Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,883)

Showing posts 77,641 - 77,660 of81,541
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Vice wrote:
Birds rock, birds roll
Rockin Robin
Tweet
Tweet
Cup of mint tea and out the door-- later bird threaders
Jim

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Pray people pray.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Jim wrote:
Pray people pray.
That is quite often not enough. In addition to that, Thomas Jonathon "Stonewall" Jackson did not smoke, drink, play cards, and permitted himself only the sparest of meals. He sometimes refused to march or fight on the Sabbath and often rode with one arm extended over his head pointing towards the Heavens. But even all that was not enough.
Takiki

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Concerned
RealWorld

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>That is quite often not enough. In addition to that, Thomas Jonathon "Stonewall" Jackson did not smoke, drink, play cards, and permitted himself only the sparest of meals. He sometimes refused to march or fight on the Sabbath and often rode with one arm extended over his head pointing towards the Heavens. But even all that was not enough.
What do you mean by "not enough". Did you want him to win the war so that the US could continue to enslave people? Who's side do you think God would have been on?
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

@ All the birder trolls.
Well, look what I found in an old erma bombeck book! "On June 17, 1987,the last remaining dusky sparrow died in Titusville, Florida. He was the last of his species. Since 1600, 109 species of birds and many additional subspecies have disappeared from the earth." Since this book is 13 years old I'm sure more have disappeared.
The birds have been dying all along. Maybe there's just so many more people in the world that the birds don't have a private place left to go off and die. Just a thought.
Imposter

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

RealWorld wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean by "not enough". Did you want him to win the war so that the US could continue to enslave people? Who's side do you think God would have been on?
Yeah, what does that old Wolfman think he is saying there.... fellow?
How dare he put clear thoughts into written words... and present them as plainly as that ugly nose on your ugly face.
Lets get him! He wrote something about a confederate leader so he must have wanted the confederacy to win the war, and that war was all about slavery and nothing else.

You need to do some reading pal, on previous pages here and in a civil war history book.
Then maybe, just maybe now, you could do some thinking..... and then you could come back and see that a philosophical hypothesis was the main point of a factual comment about history.

A man can sit and pray for a fish all day and all night, but in most cases he'll have to get up and go catch a fish after all the praying is done, if he wants to actually eat fish at some point. I hope I helped clarify some things for you pal.
Old imposter is always trying to help you know.
Imposter

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
@ All the birder trolls.
Well, look what I found in an old erma bombeck book! "On June 17, 1987,the last remaining dusky sparrow died in Titusville, Florida. He was the last of his species. Since 1600, 109 species of birds and many additional subspecies have disappeared from the earth." Since this book is 13 years old I'm sure more have disappeared.
The birds have been dying all along. Maybe there's just so many more people in the world that the birds don't have a private place left to go off and die. Just a thought.
Our species is also doomed Anne girl. To hear the egg heads tell it; every particle in our bodies was manufactured inside a star during nuclear fusion, then expelled into the universe as carbon, hydrogen ect upon the star's death cycle during super novae. And there it is once again recycled into elements that are (after billions upon billions of years) used as fuel by a new star and fused again, and around and around we go!!
All of this neat little cycle is perfectly explainable by modern science. Isn't that just great! Its like the egg heads were there to see all of this- they're so sure of it. Hmmmmm
When one of them can explain to me where all this stuff ORIGINALLY came from and how things can just scientifically spring into existence....
I still wont deny the Lord!
What came first the chicken or the egg? On hearing either answer I always ask...who made the chicken, or egg respectively?
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

As a tricky boogie stimulates your nose, you focus on matters that must be kept confidential. As a southpaw, you're even less inclined than usual to share your boogie with others! Massages you receive at this time may be very subtle or contain hidden meanings meant only for your misunderstanding. Follow your nose, and pay closer attention to your azz.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

RealWorld wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean by "not enough". Did you want him to win the war so that the US could continue to enslave people? Who's side do you think God would have been on?
Both sides thought they had GOD on their side and I am simply saying that Stonewall Jackson's pious actions were not enough to sustain him. He was shot by friendly fire through that upraised arm and after amputation, he died May 10, 1863 of pneumonia complications. As a student of that Era, I think both sides were in the wrong.
Imposter

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

qwerty wrote:
As a tricky boogie stimulates your nose, you focus on matters that must be kept confidential. As a southpaw, you're even less inclined than usual to share your boogie with others! Massages you receive at this time may be very subtle or contain hidden meanings meant only for your misunderstanding. Follow your nose, and pay closer attention to your azz.
Dang qwerty, You're so close to the mark with those predictions... its scary. How the sam hill did you know I was left handed? And had a particularly stubborn booger in my nose right now? Man you should open up a palm reading business. Then maybe you could look into the great beyond and tell everyone exactly what killed all those birds.
Imposter

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides thought they had GOD on their side and I am simply saying that Stonewall Jackson's pious actions were not enough to sustain him. He was shot by friendly fire through that upraised arm and after amputation, he died May 10, 1863 of pneumonia complications. As a student of that Era, I think both sides were in the wrong.
There's nothing civil about any war.
Anne

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Our species is also doomed Anne girl. To hear the egg heads tell it; every particle in our bodies was manufactured inside a star during nuclear fusion, then expelled into the universe as carbon, hydrogen ect upon the star's death cycle during super novae. And there it is once again recycled into elements that are (after billions upon billions of years) used as fuel by a new star and fused again, and around and around we go!!
All of this neat little cycle is perfectly explainable by modern science. Isn't that just great! Its like the egg heads were there to see all of this- they're so sure of it. Hmmmmm
When one of them can explain to me where all this stuff ORIGINALLY came from and how things can just scientifically spring into existence....
I still wont deny the Lord!
What came first the chicken or the egg? On hearing either answer I always ask...who made the chicken, or egg respectively?
Why, imposter! What if that was the way it happened! Wow wee!! Blame!! Wow!! We'd better be pretty careful then when we are in those restrooms with those crazy blowing hand dryers... We just might stir us up another kind of person from all that dirt that was on the floor when that hand dryer blows that dirt around and around. Jeez, qwerty, maybe those aint boogies... But tiny persons that we have breathed in from what those cyclone hand dryers created... Wow!! Talk about a grand creation miracle!! Man
Oh man!!
Anne

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

That's all if my smart mouth for the night... Lol
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Dang qwerty, You're so close to the mark with those predictions... its scary. How the sam hill did you know I was left handed? And had a particularly stubborn booger in my nose right now? Man you should open up a palm reading business. Then maybe you could look into the great beyond and tell everyone exactly what killed all those birds.
I wish I could provide more guidance for the people. But weeks of research and planet alignment observation takes its toll on me. My responses are limited..........

~falls asleep~

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I could provide more guidance for the people. But weeks of research and planet alignment observation takes its toll on me. My responses are limited..........

~falls asleep~
Like all good entertainers--- you always leave us wanting more!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

It's been awhile since I stopped in, and I'm glad to see all are still here and posting. I enjoy everyone's observations regarding Creation. Round and round we go. How are the chickens, AW? Are you still doing the Dog/tree routine? Whatever happened to Abeliever. Haven't seen her posting recently. qwerty is a hoot, as usual. Hope to be back soon. Missed all you folks. Take care, and have a good night.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, imposter! What if that was the way it happened! Wow wee!! Blame!! Wow!! We'd better be pretty careful then when we are in those restrooms with those crazy blowing hand dryers... We just might stir us up another kind of person from all that dirt that was on the floor when that hand dryer blows that dirt around and around. Jeez, qwerty, maybe those aint boogies... But tiny persons that we have breathed in from what those cyclone hand dryers created... Wow!! Talk about a grand creation miracle!! Man
Oh man!!
Oh Great!! Next we will have to go in search of "The Abominal Snot Man" ... I am not so sure that removing the "W" and replacing it with the "T" is a grand creation miracle. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
It's been awhile since I stopped in, and I'm glad to see all are still here and posting. I enjoy everyone's observations regarding Creation. Round and round we go. How are the chickens, AW? Are you still doing the Dog/tree routine? Whatever happened to Abeliever. Haven't seen her posting recently. qwerty is a hoot, as usual. Hope to be back soon. Missed all you folks. Take care, and have a good night.
Good to see your post. Dog and I are still doing the wee hours tree visit followed by a "refi" on the coffee and Kibbles. I hate all those commercials where they are too dang lazy to spell out the entire word and next we have to learn an addition to the language. Speaking of round and round.

Chickens are doing fine. They went on a strike in July celebrating "Independence Day", but I showed them.. no eggs, no food.. Not that I am mean, but if they don't work where is the money coming from to buy more laying pellets? round and round also.

Independence Day 1861 was celebrated with equal fervor by both the North and the South with each side claiming they not only had GOD's favor, but also the blessing of the forefathers. A most strange time, indeed.

“One Nation, under God”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

in the bird kill zones look for dead insects and plants as well

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,641 - 77,660 of81,541
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Quantummist 127,813
weed eating 23 min Rumors 15
dead beaty daddy ELIJAH MESSER 32 min nothing new 2
New mayor and City council raise waterpark ... 34 min Omg 15
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 37 min onefoehim 369
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 47 min GOTP 144,630
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 3,734
KC Basketball Coach 3 hr breaking news 49
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search