Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,703

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92724 Sep 15, 2013
well my book is calling my name. Good Night All.
Anne

United States

#92725 Sep 15, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I've never been out of the country I thought she meant that "awful tower" up in Paris ky. LOL That's as far as my dreams will carry me Anne. It would be nice to go though.
Did the French stink as bad as people say? I bet that talk was confusing---> Foooy misure Pay pee mouy wee wee where? <---... and all that, LOL it'd be nice to go there.
Paris KY. Paris France. Doesnt matter! I'm game! I'm one of those when someone says LETS GO I'm in the car tugging on my shoes and socks! My '05 car has 230,000 miles on it plus I've put 20,000 on another vehicle in the past year also. A road warrior . Lol.

How to ask directions to a particular town when you cannot speak their language and they can't speak yours: lay down a pencil and paper in front of them and then point to your destination on the road map. Shrug your shoulders and look pathetic.
Need a bathroom ?? Grab yourself and dance around. Heeheehee
Anne

United States

#92726 Sep 15, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
My favorite is the two old men wondering if there is baseball in Heaven. Both agree first one to die comes back to tell the other. First guy dies goes to heaven comes back to friend
Good news ! There is baseball in Heaven
Bad News! You're pitching on Sunday
That's a cute one! Lol

Hope you have a good sleep tonight ! I hit those two festivals this weekend and I'm glad I went but. Boy, am I'm whipped out!! G'nite!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#92728 Sep 15, 2013
Off to read Encounters of the Star People by Ardy Clarke.
@ Sorry to hear about your hens sometimes it's trial and error raising animals. Life, huh. That canoe ride on a misty morn sounds well worth what you paid.

My thoughts are of the Folks in Colorado tonight. 482 were still missing. Over 300 pets rescued as well as farm animals including the horses.Bless them that their lives be rebuilt soon and condolences to those who have lost their lives and livelihood. May relief come soon. Night to All.Off to my galaxy above Louisa. Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92730 Sep 16, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Paris KY. Paris France. Doesnt matter! I'm game! I'm one of those when someone says LETS GO I'm in the car tugging on my shoes and socks! My '05 car has 230,000 miles on it plus I've put 20,000 on another vehicle in the past year also. A road warrior . Lol.
How to ask directions to a particular town when you cannot speak their language and they can't speak yours: lay down a pencil and paper in front of them and then point to your destination on the road map. Shrug your shoulders and look pathetic.
Need a bathroom ?? Grab yourself and dance around. Heeheehee
Traveling is not my cup of tea. I drove over 100 miles a day round trip to work for many years and now I am a homebody. I wore out many vehicles going to work and looking for fun. But now I go to the store, church, and sometimes out to dinner with my date and in all the places that I have been; there is none better than right here.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92731 Sep 16, 2013
Well now, for the first time my youngest rooster has joined this morning's trio singing a high tenor. The middle aged guy sings bass and the old guy hobbles around with a sore foot only filling in on the back-up parts with the "Doo-wah Doo-wahs".

My hens just sit quietly thinking "Would you guys just shut the H E double toothpicks up, we are trying to sleep and all you guys have to do is play and try to jump our bones" LOL
Anne

United States

#92732 Sep 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have no desire to travel abroad. I have plenty to see and do right here in the USA. For that, I like to stay off the Interstates as much as possible and experience Americana and not all that asphalt, concrete, and steel.
I'd love to drive the old Route 66. Well, as much as still possible! Chicago to Pasadena ? I was in, if memory serves me correctly, Kingman ,AZ during the yearly solar car race along that famous highway Those cars looked like manta rays with tiny wheels and most of them came up to my knees. I'm sure there's a list somewhere of special events and stops along that old highway! Now u need the right car for the trip...wishful thinking....

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92733 Sep 16, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>I'd love to drive the old Route 66. Well, as much as still possible! Chicago to Pasadena ? I was in, if memory serves me correctly, Kingman ,AZ during the yearly solar car race along that famous highway Those cars looked like manta rays with tiny wheels and most of them came up to my knees. I'm sure there's a list somewhere of special events and stops along that old highway! Now u need the right car for the trip...wishful thinking....
I did that trip several years ago with a good friend. It was a blast. Stayed at the tee pee motel, the blue moon and ate at the diners. Drank lots of Root Beer as each place had its own homemade version claiming to be the best. Cadillac ranch and all the hokey Americana-- a must do trip
Anne

United States

#92734 Sep 16, 2013
AW, I will say this. Having to drive that far everyday to and then from work would absolutely wear a person out on driving . You are so right about there's no place like home! I enjoy being home with my books, my boat and my better half. Or how about; I enjoy being home with my chickens, my cats and my (grand)children!

Much to do today so Good Morning to All and I'm outta here!
Anne

United States

#92735 Sep 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I did that trip several years ago with a good friend. It was a blast. Stayed at the tee pee motel, the blue moon and ate at the diners. Drank lots of Root Beer as each place had its own homemade version claiming to be the best. Cadillac ranch and all the hokey Americana-- a must do trip
That sounds wonderful...maybe someday I can do that
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92737 Sep 16, 2013
On the front cover, My book pictures George Armstrong Custer with his former classmate and captured Confederate Prisoner James Washington.

It states that the Civil War was the beginning of the end for the Mounted Cavalry due to the advances with longer range and repeating rifles. It states that Custer was very flamboyant and even though his career was tainted by Little Big Horn (where the Sioux had finally obtained contraband left over Civil War weapons), Custer was very adept during the war and was the youngest person to ever be promoted to Brigadier General in the Union army.

And contrary to some of the old Westerns, the Cavalry charges fairly much faded into the sunset after the Little Big Horn debacle. Horses were still used to get to where they needed to be, but the mounted charge strategy just mainly faded away with the strategy to be to fight from a dismounted and protected position. Interesting stuff.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92739 Sep 16, 2013
I don't expect that I will ever be "scammed" about gay insurance and I don't particularly care if the gays do get scammed, so that blogspot holds no interest for me. LOL

Location hidden

#92740 Sep 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I don't expect that I will ever be "scammed" about gay insurance and I don't particularly care if the gays do get scammed, so that blogspot holds no interest for me. LOL
I'll probably just add an addendum or rider to my existing heterosexual insurance policy -- just in case.
I'd rather be over-insured then under protected .

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#92741 Sep 16, 2013
Very strange...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92742 Sep 16, 2013
8 days after the Union victory at Gettysburg and 7 days after the fall of Vicksburg, Mississippi.. The New York city laboring, immigrant class rioted over the Union draft that had just become effective.

This was spurred on by anti-Administration "Peace" Democrats (known as Copperheads) that opposed the war and the Adminstration specifically opposing the fact that the rich could "buy" their way out of military service by sending someone else or paying $300 to the Federal Government leaving the poor immigrants the brunt of the duty to free the slaves. They had no interest in getting killed so the blacks could take their jobs and income. It was just not their issue and they refused to go and rioted.

Many African-Americans were beaten and left for dead while others were hanged from lampposts. In all 120 people were killed and the Colored Orphan Asylum on 5th Avenue was burned.

The Copperheads opposition to the war was in that Lincoln had gone beyond his Constitutional Limitations in violating the writ of "Habeas Corpus" and limiting freedom of the press, of speech, of person, of mail, of travel, and of right to bear arms, and due process of law. hmmmmmm !!

Location hidden

#92743 Sep 16, 2013
AW --- I've often heard it said that Lincoln, upon meeting Harriet Beecher Stowe of Uncle Tom's Cabin
Said "so your the little lady that started this here civil war"
True or False
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92744 Sep 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
AW --- I've often heard it said that Lincoln, upon meeting Harriet Beecher Stowe of Uncle Tom's Cabin
True or False
I don't know about that and in all my studies, I have never read such a report or that Lincoln had ever even met Harriet Beecher Stowe. Probably just a legend or myth and if it were true, I would have surely read about it in more than one place.

But I was just reading where her husband had traveled to Gettysburg to check on their son and was robbed by pick-pockets but went on to Baltimore where he fell ill and had to return home and she spent many days in anxiety over her husband as well as her son that had received a head wound.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92745 Sep 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
True or False
Stowe supposedly went to Washington to verify the validity of the Emancipation Proclamation, but there is no substantial Historical evidence that it happened other than something her son wrote some 30 years later. Did she even meet with Lincoln? or was she invited to a tea with Mary Todd? Did her son embellish the story and it has been propigated by Internet enthusiasts? Legend or Fact? I can't say.

Location hidden

#92746 Sep 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Stowe supposedly went to Washington to verify the validity of the Emancipation Proclamation, but there is no substantial Historical evidence that it happened other than something her son wrote some 30 years later. Did she even meet with Lincoln? or was she invited to a tea with Mary Todd? Did her son embellish the story and it has been propigated by Internet enthusiasts? Legend or Fact? I can't say.
If the story had to pass the crazy Mary -- who knows. I have read several books about her. My favorite is how she roamed the streets with money and documents sewed up in her dress.
Weird

United States

#92747 Sep 16, 2013
Thats strange

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barbourville High School 1 hr lolol 6
Carla davis 2 hr Confused 14
Margret west clean up Darren's mess 2 hr Darren west 2
Brett Ledford 2 hr Info 2
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 370
Does anyone know Deana Hale 5 hr Jack jack 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr spaceship 131,583
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Mon beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:49 pm PST

NBC Sports12:49PM
Bengals kicker Nugent perfect since overtime miss - NBC Sports
ESPN12:58 PM
Bengals' Smith (torn triceps) goes on IR
Bleacher Report 2:30 PM
Titans Release Veteran LB Phillips
NBC Sports 2:47 PM
Titans release Shaun Phillips, place Brian Schwenke on injured reserve
Bleacher Report 8:54 PM
What Experts Are Saying About Bucs vs. Bengals?