Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,880)

Showing posts 77,581 - 77,600 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

just an allusion wrote:
So, did anyone ever figure out why all of the birds died?
I believed they ruled that a methane explosion over at the old bird cemetery was the cause of all the dead birds falling from the sky.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Oh my! Just had the strangest meal. Tomato/oregano crackers with sardines in mustard sauce. Ok. Ok. Been in the grocery aisle at big lots! But, hey, I enjoyed my meal.

I spent the day shopping the thrift stores. Books:.25! Summer apparrel:$1.00!! One great little black dress!! I'm set now!! Lol. Chickens have been shut in for the night, "new" clothes washed and in the dryer, and a stack of books I'm checking out ..no history but several Ill send over to the Amish kids!
Well, Miss E, AW's watching movies, I'm in book heaven, so we're not much company tonight :-(

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>I believed they ruled that a methane explosion over at the old bird cemetery was the cause of all the dead birds falling from the sky.
Hi Blue
Glad to see you. Hope life is treating you well.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
I believed they ruled that a methane explosion over at the old bird cemetery was the cause of all the dead birds falling from the sky.
Hmmm, blue, I think I read about that too!!!

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Blue
Glad to see you. Hope life is treating you well.
Hi Miss E. I'm gettin along all right. This has been a strange year!

How are you?

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, blue, I think I read about that too!!!
Of course it could have something to do with government experimenting with bird mass mind control. They got in them birds' heads and made them want to dive bomb the ground.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Miss E. I'm gettin along all right. This has been a strange year!

How are you?
2013 wasn't my best year-- hoping to change that for 2014

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it could have something to do with government experimenting with bird mass mind control. They got in them birds' heads and made them want to dive bomb the ground.
Maybe it was all the fast food scraps they eat. Too heavy to fly?
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Lord have mercy blue! Them birds done gone postal!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Wolf
I am reading a great book about the Navajo Code Talkers---
Fascinating book
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
Wolf
Fascinating book
Well "Vertigo" finished. That should be a good book, I have the movie "WindTalkers" with Nicolas Cage.

And now it is too late for me to join the party. LOL Good Night all.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Dog is up for the 3:30 am tree party but the roosters have yet to toot their horns. No fireworks here either, since there is no one around to light my fuse. LOL
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
Wolf
Fascinating book
My sisters first job as a RN was on a northern Arizona reservation. One of her patients had been a code talker in his early years. You are right, It is fascinating.

Good morning! Think I'll hit the snooze button a couple of times. My cousin ( that fell off the mattress while mattress surfing) and I will head out to breakfast in about an hour. Doc says she's not broken, just bruised and can go back go work Monday. Like they say, it's all fun and games till somebody gets hurt....... At our age we don't bounce when we fall :-(
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Today's Civil War story and then I will get outside to work to feed the chickens and build a wire enclosure for burning trash overtop a stump that blocks my access from the back of the house to the side yard. I hope to burn out that stump over a winter's worth of trash burning.

There were speculations as just how 18 year old Molly Morehead was able to ride her horse with a waving hat and long hair tresses blowing in the wind and go right on by Union soldiers to warn and urge on and accompany Confederate Cavalry General Nathan Bedford Forrest along the way from Sacremento Kentucky to Greenville.

In the movie, Forrest Gump claims his mama told him that he was some kin to Nathan Bedford Forrest. Nathan Bedford spent some time involved with the Klu Klux Klan as the Grand Wizard of Tennessee from 1867-69. Good day.

“One Nation, under God”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

It has happened here in DEEP EAST TEXAS and in parts of the swamps of Louisiana as well, specimins ned to be collected and necropsies need to be done so "We the People" can conduct our own investigation since the "authorities" are owned by corporations and are PAID TO LIE to us. Time for a "Government Corrution Investigation Agency" run by CITIZENS, NOT Government! Why do WE THE PEOPLE keep letting the fox guard the hen-house? Are we really that gullible and collectively stupid to keep doing so? The "government" is full of PEOPLE, NOT SAINTS!!! Many of those alleged "people" (govt employees) do NOT have the "public interest" in mind and most especially not at Heart. ALWAYS be wary of ANYONE who wants toi make a career out of "domintaing others" especially in "official capacities"! Why would a "normal" person want such power over a mass of strangers ... unless NOT "normal"?! Time We the People TOOK OUR Government BACK and put corporate "employees/agents" back into their places in the CORPORATE sector and not permitted to INFILTRATE government positions without severe regulation and over-sight of those "former employees". Being an open TRAITOR to the citizens MUST be STOPPED!! In a time of WAR, betraying your fellow citizens and country is TREASON!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

We think of the Ku Klux Klan as being a Southern Institution and it did origninate in Pulaski, Tennessee. But it's most prominent period of growth in membership was in Indiana when the people there began to be fearful of immigrants from Europe and the South affecting their employment. During the 1920s, membership grew at a rate of almost 2000 per week.

Hatred and Bigotry is not just prevalent in the South and generally stems from fear out of certain changes that may affect the continuation of their comfort zones. That is evidenced right here on this little thread. Thanks in advance for the spam and the nuts. LOL

“One Nation, under God”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

do not forget i in Michigan also ... look into Malcolm X's fathers murder to see but just a single example of it there

closer to me in both geography and time is the Jasper murders when a new way to muder was coined into criminolgy here in Texas .. "to Jasper" someone is not a party you want an invite to

what "color" of enemies have our troops been sent to kill since Reagan took office .. nearly all "brown" since Granada invasion to present
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

AW. This Molly Morehead with the long tresses and southern belle hat.. A woman dressed like that couldn't NOT be seen by a bunch of lonely guys. Perhaps she passed by during the night or perhaps she tucked that crown of glory under a hat borrowed from papa. Providence? Who knows but it worked.
That stump burning project will take the winter to complete, I'm sure!! Patience, my dear man, patience! I'm sadly lacking in that department :-(
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Texian wrote:
do not forget i in Michigan also ... look into Malcolm X's fathers murder to see but just a single example of it there
closer to me in both geography and time is the Jasper murders when a new way to muder was coined into criminolgy here in Texas .. "to Jasper" someone is not a party you want an invite to
what "color" of enemies have our troops been sent to kill since Reagan took office .. nearly all "brown" since Granada invasion to present
You are correct on Michigan as well as other states (even dating back to the Civil War era) when many industrial working class felt threatened by the slaves being freed while the industrial leaders foresaw cheaper labor. The issue of slavery was more a "money" issue than a "humanity" issue and that still exists even until current times. It is a battle of the "haves" versus the "have nots".

As,I stated in an earlier post there was no clear dividing lines on the conflict. Many in the north supported the Southern Cause including the Mayor of New York City while many Southerners supported the preservation of the Union and did not care one way or the other on the slave issue.

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
We think of the Ku Klux Klan as being a Southern Institution and it did origninate in Pulaski, Tennessee. But it's most prominent period of growth in membership was in Indiana when the people there began to be fearful of immigrants from Europe and the South affecting their employment. During the 1920s, membership grew at a rate of almost 2000 per week.
Hatred and Bigotry is not just prevalent in the South and generally stems from fear out of certain changes that may affect the continuation of their comfort zones. That is evidenced right here on this little thread. Thanks in advance for the spam and the nuts. LOL
You are absolutely correct, A.W.! Boston, and most of Massachusetts, are very bigoted, too. Remember "forced busing," back in the 70's? The people up there raised all kinds of a ruckus, over that!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,581 - 77,600 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min wwwcurious 127,984
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Jay 144,896
Lasha Hoskins (Jun '09) 28 min dlp 8
Becky and Richard hicks 1 hr Hater 1
I have nothing to say.. 1 hr Chris Caldwell 1
Ssi cuts foodstamps badly ! (Jan '13) 2 hr Dude 82
blackberry's 3 hr Blackberry 6
KC Basketball Coach 7 hr KC Fan 55
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 15 hr Fillus 382
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs