Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81703 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

United States

#92450 Sep 9, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Our species is also doomed Anne girl. To hear the egg heads tell it; every particle in our bodies was manufactured inside a star during nuclear fusion, then expelled into the universe as carbon, hydrogen ect upon the star's death cycle during super novae. And there it is once again recycled into elements that are (after billions upon billions of years) used as fuel by a new star and fused again, and around and around we go!!
All of this neat little cycle is perfectly explainable by modern science. Isn't that just great! Its like the egg heads were there to see all of this- they're so sure of it. Hmmmmm
When one of them can explain to me where all this stuff ORIGINALLY came from and how things can just scientifically spring into existence....
I still wont deny the Lord!
What came first the chicken or the egg? On hearing either answer I always ask...who made the chicken, or egg respectively?
Why, imposter! What if that was the way it happened! Wow wee!! Blame!! Wow!! We'd better be pretty careful then when we are in those restrooms with those crazy blowing hand dryers... We just might stir us up another kind of person from all that dirt that was on the floor when that hand dryer blows that dirt around and around. Jeez, qwerty, maybe those aint boogies... But tiny persons that we have breathed in from what those cyclone hand dryers created... Wow!! Talk about a grand creation miracle!! Man
Oh man!!
Anne

United States

#92451 Sep 9, 2013
That's all if my smart mouth for the night... Lol
qwerty

Buna, TX

#92452 Sep 9, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Dang qwerty, You're so close to the mark with those predictions... its scary. How the sam hill did you know I was left handed? And had a particularly stubborn booger in my nose right now? Man you should open up a palm reading business. Then maybe you could look into the great beyond and tell everyone exactly what killed all those birds.
I wish I could provide more guidance for the people. But weeks of research and planet alignment observation takes its toll on me. My responses are limited..........

~falls asleep~

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92453 Sep 9, 2013
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I could provide more guidance for the people. But weeks of research and planet alignment observation takes its toll on me. My responses are limited..........

~falls asleep~
Like all good entertainers--- you always leave us wanting more!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#92454 Sep 9, 2013
It's been awhile since I stopped in, and I'm glad to see all are still here and posting. I enjoy everyone's observations regarding Creation. Round and round we go. How are the chickens, AW? Are you still doing the Dog/tree routine? Whatever happened to Abeliever. Haven't seen her posting recently. qwerty is a hoot, as usual. Hope to be back soon. Missed all you folks. Take care, and have a good night.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92455 Sep 10, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, imposter! What if that was the way it happened! Wow wee!! Blame!! Wow!! We'd better be pretty careful then when we are in those restrooms with those crazy blowing hand dryers... We just might stir us up another kind of person from all that dirt that was on the floor when that hand dryer blows that dirt around and around. Jeez, qwerty, maybe those aint boogies... But tiny persons that we have breathed in from what those cyclone hand dryers created... Wow!! Talk about a grand creation miracle!! Man
Oh man!!
Oh Great!! Next we will have to go in search of "The Abominal Snot Man" ... I am not so sure that removing the "W" and replacing it with the "T" is a grand creation miracle. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92456 Sep 10, 2013
Oglala wrote:
It's been awhile since I stopped in, and I'm glad to see all are still here and posting. I enjoy everyone's observations regarding Creation. Round and round we go. How are the chickens, AW? Are you still doing the Dog/tree routine? Whatever happened to Abeliever. Haven't seen her posting recently. qwerty is a hoot, as usual. Hope to be back soon. Missed all you folks. Take care, and have a good night.
Good to see your post. Dog and I are still doing the wee hours tree visit followed by a "refi" on the coffee and Kibbles. I hate all those commercials where they are too dang lazy to spell out the entire word and next we have to learn an addition to the language. Speaking of round and round.

Chickens are doing fine. They went on a strike in July celebrating "Independence Day", but I showed them.. no eggs, no food.. Not that I am mean, but if they don't work where is the money coming from to buy more laying pellets? round and round also.

Independence Day 1861 was celebrated with equal fervor by both the North and the South with each side claiming they not only had GOD's favor, but also the blessing of the forefathers. A most strange time, indeed.

Texian

“One Nation, under God”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#92457 Sep 10, 2013
in the bird kill zones look for dead insects and plants as well
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92458 Sep 10, 2013
All wars result from selfish interests such as "You have something and I want it" or "I have something and you can't get it". That goes all the way back to Cain and Abel, Jacob and Esau, Joseph and his brothers, Ghengis Khan, Napolean, Hitler, Hirohito, and "round and round". The Civil War was the same, more a money issue than a humanity issue.

Why else would Lincoln's statements be that if he could preserves the Union by freeing some, he would do that or by freeing none he would do that also? Or why would Grant fight to free the slaves yet be so anti-Semitic?

Are we willing to wage war to maintain lower oil prices? or are we willing and able to pay higher taxes to implement social welfare? It all depends on which side of the "Haves" and "Have nots" that you reside.

Texian

“One Nation, under God”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#92459 Sep 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
All wars result from selfish interests such as "You have something and I want it" or "I have something and you can't get it". That goes all the way back to Cain and Abel, Jacob and Esau, Joseph and his brothers, Ghengis Khan, Napolean, Hitler, Hirohito, and "round and round". The Civil War was the same, more a money issue than a humanity issue.
Why else would Lincoln's statements be that if he could preserves the Union by freeing some, he would do that or by freeing none he would do that also? Or why would Grant fight to free the slaves yet be so anti-Semitic?
Are we willing to wage war to maintain lower oil prices? or are we willing and able to pay higher taxes to implement social welfare? It all depends on which side of the "Haves" and "Have nots" that you reside.
J.F.K. used some of the things he learned from the book to get us past the Missile Crisis of Oct.'62 .....
"The Guns of August"

just

Wooton, KY

#92460 Sep 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
thinking about gas when it was 99 cents a gallon.you could go far on so less money.and thinking about them well fair taxes .here what i think about that if the corporate welfare was cut 3% a year then that would cover all the social welfare.i think 30 billion dollars a year is to much of our tax dollars to give to them already rich 1% don't you?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92461 Sep 10, 2013
just wrote:
<quoted text>thinking about gas when it was 99 cents a gallon.you could go far on so less money.and thinking about them well fair taxes .here what i think about that if the corporate welfare was cut 3% a year then that would cover all the social welfare.i think 30 billion dollars a year is to much of our tax dollars to give to them already rich 1% don't you?
Showing my age, but I recall when people used to come into the station where I worked and get 5 gallons for $1.60 and I pumped it and cleaned their windshield (a real Goober lol). But I only earned $40 a week. I think there is way too much waste in both the corporate as well as the individual sectors. We have become a disposable society of living for the "now". It is almost amazing to learn how much some people have out on credit cards and if I don't have the money to buy things, I don't and generally find out that I did not really need it in the first place.
Anne

United States

#92464 Sep 10, 2013
How many of you threaders got your AARP bulletin this week? On page 46 they compare prices between today and 50 years ago. They used a minimum wage from then and minimum wage now to tell how long a person would have to work to earn money for a half gallon of milk. Then? 25 minutes. Now? 21 minutes. But a tank of gas: 3.4 hours then and 8.4 hours for now.
One thing I don't understand is that "today" the typical CEO earns $4,615.38 per hour? Wow!$35,000.. Per day?? I knew I was poor but... Wow
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92465 Sep 10, 2013
Saw on the news today where Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain's Civil War Medal of Honor was found in a book at a church sale and returned to the Maine museum where it was authenticated to be the real medal.

Chamberlain's 20th Maine regiment was charged with holding the extreme left flank of the Union lines at Gettysburg on "Little Round Top". After running out of ammunition and to keep the confederates from sweeping around their flank, he ordered a bayonet charge sweeping down the hill swinging like a "door". Chamberlain was not a career military leader but a former professor from Bowdoin College.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#92466 Sep 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Saw on the news today where Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain's Civil War Medal of Honor was found in a book at a church sale and returned to the Maine museum where it was authenticated to be the real medal.
Chamberlain's 20th Maine regiment was charged with holding the extreme left flank of the Union lines at Gettysburg on "Little Round Top". After running out of ammunition and to keep the confederates from sweeping around their flank, he ordered a bayonet charge sweeping down the hill swinging like a "door". Chamberlain was not a career military leader but a former professor from Bowdoin College.
AW,
It is also noted that Lt. Holman S. Melcher ordered the bayonet charge but that proves not to be the case. Melcher had approached Chamberlain about going forward toward the confederate flank to recover some wounded men. There WERE out of ammo and he mentioned to Chamberlain that they would be fixing bayonets. Word spread so quickly that Chamberlain, when he did give that order found the men under Melcher's command already charging down the hill with bayonets fixed and the Confederates scattered... It is not the main point. IF the Union had lost at Gettysburg the Confederate Army "could" have marched unimpeded all the way to D.C. and entire outcome would have been changed.

And so went the "War of Northern Aggression"...
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92467 Sep 11, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
AW,
It is also noted that Lt. Holman S. Melcher ordered the bayonet charge but that proves not to be the case. Melcher had approached Chamberlain about going forward toward the confederate flank to recover some wounded men. There WERE out of ammo and he mentioned to Chamberlain that they would be fixing bayonets. Word spread so quickly that Chamberlain, when he did give that order found the men under Melcher's command already charging down the hill with bayonets fixed and the Confederates scattered... It is not the main point. IF the Union had lost at Gettysburg the Confederate Army "could" have marched unimpeded all the way to D.C. and entire outcome would have been changed.
And so went the "War of Northern Aggression"...
yes you are correct. I read somewhere that Chamberlain (having been a professor) was just better at writing the story and was not even awarded the medal until later. And like most people, he most likely embellished the story to better include his own participation.

In my reading some authors claim that the main issues with that war involved money (on both sides), fear of the loss of same, status, and trying to force their beliefs on to others. Also that many people of the south did not favor the secession but it was pushed through by politicians desiring to be big fish in a smaller pond. Sounds much like current times.

I have recently learned that some benefits from that war with the Southern States out of the Congress included the western expansion with the HomeStead Act of May 1862, The National Currency Act of Feb 1862, and the awarding of lands for the building of the railroads and telegraph lines. Also that the literacy rates improved significantly since many needed to learn to read and write to exchange letters. I found it somewhat interesting, tht even after the secession the one thing that remained in the South under control of the Federal Government was the Post Office.
Imposter

London, KY

#92470 Sep 11, 2013
Anne wrote:
How many of you threaders got your AARP bulletin this week? On page 46 they compare prices between today and 50 years ago. They used a minimum wage from then and minimum wage now to tell how long a person would have to work to earn money for a half gallon of milk. Then? 25 minutes. Now? 21 minutes. But a tank of gas: 3.4 hours then and 8.4 hours for now.
One thing I don't understand is that "today" the typical CEO earns $4,615.38 per hour? Wow!$35,000.. Per day?? I knew I was poor but... Wow
I know what you mean Anne girl. Things are becoming very disproportionate.

Off subject- but did you ever play with those connect the dots books that form clear pictures if you did them right, when you was a little Anne?
I did. I really liked connecting those little dots, I still do. Remember now, old too tall loves you th. ;) That one was a wink AND a smile.
Not enough time for much of this topix stuff today- back to work.
Hi ho, Hi ho, its off to work I go....
Imposter

London, KY

#92471 Sep 11, 2013
Good stuff AW and TG...good stuff. Thanks fellows, I needed that.
qwerty

Buna, TX

#92474 Sep 11, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>
if you keep on with all that research you're going to figure out the secrete of the universe.
Oh, that's still a few weeks out.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#92476 Sep 11, 2013
I did not think that a linear algorithm of a binary encoded hexadecimal expression of a dot matrix would hang around very long. More research is required. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min North Mountain 159,607
Alvin Hubbard 39 min Sometimes 1
Amber brock 2 hr Amber 14
Who hit Billy Roark?? 2 hr dad 2
Joshua Kyle Ramsey, KCHS teacher arrested in Mi... 2 hr prof 2
Meth 5 hr teacher 14
Ron Brock Busted (May '14) 5 hr YeA 22
Coach dinky out?? 10 hr Glen 11

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages