Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,704

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92030 Aug 23, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pu bmed/23377636
For those of us who have American Indian ancestry, our genetics might possibly be linked to the reason alcohol is not tolerated as well as other synthetic drugs. Some Folks have an allergy to alcohol and will exerience anaphylactic shock after drinking beer. Here's a link for information regarding such studies;)
I am too high on life to worry about any of that other than an occasional beer and that with such things as pizza or hot wings. Speaking of "high on life"... tonight is my dinner and a movie night. LOL
Anne

United States

#92031 Aug 23, 2013
Big night around here too! Better half is still here and sister/brother in law from 5 hours away are in town. We're headed for the local small festival to look at old tractors and hand loomed rugs while eating walking taco salads! Sis and I will talk with people out of our past and listen to the local country music bands. Free ice cream too!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92032 Aug 23, 2013
Wolf. May I suggest "Bridge Over River Kwai". One of my favorites
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92033 Aug 23, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
Wolf. May I suggest "Bridge Over River Kwai". One of my favorites
Good choice, but I think we are going to watch that old VHS of Henry Fonda in Steinbeck's "The Grapes of Wrath". Either that or George C. Scott in "Patton". I have played neither of those in several years, so surely one of them will still work.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92034 Aug 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Good choice, but I think we are going to watch that old VHS of Henry Fonda in Steinbeck's "The Grapes of Wrath". Either that or George C. Scott in "Patton". I have played neither of those in several years, so surely one of them will still work.
Both are great movies---
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#92036 Aug 24, 2013
Anne wrote:
Good morning! TGIF. It IS Friday, isn't it? Lol headed out to the local festival to watch my friends old saw cut wooden shingles. It's belt driven and is hooked up to an old tractor. I find that kinda stuff fascinating ! Have a great day!
I'll have to agree with you concerning the old time shows and know-hows. About 40 miles south of us here, the old timers get together with their mules and make sorgum molasses. BTW, have ya all been to the Museum Of Appalachia in Norris, Tn, just a shade north of Knoxville? We saw it about 7 years ago, GREAT! Also, went to some waterfalls, I think in Ky. At the right time of the moon they say you can see a rainbow, don't know. Foxfire Musuem is another one I'd like to see but can't remember just where it is now, maybe Georgia????? I've got all them books.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#92037 Aug 24, 2013
@ Wolf . . . .that beer or two really is good, like you said, with pizza, catfish, BBQ, chinese food or. . ....etc LOL. My favorite brand is Miller High Life and has been for 30 years but just about all these places are leaning to Miller Lite and I don't like it at all. So I usually have to settle for Coors Lite. (they are one and the same co. now anyway.)
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#92038 Aug 24, 2013
OH Yeah! I read about Linda Ronstadt tonight having Parkinson's Disease. She stated that she can no longer sing a note. What a shame, when she, Dolly and Emmy Lou got together......WOW! They put out some really good songs. She's 67.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92039 Aug 24, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to agree with you concerning the old time shows and know-hows. About 40 miles south of us here, the old timers get together with their mules and make sorgum molasses. BTW, have ya all been to the Museum Of Appalachia in Norris, Tn, just a shade north of Knoxville? We saw it about 7 years ago, GREAT! Also, went to some waterfalls, I think in Ky. At the right time of the moon they say you can see a rainbow, don't know. Foxfire Musuem is another one I'd like to see but can't remember just where it is now, maybe Georgia????? I've got all them books.
I think you are speaking of Cumberland Falls just south of Somerset Kentucky off U.S.27 which was once a major artery going south prior to the Intertates and it is called a moonbow.... one of a kind. With your love for music, have you ever been to Renfro Valley which is also not very far from the Falls just off I-75? Then just south of Liberty Kentucky (off U.S. 127) there is an Amish community where you can visit and buy handmade furniture, produce, and cheeses and see all the old ways including trying to avoid the road littered with horse "apples" LOL.

There is also a great restaurant there called "Bread of Life" that the proceeds go to the Gallilean home for abandoned children. On my last visit there, my waiter was a young man from India that had his hands chopped off as a child for trying to steal something to eat. It was amazing how that young man had overcome his history and was able to carry on without any hands. That entire loop in South Central Kentucky is a great place to visit.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#92040 Aug 24, 2013
@ Wolf,...Cumberland Falls sure does sound right and, for sure, moonbow is right. Tho I've heard of Renfro Valley, I've not been there. Gotta keep it in mind now. We ate in a real old time looking cafe in Cumberland and the drove maybe three blocks to a parking lot. Got out and walked the Cumberland Trail, or at least, that part of it. I was ready to eat again after that! I really do like that part of both Ky and Tn.(say, why are you up so late also?)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92041 Aug 24, 2013
@MM..and if you stop in Corbin Kentucky you can visit the original home of Ky. Fried chicken started by Harlan Sanders when that old man was in his 60s. So being old does not mean you are ready to be counted out. LOL

@Miss E.. the "Patton" movie worked well and our future selection will be "The Court-Martial of General Billy Mitchell" with Gary Cooper.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92042 Aug 24, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Wolf,...Cumberland Falls sure does sound right and, for sure, moonbow is right. Tho I've heard of Renfro Valley, I've not been there. Gotta keep it in mind now. We ate in a real old time looking cafe in Cumberland and the drove maybe three blocks to a parking lot. Got out and walked the Cumberland Trail, or at least, that part of it. I was ready to eat again after that! I really do like that part of both Ky and Tn.(say, why are you up so late also?)
I am not up late, I am up early with the dog. LOL
Anne

United States

#92044 Aug 24, 2013
The Cumberland falls area us really nice with lots to do. We've camped at wolf creek at the corps Of engineers . I haven't eaten at the Galilean home but have read about it. Quite humbling and impressive.
Dr Know

Lake Mary, FL

#92045 Aug 24, 2013
yep
The Man

Munfordville, KY

#92046 Aug 24, 2013
Yes
Anne

United States

#92047 Aug 24, 2013
Hmmmm... Sure has been quiet around the thread today! Guess everyone had a busy day!!
All's well on my home front snd the Family is all tucked in for the night. Sunday is family reunion day so that'll be fun! Our family is so small that we have to invite friends and inlaws, so y'all be sure to stop by a little after 12 noon! Cornhole, fishing, swimming and lotsa food!! A/C in the house and a canopy in the front yard. Shade trees and lawn chairs available.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#92049 Aug 25, 2013
(I was cautioned in red letters when I clicked to post the above......can't imagine why!! So I changed to a capitol C and on it went.)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92050 Aug 25, 2013
Wow, only 5 posts remain since I left here yesterday and a couple did not stick.
Anne

United States

#92051 Aug 25, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I've enjoyed several of the foxfire books also and the Foxfire Museum would be one I'd definitely stop to see!
Good Morning everyone! My better half just pulled out and is heading to a different job so I'm in a melancholy mood. Even our dog seemed sad.:-(
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#92053 Aug 25, 2013
@ Anne, I feel for you. You have a fortune just having him and your piece of heaven on earth. Your pond and rowing around it seems like some relaxing times;) It sure helps keep the loneliness away, I bet. Good memories and warm thoughts of getting the partner home soon...Those are my bed fellows. Lovely, cherished moments. Wishing you the best and a day of contagious smiles and laughter for all the love, the blessings that do exist;) The beauty of love is giving and I bet he can't wait to get back to you.
Good Sunday to All.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Harlan's Got Talent' coming next year 20 min Curious 7
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min SNYB 131,595
Darren k west pickup Sampson lane election signs 1 hr Bobby Alan 2
megan marie rogers woolum 5 hr Curious 1
moma screwer 6 hr Piggy 8
Darren k west come to catron ave get your signs 9 hr Ruth 4
Darren k west please pick up political signs 12 hr Please 8
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 24 beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:20 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:20PM
Fitzpatrick Announced as Starter vs. Titans