Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81771 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92791 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
A lot of people accused TUFF and I of being the same poster, not true. I wish I could come up with stuff that funny, and that fast.
I know when I meet someone on here with a faster sharper mind than I ever had or ever will, it happens all the time, But old TUFF was the creme de la creme . The man was dangerous! I think he could have made someone laugh till they died if he tried.
Good old Una, gone but not forgotten.
Fond memories of my Una Fart Tater. I tried to make him chuckle when ever I could.

Location hidden

#92792 Sep 17, 2013
AW
Is there any evidence that cannibalism occurred during the civil war? I mean there was motive (hunger) and supply (dead bodies)
I think about those movies about plane crash survivors that resort to it and was wondering.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92793 Sep 17, 2013
@ I am Poster.. and you will admit that I was the first to figure out what your ID really meant. Yes you did get under my skin a few times, but it was all in fun or certainly is looking back on it. Yes UNA was brillant and we both enjoyed the challenge. Some heated moments were feigned just to egg it on to see what new stuff he could come up with. Poor old soul passed on and is sorely missed.
Imposter

London, KY

#92794 Sep 17, 2013
You are the only one to figure it out so far, and I post all around the world sometimes. That is my username on a... kind of humanities egg head forum too, none of them have figured it out either.
This time I am poster was a peer, and she's also a.... friend with benefits.
Gotts to go, later taters.
Imposter

London, KY

#92795 Sep 17, 2013
She only knew because I told her.
Blonde.')
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92796 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
AW
Is there any evidence that cannibalism occurred during the civil war? I mean there was motive (hunger) and supply (dead bodies)
I think about those movies about plane crash survivors that resort to it and was wondering.
I am not aware of any having been reported, but if there was any cannibalism it might be more expected at POW camps in Andersonville Georgia (Confederate) and Camp Morton in Indiana or Camp Douglas near Chicago.

Some good reading is "The Immortal Six Hundred".. A story of the cruelty to Confederate Prisoners of War" as told by John Odgen Murray (one of the 600) who survived on rotten cornmeal and onion pickle at Fort Pulaski, Georgia (after the Union took control) which can be visited going from Savannah out to Tybee Island.

Andersonville gets the most publicity and the Commandant (Henry Wirz) was hanged of war crimes for witholding food and medicines when the fact is that he had none. IMO Camp Douglas seemed worse because they supposedly had food to spare and still withheld it.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92797 Sep 17, 2013
With my prior posts regarding advances in technology brought about by the Civil War....

The first attempt at a submarine was done by the Confederacy in an attempt to break the Union blockade of Charleston Harbor that was starving the South. The CSS Hundley looked more like a long metal cigar than today's submarines and had a long metal spar with an explosive on the end of the spar. It ran just under the water, but not very far under. It killed no less than 33 crew members in developement tests.

It's only battle was launched just north of Charleton Harbor. It successfully sank th USS Housantonic but went down itself killing the commander Lt. George Dixon and his 6 man crew.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92798 Sep 17, 2013
@Miss E Font.. You questioned earlier about the female roles of the Civil War:

The most renowned female "saw bones" was Dr. Mary Edwards Walker who was frustrated over not being able to acquire a commission as a battlefield surgeon. One of her handicaps was her propensity to wear slacks against the traditional dress code of the day. He wore a girlish straw hat decked out with an ostrich feather.

She could perform arm and leg operations as well as any of her male counterparts and received the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1865.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92799 Sep 17, 2013
*arm and leg amputations
Need to know

London, KY

#92800 Sep 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
Back a few years ago there was a woman,(born and raised in Houdorous)in several of my college classes. They were always in political turmoil and when the sirens screamed parents drove madly to the schools to pick up their kids then headed for the mountains. Her mom kept the "running bags" in the closet by the front door. Contents? Toilet paper! Because "there's no way I'm going up in those mountains with 5 kids and no toilet paper!" Lol
Would you know if a student HAD to continue doing the homework in an online class ie. hw4,5 to avoid being counted as a no-show before the fa distribution date? Or would said student be counted as participating because he/she had completed the orientation asgnmt even though they were not up to date in the classwork? IF said student had already decided to drop the class AFTER the fa dis. date because he or she already had plenty of science credits already completed and needed to devote time to particularly hard EDU and agl, classes + another science class.
So, main question: would he/she be counted as a no show if he/she stopped completing all assignments in said class at this time or not? Thank you in advance.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92801 Sep 17, 2013
Do you boys and girls realize that there are 78'078 comments on this subject...It has taken me 6 days to read all of them...With that thought in mind...What do you think I should do now?????
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92802 Sep 17, 2013
Dr. Mary Edwards Walker's biography is available online via Google. She was the first woman to receive the Congressional Medal of Honor and the only one for next 100 years.
Imposter

London, KY

#92803 Sep 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Miss E Font.. You questioned earlier about the female roles of the Civil War:
The most renowned female "saw bones" was Dr. Mary Edwards Walker who was frustrated over not being able to acquire a commission as a battlefield surgeon. One of her handicaps was her propensity to wear slacks against the traditional dress code of the day. He wore a girlish straw hat decked out with an ostrich feather.
She could perform arm and leg operations as well as any of her male counterparts and received the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1865.
There was a civil war history show on the history channel early this morning about how a buttload of Union soldiers escaped in the night past a vast Confederate army in Nashville, some of them even went over to Confederate campfires to light their cigars and pipes during their retreat. I think they said the Union General was Scofeild...I think. Later when the Confederates caught up to the Union troops the union fellows were dug in, it ended up being a decisive Union victory.
Imposter

London, KY

#92804 Sep 17, 2013
Satisfied Mind wrote:
Do you boys and girls realize that there are 78'078 comments on this subject...It has taken me 6 days to read all of them...With that thought in mind...What do you think I should do now?????
That's an easy one...SLEEP and rest your tired eyes.

Location hidden

#92805 Sep 17, 2013
Satisfied Mind wrote:
Did you enjoy the journey? Life is about the journey not the destination.
Hope on the Bird Thread Train and lets get to it

Location hidden

#92806 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>That's an easy one...SLEEP and rest your tired eyes.
I think it's the new posters turn to make supper.
Imposter

London, KY

#92807 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's the new posters turn to make supper.
Done cooked, I had steak to the third power (cubed steak), baked potato and spinach. I'm strong to the finish cause I eats me spinach.
I yam what I yam, now I am going toot toot (probably the spinach.)
Anne

United States

#92808 Sep 17, 2013
Need to know wrote:
<quoted text>Would you know if a student HAD to continue doing the homework in an online class ie. hw4,5 to avoid being counted as a no-show before the fa distribution date? Or would said student be counted as participating because he/she had completed the orientation asgnmt even though they were not up to date in the classwork? IF said student had already decided to drop the class AFTER the fa dis. date because he or she already had plenty of science credits already completed and needed to devote time to particularly hard EDU and agl, classes + another science class.
So, main question: would he/she be counted as a no show if he/she stopped completing all assignments in said class at this time or not? Thank you in advance.
Whoowee!!! Sorry I don't know the answer to that one. It was my daughters classes towards her masters so she certainly would know but my classes were old fashion classes. You know, sit in the chair and listen to the teacher. Maybe someone else on here would know..
Anne

United States

#92809 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>There was a civil war history show on the history channel early this morning about how a buttload of Union soldiers escaped in the night past a vast Confederate army in Nashville, some of them even went over to Confederate campfires to light their cigars and pipes during their retreat. I think they said the Union General was Scofeild...I think. Later when the Confederates caught up to the Union troops the union fellows were dug in, it ended up being a decisive Union victory.
I am not the grammar police but I had a chuckle at the buttload of Union soldiers. Siri does absolutely crazy things to my words when I voice text and I get in trouble. So I understand how things get switched around . Lol

No rowboat for me today :-(
I mowed, I hung about 10 "no trespassing " signs , I cleaned and filled the chickens watering cans, I hurt and I ache. Those signs were rough to hang. I picked out a tree, drove the ATV very close, climbed in the ATV bed so I could reach higher and used the cordless drill to attach the plywood signs to the tree. Then I had to climb back into the drivers seat. I am old. Im not as flexible as I used to be. I hurt and I ache.
Anne

United States

#92810 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
She only knew because I told her.
Blonde.')
Ok. That's insulting. Leave us blondes alone...
')

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is someone missing a phone from waterpark lastweek 1 hr Unknown 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Just Say No 141,397
Jason Marsee shot Ford Collett 2 hr Lmao 40
Who's going to be new principal at GR? 2 hr dont forget 5
sabrina corey 3 hr Nasty 12
Justice For All... 3 hr Jamie-T 4
employees at barbourville burger king 5 hr just me 2
Is the Knox co courthouse still performing marr... 5 hr NGOs 15
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages