Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
77,901 - 77,920 of 81,562 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

I don't expect that I will ever be "scammed" about gay insurance and I don't particularly care if the gays do get scammed, so that blogspot holds no interest for me. LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I don't expect that I will ever be "scammed" about gay insurance and I don't particularly care if the gays do get scammed, so that blogspot holds no interest for me. LOL
I'll probably just add an addendum or rider to my existing heterosexual insurance policy -- just in case.
I'd rather be over-insured then under protected .

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Very strange...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

8 days after the Union victory at Gettysburg and 7 days after the fall of Vicksburg, Mississippi.. The New York city laboring, immigrant class rioted over the Union draft that had just become effective.

This was spurred on by anti-Administration "Peace" Democrats (known as Copperheads) that opposed the war and the Adminstration specifically opposing the fact that the rich could "buy" their way out of military service by sending someone else or paying $300 to the Federal Government leaving the poor immigrants the brunt of the duty to free the slaves. They had no interest in getting killed so the blacks could take their jobs and income. It was just not their issue and they refused to go and rioted.

Many African-Americans were beaten and left for dead while others were hanged from lampposts. In all 120 people were killed and the Colored Orphan Asylum on 5th Avenue was burned.

The Copperheads opposition to the war was in that Lincoln had gone beyond his Constitutional Limitations in violating the writ of "Habeas Corpus" and limiting freedom of the press, of speech, of person, of mail, of travel, and of right to bear arms, and due process of law. hmmmmmm !!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

AW --- I've often heard it said that Lincoln, upon meeting Harriet Beecher Stowe of Uncle Tom's Cabin
Said "so your the little lady that started this here civil war"
True or False
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
AW --- I've often heard it said that Lincoln, upon meeting Harriet Beecher Stowe of Uncle Tom's Cabin
True or False
I don't know about that and in all my studies, I have never read such a report or that Lincoln had ever even met Harriet Beecher Stowe. Probably just a legend or myth and if it were true, I would have surely read about it in more than one place.

But I was just reading where her husband had traveled to Gettysburg to check on their son and was robbed by pick-pockets but went on to Baltimore where he fell ill and had to return home and she spent many days in anxiety over her husband as well as her son that had received a head wound.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
True or False
Stowe supposedly went to Washington to verify the validity of the Emancipation Proclamation, but there is no substantial Historical evidence that it happened other than something her son wrote some 30 years later. Did she even meet with Lincoln? or was she invited to a tea with Mary Todd? Did her son embellish the story and it has been propigated by Internet enthusiasts? Legend or Fact? I can't say.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Stowe supposedly went to Washington to verify the validity of the Emancipation Proclamation, but there is no substantial Historical evidence that it happened other than something her son wrote some 30 years later. Did she even meet with Lincoln? or was she invited to a tea with Mary Todd? Did her son embellish the story and it has been propigated by Internet enthusiasts? Legend or Fact? I can't say.
If the story had to pass the crazy Mary -- who knows. I have read several books about her. My favorite is how she roamed the streets with money and documents sewed up in her dress.
Weird

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Thats strange
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
If the story had to pass the crazy Mary -- who knows. I have read several books about her. My favorite is how she roamed the streets with money and documents sewed up in her dress.
I have read those also, plus it is alleged that she held seances in the White House.

“Hope for the best”

Since: Jun 13

Prepare for the worst

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Isn't this supposed to be about birds dying?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Ky Prepper wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be about birds dying?
Sometimes we wonder off subject. Are you a prepper? I just read Alas, Babylon for the second time.

“Hope for the best”

Prepare for the worst

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes we wonder off subject. Are you a prepper? I just read Alas, Babylon for the second time.
I'm a pepper he's a pepper she's a pepper we're a pepper wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?
Good book BTW.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Ky Prepper wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a pepper he's a pepper she's a pepper we're a pepper wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?
Good book BTW.
Yup. It's the classics of SHTF fiction. There are some current ones based on EMP's that I have read as well. I'm the only lady in the office with a bug out bag----shhhhhh

“Hope for the best”

Prepare for the worst

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. It's the classics of SHTF fiction. There are some current ones based on EMP's that I have read as well. I'm the only lady in the office with a bug out bag----shhhhhh
I buy a few extra nonperishable food items every time I go shopping. Through the years I've built up quite a stash. People say I'm crazy, doing what I'm doing Well, they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm okay, well, they look at me kinda strange
"Surely, you're not happy now, you no longer play the game"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I have read those also, plus it is alleged that she held seances in the White House.
There were some crazy First Ladies!
JULIA DENT GRANT (FIRST LADY, 1869--1877)

Julia Dent Grant was cross-eyed her entire life. While that never stopped her from being a tomboy in her youth, or—remarkably—from developing into an accomplished equestrienne, it did lead to some embarrassing White House moments. At the galas she was fond of throwing, Julia had a habit of standing in the corner to avoid bumping into people. When she did manage to move, she did so in a noticeably sideways gait that some likened to the motion of a crab, often knocking into furniture.

“Hope for the best”

Prepare for the worst

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Cross eyed crabby women. I've heard of those before.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Night everyone! My book is calling my name---

“Hope for the best”

Prepare for the worst

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

I wonder if grant looked up one day and said "I've had enough of this!" and knocked her cross eyed for being so crabby?

“Hope for the best”

Prepare for the worst

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

or—remarkably—

Wonder why that came out like that in your post? It looks like symbols from an alien language.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Straw Grasping Teabaggers 147,088
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 43 min zzzzzz 12
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr Flint hill bandit 16,132
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr Flint hill bandit 1,017
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Quantummist 129,006
Phillip Roark & Amy 4 hr concerned 1
dizzyone1313 6 hr I konw 1
New club in Barbourville? 6 hr my real name 12
john sowders 8 hr truth be told 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••