Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,890)

Showing posts 77,781 - 77,800 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
Whew I'm on a roll, you still hanging around Kev?
This is a good one, one time when I was a teen I grabbed my rifle and went into the hills to knock around some and I got into some poison oak trying to climb a big oak tree, well on the way home I stopped to....to pee, that's it....anyway yeah pee.... the next day I was broke out down there with the awfullest blisters you ever seen. I was mortified LOL and afraid to tell anyone. It cleared up in a week or less and man Oh man was I ever glad it did, I thought I had something bad.
Later that year I made the connection to the poison oak. I was so relieved I didn't have a disease.
I cant believe i just told that one on myself. True story though.
Similar story, other side. A serious life lesson.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Similar story, other side. A serious life lesson.
LOL
Kevin to God "please God let it be poison ivy"
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Kevin to God "please God let it be poison ivy"
Oh, it was. I shoulda used the glossy pages in the outhouse...
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see imposter calling all his lady friends-- then calling back saying "sorry honey, just poison ivy".
I only had one little red head at that time, and she would have killed me, literally. I was one scared young man for a week there.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Eh buddy they took down a couple of my posts again, its something how they'll leave up the craziest things and take down serious posts for no apparent reason.
Wolf could have cracked into the website I spoke of in a heartbeat, but I doubt if he could have told me how to do it on here. That's some complicated stuff. And old Wolf doesn't even think he's the best thing to come along since Vaseline.

@Nope; if you see this will you tell me why they do that, if you know, please? All I did was ask Wolf a question and poot it was gone.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
Here's one for anne girl...I bet you like it, please leave some...feedback lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Busy day and just now checking in.. Alas ... My iPhone wont let me go to this... So thanks anyway.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I was chopping Serrano peppers the other day and accidentally touched my eye --- and I know better!
I cried, and cried, and cried
I learned long ago to not chop peppers and take a whizz. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Interesting night. Ate pizza and watched a dvd on Dachau, Sachenhausen, and the Liberation of Auschwitz. One or the other upset my stomach.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I learned long ago to not chop peppers and take a whizz. LOL
Ouch!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Interesting night. Ate pizza and watched a dvd on Dachau, Sachenhausen, and the Liberation of Auschwitz. One or the other upset my stomach.
They are having a reenactment down at Fort Boonesboro next weekend.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll go if you will, I'll be the big guy in the coon skin cap... toting a hawkin rifle. I'll know you by the red hair, green eyes and red high heels. Man oh man. Whew! Its getting hot in here.

I reckon old Daniel was pretty crooked in his business dealings. I have heard that some old Boonesborough records showed that he swindled a partner out of money for years and years.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Busy day and just now checking in.. Alas ... My iPhone wont let me go to this... So thanks anyway.
It was a DEVO tune.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

@Anne it was working in the coal mines and.... Devo has feelings too or something.

I worked in the coal mines a long time ago, kept getting hurt and dang near killed so I changed professions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I'll go if you will, I'll be the big guy in the coon skin cap... toting a hawkin rifle. I'll know you by the red hair, green eyes and red high heels. Man oh man. Whew! Its getting hot in here.

I reckon old Daniel was pretty crooked in his business dealings. I have heard that some old Boonesborough records showed that he swindled a partner out of money for years and years.
I once went on a date with a navy guy in Millington Tn
Because he had those adorable Davie Crockett suede boots that laced up the front with fringe at the top

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>It was a DEVO tune.
Aren't they band that wore the flower pots on their heads?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Some interesting history in that area. Confederate Edmund Kirby Smith invaded Kentucky via the Cumberland Gap and at the Battle of Richmond Ky, they beat Union General William "Bull" Nelson and held over 2000 Union troops captive on the Madison County Court House lawn.

The tide was turned at Richmond by Conf. General Patrick Cleburn who used two companies of "Sharp's Shooters" (later converted to be called Sharp shooters). Prior to the Sharp's rifle the effective range of the smooth bore was about 150 yards, but the Sharp's had a rifled bore and a telescope with a range of up to 1,700 yards.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

The Sharp's shooters were disliked by both sides and considered "demons" because while just going about their normal camp routines, they could be easily picked off by these snipers from great distances.

One story in my book tells about how these demons casually set up their equipment among regular troops and were asked to go ply their trade some place else. They did not think it appropriate to pick off some enemy just having his morning coffee. I suppose it was much like the old west where it was not appropriate to shoot some guy in the back.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
The Sharp's shooters were disliked by both sides and considered "demons" because while just going about their normal camp routines, they could be easily picked off by these snipers from great distances.

One story in my book tells about how these demons casually set up their equipment among regular troops and were asked to go ply their trade some place else. They did not think it appropriate to pick off some enemy just having his morning coffee. I suppose it was much like the old west where it was not appropriate to shoot some guy in the back.
What happened to "All's fair in love and war" ?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to "All's fair in love and war" ?
I suppose when the enemy is hovering around a camp fire trying to make coffee and stay warm from the overnight cold that there is no war at that moment from lower level individuals but more love for humanity and it is more fair to give him-her a fighting chance?

And during the Civil War, the "enemy" was not always men, nor did all the women volunteer for nurse duty. Hundreds of women enlisted (as men) for both Union and Rebel sides from poor, rural areas and were not particularly well educated but enlisted primarily for the rare opportunity to obtain a paying "job" even though they had no real interest one way or the other in the war issues promulgated by the politicians and people of money.(Sound familiar?)

Sarah Rosetta Wakeman (alias Pvt. Lyons Wakeman) of the 153rd New York Volunteers (who was a little better than most at writing) wrote home that she obtained $152 for enlisting and $13 a month and would send more money home when she got it.

Her letter: "Mother, if you are a mind to send me a box of apples and a bottle of cider, you may. The rest of the "boys" are getting boxes of stuff from home... don't mourn for me, for if I never return I hope I shall meet you all in Heaven... The weather is cold and the ground is froze hard, but I sleep as warm in the tents as I would in a good bed. I don't know the difference when I get asleep. We have boards laid down for a floor and our dishes is tin. We all have a tin plate, and a tin cup, and a knife and fork, one spoon. We have to use the floor for a table. I like to be a soldier very well".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose when the enemy is hovering around a camp fire trying to make coffee and stay warm from the overnight cold that there is no war at that moment from lower level individuals but more love for humanity and it is more fair to give him-her a fighting chance?

And during the Civil War, the "enemy" was not always men, nor did all the women volunteer for nurse duty. Hundreds of women enlisted (as men) for both Union and Rebel sides from poor, rural areas and were not particularly well educated but enlisted primarily for the rare opportunity to obtain a paying "job" even though they had no real interest one way or the other in the war issues promulgated by the politicians and people of money.(Sound familiar?)

Sarah Rosetta Wakeman (alias Pvt. Lyons Wakeman) of the 153rd New York Volunteers (who was a little better than most at writing) wrote home that she obtained $152 for enlisting and $13 a month and would send more money home when she got it.

Her letter: "Mother, if you are a mind to send me a box of apples and a bottle of cider, you may. The rest of the "boys" are getting boxes of stuff from home... don't mourn for me, for if I never return I hope I shall meet you all in Heaven... The weather is cold and the ground is froze hard, but I sleep as warm in the tents as I would in a good bed. I don't know the difference when I get asleep. We have boards laid down for a floor and our dishes is tin. We all have a tin plate, and a tin cup, and a knife and fork, one spoon. We have to use the floor for a table. I like to be a soldier very well".
This is very interesting. One of my favorite eras is the impact WWII had on the traditional role of women
To fight a war for a country that had not yet given women the right to vote (19th amendment ) is intriguing

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,781 - 77,800 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Boop 918
Who would make a great mayor? 1 hr WTF 74
can u apply for food stamps online 1 hr guss 28
New Family Court Judge NEEDED!!! 1 hr WTF 38
Coming soon to America!!! SICK 1 hr guss 4
Preachers 2 hr guss 4
Would love to have a female to HUG and SNUGGLE ... 2 hr guss 4
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 7 hr your screwed 9
•••