Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“Hope for the best”

Since: Jun 13

Prepare for the worst

#92749 Sep 16, 2013
Isn't this supposed to be about birds dying?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92750 Sep 16, 2013
Ky Prepper wrote:
Sometimes we wonder off subject. Are you a prepper? I just read Alas, Babylon for the second time.

“Hope for the best”

Prepare for the worst

#92751 Sep 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes we wonder off subject. Are you a prepper? I just read Alas, Babylon for the second time.
I'm a pepper he's a pepper she's a pepper we're a pepper wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?
Good book BTW.

Location hidden

#92752 Sep 16, 2013
Ky Prepper wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a pepper he's a pepper she's a pepper we're a pepper wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?
Good book BTW.
Yup. It's the classics of SHTF fiction. There are some current ones based on EMP's that I have read as well. I'm the only lady in the office with a bug out bag----shhhhhh

“Hope for the best”

Prepare for the worst

#92753 Sep 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. It's the classics of SHTF fiction. There are some current ones based on EMP's that I have read as well. I'm the only lady in the office with a bug out bag----shhhhhh
I buy a few extra nonperishable food items every time I go shopping. Through the years I've built up quite a stash. People say I'm crazy, doing what I'm doing Well, they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm okay, well, they look at me kinda strange
"Surely, you're not happy now, you no longer play the game"

Location hidden

#92754 Sep 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I have read those also, plus it is alleged that she held seances in the White House.
There were some crazy First Ladies!
JULIA DENT GRANT (FIRST LADY, 1869--1877)

Julia Dent Grant was cross-eyed her entire life. While that never stopped her from being a tomboy in her youth, or—remarkably—from developing into an accomplished equestrienne, it did lead to some embarrassing White House moments. At the galas she was fond of throwing, Julia had a habit of standing in the corner to avoid bumping into people. When she did manage to move, she did so in a noticeably sideways gait that some likened to the motion of a crab, often knocking into furniture.

“Hope for the best”

Prepare for the worst

#92755 Sep 16, 2013
Cross eyed crabby women. I've heard of those before.

Location hidden

#92756 Sep 16, 2013
Night everyone! My book is calling my name---

“Hope for the best”

Prepare for the worst

#92757 Sep 16, 2013
I wonder if grant looked up one day and said "I've had enough of this!" and knocked her cross eyed for being so crabby?

“Hope for the best”

Prepare for the worst

#92758 Sep 16, 2013
or—remarkably—

Wonder why that came out like that in your post? It looks like symbols from an alien language.

Location hidden

#92759 Sep 16, 2013
Ky Prepper wrote:
Cross eyed crabby women. I've heard of those before.
Best kept as Ex's --

“Hope for the best”

Prepare for the worst

#92760 Sep 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
Night everyone! My book is calling my name---
Goodnight cutie, sleep well.

Location hidden

#92762 Sep 16, 2013
Ky Prepper wrote:
or—remarkably—

Wonder why that came out like that in your post? It looks like symbols from an alien language.
Next you will want to reveal how I got Stonehenge made.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#92767 Sep 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
No MissiE,

We know all about Stonehenge, just the Cyrillic font explanation will suffice...:-)

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92768 Sep 17, 2013
Ky Prepper wrote:
Most of the posters that come regularly to this thread have already posted about bird deaths and other disasters, already made their preparations, and now just venture off to talk about anything and everything while waiting for the time to need their preps. The others have had ample time to prep already and we can't save everyone. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92769 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
ssshhhhhhh don't tell that or they will then want to know how I managed to get the pyramids built without modern technology. Our secret. Okay?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92770 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a bug out bag since I don't plan to bug out. What I do have is a "jusi in" case.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92772 Sep 17, 2013
I see some judge-it thinks I am nuts for posting about the variations in my roosters voice pitch. Yes, some have a higher tone than others and I can identify each one by their sound even in the pre-dawn darkeness.

And yes I am nuts, venture off this topic and post about those things that interest me; but that is the perogative of this stubborn old coot and nothing has or will change. Good Day and don't foget to add the lemons.

Location hidden

#92773 Sep 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>ssshhhhhhh don't tell that or they will then want to know how I managed to get the pyramids built without modern technology. Our secret. Okay?
I got your back! Those must have been a headache! Contractors logistical nightmare.

Location hidden

#92774 Sep 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a bug out bag since I don't plan to bug out. What I do have is a "jusi in" case.
You are in an ideal location. Your in the place people bug out to.
I keep mine just as a good all around measure for whatever may happen. Usually in my car-- all purpose tool, fire starting item (matches, lighter) a few MRE's, bottled water, small first aid kit, change of clothes (I'm often in business attire) could you imagine walking in those heels?, a few neat items I picked up off the Internet from military surplus type stores. Nothing elaborate as many people have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kids free glasses and hearing checked 6 min free 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min ChromiuMan 131,865
Porsche mills 27 min Info 21
missing pit bull 45 min Yolo 7
Chad Michael Merida Florida jail 48 min Ghost face 3223 29
Need food badly 49 min McUzi 29
Knox Central 1 hr gator 4
city of barbourville 13 hr Three losers 15
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE