Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,872)

Showing posts 77,421 - 77,440 of81,545
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

A man and a woman, who have never met before, find themselves in the same sleeping carriage of a train. After the initial embarrassment, they both manage to get to sleep; the woman on the top bunk, the man on the lower.

In the middle of the night the woman leans over and says, "I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm awfully cold and I was wondering if you could possibly pass me another blanket?"

The man leans out and with a glint in his eye said "I've got a better idea ... let's pretend we're married."

"Why not," giggles the woman.

"Good," he replies. "Get your own damned blanket!"
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

@ Wolf I am a lifetime "honorary" member at the club, I never served but Sam did. I made a pure as out of myself last night I only hope that Sam doesn't have to pay for my mistake in any way. He was one of the ones that sponsored me years and years ago.
I feel the same as you do about what other people think of me, in that- I care not a whit.
We only had a couple of brews a piece. We had fun...I dont see the big deal... so they can bite me. I'll go over to the home later and get a damage report.
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
@ Wolf I am a lifetime "honorary" member at the club, I never served but Sam did. I made a pure as out of myself last night I only hope that Sam doesn't have to pay for my mistake in any way. He was one of the ones that sponsored me years and years ago.
I feel the same as you do about what other people think of me, in that- I care not a whit.
We only had a couple of brews a piece. We had fun...I dont see the big deal... so they can bite me. I'll go over to the home later and get a damage report.
I know what you mean, your only concern is that you don't want Old Sam having to pay for any damage but he is probably enjoying the opportunity to get out and even if there is any damage he had a good moment and the ends justify the means.

I visited again a couple weeks ago and talked with some old guy I never knew before. He was glad I came and he said the worst part of being in there was not being able to work in his garden or mow his grass. They had helped him piddle with a few tomatoes out behind the building and he was very proud of those and wanted me to go look out the window. I bragged on his little tomatoes which were about the same size as my own.(mine did not do very well at all this year).

Then I went on to a birthday party for some old gal that I did not know her or her family either and had just turned 103 years old. She was all smiles when I told her I always had a fondness for older women and especially those wearing pretty pink outfits. Too often relatives stick their elders in places like that and while the staff does the best they can, they rarely get what they really need which is someone just showing that they really care about them. She made sure that I got the biggest piece of cake even though her hands were shaking almost too much to even slide it over toward me.

Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

It flabbergasts me that the elders or any convalescent patient is required to go without alcoholic beverages and sexual gratification. Is that not living? Geez, I had a Worker tell one time of chasing an older lady off a paraplegic patient. I'm like if there's no harm done what was the problem. Those places take away basic rights from Folks. They often get admonished for self gratifiction and then wonder why patients have to take nerve pills and psychotic meds.
@ Imposter, good for you for standing up to the croney phoney business. The man is alive to enjoy the rest of his days not have his hands slapped like a child. Yeah, reward him real good the next time;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Anne wrote:
Martinsburg W Va. Downtown In front of the public library. Nice grassy area with benches. Very pleasant. Gives you an uncomfortable feeling when you take your kids past the decked out ladies to go to story hour . Police station is down the street a few blocks, across from xxx business.
Wonder is its still that way? A little crazy
You think they could put up " no loitering" signs and pass out hefty fines. They should work from a business or put a sign in their front yards Massages Offered or something. Children should never have to experience such illicit activity. Mind you that's why I like brothels or strip clubs. Streetwalkers must be the rejects. Lol.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Any of you out there good on judgeing trees?

My red maple grew too large and the roots above ground were being hit by the mower with the leaves getting into the gutter.

So, it got cut down. Now looking for a small, good shade pretty tree to do a replacement. Thought about a Japanese Maple , or, a blooming ornamental Pear, as well as a blooming weeping cherry.

Any ideas out there??

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
It flabbergasts me that the elders or any convalescent patient is required to go without alcoholic beverages and sexual gratification. Is that not living? Geez, I had a Worker tell one time of chasing an older lady off a paraplegic patient. I'm like if there's no harm done what was the problem. Those places take away basic rights from Folks. They often get admonished for self gratifiction and then wonder why patients have to take nerve pills and psychotic meds.
@ Imposter, good for you for standing up to the croney phoney business. The man is alive to enjoy the rest of his days not have his hands slapped like a child. Yeah, reward him real good the next time;)
I would lead a revolt in the nursing home. I'd have some signs
"Nuts and bolts, we want screwed"
And "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than to have to have a frontal lobotomy"
Strip naked and only eat green jello-- mutiny on the bounty

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>You think they could put up " no loitering" signs and pass out hefty fines. They should work from a business or put a sign in their front yards Massages Offered or something. Children should never have to experience such illicit activity. Mind you that's why I like brothels or strip clubs. Streetwalkers must be the rejects. Lol.
It gives you concern for the Dewey Decimal system.
Now class on our field trip to the Library today we will see the ladies of the street on the right. These ladies are working hard and look there is John supporting our young single ladies. Everyone wave and say hi to John.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:

My red maple grew too large and the roots above ground were being hit by the mower with the leaves getting into the gutter.

So, it got cut down. Now looking for a small, good shade pretty tree to do a replacement. Thought about a Japanese Maple , or, a blooming ornamental Pear, as well as a blooming weeping cherry.

Any ideas out there??
I have an ornamental pear tree. Very resistant to blight and colorful. It has some serious thorns! Ouch
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

I went to take my medicine from miss Cratchet the hatchet, she caught up to us in the common room and I was scolded a little but that's about it. I started to come back with a choice word or two of my own but I held my tongue. It was kind of funny, a 5 foot 6 or so woman all scowling and wagging her finger at me, looking up at me the whole time LOL I'm six five 240lbs so if you can get that picture you can see how ridicules that must have looked. Sam laughed the whole time! LOL.
I am not to leave the facility grounds with him without expressed permission ever again! Or there will be "severe" consequences......So we waited about a half an hour then slipped out and went to eat at Arby's. LMAO We got away with it too. At least we came back stone cold sober this time.
I feel like a schoolboy that played hooky and got away with it.
I wish I could take every ambulatory patient in the whole place and load them up on a big bus and take them all fishing or something. Eh, we can only do what we can do I guess.
Good day.
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
I went to take my medicine from miss Cratchet the hatchet, she caught up to us in the common room and I was scolded a little but that's about it. I started to come back with a choice word or two of my own but I held my tongue. It was kind of funny, a 5 foot 6 or so woman all scowling and wagging her finger at me, looking up at me the whole time LOL I'm six five 240lbs so if you can get that picture you can see how ridicules that must have looked. Sam laughed the whole time! LOL.
I am not to leave the facility grounds with him without expressed permission ever again! Or there will be "severe" consequences......So we waited about a half an hour then slipped out and went to eat at Arby's. LMAO We got away with it too. At least we came back stone cold sober this time.
I feel like a schoolboy that played hooky and got away with it.
I wish I could take every ambulatory patient in the whole place and load them up on a big bus and take them all fishing or something. Eh, we can only do what we can do I guess.
Good day.
I sort of knew that Sam would find it funny. If they have an outside area (as most do), maybe take a small cooler of Miller's and hide it in the bushes and then you won't be leaving their "grounds". LOL You have a good night, plus the rest of the good folks. I need to finish up for my dinner and a movie night. Fixing pulled pork bbq and will watch "Glory". BTW, you have me beat. I am only 6'1" and 210 lbs.

@Anne.. my hens are back to being productive
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

6'5". And 6'1". Wow. I'm 5'1". But hey, my legs reach the ground, so that works!!

@imposter. Glad things worked out. Heeheehee!
You have a good heart. You and AW have been an example to me with the nursing home visits that I just may follow one of these days. Uh, dont think I'll try the beer run though.. Lol
And AW, that BBQ pork sounds so good right now. I had breakfast early on but I am certainly hungry now!! Have you ever had the Moonlite BBQ ? Or the Old Hickory BBQ ? Both in owensboro. When we are there that's where we like to eat.
My hens have managed 2 eggs this week. Both pinkish. The one that lays bluish/green hasn't started back laying. The three that are about 5 months old...shouldn't they start laying soon?
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

whitehair wrote:
Any ideas out there??
I love flowering ornamental trees!! But the Japanese red maple we had in our yard was so beautiful!! Guess I'm not much help... Lol! My vote goes for the flowering ornamental !! Weeping cherry, alas , wouldn't supply much shade
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
6'5". And 6'1". Wow. I'm 5'1". But hey, my legs reach the ground, so that works!!
@imposter. Glad things worked out. Heeheehee!
You have a good heart. You and AW have been an example to me with the nursing home visits that I just may follow one of these days. Uh, dont think I'll try the beer run though.. Lol
And AW, that BBQ pork sounds so good right now. I had breakfast early on but I am certainly hungry now!! Have you ever had the Moonlite BBQ ? Or the Old Hickory BBQ ? Both in owensboro. When we are there that's where we like to eat.
My hens have managed 2 eggs this week. Both pinkish. The one that lays bluish/green hasn't started back laying. The three that are about 5 months old...shouldn't they start laying soon?
I popped back in while waiting on my date since everything is ready. I have not been to Owensboro in many years. When the wife was still living, we met friends for stage shows at the Executive Inn but we never went anywhere except to the hotel. The showroom was built out into the river.I don't even know if that is still there or if they still have the quality of country music entertainers that they had 10-15 years ago.

Most hens will lay anywhere from 4 to 6 months in age, except in winter. Then they are likely to just wait until spring. Your bluish/green hen is probably an Aracauna that originates out of South America. Does it like to climb on things more than the others? If so, that is probably the breed. I have 18 adult hens that did drop off to about 3 per day, but are now coming back up to 10 or 12 per day. I also have 12 more that are about 5 months old that are not laying yet, but should be by the end of September.
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

*bluish-green egg layer, not the hen LOL The shell color is defined by breed, the eggs are the same but varies based on their diet. If they continue to not lay, feed them bits of pork fats chopped into small threads.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

whitehair wrote:
Any ideas out there??
Might try a pear or cherry tree. My Dad had one of each when I was a child. They're a medium sized tree. Hope that helps;)
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I popped back in while waiting on my date since everything is ready. I have not been to Owensboro in many years. When the wife was still living, we met friends for stage shows at the Executive Inn but we never went anywhere except to the hotel. The showroom was built out into the river.I don't even know if that is still there or if they still have the quality of country music entertainers that they had 10-15 years ago.
Most hens will lay anywhere from 4 to 6 months in age, except in winter. Then they are likely to just wait until spring. Your bluish/green hen is probably an Aracauna that originates out of South America..

Executive inn was imploded a few years back. There's a strikingly beautiful convention center that's almost completed in its place and a big ole motel that's also almost completed. Gonna be very nice!!
My hens are the Aracaunas(?). Grey legs and feather beards. The hens are a variety of colors and the eggs they are SUPPOSED to be laying will be shades of pink ( light brown) bluish and greenish. The eggs are not uniform in size at all
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I love flowering ornamental trees!! But the Japanese red maple we had in our yard was so beautiful!! Guess I'm not much help... Lol! My vote goes for the flowering ornamental !! Weeping cherry, alas , wouldn't supply much shade
Those weeping cherry trees look good in the spring, real good, and they look pretty all summer too, but in the winter they look all creepy to me for some reason.
Apple trees are nice and they bear fruit to so that's a plus, but they are kinda hard to keep alive when young.
Now a regular old rut of the mill mimosa...that's a hardy tree. They are real nice if you don't have allergies. I have several out in back of the shack.

What are those trees that bloom out in late spring, they can have all kinds of different colored blossoms from one tree to the next, the ones with the shiny purple looking leaves? I cant for the life of me remember the name...but they sure are pretty even when the blooms are gone.

Plant you a stand of ponderosa pine! You may come out some evening and catch little Joe under there with a pretty young girl.
lol

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Funny
best1

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

I HAD SOME FLY OVER JUST NOW

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,421 - 77,440 of81,545
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min brad 144,758
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 15 min Chicken 376
shelia brown (May '12) 22 min The other women 18
blackberry's 32 min Country Gal 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mike Duquette 127,923
KC Basketball Coach 1 hr Weird 51
Richard and Sarah hicks 1 hr Get your fact strait 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search