Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,860)

Showing posts 77,181 - 77,200 of81,266
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

Egypt! What a mess! I saw that story tonight on the news. I didn't catch the part about what they are all pissed off about and haven't googled it yet.

Every time see a bunch of those folks demonstrating and raising hell, I hardly ever see any women in volved. I'm starting to think the have a woman shortage over there.

Otherwise all these hollerin Egyptians, and middle easterners would be at home doing something...

Well on the other hand maybe all their women holler more than they do. So they can't stand staying at home.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw something called Dixie Loaf in the store--- I didn't even want to know what was in that.
Actually, that is generally made with various pork parts, pickles, pimentoes, and cheeses. Without the cheese, it is generally just called pickle loaf. The one I want no part of is Goose Liver LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
Egypt! What a mess! I saw that story tonight on the news. I didn't catch the part about what they are all pissed off about and haven't googled it yet.
Every time see a bunch of those folks demonstrating and raising hell, I hardly ever see any women in volved. I'm starting to think the have a woman shortage over there.
Otherwise all these hollerin Egyptians, and middle easterners would be at home doing something...
Well on the other hand maybe all their women holler more than they do. So they can't stand staying at home.
They are all appearing in a carnival show under the name of "Little Egypt".... "She walks, she talks, she crawls on her belly like a reptile.. step right up, one thin dime, one tenth of a dollar" LOL
Anne

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

"wearin' nothin' but a button and a bow"

That's an oldie! Lol
Anne

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that is generally made with various pork parts, pickles, pimentoes, and cheeses. Without the cheese, it is generally just called pickle loaf. The one I want no part of is Goose Liver LOL
Exactly what is braunschweiger? I love it on bagels or crackers with a side of grapes. Mmmm, maybe I don't want to really know.... Lol
Pickle loaf? Haven't had it in years.
Liver loaf? Or liver cheese (?)--lunch meat with that white fatty rind that we always removed. Do they even sell it anymore ?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
All my post was meant to say or to imply was that chickens are not all boneless breasts, beef is not all steak and ground chuck, and pork is not all ham and bacon. And we have all probably eaten some of the less desirable parts but when prepared properly, it can be quite good. In fact, I love my bologna and vienna sausages and my leather boots.
Oh, I know Wolf, no hard feelings at all. And to tell the truth, about 43 years ago,(wow), my father-in-law's Christmas tradition was hog brains for breakfast but I have no idea why. He could prepare them very well and looked exactly like scrambled eggs to me. But souse, I've tried it but, no thanks! Pickled feet,...I've leaned up to more than one bar around Chicago and picked them apart and chased it with (then) Falstaff. But my all-time favorite flavor and taste is a good Porterhouse steak. Gotta Love It!!!(leather boots, LOL)
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Woohoo ! Mississippi Man! Hello !! I'm waving!! We're south of meridian and headed for Hattiesburg ! Good times!
Meridian, MS, the home of the Blue Yodeler.....Jimmy Rogers! Ever heard tell of him? So many, many big time singers were from Mississippi, yeah, even the Tupelo, MS Flash named Elvis. Mercy, I hope that you and yours have one happy and safe trip but at least it's cooled off some.(gonna tour Vicksburg battle ground?)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I know Wolf, no hard feelings at all. And to tell the truth, about 43 years ago,(wow), my father-in-law's Christmas tradition was hog brains for breakfast but I have no idea why. He could prepare them very well and looked exactly like scrambled eggs to me. But souse, I've tried it but, no thanks! Pickled feet,...I've leaned up to more than one bar around Chicago and picked them apart and chased it with (then) Falstaff. But my all-time favorite flavor and taste is a good Porterhouse steak. Gotta Love It!!!(leather boots, LOL)
Hog brains looked like scrambled eggs because they (for us) were generally cooked in with the eggs. But I don't know if that was to keep from wasting that part of the hog or just to make the eggs go further. In any case, my dad liked them and it was the one thing my Mom hated to cook. LOL But she did boil chicken feet, heads, and necks and cut up little chunks for the soup. I recall some of those old bars that always had a gallon jar of pickled bologna and another of pickled eggs that went well with a Falls City or Sterling or an Oertels '92 .. none of which are brewed any more.
Anne

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Scrambled eggs with brains. That rang a bell with me. Mom cooked this a couple of times that I remember. For Christmas morning it was tradition to have fried oysters and scrambled eggs flavored with the oyster juice. No toast for us that morning! Those brown and serve rolls were on the table!
Anne

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Meridian, MS, the home of the Blue Yodeler.....Jimmy Rogers! Ever heard tell of him? So many, many big time singers were from Mississippi, yeah, even the Tupelo, MS Flash named Elvis. Mercy, I hope that you and yours have one happy and safe trip but at least it's cooled off some.(gonna tour Vicksburg battle ground?)
No historical or educational tours. We will hit the beach later today. It's a fun weekend for a wedding then hitting it back home...school and jobs curtail everything.:-(
I've been to Vicksburg but that was years and years ago. I love to take the meandering type of vacation.. Being able to stay in an area a while then heading to the next place of interest

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

when I was a kid, there were a lot of brains and eggs suppers. good stuff!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
when I was a kid, there were a lot of brains and eggs suppers. good stuff!
We lived in a tropical location when I was growing up. We had lobster and fish for breakfast because it was readily available. When I pay for lobster now I remember as a child whining, "gross lobster again". It's all perspective
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

New breakfastfood menu at McDonald's ;

Brains and eggs
Lobster and fish
Spam n eggs

What next. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
We lived in a tropical location when I was growing up. We had lobster and fish for breakfast because it was readily available. When I pay for lobster now I remember as a child whining, "gross lobster again". It's all perspective
For sure. We had so many pinto beans that I swore that when I grew up I would never eat them again. Now I would like to have a big pot full with a ham bone. But refried beans is still not on my agenda. LOL
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
For sure. We had so many pinto beans that I swore that when I grew up I would never eat them again. Now I would like to have a big pot full with a ham bone. But refried beans is still not on my agenda. LOL
It's comical. Now we're on the same track as I was about my former experiences with 'TATERS! Odd tho, I may have mentioned before that one of our favorites is Cracker Barrel. Every waitress there knows that pinto beans, chow chow and Bruce's hot sauce is a third of all my meal orders, no doubt. Ya know, something I really wish I could find eating out is some good ole Salmon Paddies, now I mean good ones!........Yep, like Mom's.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Changing the subject some now. We do a good job of feeding the birds well around this three acres with eight (I think) assorted bird houses. However, mixed sunflower seed is not cheap and I will not feed the coons or possums anymore. So, about six months ago, I got on the internet and found several old timers live traps. I built one of them and put it at the base of two of the feeders behind a large bush. Wasn't long!..so far I've trapped and shot seven nasty possums and one off the feeder in the night. But night before last I got a Lone Ranger coon and showed it to the Belle. Well, I had to turn that rascal free. He ran plumb down the full three acres then turned west, after that he disappeared. One scared coon. Guess he was kinda cute but he'd best not come back for dessert!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It's comical. Now we're on the same track as I was about my former experiences with 'TATERS! Odd tho, I may have mentioned before that one of our favorites is Cracker Barrel. Every waitress there knows that pinto beans, chow chow and Bruce's hot sauce is a third of all my meal orders, no doubt. Ya know, something I really wish I could find eating out is some good ole Salmon Paddies, now I mean good ones!........Yep, like Mom's.
The best breakfast I ever had was some really crunchy salmon paddies with hot buttered biscuits and fried apples and a side of over easy eggs.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Mississippi Man wrote:
Changing the subject some now. We do a good job of feeding the birds well around this three acres with eight (I think) assorted bird houses. However, mixed sunflower seed is not cheap and I will not feed the coons or possums anymore. So, about six months ago, I got on the internet and found several old timers live traps. I built one of them and put it at the base of two of the feeders behind a large bush. Wasn't long!..so far I've trapped and shot seven nasty possums and one off the feeder in the night. But night before last I got a Lone Ranger coon and showed it to the Belle. Well, I had to turn that rascal free. He ran plumb down the full three acres then turned west, after that he disappeared. One scared coon. Guess he was kinda cute but he'd best not come back for dessert!
Speaking of the Lone Ranger, just the other day I was curious as to what "Kemo Sabe" really meant and googled it.... Interesting results.
Anne

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The best breakfast I ever had was some really crunchy salmon paddies with hot buttered biscuits and fried apples and a side of over easy eggs.
Wellll, Cracker Barrel has good food, don't misunderstand me on this but the salmon patties they have...nope, not for me! I love salmon patties though, with greens/ spinach and mashed potatoes
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Now I have to go eat another dinner.

Our old man would just make the brains and eggs and feed them to us, he called it eggs and potted ham. I ate those things for years before I found out what they were. The "eggs and ham" would always show up not long after a hog killing so we figured it out. Cant stand brains now, but man oh man a big plate full of bacon would be nice. That turkey bacon has a lot to be desired.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,181 - 77,200 of81,266
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 36 min Take America Back 139,205
Shawntaea Hughes (Jan '09) 1 hr Pos 56
Mayor West Stops Picking up recycling 1 hr Citizen 19
who all had vinie mills out see here with lots ... 1 hr rusty 3
mark mills form flatlick found dead in bell co 1 hr true 10
The BIG Ticket Pickard Hall Collins Smith MAY 20 2 hr Outside All-Around Info 2
How much do coal miners make? (Jun '10) 2 hr Jace mehoff 68
wreck 5 hr news 4
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 8 hr lolz 50
•••
•••
•••
•••