Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91998 Aug 21, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
For those who are weight conscientious and heart healthy, this is a perfect snack:
Leaves of Bibb lettuce ( hearty leaves), albacore tuna ( water packed), 1tbs. mayo., sea salt, cracked pepper. Substitute the leaves for bread. One can substitute shredded chicken for the tuna and add diced tomatoes and onions. Since Mr. Peri Stalsis has been unkind for years, I have bread has to be eaten sparingly. Lol.
It appears fall might come early. The birds have been few. The blue moon was a sight last night as well as the dark clouds hovering around it;)
Fair evening to All.
I am very weight conscious since I have furniture disease... My chest has fallen into my drawers. LOL I previously had a bout of "dunlop".... my chest had done lopped over my belly. and a good evening to you, as well.
Anne

United States

#91999 Aug 21, 2013
A good day! And it's our anniversary! We grilled out some steaks and had a big old chocolate cake... Thanks to our youngest daughter!! My sister from three states away stopped by and visited while we ate-- yes, we offered her food but she just sat with us on the deck and visited while our dogs romped and played.
Misty: after that meal I will surely have to diet! My dieting consists of ordering the .89 hamburger instead of the whopper/big Mac and no fries. Cutting back on portions has generally worked for me and I kinda have that furniture disease -- belly dunlapped over my belt... Just a little..from all this company I've had, my birthday the wedding, the anniversary. Family reunion this weekend ! What a month. Cut back time!!
katie

Somerset, KY

#92000 Aug 21, 2013
this is stupid why does it go on?
Anne

United States

#92001 Aug 21, 2013
katie wrote:
this is stupid why does it go on?
Ah, but Katie, you have helped this thread by posting! Thank you!! Drop by another time and join in on the conversation! Pleasant newcomers are always welcome! Dew Drop Inn.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#92002 Aug 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
After many years of lessons, that song and "Silent Night" were the only two songs I could play on a piano without it hurting your ears. LOL Now, old man Arthur Itis does not even want to hear those.
Hey Wolf, if you're interested, the electric keyboards are so much easier to play than an old upright. Plus, the one I've got now has so-o-o-o many settings, they'll sound like a banjo to a full fledged orchestra along with any drum sounds you could want. But the action really is so much softer and easier on the ole joints. Just say'n..........

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#92006 Aug 22, 2013
Good Morning! Going to crank up the heat here in in the next few days. We haven't had a lot of Summer weather, now it's coming in. Hope you all stay cool
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92008 Aug 22, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Wolf, if you're interested, the electric keyboards are so much easier to play than an old upright. Plus, the one I've got now has so-o-o-o many settings, they'll sound like a banjo to a full fledged orchestra along with any drum sounds you could want. But the action really is so much softer and easier on the ole joints. Just say'n..........
I have seen those, but my poor fingers are so stiff and crooked that I can't even pick my nose without poking myself in the eye. LOL

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92009 Aug 22, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Good Morning! Going to crank up the heat here in in the next few days. We haven't had a lot of Summer weather, now it's coming in. Hope you all stay cool
Sounds like a good excuse to not cook.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92010 Aug 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen those, but my poor fingers are so stiff and crooked that I can't even pick my nose without poking myself in the eye. LOL
Wolf-- you always make me smile!
Why

North Tazewell, VA

#92011 Aug 22, 2013
When
Anne

United States

#92013 Aug 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen those, but my poor fingers are so stiff and crooked that I can't even pick my nose without poking myself in the eye. LOL
Lol
Hey, bird threaders! What do you find in a clean nose??

FINGERPRINTS. dumb dumb dumb
(My grand kids have this dumb joke machine...sorry)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#92014 Aug 22, 2013
Back when I was growing, we could get Mary Jane from a family member for free or go buy a joint $5 here,$10 there. In Washington,D.C. medical marijiuna - as reported by Times- goes for $380 plus an ounce. No wonder big government and pharmacies distribute it. Forget the poor Folks growing it themselves.Lol.
Hot day here, but a nice one. I really enjoyed the remarks about Dunlop's disease. Hehehe. Any cure for Turtle belly? Plenty of exercise maybe. Faire eve' to All.
just sick

Tampa, FL

#92015 Aug 22, 2013
All just a bunch of games..all they ever been.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#92016 Aug 22, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Back when I was growing, we could get Mary Jane from a family member
Only once have I tried that stuff. It was about 1972, I think, and someone at work then gave me a joint as big as my ring finger, perti' near! I gave my truck keys to my younger brother who is twice my size and told him to keep me in line. Didn't know ya ain't supposed to smoke the whole thang at one time and after that reefer, there was no such thing as a straight line! I learned that pot and whiskey are closely related, they're both bigger than me. But now I hear that some of it is really good for pain and after several back operations, yeah, I'll have to admit that I've thought about it some. Lawdy, I'm still scared of it.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92017 Aug 23, 2013
just sick wrote:
All just a bunch of games..all they ever been.
Yes, all the way back to the Bubonic Plague:

.Ring around the rosies (rose colored sores)
.Pocket full of posies (would help ward off)
.Ashes, ashes (clothes of the dead were burned)
.We all fall down (the dead)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92018 Aug 23, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Only once have I tried that stuff. It was about 1972, I think, and someone at work then gave me a joint as big as my ring finger, perti' near! I gave my truck keys to my younger brother who is twice my size and told him to keep me in line. Didn't know ya ain't supposed to smoke the whole thang at one time and after that reefer, there was no such thing as a straight line! I learned that pot and whiskey are closely related, they're both bigger than me. But now I hear that some of it is really good for pain and after several back operations, yeah, I'll have to admit that I've thought about it some. Lawdy, I'm still scared of it.
I tried it on 3 different occasions about that same time frame and just don't see the point. It did nothing for or to me and it just seemed like a waste of time and money.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92019 Aug 23, 2013
It was almost the same with drinking whiskey. I could never drink enough to get high or drunk. I just get nauseated and barf it back up after just a couple swallows LOL I guess to get a buzz one would have to keep it down.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92020 Aug 23, 2013
I am giving up on the dog. I guess he will come back in off the deck once the moon goes down. Good Night/Morning.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#92022 Aug 23, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a good excuse to not cook.
I've been SO busy, cooking is the last thing on my mind. I need a clone!
Da Bears

Clive, IA

#92023 Aug 23, 2013
This thread just won't die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy Brock 34 min Say what 13
Thompson park splash pad OPEN !!! 2 hr sam 9
Anna Gail Collins 2 hr Humm 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Mike thunkit 137,853
Go fund me scams 3 hr Been There 9
computers 4 hr ttwarewolf 8
Charles Arthur Wombles II (Mar '14) 5 hr true 26
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]