Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92374 Sep 5, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
Wolf
I am reading a great book about the Navajo Code Talkers---
Fascinating book
Well "Vertigo" finished. That should be a good book, I have the movie "WindTalkers" with Nicolas Cage.

And now it is too late for me to join the party. LOL Good Night all.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92375 Sep 6, 2013
Dog is up for the 3:30 am tree party but the roosters have yet to toot their horns. No fireworks here either, since there is no one around to light my fuse. LOL
Anne

United States

#92376 Sep 6, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
Wolf
I am reading a great book about the Navajo Code Talkers---
Fascinating book
My sisters first job as a RN was on a northern Arizona reservation. One of her patients had been a code talker in his early years. You are right, It is fascinating.

Good morning! Think I'll hit the snooze button a couple of times. My cousin ( that fell off the mattress while mattress surfing) and I will head out to breakfast in about an hour. Doc says she's not broken, just bruised and can go back go work Monday. Like they say, it's all fun and games till somebody gets hurt....... At our age we don't bounce when we fall :-(
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92377 Sep 6, 2013
Today's Civil War story and then I will get outside to work to feed the chickens and build a wire enclosure for burning trash overtop a stump that blocks my access from the back of the house to the side yard. I hope to burn out that stump over a winter's worth of trash burning.

There were speculations as just how 18 year old Molly Morehead was able to ride her horse with a waving hat and long hair tresses blowing in the wind and go right on by Union soldiers to warn and urge on and accompany Confederate Cavalry General Nathan Bedford Forrest along the way from Sacremento Kentucky to Greenville.

In the movie, Forrest Gump claims his mama told him that he was some kin to Nathan Bedford Forrest. Nathan Bedford spent some time involved with the Klu Klux Klan as the Grand Wizard of Tennessee from 1867-69. Good day.

“One Nation, under God”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#92378 Sep 6, 2013
It has happened here in DEEP EAST TEXAS and in parts of the swamps of Louisiana as well, specimins ned to be collected and necropsies need to be done so "We the People" can conduct our own investigation since the "authorities" are owned by corporations and are PAID TO LIE to us. Time for a "Government Corrution Investigation Agency" run by CITIZENS, NOT Government! Why do WE THE PEOPLE keep letting the fox guard the hen-house? Are we really that gullible and collectively stupid to keep doing so? The "government" is full of PEOPLE, NOT SAINTS!!! Many of those alleged "people" (govt employees) do NOT have the "public interest" in mind and most especially not at Heart. ALWAYS be wary of ANYONE who wants toi make a career out of "domintaing others" especially in "official capacities"! Why would a "normal" person want such power over a mass of strangers ... unless NOT "normal"?! Time We the People TOOK OUR Government BACK and put corporate "employees/agents" back into their places in the CORPORATE sector and not permitted to INFILTRATE government positions without severe regulation and over-sight of those "former employees". Being an open TRAITOR to the citizens MUST be STOPPED!! In a time of WAR, betraying your fellow citizens and country is TREASON!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92379 Sep 6, 2013
We think of the Ku Klux Klan as being a Southern Institution and it did origninate in Pulaski, Tennessee. But it's most prominent period of growth in membership was in Indiana when the people there began to be fearful of immigrants from Europe and the South affecting their employment. During the 1920s, membership grew at a rate of almost 2000 per week.

Hatred and Bigotry is not just prevalent in the South and generally stems from fear out of certain changes that may affect the continuation of their comfort zones. That is evidenced right here on this little thread. Thanks in advance for the spam and the nuts. LOL

“One Nation, under God”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#92380 Sep 6, 2013
do not forget i in Michigan also ... look into Malcolm X's fathers murder to see but just a single example of it there

closer to me in both geography and time is the Jasper murders when a new way to muder was coined into criminolgy here in Texas .. "to Jasper" someone is not a party you want an invite to

what "color" of enemies have our troops been sent to kill since Reagan took office .. nearly all "brown" since Granada invasion to present
Anne

United States

#92381 Sep 6, 2013
AW. This Molly Morehead with the long tresses and southern belle hat.. A woman dressed like that couldn't NOT be seen by a bunch of lonely guys. Perhaps she passed by during the night or perhaps she tucked that crown of glory under a hat borrowed from papa. Providence? Who knows but it worked.
That stump burning project will take the winter to complete, I'm sure!! Patience, my dear man, patience! I'm sadly lacking in that department :-(
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92382 Sep 6, 2013
Texian wrote:
do not forget i in Michigan also ... look into Malcolm X's fathers murder to see but just a single example of it there
closer to me in both geography and time is the Jasper murders when a new way to muder was coined into criminolgy here in Texas .. "to Jasper" someone is not a party you want an invite to
what "color" of enemies have our troops been sent to kill since Reagan took office .. nearly all "brown" since Granada invasion to present
You are correct on Michigan as well as other states (even dating back to the Civil War era) when many industrial working class felt threatened by the slaves being freed while the industrial leaders foresaw cheaper labor. The issue of slavery was more a "money" issue than a "humanity" issue and that still exists even until current times. It is a battle of the "haves" versus the "have nots".

As,I stated in an earlier post there was no clear dividing lines on the conflict. Many in the north supported the Southern Cause including the Mayor of New York City while many Southerners supported the preservation of the Union and did not care one way or the other on the slave issue.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#92383 Sep 6, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
We think of the Ku Klux Klan as being a Southern Institution and it did origninate in Pulaski, Tennessee. But it's most prominent period of growth in membership was in Indiana when the people there began to be fearful of immigrants from Europe and the South affecting their employment. During the 1920s, membership grew at a rate of almost 2000 per week.
Hatred and Bigotry is not just prevalent in the South and generally stems from fear out of certain changes that may affect the continuation of their comfort zones. That is evidenced right here on this little thread. Thanks in advance for the spam and the nuts. LOL
You are absolutely correct, A.W.! Boston, and most of Massachusetts, are very bigoted, too. Remember "forced busing," back in the 70's? The people up there raised all kinds of a ruckus, over that!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92385 Sep 6, 2013
You are correct on Michigan and other states dating all the way back to the Civil War Era when many working class felt threatened by the slaves being freed, while industrial leaders foresaw cheaper labor. That continues even until current times with conflicts between the "haves" and "have nots". Slavery was more of a "money" issue than a "humanity" issue.

As I stated in an earlier post, there were no clear dividing lines with many Northerners supporting the Southern Cause even including the Mayor of New York City. While many Southerners supported the preservation of the Union.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92386 Sep 6, 2013
Sorry about the double, it did not appear to post the first time around.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#92389 Sep 6, 2013
Texian wrote:
<quoted text>
Beware of that GMO corn, no one really knows what kind of mutations it can do, lolol Oh, forget about being warned if it is or not, MONSANTO enjoys an exemption in USA, unlike 50 other nations, on NOT labelling American products containg ANY GMO's. Critics call the law, the MONSANTO Protection Act .. look it up, a horrific Bill Obama signed into LAW!
I read about this act several months ago. In other countries there are stiff fines and severe penalties enforced upon companies selling products with GMO's and preservatives. It amazes me that this country that is supposed to be so far advanced continues to allow dangerous products in our food supplies and drinks especially when other countries feel the need to ban them. Just recently red dye 40 and yellow dyes were found to cause hyperactivity in children. The prolonged use of eating rice especially brown can cause cancer due to the arsenic exposure. Yep, Monsanto gets a free pass. Not to mention all of the "fake" sugars out there. I'll continue to use cane sugar, honey and molasses. I'll have my salt,eggs and kefir at least I know they're organic and can be eaten safely.Lol

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#92390 Sep 6, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
I believed they ruled that a methane explosion over at the old bird cemetery was the cause of all the dead birds falling from the sky.
Uh, that is...ignorant.

Methane? From a bird cemetery?! Really?!?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92391 Sep 7, 2013
Some posters must be off harmonizing with B. B. King on "The Thrill is Gone"

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92392 Sep 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Some posters must be off harmonizing with B. B. King on "The Thrill is Gone"
Just getting ready to head out the door. Enjoying some tea and toast first.

Houston, TX

#92393 Sep 7, 2013
Texian wrote:
<quoted text>
Beware of that GMO corn, no one really knows what kind of mutations it can do, lolol Oh, forget about being warned if it is or not, MONSANTO enjoys an exemption in USA, unlike 50 other nations, on NOT labelling American products containg ANY GMO's. Critics call the law, the MONSANTO Protection Act .. look it up, a horrific Bill Obama signed into LAW!
I will look it up, because I have many questions about genetically altered foods, as to whether they are really as safe as the government tries to tell us it is! Thanks!

Houston, TX

#92395 Sep 7, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute. Real cute. Ha ha. Come on over, I just bought a couple of puzzles that's stored on the bottom shelf of the kitchen cabinet. That rooster puzzle and one other..
Have a great evening!
Ha-ha!!! Thank you, Anne, and you have a wonderful weekend! God bless!!
Anne

Jeffersonville, IN

#92396 Sep 7, 2013
I'm at a Reno Brothers reenactment weekend today! Food, music, art, food, massages, quilting, food, my cowboy re enactor neighbor, porcelain painting, and more food. Reno brothers had a habit of robbing trains!
I spent some time at the airport earlier checking out the ultralites ... Fireworks there tonight !! Lots of them!! The yard sale earlier turned out to be a lucky thing for the grandson!! Just down his alley!!
Amen

Pikeville, KY

#92397 Sep 7, 2013
Hi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where the heck is brandon brayson? (Apr '11) 13 min truth 7
jason hughes 15 min whoa 12
Linda Darlene Doolin (Jan '09) 31 min barberette5657 3
teena Marie mills 50 min infoman 7
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 1 hr Darren 226
food stamp office 1 hr Darren 16
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr stray-cat 132,163
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 2 hr Just a fact 22
praying it's all a lie 22 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52