Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,864)

Showing posts 77,261 - 77,280 of81,259
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

One song I find interesting in my grandmother's old paperback hymnal and copyrighted 1919 called "The Royal Telephone"... Central's never "busy", Always on the line; You may hear from heaven, Almost anytime.

(Iphone not required. lol)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
One song I find interesting in my grandmother's old paperback hymnal and copyrighted 1919 called "The Royal Telephone"... Central's never "busy", Always on the line; You may hear from heaven, Almost anytime.

lol. No voicemail either

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:

I guess the modern take on this sing would be "I'm texting Jesus"
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

The old gospel song about " my sheep know my voice" , I don't remember the title or most of the words but every time my aunt and uncle visited our little church they sang that one song for us. Never anything else, just that one.

I also love " Peace in the Valley" and " in the Garden". When the grand kids were living with me, the three of us slept in the big bed and to get them to sleep I sang them every gospel song I could think of. "Come and Dine" "when we all get to Heaven" "What a Friend" and about a jillion others. Good memories

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
The old gospel song about " my sheep know my voice" , I don't remember the title or most of the words but every time my aunt and uncle visited our little church they sang that one song for us. Never anything else, just that one.

I also love " Peace in the Valley" and " in the Garden". When the grand kids were living with me, the three of us slept in the big bed and to get them to sleep I sang them every gospel song I could think of. "Come and Dine" "when we all get to Heaven" "What a Friend" and about a jillion others. Good memories
I read a autobiography by a POW. He said to keep his sanity during his time as a hostage he sang every hymn he could think of over and over in his head.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Many Years ago, I first heard "Peace in the Valley" done by Red Foley who was Pat Boone's father-in-law. His old version of that song can be found on Youtube. Later, Elvis did it too but my favorite Elvis version of a Gospel song was "How Great Thou Art".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

I just looked it up and Peace in the Valley was a hit for Red Foley in 1951. So I suppose we were listening to it on granny's old hand crank Victrola that played 78s. Good Night folks I am off to go read.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I just looked it up and Peace in the Valley was a hit for Red Foley in 1951. So I suppose we were listening to it on granny's old hand crank Victrola that played 78s. Good Night folks I am off to go read.
Night ---
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

@ Anne, or anyone! You made mention of "What A Friend We Have In Jesus", oh, what a song indeed and it is my favorite. I had a version of it saved on my favorites list by Bro. Oswald on his dobro and some flat top player. The copyright people got wind of it floating around out there and discontinued it! IF ANYONE knows where I can find "this same" version, I sure would appreciate so very much of knowing of it.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne, or anyone! You made mention of "What A Friend We Have In Jesus", oh, what a song indeed and it is my favorite. I had a version of it saved on my favorites list by Bro. Oswald on his dobro and some flat top player. The copyright people got wind of it floating around out there and discontinued it! IF ANYONE knows where I can find "this same" version, I sure would appreciate so very much of knowing of it.
After many years of lessons, that song and "Silent Night" were the only two songs I could play on a piano without it hurting your ears. LOL Now, old man Arthur Itis does not even want to hear those.
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

If you're worried about your oatmeal, or that of a pop tart dear to you, try to do something about it during the next two weeks. Seek donuts if need be, or talk to captain crunch for some useful advice. If you want to lose your mind, give up a habit such as sleeping, or get more birds; this is a marvelous time to begin. Take it gently and don't expect overnight miracles.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Hope you all have a good day! It's going to be nice and warm!
Anne

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Well, the time had come to clean the chicken coop! I shoveled out the old straw, scrapped the top of the nesting box, raised the roosting bar, and put in a piece to keep them from roosting on top of the nesting box. Smells good in there and the little ladies seem to love it! I even bought more laying pellets as I had about 5 more scoops left! While i was working the ladies enjoyed their free range time! That's my bird story for the day!
Amber

Shelbyville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Yea
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

For those who are weight conscientious and heart healthy, this is a perfect snack:
Leaves of Bibb lettuce ( hearty leaves), albacore tuna ( water packed), 1tbs. mayo., sea salt, cracked pepper. Substitute the leaves for bread. One can substitute shredded chicken for the tuna and add diced tomatoes and onions. Since Mr. Peri Stalsis has been unkind for years, I have bread has to be eaten sparingly. Lol.
It appears fall might come early. The birds have been few. The blue moon was a sight last night as well as the dark clouds hovering around it;)
Fair evening to All.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
For those who are weight conscientious and heart healthy, this is a perfect snack:
Leaves of Bibb lettuce ( hearty leaves), albacore tuna ( water packed), 1tbs. mayo., sea salt, cracked pepper. Substitute the leaves for bread. One can substitute shredded chicken for the tuna and add diced tomatoes and onions. Since Mr. Peri Stalsis has been unkind for years, I have bread has to be eaten sparingly. Lol.
It appears fall might come early. The birds have been few. The blue moon was a sight last night as well as the dark clouds hovering around it;)
Fair evening to All.
I am very weight conscious since I have furniture disease... My chest has fallen into my drawers. LOL I previously had a bout of "dunlop".... my chest had done lopped over my belly. and a good evening to you, as well.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

A good day! And it's our anniversary! We grilled out some steaks and had a big old chocolate cake... Thanks to our youngest daughter!! My sister from three states away stopped by and visited while we ate-- yes, we offered her food but she just sat with us on the deck and visited while our dogs romped and played.
Misty: after that meal I will surely have to diet! My dieting consists of ordering the .89 hamburger instead of the whopper/big Mac and no fries. Cutting back on portions has generally worked for me and I kinda have that furniture disease -- belly dunlapped over my belt... Just a little..from all this company I've had, my birthday the wedding, the anniversary. Family reunion this weekend ! What a month. Cut back time!!
katie

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

this is stupid why does it go on?
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

katie wrote:
this is stupid why does it go on?
Ah, but Katie, you have helped this thread by posting! Thank you!! Drop by another time and join in on the conversation! Pleasant newcomers are always welcome! Dew Drop Inn.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
After many years of lessons, that song and "Silent Night" were the only two songs I could play on a piano without it hurting your ears. LOL Now, old man Arthur Itis does not even want to hear those.
Hey Wolf, if you're interested, the electric keyboards are so much easier to play than an old upright. Plus, the one I've got now has so-o-o-o many settings, they'll sound like a banjo to a full fledged orchestra along with any drum sounds you could want. But the action really is so much softer and easier on the ole joints. Just say'n..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,261 - 77,280 of81,259
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

130 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
knox county social services 5 min Hurt Granny 10
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 13 min HillbillyStrong 44
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 14 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,695
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 14 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,451
subway for mike corey 14 min Voter Too 40
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min republiCONS 139,073
Mayor West Stops Picking up recycling 24 min Citizen 9
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••