Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
77,241 - 77,260 of 81,594 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91973
Aug 20, 2013
 
Blooper! try it this a way. Hmmmmmm...The chaps I wear is intended for women.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91974
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmmm...I the wear Chaps I wear is intended for women.

Remember this?
"Old Spice bodywash, deodorant, aftershave and cologne. Why women wait patiently for their men to return from the sea."

I've never really got to try that to see if it works...
When I was 16 -- my first boyfriend wore old spice. To this day when I smell it as someone passes by, it brings up old memories. Remember the cologne English Leather it was a big bottle with a wooden cap? Made a good door stop

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91975
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> If you think we're nuts, you should live in the Middle East; try Yemen or Pakistan and see how freely information will flow.
Lovely evening,@ Anne I wish you better luck with the chickens. Nice to hear that you and Hubby are making up time;)
Or Egypt! There is something strange going on with that whole issue.
Conspiracy theory anyone?!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91976
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>Or Egypt! There is something strange going on with that whole issue.
Conspiracy theory anyone?!
I agree. It feels like we are being set up.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91977
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Miss E Font wrote:
One of my favorite hymns was Where the Roses Never Fade.
I am going to a city,
Where the streets with gold are laid,
Where the tree of life is blooming,
And the roses never fade
Mine favorite is "In the Garden":
I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
and the voice I hear
as I linger near
The SON of GOD is calling
and HE talks with me
and HE walks with me
and HE tells me I am his own
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91978
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

KentuckyLady wrote:
Good evening lovely people's. I hope all is well on the home fronts.
Give me the roses while I live
Trying to cheer me on
Useless the flowers that you give
After the soul is gone.
A song daddy and I sung years ago at our little country church. Sure do miss those days of childhood.
Blessings to you all. Don't forget ....blue moon tonight.
Then I assume you remember, "The Church in the Wildwood"

There's a little brown church in the wildwood
No lovelier place in the dale
No spot is so dear to my childhood
as the little brown church in the dale

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91979
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Don't know if this qualifies "Crying in the Chapel" by Elvis is my favorite gospel song.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91980
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Then I assume you remember, "The Church in the Wildwood"

There's a little brown church in the wildwood
No lovelier place in the dale
No spot is so dear to my childhood
as the little brown church in the dale
Oh yes, I use to sing it with my granny. Oh come come come come come to the church in the wildwood
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91981
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

One song I find interesting in my grandmother's old paperback hymnal and copyrighted 1919 called "The Royal Telephone"... Central's never "busy", Always on the line; You may hear from heaven, Almost anytime.

(Iphone not required. lol)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91982
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
One song I find interesting in my grandmother's old paperback hymnal and copyrighted 1919 called "The Royal Telephone"... Central's never "busy", Always on the line; You may hear from heaven, Almost anytime.

(Iphone not required. lol)
lol. No voicemail either

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91983
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
One song I find interesting in my grandmother's old paperback hymnal and copyrighted 1919 called "The Royal Telephone"... Central's never "busy", Always on the line; You may hear from heaven, Almost anytime.

(Iphone not required. lol)
I guess the modern take on this sing would be "I'm texting Jesus"
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91984
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

The old gospel song about " my sheep know my voice" , I don't remember the title or most of the words but every time my aunt and uncle visited our little church they sang that one song for us. Never anything else, just that one.

I also love " Peace in the Valley" and " in the Garden". When the grand kids were living with me, the three of us slept in the big bed and to get them to sleep I sang them every gospel song I could think of. "Come and Dine" "when we all get to Heaven" "What a Friend" and about a jillion others. Good memories

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91985
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Anne wrote:
The old gospel song about " my sheep know my voice" , I don't remember the title or most of the words but every time my aunt and uncle visited our little church they sang that one song for us. Never anything else, just that one.

I also love " Peace in the Valley" and " in the Garden". When the grand kids were living with me, the three of us slept in the big bed and to get them to sleep I sang them every gospel song I could think of. "Come and Dine" "when we all get to Heaven" "What a Friend" and about a jillion others. Good memories
I read a autobiography by a POW. He said to keep his sanity during his time as a hostage he sang every hymn he could think of over and over in his head.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91986
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Anne wrote:
The old gospel song about " my sheep know my voice" , I don't remember the title or most of the words but every time my aunt and uncle visited our little church they sang that one song for us. Never anything else, just that one.
I also love " Peace in the Valley" and " in the Garden". When the grand kids were living with me, the three of us slept in the big bed and to get them to sleep I sang them every gospel song I could think of. "Come and Dine" "when we all get to Heaven" "What a Friend" and about a jillion others. Good memories
Many Years ago, I first heard "Peace in the Valley" done by Red Foley who was Pat Boone's father-in-law. His old version of that song can be found on Youtube. Later, Elvis did it too but my favorite Elvis version of a Gospel song was "How Great Thou Art".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91987
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I just looked it up and Peace in the Valley was a hit for Red Foley in 1951. So I suppose we were listening to it on granny's old hand crank Victrola that played 78s. Good Night folks I am off to go read.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91988
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I just looked it up and Peace in the Valley was a hit for Red Foley in 1951. So I suppose we were listening to it on granny's old hand crank Victrola that played 78s. Good Night folks I am off to go read.
Night ---
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91990
Aug 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

@ Anne, or anyone! You made mention of "What A Friend We Have In Jesus", oh, what a song indeed and it is my favorite. I had a version of it saved on my favorites list by Bro. Oswald on his dobro and some flat top player. The copyright people got wind of it floating around out there and discontinued it! IF ANYONE knows where I can find "this same" version, I sure would appreciate so very much of knowing of it.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91991
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne, or anyone! You made mention of "What A Friend We Have In Jesus", oh, what a song indeed and it is my favorite. I had a version of it saved on my favorites list by Bro. Oswald on his dobro and some flat top player. The copyright people got wind of it floating around out there and discontinued it! IF ANYONE knows where I can find "this same" version, I sure would appreciate so very much of knowing of it.
After many years of lessons, that song and "Silent Night" were the only two songs I could play on a piano without it hurting your ears. LOL Now, old man Arthur Itis does not even want to hear those.
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91992
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If you're worried about your oatmeal, or that of a pop tart dear to you, try to do something about it during the next two weeks. Seek donuts if need be, or talk to captain crunch for some useful advice. If you want to lose your mind, give up a habit such as sleeping, or get more birds; this is a marvelous time to begin. Take it gently and don't expect overnight miracles.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91993
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hope you all have a good day! It's going to be nice and warm!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••