Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,635

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#91737 Aug 12, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Geological disasters or what? One never knows. Thanks for the info. It's a topic of interest here. Florida's terrain with the sand, mineral deposits would make it a most likely place to form sinkholes. It's geographically spread out though. Never know when a disaster might natural,or manmade though.
Hi misty eyed. I tend to go with manmade disaster on this one. Looks to me like living big has all kinds of risks. Seems like the earth is always eating something manmade these days.

At least tornadoes have been at a record low. No hurricanes, cooler than normal(that's a blessing). These days it seems like mostly floods, a few fires and sinkhole disaster events in the U.S. At least those are all I'm up to date on.
what now

United States

#91742 Aug 12, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi misty eyed. I tend to go with manmade disaster on this one. Looks to me like living big has all kinds of risks. Seems like the earth is always eating something manmade these days.
At least tornadoes have been at a record low. No hurricanes, cooler than normal(that's a blessing). These days it seems like mostly floods, a few fires and sinkhole disaster events in the U.S. At least those are all I'm up to date on.
Now that is a normal post, good info. As for geological weekly, I read that to the chickens, and they all fell asleep, kittys did too. Sorry, I can't handle the whole wagonload. I should be sleeping instead of typing, right now shouldn't I? O dear. Goodnight!
Anne

United States

#91743 Aug 12, 2013
Good night and pleasant dreams! Here's to a better thread day for tomorrow!

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#91744 Aug 12, 2013
what now wrote:
<quoted text> Now that is a normal post, good info. As for geological weekly, I read that to the chickens, and they all fell asleep, kittys did too. Sorry, I can't handle the whole wagonload. I should be sleeping instead of typing, right now shouldn't I? O dear. Goodnight!
Well you deserve a good nights sleep. Guten nacht.
Imposter

Elizabethtown, KY

#91745 Aug 12, 2013
I'm sorry for being such an idiot. i'll try to do better tomorrow. I just get so obsessed sometimes.
Dr Ben Dover

Kevil, KY

#91746 Aug 12, 2013
If every wife on the morning of Aug 13th @ 1:00 am would take a baseball bat and hit the husband in the nuts it would set things in motion....
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#91747 Aug 12, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Now just when and how did I rattle your chain pal?
Well Sir, I guess you didn't rattle me at all, not anymore than that Nobama rubber face mask that the rodeo clown had on in the MO state fair rodeo Sunday. He was out there with those bulls, doing his job very well, now all the dumbocratic press is flat raising holy he!! over it. They oughta just let him alone, he did no harm.(but I think I'll quit trying to figure out what you and Blue have got go'n on!!!)
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#91748 Aug 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
It is easier for me to believe in the divine watchmaker." I believe in the watchmaker.
Miss E, I sure agree with you and I did like your post. It was much more pleasant than......some!

Well, I pulled a "that goes in the Oops pile" this evening.(probably shouldn't tell this.) But I was just about to wind up the day as I was using the electric hedge clippers on the last holly bush to be trimmed. Sweat was running down my face, down my back to my...drawers, needed windshield wipers on my glasses and my hands were wet from sweat. Whoe!!! I missed one little place, turned to trim it off and I cut three feet off the extension cord! Gave off the prettiest spark but didn't trip the breaker off. I did that a few years ago, too, so that cord is gett'n shorter and shorter. First job tomorrow?????....fix the cord!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#91749 Aug 13, 2013
Well, cooler weather coming in. I hope ya'll enjoy it!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91750 Aug 13, 2013
Retraction... The old wolf man did not go to Argentina but is in Central Kentucky cutting down his corn field and feeding the remaining corn to the chickens. Anyone need a 1/4 acre of corn stalks for Halloween or fall festivals? No reason to display that or Jack-O-lanterns here, only the dog would see it and he is not easily impressed. LOL
Imposter

London, KY

#91751 Aug 13, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Sir, I guess you didn't rattle me at all, not anymore than that Nobama rubber face mask that the rodeo clown had on in the MO state fair rodeo Sunday. He was out there with those bulls, doing his job very well, now all the dumbocratic press is flat raising holy he!! over it. They oughta just let him alone, he did no harm.(but I think I'll quit trying to figure out what you and Blue have got go'n on!!!)
The political threads are "rand paul steps on some woman's head" And "conway v/s some other crook debate of the century".... or some such like nonsense.
This thread is about the ghosts and/or aliens that killed those poor little birdies and dug them sink holes blew-whacker was so concerned about.I think the ghosts and aliens are in cahoots with one another, but that's just my theory.
99% of all politicians are crooks anyway, regardless of party affiliation, and the other 1% are politically impotent.
Imposter

London, KY

#91752 Aug 13, 2013
Anne wrote:
Wow! A busy day in here! Mostly nonsense. But it sure keeps stacking up on the number of posts! I'm looking for the silver lining on these dark clouds! Lol.
The chickens have gotten over the hot dry spell and have started laying again! Scrambled eggs for lunch!!!yay
Misty, Roaming! Hello!
Old blabber jaw strikes again. While you're at it....what brand of toilet paper did you last wipe with?

I am a beaming ray of sunshine little sister...not a dark cloud.
I am blessing you with my wisdom free of charge! Doesn't that make you joyful?
Ghosts and/or aliens killed those birds.
Problem solved.
Imposter

London, KY

#91753 Aug 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Retraction... The old wolf man did not go to Argentina but is in Central Kentucky cutting down his corn field and feeding the remaining corn to the chickens. Anyone need a 1/4 acre of corn stalks for Halloween or fall festivals? No reason to display that or Jack-O-lanterns here, only the dog would see it and he is not easily impressed. LOL
Wolf I've never seen your location come up as Berea before. The Nicholasville internet hub must have gotten struck by lightning last night.

That or you moved your whole spread east.
Imposter

London, KY

#91754 Aug 13, 2013
*North east.
Imposter

London, KY

#91755 Aug 13, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I always think of the analogy about the watchmaker:
A preacher stood in front of his congregation with a paper bag. He shakes it and the congregation hears the sound of numerous parts inside. He dumps out the bag and inside are all the parts needed to make a watch. He puts the parts back in the bag and shakes it and empties it again... He continues this for the length of his usual sermon. Finally the congregation confused and tiring of the repeated act, ask him what he is doing. To which he replies "If I am to believe the Scientist I can continue to do this and eventually all the parts will fall into perfect order and an assembled watch will result.
It is easier for me to believe in the divine watchmaker." I believe in the watchmaker
Your avatar is absolutely stunning once more miss E. Thank you. I always wondered why woman wearing high heels and pantyhose are so attractive to me.
Maybe its because of all the fine hookers I used to frequent?
No offence intended.

That little red shoe of yours brings many a decadent thought to mind.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91756 Aug 13, 2013
well, since I don't necessarily believe that ghosts contain enough natural matter to kill birds and dig holes, I suppose it does not "matter" whether I accept your solution or not and I would think that even if aliens exist, they would have better things to do than to make humans live on the edge of paranoia. LOL

So, I prefer to think it was that all elusive environmental thing that we refer to as "Mother Nature". Good day.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91757 Aug 13, 2013
* all inclusive thing, not elusive thing.
Imposter

London, KY

#91758 Aug 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
well, since I don't necessarily believe that ghosts contain enough natural matter to kill birds and dig holes, I suppose it does not "matter" whether I accept your solution or not and I would think that even if aliens exist, they would have better things to do than to make humans live on the edge of paranoia. LOL
So, I prefer to think it was that all elusive environmental thing that we refer to as "Mother Nature". Good day.
Probably the most feasible answer in almost 100,000 posts right there.
Imposter

London, KY

#91759 Aug 13, 2013
Later taters.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91760 Aug 13, 2013
@Imposter..I suppose the Nicholasville-Lexington-Versai lles hub did get some lightning. I do not live in any of those locations that sometimes show for me. My spread is near the Kentucky River and too remote for it's on hub. LOL Now back to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min uh huh 4,995
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min angel 153,568
Tanyard Cemetery Shocking Find Today 47 min Bye 50
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 55 min John boy 21
Tax tax and more tax 1 hr sherry 9
Joe and Teresa 1 hr Sin D 12 2
knox board of ed raising taxes 2 hr sick of taxes 88
A Rat In Knox County 11 hr Genius 8
•••
•••