Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,635

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92628 Sep 14, 2013
I did not know that Qwerty was religous and here he is speaking in tongues. hehehe

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92629 Sep 14, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I did not know that Qwerty was religous and here he is speaking in tongues. hehehe
If he starts falling out in the spirit -- I got this covered. Spent a few years in a Deep South Louisiana Pentecostal church.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#92630 Sep 14, 2013
Calling it a goodnight to All the pleasant Folk. This one is for you, Imposter. May love and peace surround you;)
"Nothing Gold Can Stay" Leaves of Gold ( to me)
- Alfred R. Ferguson, Oct. 1923
Nature's first green is gold,Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf a flower, But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf, So Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down to day; Nothing gold can stay.

Blessings to All,nite.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92631 Sep 14, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
If he starts falling out in the spirit -- I got this covered. Spent a few years in a Deep South Louisiana Pentecostal church.
I visited some of those a couple times many years ago and the last time some old gal did fall out in the spirit... but later they learned that her spirit came out of a bottle. LOL
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#92633 Sep 14, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Calling it a goodnight to All the pleasant Folk. This one is for you, Imposter. May love and peace surround you;)
"Nothing Gold Can Stay" Leaves of Gold ( to me)
- Alfred R. Ferguson, Oct. 1923
Nature's first green is gold,Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf a flower, But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf, So Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down to day; Nothing gold can stay.
Blessings to All,nite.
Thanks misty, that was a good'n! Please do an original soon. If you get the time and dont mind.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#92634 Sep 14, 2013
I'm one of those grumpy old men up in the balcony qwerty....
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#92635 Sep 14, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I visited some of those a couple times many years ago and the last time some old gal did fall out in the spirit... but later they learned that her spirit came out of a bottle. LOL
Bwaaaahahaha.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#92636 Sep 14, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they ever take up serpents? That may only be an Appalachian thing I'm not sure. They still do that around here. They either have a lot of faith, or a lot of stupid.
2 Badd

Vine Grove, KY

#92637 Sep 14, 2013
Oh well
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92638 Sep 14, 2013
I have been on Youtube listening to "Sweet Home Chicago" originally done by Robert Johnson in 1936. Delta Blues long before the Blues Brothers did it.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92639 Sep 14, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I'm one of those grumpy old men up in the balcony qwerty....
Is your name "Walter"? lol
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#92640 Sep 14, 2013
When I was very very young we lived down in town next to an old lady, she in turn lived next to a holiness church. One of them came running out of the church yelling jimminy himminyy haw haw and all that, bless them its their right, but anyway he had a-hold of a big old black rattler, he dropped it and it darted under mawd's fence, she took out a little colt .38 spl snub nose and blew that snake to smithereens. LOL
I'll never forget how the old man laughed. Whew what a strange life a hillbilly gets to live folks.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#92641 Sep 14, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have been on Youtube listening to "Sweet Home Chicago" originally done by Robert Johnson in 1936. Delta Blues long before the Blues Brothers did it.
They did a pretty good job with it though for a couple of actors. I loved the Stevie Wonder song in that one. Tell your mama, tell your paw, I'm gonna sing you back to Arkansas.
Hey heeeey.
Anne

United States

#92642 Sep 14, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#92643 Sep 14, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Have most of his work. Dude was brilliant!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92644 Sep 14, 2013
Billy Joe Shaver that wrote many of Waylon and Willie's songs does one called "Get thee behind me Satan" available on youtube which emulates the snake handlers.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#92645 Sep 14, 2013
Hi everyone. Took me a long time to catch up with the comments. Glad to see everyone having happy happy happy days! Things here are good, thanks to the good Lord above.. I'm loving these cool nights. Don't like thinking about winter coming upon us so soon, but it is what it is.
Blessings to all of you.
_-_Nope_-_

Location hidden

#92646 Sep 14, 2013
Imposter wrote:
When I was very very young we lived down in town next to an old lady, she in turn lived next to a holiness church. One of them came running out of the church yelling jimminy himminyy haw haw and all that, bless them its their right, but anyway he had a-hold of a big old black rattler, he dropped it and it darted under mawd's fence, she took out a little colt .38 spl snub nose and blew that snake to smithereens. LOL
I'll never forget how the old man laughed. Whew what a strange life a hillbilly gets to live folks.
LOL. I am of the mind set we shouldn't tempt God. I know God can save me from being hit by a car but I don't run out in the road and try to stop one with my hand.
Anne

United States

#92647 Sep 14, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Did they ever take up serpents? That may only be an Appalachian thing I'm not sure. They still do that around here. They either have a lot of faith, or a lot of stupid.
I don't intend to go to one of these but between my sisters house and their church they had to pass a church that practiced the taking up serpents belief. Umm, somewhere in Alabama -- not the Appalachians .

Location hidden

#92648 Sep 14, 2013
There is a new reality show on National Geographic on Tuesday nights called snake salvation
Follows two snake handling holiness churches-- one in Tenn and one here in KY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whos the best looking at jack wws 2 min bmxhater 4
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min bloodonmyhands 4,912
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min DITCH MITCH 153,514
knox board of ed raising taxes 1 hr bbbb 84
Looking for Billy Mills 1 hr Billy G Mills 6
Dylan Mills (Sep '08) 1 hr Olliver 9
new hunting and fishing store 2 hr john 5
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 4 hr Praying for everyone 20
A Rat In Knox County 6 hr Genius 8
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••