Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,873)

Showing posts 77,441 - 77,460 of81,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

whitehair wrote:
Any of you out there good on judgeing trees?
My red maple grew too large and the roots above ground were being hit by the mower with the leaves getting into the gutter.
So, it got cut down. Now looking for a small, good shade pretty tree to do a replacement. Thought about a Japanese Maple , or, a blooming ornamental Pear, as well as a blooming weeping cherry.
Any ideas out there??
Do you like mimosa trees? They are pretty hardy and do real good around here. The flowers are bright and hang on for about half of the warm season every year. In the fall they get little bean pods on them. I like the shape of the leaves to. Just an idea, they aren't fancy or nothing but I think they look right nice.
Of course my favorite scent is the scent of those old wild thorn roses. I let a good patch of them grow relatively close to the shack. The rabbits appreciate them as much or more than I do.
My brother has been trying to talk me into bush hogging them for a long time but I think I'll just let a good patch of em keep growing ...not spread mind you.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

best1 wrote:
I HAD SOME FLY OVER JUST NOW
You had some flies over? Get a fly swatter and kill those pesky things.

Is your caps lock stuck or are you yelling in type?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Do you like mimosa trees? They are pretty hardy and do real good around here. The flowers are bright and hang on for about half of the warm season every year. In the fall they get little bean pods on them. I like the shape of the leaves to. Just an idea, they aren't fancy or nothing but I think they look right nice.
Of course my favorite scent is the scent of those old wild thorn roses. I let a good patch of them grow relatively close to the shack. The rabbits appreciate them as much or more than I do.
My brother has been trying to talk me into bush hogging them for a long time but I think I'll just let a good patch of em keep growing ...not spread mind you.
My favorite is a magnolia tree.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

The mimosa trees are really pretty and it would be nice to have a couple in the yard. We had them in in Louisiana and I really liked them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
The mimosa trees are really pretty and it would be nice to have a couple in the yard. We had them in in Louisiana and I really liked them.
I lived in Louisiana for many years. Nothing prettier than trees in the swamp basin. lol
sweettalkinguy

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

A lot of strange things going on these days, fortunately its football season though!
www.newdrivewaypavivg.com

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Don't look up in those baccer barns if you can help it. One drop of that baccer juice in your eye will sting the rest of the day!
And be careful on those rails if you get up on them Blue. They'll be slick with juice, its been pretty hot.
Have a good night skywatching if that is what you're doing, it sure is a good night for it. I reckon mars is pretty bright this time of year.
I know what you mean about stuff gettin in my eyes! It seems if I'm doing anything other than spiking there's always something gettin in my eyes.

Sometimes even spiking flips dirt, water or something
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite is a magnolia tree.
They are good looking trees, bloomed out or not.
That made me think of the scenery in middle Georgia. Those and that old man's beard moss or whatever it is that hangs from the trees down there. I got a handful of that moss on the way back from Florida one year and threw it up in an old hoary creek-willow that dad planted on my little plot of rock farm here in Ky. It grew the rest of the summer but froze out that winter.
You know I have a nice rock farm going here, quite a few have already sprouted. I just cant get the darn things to grow.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
They do real good here in eastern Ky. The older folks call them silk trees. I like the way the flowers look all warm and fuzzy.
I always liked warm and fuzzy things. Bwaaaahahaha

I slipped one in on you that time girly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>They are good looking trees, bloomed out or not.
That made me think of the scenery in middle Georgia. Those and that old man's beard moss or whatever it is that hangs from the trees down there. I got a handful of that moss on the way back from Florida one year and threw it up in an old hoary creek-willow that dad planted on my little plot of rock farm here in Ky. It grew the rest of the summer but froze out that winter.
You know I have a nice rock farm going here, quite a few have already sprouted. I just cant get the darn things to grow.
I was raised on an island, I've had my share of tropical landscape. I did buy a hibiscus this year. The moss is gorgeous. I think the prettiest cemeteries I ever saw were in New Orleans. Lots of old trees with moss and the above ground crypts
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean about stuff gettin in my eyes! It seems if I'm doing anything other than spiking there's always something gettin in my eyes.
Sometimes even spiking flips dirt, water or something
Blue that is some hard work and it can be quite dangerous if a man dont watch. I've seen a many a man get a spear in the hand sticking and more than a few fall off the rails in the barn.
Think about it, you start hanging sticks on the top rails and after it heats up good the sap starts to drop and where does it land? On the rails below. I have a lot of respect for a man that can work beside the mex and quite a bit of respect for the mex too.
Are there many Mexicans working the fields down your way?
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised on an island, I've had my share of tropical landscape. I did buy a hibiscus this year. The moss is gorgeous. I think the prettiest cemeteries I ever saw were in New Orleans. Lots of old trees with moss and the above ground crypts
Red hair, green eyes, raised up on the bayou probably running the beaches barefoot. What a woman!

The only time I ever went to Louisiana I had made a wrong turn. I turned around when I passed the welcome to Louisiana sign. Now I wish I had kept going, it sounds like a real nice place down in those parts.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>They do real good here in eastern Ky. The older folks call them silk trees. I like the way the flowers look all warm and fuzzy.
I always liked warm and fuzzy things. Bwaaaahahaha
I slipped one in on you that time girly.
(.)(.)
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Whoever put that spam on my post can keep it, to many nitrites in that junk for me. If I keep up this healthy living I'll be out on the town like a buck in rut before long.
This is dirty but heck I'm posting it anyway.
I used to ask the ladies; whats it going to be? We can either frack fight or wrestle or any combination of the three tonight, its all fun to me. Man oh man that was bad. hehehehe true colors keep shining through.
G'night gang.
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a park in Savannah Georgia adjacent to the old town jail and the Spanish Moss (it is not really moss) grows on all the trees except the one they hung a woman on. I don't recall what her crime was though. On the opposite side of the park is the bench that Forest Gump sat on and behind that is the church or cathedral where the feather floated down in the final scene. That is supposed to be one of the most haunted cities and you can tour in a hearse. LOL

When Sherman marched through Georgia, he did not destroy Savannah but his troops tore up an old cemetary opening the crypts and staying in them out of the weather, knocked over and rearranged some of the stones. There is a midnight candle-light tour through that cemetary.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
A tropical landscape would suit me just fine right now! I really enjoyed my trip to Hawaii a couple years ago and would love to return . Wishful thinking . Lol
You are right about those old cemeteries in New Orleans . Beautiful! all this is making me want to pack my suitcase and head out. Lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Red hair, green eyes, raised up on the bayou probably running the beaches barefoot. What a woman!

The only time I ever went to Louisiana I had made a wrong turn. I turned around when I passed the welcome to Louisiana sign. Now I wish I had kept going, it sounds like a real nice place down in those parts.
It is beautiful and the culture and people are very interesting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>There is a park in Savannah Georgia adjacent to the old town jail and the Spanish Moss (it is not really moss) grows on all the trees except the one they hung a woman on. I don't recall what her crime was though. On the opposite side of the park is the bench that Forest Gump sat on and behind that is the church or cathedral where the feather floated down in the final scene. That is supposed to be one of the most haunted cities and you can tour in a hearse. LOL

When Sherman marched through Georgia, he did not destroy Savannah but his troops tore up an old cemetary opening the crypts and staying in them out of the weather, knocked over and rearranged some of the stones. There is a midnight candle-light tour through that cemetary.
That would be interesting. Savannah is on my list of places to visit. I've never been there

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>A tropical landscape would suit me just fine right now! I really enjoyed my trip to Hawaii a couple years ago and would love to return . Wishful thinking . Lol
You are right about those old cemeteries in New Orleans . Beautiful! all this is making me want to pack my suitcase and head out. Lol
Good idea. September has an R in it so we can get some crawfish. Pinching tails, sucking heads-- yum
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
It is beautiful and the culture and people are very interesting.
Especially, Marie Laveau LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,441 - 77,460 of81,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Any couples into SCAT??? 15 min Dirty SCAT couple 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Le Jimbo 146,084
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 128,542
legalize marijuana 2 hr ole hippy 4
Stacy frost carnes 2 hr ditched 9
Ky Biscuit Company 2 hr same here 13
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 2 hr Just Watching 1
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••