Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92768 Sep 17, 2013
Ky Prepper wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be about birds dying?
Most of the posters that come regularly to this thread have already posted about bird deaths and other disasters, already made their preparations, and now just venture off to talk about anything and everything while waiting for the time to need their preps. The others have had ample time to prep already and we can't save everyone. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92769 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Next you will want to reveal how I got Stonehenge made.
ssshhhhhhh don't tell that or they will then want to know how I managed to get the pyramids built without modern technology. Our secret. Okay?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92770 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. It's the classics of SHTF fiction. There are some current ones based on EMP's that I have read as well. I'm the only lady in the office with a bug out bag----shhhhhh
I don't have a bug out bag since I don't plan to bug out. What I do have is a "jusi in" case.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92772 Sep 17, 2013
I see some judge-it thinks I am nuts for posting about the variations in my roosters voice pitch. Yes, some have a higher tone than others and I can identify each one by their sound even in the pre-dawn darkeness.

And yes I am nuts, venture off this topic and post about those things that interest me; but that is the perogative of this stubborn old coot and nothing has or will change. Good Day and don't foget to add the lemons.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92773 Sep 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>ssshhhhhhh don't tell that or they will then want to know how I managed to get the pyramids built without modern technology. Our secret. Okay?
I got your back! Those must have been a headache! Contractors logistical nightmare.

Location hidden

#92774 Sep 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a bug out bag since I don't plan to bug out. What I do have is a "jusi in" case.
You are in an ideal location. Your in the place people bug out to.
I keep mine just as a good all around measure for whatever may happen. Usually in my car-- all purpose tool, fire starting item (matches, lighter) a few MRE's, bottled water, small first aid kit, change of clothes (I'm often in business attire) could you imagine walking in those heels?, a few neat items I picked up off the Internet from military surplus type stores. Nothing elaborate as many people have.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92775 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in an ideal location. Your in the place people bug out to.
I keep mine just as a good all around measure for whatever may happen. Usually in my car-- all purpose tool, fire starting item (matches, lighter) a few MRE's, bottled water, small first aid kit, change of clothes (I'm often in business attire) could you imagine walking in those heels?, a few neat items I picked up off the Internet from military surplus type stores. Nothing elaborate as many people have.
Make sure you always have plenty of gas to bug out with and proper written directions (GPS might not work) to my place where I have spare brograns, sleeping bags, fire wood, water supply, weapons, rum, Jim and Jack,and canned goods stashed.
Yes, you will need the brogans when you get here because you might twist an ankle in those heels climbing the hill to the outhouse and to help feed the chickens that will supplement the canned goods. Some practice might be required to toughen up to enable the use of corncobs though since we won't be able to bug out to replenish the TP supply and it is unlikely that Sears will be sending any more catalogues. lol
Imposter

London, KY

#92776 Sep 17, 2013
If the urban people down in lex starve out and large organized bands of armed scavengers (some are already pretty well organized gangs) start to rove in wider and wider patrols...ya'll head east. We've been laying up for winters and hard times for a long time and we know how to stick together in a fight. We're not to shabby when it comes to marksmanship either. Hillbillies are the original preppers.
Not that I'm worried much but if a shtf thing did hit we'd probably be some of the last to go. Unless it hit right dead on us that is.

Location hidden

#92777 Sep 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Make sure you always have plenty of gas to bug out with and proper written directions (GPS might not work) to my place where I have spare brograns, sleeping bags, fire wood, water supply, weapons, rum, Jim and Jack,and canned goods stashed.
Yes, you will need the brogans when you get here because you might twist an ankle in those heels climbing the hill to the outhouse and to help feed the chickens that will supplement the canned goods. Some practice might be required to toughen up to enable the use of corncobs though since we won't be able to bug out to replenish the TP supply and it is unlikely that Sears will be sending any more catalogues. lol
That gives new meaning to the term "roughing it"
Anne

United States

#92778 Sep 17, 2013
Back a few years ago there was a woman,(born and raised in Houdorous)in several of my college classes. They were always in political turmoil and when the sirens screamed parents drove madly to the schools to pick up their kids then headed for the mountains. Her mom kept the "running bags" in the closet by the front door. Contents? Toilet paper! Because "there's no way I'm going up in those mountains with 5 kids and no toilet paper!" Lol
Imposter

London, KY

#92780 Sep 17, 2013
Did you row in the mists today anne? It sure was a beautiful morning.
Imposter

London, KY

#92781 Sep 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
That gives new meaning to the term "roughing it"
There's gotta be a better way.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92782 Sep 17, 2013
When I was younger, I spent many days on the water. Once going when it was 9 degrees and it only got up to 17 degrees for a high. We had to keep dipping our tackle in the water to keep the rod eyes from freezing over. On the way back, we passed a golf course and said "Look over there at those fools knocking that little ball around as cold as it is". LOL

To each his or her own.

Location hidden

#92783 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
If the urban people down in lex starve out and large organized bands of armed scavengers (some are already pretty well organized gangs) start to rove in wider and wider patrols...ya'll head east. We've been laying up for winters and hard times for a long time and we know how to stick together in a fight. We're not to shabby when it comes to marksmanship either. Hillbillies are the original preppers.
Not that I'm worried much but if a shtf thing did hit we'd probably be some of the last to go. Unless it hit right dead on us that is.
When I lived in Deep South Louisiana, I use to joke that if everything went bad during Y2K, they wouldn't even realize it for several years. I think the metropolitan areas would crumble quickly. They would turn in on themselves and cannibalize their own city (figuratively hopefully not literally)
Imposter

London, KY

#92784 Sep 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I see some judge-it thinks I am nuts for posting about the variations in my roosters voice pitch. Yes, some have a higher tone than others and I can identify each one by their sound even in the pre-dawn darkeness.
And yes I am nuts, venture off this topic and post about those things that interest me; but that is the perogative of this stubborn old coot and nothing has or will change. Good Day and don't foget to add the lemons.
I dont know who that is up in the peanut gallery and I know you never let much get to you ..BUT
Hehehe You gotta admit I got to you more than anyone else on here ever has Wolf. Come on, remember? No other "detractor" could crack you for a long LONG time, but I got you steamed ONCE, pretty good. Remember you threatened legal action and everything?

You recovered faster than I have ever seen a poster recover but you were pretty mad during the transvestite ordeal...remember?
Hey, now we can look back on it and laugh but I think I steamed you a little anyways LOL.
Imposter

London, KY

#92785 Sep 17, 2013
I have to admit that I did see top shelf material early on too. Una and I exchanged a few PM's (very few) and I'm pretty sure we came to agree that you weren't highfalutin and stuck up at all- as we first believed. You even settled HIM down wolf, that was some feat. LOL He was one of the most determined men I've ever encountered God rest his soul. I think he was even more intelligent than he showed, and he showed a great pile of smarts- IMO.
Imposter

London, KY

#92786 Sep 17, 2013
A lot of people accused TUFF and I of being the same poster, not true. I wish I could come up with stuff that funny, and that fast.
I know when I meet someone on here with a faster sharper mind than I ever had or ever will, it happens all the time, But old TUFF was the creme de la creme . The man was dangerous! I think he could have made someone laugh till they died if he tried.
Good old Una, gone but not forgotten.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92787 Sep 17, 2013
Anne wrote:
Back a few years ago there was a woman,(born and raised in Houdorous)in several of my college classes. They were always in political turmoil and when the sirens screamed parents drove madly to the schools to pick up their kids then headed for the mountains. Her mom kept the "running bags" in the closet by the front door. Contents? Toilet paper! Because "there's no way I'm going up in those mountains with 5 kids and no toilet paper!" Lol
If the SHTF, we might find ourselves doing many things we would not undertake otherwise, much like the letter from a Rebel Private dated June 9, 1863:
"Indeed, as time passed, food and forage were at a premium and various expedients were resorted to. The privates of the regiment successfully undertook a decrease in the rodent population. In my weakened condition, I sent out a man to shoot a rat for me thinking I could boil it and eat it with relish, but the hunt failed to secure the game, and my fancy passed. The men cut up the young growth of cane, boiled it and made a delectable dish".
I am poster

London, KY

#92788 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
he showed a great pile of smarts- IMO.
He showed a great pile of farts too- IMO.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92790 Sep 17, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know who that is up in the peanut gallery and I know you never let much get to you ..BUT
Hehehe You gotta admit I got to you more than anyone else on here ever has Wolf. Come on, remember? No other "detractor" could crack you for a long LONG time, but I got you steamed ONCE, pretty good. Remember you threatened legal action and everything?
You recovered faster than I have ever seen a poster recover but you were pretty mad during the transvestite ordeal...remember?
Hey, now we can look back on it and laugh but I think I steamed you a little anyways LOL.
I don't recall that at all, but there was a time when my Identity was being hijacked. My biggest heated moment (and as you said, it never lasted long) was when UNA accused me of being a drunk after I said I had a couple of beers and he said no one ever had just a couple and you agreed with him. Even old "Don't Care" piped in and started calling me "Ancient Age" which was funny, because I have only had bourbon on one occasion in my life and got deathly sick instead of drunk. LOL The fact is, my belly won't hold more than a couple beers and I don't do any other alcohol at all except an occasional bloody mary and some sips of blackberry brandy in the winter. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox County Con-men, Liars, and Thieves... Cont... 7 min Hc Marcum 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Family Man 142,476
cash job for women 16 min forurpleasure :)) 26
Kyle Campbell what a joke!! 19 min So I have heard 3
woman 21 min john1948 10
larry coleman 40 min what 6
Is the Childern's Home a good place to work? 1 hr Wondering 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages