gangs) start to rove in wider and wider patrols...ya'll head east. We've been laying up for winters and hard times for a long time and we know how to stick together in a fight. We're not to shabby when it comes to marksmanship either. Hillbillies are the original preppers.
Not that I'm worried much but if a shtf thing did hit we'd probably be some of the last to go. Unless it hit right dead on us that is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Make sure you always have plenty of gas to bug out with and proper written directions (GPS might not work) to my place where I have spare brograns, sleeping bags, fire wood, water supply, weapons, rum, Jim and Jack,and canned goods stashed.
Yes, you will need the brogans when you get here because you might twist an ankle in those heels climbing the hill to the outhouse and to help feed the chickens that will supplement the canned goods. Some practice might be required to toughen up to enable the use of corncobs though since we won't be able to bug out to replenish the TP supply and it is unlikely that Sears will be sending any more catalogues. lol
That gives new meaning to the term "roughing it"
Anne

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Back a few years ago there was a woman,(born and raised in Houdorous)in several of my college classes. They were always in political turmoil and when the sirens screamed parents drove madly to the schools to pick up their kids then headed for the mountains. Her mom kept the "running bags" in the closet by the front door. Contents? Toilet paper! Because "there's no way I'm going up in those mountains with 5 kids and no toilet paper!" Lol
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Did you row in the mists today anne? It sure was a beautiful morning.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
That gives new meaning to the term "roughing it"
There's gotta be a better way.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

When I was younger, I spent many days on the water. Once going when it was 9 degrees and it only got up to 17 degrees for a high. We had to keep dipping our tackle in the water to keep the rod eyes from freezing over. On the way back, we passed a golf course and said "Look over there at those fools knocking that little ball around as cold as it is". LOL

To each his or her own.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
If the urban people down in lex starve out and large organized bands of armed scavengers (some are already pretty well organized gangs) start to rove in wider and wider patrols...ya'll head east. We've been laying up for winters and hard times for a long time and we know how to stick together in a fight. We're not to shabby when it comes to marksmanship either. Hillbillies are the original preppers.
Not that I'm worried much but if a shtf thing did hit we'd probably be some of the last to go. Unless it hit right dead on us that is.
When I lived in Deep South Louisiana, I use to joke that if everything went bad during Y2K, they wouldn't even realize it for several years. I think the metropolitan areas would crumble quickly. They would turn in on themselves and cannibalize their own city (figuratively hopefully not literally)
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I see some judge-it thinks I am nuts for posting about the variations in my roosters voice pitch. Yes, some have a higher tone than others and I can identify each one by their sound even in the pre-dawn darkeness.
And yes I am nuts, venture off this topic and post about those things that interest me; but that is the perogative of this stubborn old coot and nothing has or will change. Good Day and don't foget to add the lemons.
I dont know who that is up in the peanut gallery and I know you never let much get to you ..BUT
Hehehe You gotta admit I got to you more than anyone else on here ever has Wolf. Come on, remember? No other "detractor" could crack you for a long LONG time, but I got you steamed ONCE, pretty good. Remember you threatened legal action and everything?

You recovered faster than I have ever seen a poster recover but you were pretty mad during the transvestite ordeal...remember?
Hey, now we can look back on it and laugh but I think I steamed you a little anyways LOL.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

I have to admit that I did see top shelf material early on too. Una and I exchanged a few PM's (very few) and I'm pretty sure we came to agree that you weren't highfalutin and stuck up at all- as we first believed. You even settled HIM down wolf, that was some feat. LOL He was one of the most determined men I've ever encountered God rest his soul. I think he was even more intelligent than he showed, and he showed a great pile of smarts- IMO.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Stivers Center fixes 12 min changes 30
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min DITCH MITCH 146,198
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min ChromiuMan 128,609
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 21 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,787
Ky Biscuit Company 1 hr fyi 21
Any couples into SCAT??? 1 hr Jimney Cricket 8
teresa johnson where did the thread go ? (Dec '12) 3 hr Just me 3
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs