Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
77,001 - 77,020 of 81,596 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I knew. It was cured of having to drag around on a hog's butt with nothing to view except a curly tail that did not smell so good. LOL It was always said that if you lined hogs up in a row, you would only need to feed the first one.
Oh, gag!

Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Ham sandwiches, coming right up! lol
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Ham sandwiches, coming right up! lol
Suuweee.! Here pig, pig, pig!!!

(can't believe I've fallen so low lol)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Lots of laughter here in the pig pen tonight
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
Lots of laughter here in the pig pen tonight
Just now noticed that you lost your other shoe. I suppose it got stuck in the quagmire in the hog lot. LOL Packing for a trip?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Walle now, I reckon I shouldn't ta be tell'n this hear story 'bout bacon. But it's been around 92 -96 degrees here lately and "humid", I mean. So after the temp let up some later this evening, the Belle volunteered to help me cut our three acres before it needed baling! She likes her smaller (but easier to ride)45" 'er and I use the Craftsman 54" so we do get done faster that way. Well, it was late when we finished and had gotten our showers and she crapped out in front of the boob tube, not wanting to eat. Now I said alla that to say alla this. I know from previous posts that some of ya all are having to do without your good ole bacon but I bopped right to the kitchen and made me two of the best BLT's one could want, bacon and all. Man, I love them good, fresh cold tomatoes from the fridge. I usually wind up eating two more than what I put on the sandwiches!

Anne,(I think it was), your description of your pond and the adjoining area sure does sound so nice and peaceful. Cold ice tea, a soft chair and a Country or Reminisce magazine would great!

And Wolf, I can see why you made your life's work in "Information." You can really tell a good story and on another note, come up with a good tickler.

Momma....your home in Ohio! Well, I lived up near Hubbard in '81 -'82 and worked over in Lancaster County, PA. But I've just gotta tell you, when it snows up there (at least then) that snow just about comes to stay! Too much for me. But I did get a kick out of the Amish teenage boys and their stories of racing their buggies and horses, rounding a tree on two side wheels, etc. Made it all sound like a chariot race with Carlton Heston!

Up to 50% chance of rain tomorrow, Sunday, but they been saying that for three days now. I keep the immediate yard close to the house watered and it's about to break me! 3:20 A.M. now, better go.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Thought I had lost my smallest chicken last night. At dusk, I went to close up the chicken barn door and after counting heads 4 or 5 times, moving my light to various corners searching for any hovering in a dark corner, and trying to get them all to settle down and be counted because they were looking for bedtime snacks; I thought I had lost Pudgy, my smallest little gray barred rock chicken.

Almost too many chickens to name or count so I only name the most unique ones and then count by breed. I have Barred Rocks including Pudgy, white Plymouth Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, and 7 colorful half breeds, and 2 noisy alarm clocks to tell me when it is time to make the coffee... so here I am.

I then decided I could not do anything about it since it was already dark-thirty and I was just leaving to go mourn over the loss of Pudgy, here came the little Prodigal wandering slowly up the hill. So I got her safely in the barn and closed the door and came on back to the house and shared an ice cream cone with the dog celebrating that all is well here on the homestead. If I had any bacon, I would have taken a chance on a BLT but had to make do with an ice cream cone.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

More rain. I am beginning to think it's time to build another Ark!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

@Mississippi Man- I've listened to some funny stories about teenaged Amish boys and their horses! Lol. I think the saying "boys and their toys" could even apply ! But speaking of horses , if one googles registered stallions in Indiana, you will find they are predominately owned by Amish and you'll see how some of those horses make an unbelievable living for their owners!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
More rain. I am beginning to think it's time to build another Ark!
I've got a couple of hammers and some extra boards! Lol
I think you have had a lot more rain in your area!

Oh, it's Sunday again! Have a wonderful day, topix friends!*whisper* its my birthday. No, wait! I'm gonna shout it. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!
One of those BLT sandwiches with icecream for dessert would be just perfect for a birthday meal! Lol
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it's Sunday again! Have a wonderful day, topix friends!*whisper* its my birthday. No, wait! I'm gonna shout it. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!
One of those BLT sandwiches with icecream for dessert would be just perfect for a birthday meal! Lol
Happy Birthday, Dahling. Lol. Hope you have a good one;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no bacon, dog and I ate all the ice cream, but we do have some pie.. so to celebrate your birthday, we will have a Happy Barfday. LoL
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Thank you, Misty Dahling! Lol

Happy Barfday?? My, my! If I don't quit all this eatin' that's exactly what it'll be!! Lol
what now

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Happy Birthday Anne! If I could I would bring you a BLT, and ice cream! At least 9 kittens also!:)
henjudgeswyf

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

what now wrote:
Happy Birthday Anne! If I could I would bring you a BLT, and ice cream! At least 9 kittens also!:)
someone please transfer my husband to Kentucky tennis anyone?

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

I don't see a lot of discussion about some things we commonly talked about when I used to frequent this thread. So just a reminder.

August 10, 2013 - GET READY FOR A DAZZLING NIGHTTIME SHOW
Every night, Earth is plunging deeper into the debris stream of comet 109P/Swift-Tuttle, source of the annual Perseid meteor shower. The best time to look for earthgrazers is between 9:30 and 10:30 pm local time as the shower's radiant climbs over the northeastern horizon. That's when the geometry favors meteoroids skimming across the top of the atmosphere like a stone skipping across the surface of a pond. Earthgrazers are slow and colorful.(Regular non-Earthgrazing Perseids, on the other hand, are best seen after midnight.)
Forecasters expect the 2013 Perseid meteor shower to peak on the nights of August 12-13 with as many as ~100 meteors per hour.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

what now wrote:
A. BLT and icecream would be most welcome but if there's 9 kittens attached to the gift bow, hmmmmm,( any calico kittens?).
Thanks for the birthday greeting!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
I don't see a lot of discussion about some things we commonly talked about when I used to frequent this thread. So just a reminder.
August 10, 2013 - GET READY FOR A DAZZLING NIGHTTIME SHOW
Every night, Earth is plunging deeper into the debris stream of comet 109P/Swift-Tuttle, source of the annual Perseid meteor shower. The best time to look for earthgrazers is between 9:30 and 10:30 pm local time as the shower's radiant climbs over the northeastern horizon. That's when the geometry favors meteoroids skimming across the top of the atmosphere like a stone skipping across the surface of a pond. Earthgrazers are slow and colorful.(Regular non-Earthgrazing Perseids, on the other hand, are best seen after midnight.)
Forecasters expect the 2013 Perseid meteor shower to peak on the nights of August 12-13 with as many as ~100 meteors per hour.
Thank you for reminding me! I want to see this! It is something I enjoy and it slipped my mind! Thanks!

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for reminding me! I want to see this! It is something I enjoy and it slipped my mind! Thanks!
You're welcome! Hopefully the weather cooperates. In past years I have seen some really awesome meteors from the Perseids. Especially the earthgrazers. And Happy birthday.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I need that hammer for my head. Knock myself out so I can get some sleep. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info