Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Read more: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,765

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Read more
Ipso Fatso

Medford, MA

#91855 Aug 15, 2013
This is the american ingenuity.
Anne

Duluth, GA

#91857 Aug 15, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have ever bought pickle loaf, vienna sausages, potted meat, bologna, or some hot dogs; then you most likely ate some hog heads.
But, but, I luv those things!! Lol.just don't call them hog heads. Lol

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91858 Aug 15, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>All my post was meant to say or to imply was that chickens are not all boneless breasts, beef is not all steak and ground chuck, and pork is not all ham and bacon. And we have all probably eaten some of the less desirable parts but when prepared properly, it can be quite good. In fact, I love my bologna and vienna sausages and my leather boots.
I saw something called Dixie Loaf in the store--- I didn't even want to know what was in that.
Anne

Duluth, GA

#91859 Aug 15, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
"AIN'T NONE OF ME TRY'N IT NEITHER!!!!"
But I gotta say this. One time the Belle and I were walking (best way), just cruise'n New Awlins and we walked into a large, open-like bar and restaurant. We walked up to the beautiful bar and I looked at the menu. It was all Greek to me but I did order some kind of dark, ugly, thick, monster look'n soup that I thought something was gonna jump out of it at me! Man was it ever SOOOoo very good. The bar keep claimed that it had some kind of 'gator tail sausage and I don't remember what else in it. But the next morning late, we walked back and I got another bowl of it. She had noth'n to do with it.
Now Ancient....I've been eat'n a can of Vienna's, cheese and crackers once in a while for the last 40 years. Jeremy (my son) and I took some back to his cabin on the Wolf River several weeks ago. But you didn't make it sound too good in your post!
Woohoo ! Mississippi Man! Hello !! I'm waving!! We're south of meridian and headed for Hattiesburg ! Good times!
Anne

Duluth, GA

#91860 Aug 15, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Good morning!
And, a chilly one it was! Hope you all have a great day! Big things going on here. BIG things.
Let us know what's up when you get a chance!! Nosey person that I am! Lol

Location hidden

#91861 Aug 15, 2013
Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather!

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#91864 Aug 15, 2013
Egypt! What a mess! I saw that story tonight on the news. I didn't catch the part about what they are all pissed off about and haven't googled it yet.

Every time see a bunch of those folks demonstrating and raising hell, I hardly ever see any women in volved. I'm starting to think the have a woman shortage over there.

Otherwise all these hollerin Egyptians, and middle easterners would be at home doing something...

Well on the other hand maybe all their women holler more than they do. So they can't stand staying at home.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91865 Aug 15, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw something called Dixie Loaf in the store--- I didn't even want to know what was in that.
Actually, that is generally made with various pork parts, pickles, pimentoes, and cheeses. Without the cheese, it is generally just called pickle loaf. The one I want no part of is Goose Liver LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91866 Aug 15, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Egypt! What a mess! I saw that story tonight on the news. I didn't catch the part about what they are all pissed off about and haven't googled it yet.
Every time see a bunch of those folks demonstrating and raising hell, I hardly ever see any women in volved. I'm starting to think the have a woman shortage over there.
Otherwise all these hollerin Egyptians, and middle easterners would be at home doing something...
Well on the other hand maybe all their women holler more than they do. So they can't stand staying at home.
They are all appearing in a carnival show under the name of "Little Egypt".... "She walks, she talks, she crawls on her belly like a reptile.. step right up, one thin dime, one tenth of a dollar" LOL
Anne

Gulfport, MS

#91869 Aug 15, 2013
"wearin' nothin' but a button and a bow"

That's an oldie! Lol
Anne

Gulfport, MS

#91870 Aug 15, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that is generally made with various pork parts, pickles, pimentoes, and cheeses. Without the cheese, it is generally just called pickle loaf. The one I want no part of is Goose Liver LOL
Exactly what is braunschweiger? I love it on bagels or crackers with a side of grapes. Mmmm, maybe I don't want to really know.... Lol
Pickle loaf? Haven't had it in years.
Liver loaf? Or liver cheese (?)--lunch meat with that white fatty rind that we always removed. Do they even sell it anymore ?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#91872 Aug 15, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
All my post was meant to say or to imply was that chickens are not all boneless breasts, beef is not all steak and ground chuck, and pork is not all ham and bacon. And we have all probably eaten some of the less desirable parts but when prepared properly, it can be quite good. In fact, I love my bologna and vienna sausages and my leather boots.
Oh, I know Wolf, no hard feelings at all. And to tell the truth, about 43 years ago,(wow), my father-in-law's Christmas tradition was hog brains for breakfast but I have no idea why. He could prepare them very well and looked exactly like scrambled eggs to me. But souse, I've tried it but, no thanks! Pickled feet,...I've leaned up to more than one bar around Chicago and picked them apart and chased it with (then) Falstaff. But my all-time favorite flavor and taste is a good Porterhouse steak. Gotta Love It!!!(leather boots, LOL)
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#91874 Aug 15, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Woohoo ! Mississippi Man! Hello !! I'm waving!! We're south of meridian and headed for Hattiesburg ! Good times!
Meridian, MS, the home of the Blue Yodeler.....Jimmy Rogers! Ever heard tell of him? So many, many big time singers were from Mississippi, yeah, even the Tupelo, MS Flash named Elvis. Mercy, I hope that you and yours have one happy and safe trip but at least it's cooled off some.(gonna tour Vicksburg battle ground?)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91875 Aug 16, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I know Wolf, no hard feelings at all. And to tell the truth, about 43 years ago,(wow), my father-in-law's Christmas tradition was hog brains for breakfast but I have no idea why. He could prepare them very well and looked exactly like scrambled eggs to me. But souse, I've tried it but, no thanks! Pickled feet,...I've leaned up to more than one bar around Chicago and picked them apart and chased it with (then) Falstaff. But my all-time favorite flavor and taste is a good Porterhouse steak. Gotta Love It!!!(leather boots, LOL)
Hog brains looked like scrambled eggs because they (for us) were generally cooked in with the eggs. But I don't know if that was to keep from wasting that part of the hog or just to make the eggs go further. In any case, my dad liked them and it was the one thing my Mom hated to cook. LOL But she did boil chicken feet, heads, and necks and cut up little chunks for the soup. I recall some of those old bars that always had a gallon jar of pickled bologna and another of pickled eggs that went well with a Falls City or Sterling or an Oertels '92 .. none of which are brewed any more.
Anne

Gulfport, MS

#91877 Aug 16, 2013
Scrambled eggs with brains. That rang a bell with me. Mom cooked this a couple of times that I remember. For Christmas morning it was tradition to have fried oysters and scrambled eggs flavored with the oyster juice. No toast for us that morning! Those brown and serve rolls were on the table!
Anne

Gulfport, MS

#91878 Aug 16, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Meridian, MS, the home of the Blue Yodeler.....Jimmy Rogers! Ever heard tell of him? So many, many big time singers were from Mississippi, yeah, even the Tupelo, MS Flash named Elvis. Mercy, I hope that you and yours have one happy and safe trip but at least it's cooled off some.(gonna tour Vicksburg battle ground?)
No historical or educational tours. We will hit the beach later today. It's a fun weekend for a wedding then hitting it back home...school and jobs curtail everything.:-(
I've been to Vicksburg but that was years and years ago. I love to take the meandering type of vacation.. Being able to stay in an area a while then heading to the next place of interest

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#91881 Aug 16, 2013
when I was a kid, there were a lot of brains and eggs suppers. good stuff!

Location hidden

#91882 Aug 16, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
when I was a kid, there were a lot of brains and eggs suppers. good stuff!
We lived in a tropical location when I was growing up. We had lobster and fish for breakfast because it was readily available. When I pay for lobster now I remember as a child whining, "gross lobster again". It's all perspective
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#91883 Aug 16, 2013
New breakfastfood menu at McDonald's ;

Brains and eggs
Lobster and fish
Spam n eggs

What next. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91884 Aug 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
We lived in a tropical location when I was growing up. We had lobster and fish for breakfast because it was readily available. When I pay for lobster now I remember as a child whining, "gross lobster again". It's all perspective
For sure. We had so many pinto beans that I swore that when I grew up I would never eat them again. Now I would like to have a big pot full with a ham bone. But refried beans is still not on my agenda. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min chinwendu1 135,629
Job Openings 47 min barbourvillian 8
Anthony N Cortney 2 hr omg 3
Divorce Attorneys/ Custody Attorneys 2 hr Been There 5
Jack Roses mug shot& the cops who arrested him . 3 hr Troy 13
Teachers Pink Slipped 3 hr Mark 5
Dennis mills aka little bill 3 hr lmao 2
the Creekmart 13 hr nono 12
Knox County Sheriff speeding 17 hr True Anon 11
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance