Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
76,981 - 77,000 of 81,594 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Now,.....guess I'll tell this story. I don't know exactly where each of you are from but I see "KY" a lot here. I am not originally from Mississippi and, oh, so many years ago in the mid-sixties I met a darling of a sweet Harlan Cty. girl who I've not entirely forgotten. For the summer her folks allowed her to stay with her sister and bro-in-law and that's when I met her. I was invited to their home for Thanksgiving that year and we all piled in my car and took off for Kentucky. All went well until the day we were to leave and she was told that she could not go back with us. I will not describe what it did to both of us on the side of that mountain. But anyway, since that time I've collected a library of books about KY., from history to ghost stories to mining and union troubles. But those mountain people were so humble, polite and kind. It makes me admire those who want to and do go back to their original family roots and location. And to tell the truth, it was probably your state's name that caught my attention concerning this thread. Thank you for come'n by!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm reading "All for the Union: The Civil War Diary & Letters of Elisha Hunt Rhodes". Good book
I might need to get that. On this same date in 1861, I suspect my great-grandfather was quite anxious over what to do? What to do?

Should he join the Confederate forces or the Union? Why should he fight to preserve or abolish slavery? He had no slaves and it just was not his issue. Or should he join to preserve the Union and be engaged against his own family and neighbors? or vice versa? Would his decision alienate parts of his extended family and make the rest happy? Should he fight to protect the old hill side farm from raiders from both sides? If he left, who would care for his old cow, hogs, and chickens? Would his marriage even survive his decision? How long would it go on? Would he live through it? Would he be branded a coward if he just stayed home? His decision would be forthcoming in 9 more days.
Rain Dancer

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Nice garden showers here over night. How wonderful!!
Momma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Mississippi Man wrote:
I haven't been around here long enough to be missed but I've gotta tell ya all this,.... maybe you've been through it. Haven't posted for 3 or 4 days because late one night the FBI shut me down,.. the truth.....(sorta!) I had just posted something on a different forum and "WHAMMO!!!!", totally blocked, all of a sudden my entire screen was ablaze with warnings galore with fines up to $5,000.00 for committing some kind of juvenile crime on this thing. Well, I knew I hadn't committed any crime but what is this deal anyhow? Try as I may, I couln't even shut it down so I took it to the tech pro's in Olive Branch and they knew all about the scheme. It seems some genius of a thief writes these programs and the virus floats around and falls on any unsuspecting joker like me. Of course the repair guy knew all about it and assured me that the FBI was actually furious and was checking out this sham. But it did cost me $108.00 to get this lap top repaired. So I'm back in the saddle again!
Welcome back!
That was some crazy virus you ran across. I've had warnings about my posting content and then there's periods of time when none of my comments are posted. Because my comments are G rated I just assumed the warning was something that occasionally happens. Then I sometimes struggle with this iPhone (sigh) creating my own problems. But thanks for the info and warning as it could happen to anyone at any time!
The story about your KY girlfriend was touching. Guess you'll always have a place in your heart for her. I hope she's had a good life and I'm sure she has never forgotten you. To be wretched apart from someone has to be heartbreaking.
My location, I am told, simply says United States because I post from my iPhone. I lived in KY for many years but now I live on the north side of the Ohio River by about 25 miles. A native born Hoosier. Lol
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

If you're waiting for someone to cut the cheese, do your best to chase them up during the next few weeks. You'll make it plain that you aren't going to let them get away with it. Air in general will be important to you, but don't let it make you unduly materialistic or acquisitive.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Change that last posters name.... Lol!
Always posting gray can have its perks but can come back to bite you. Lol
Have a wonderful day!

Oh, has anyone ever tried goat milk soap? I don't make it and I don't sell it but I've heard great things about it and would like to try it.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Nobody wins..
Sticks That Made Thunder.

Anne

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Change that last posters name.... Lol!
Always posting gray can have its perks but can come back to bite you. Lol
Have a wonderful day!

Oh, has anyone ever tried goat milk soap? I don't make it and I don't sell it but I've heard great things about it and would like to try it.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

One friend to another, "My goodness, girl, how did you come to get so beat up?"

“My new horse is very well-mannered.”

“That’s nice.”

“Yes, isn’t it? Every time we come to a jump, the bastard stops and lets me go first!”
joanna

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

how many?
what

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
?
why

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

why is this up?
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

why wrote:
why is this up?
Cause it's whats goin' down.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>?
More Freaky...

http://www.chronicle.su/news/edward-snowden-s...

The solar flares and weather has been crazy this year.:-0 ..guess we'll see if the government whistle blower is blowing the truth.. hope he's not, but the earth is getting over populated and mother nature has a way of thinning thing out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Jesse Venterua wrote:
Does anyone watch him ,Conspiracy Theories, he showed a weapon the Gov. has that uses sound waves to kill anything, They can bring down planes, buildings, anything, make earthquakes, I believe that's what it is , they are testing it on birds, fish etc.. before people. There's NO other explanation for it,I think he said another country, maybe Russia, I forget for sure,has it to.
An EMP wave? Why not, right?.they experiment with HAARP and our weather all the time. One EMP wave And it can shut down everything!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

why wrote:
why is this up?
http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/weather/blog/632006... ****Here's some info on it, there plenty more online.
****** I'm wondering if this or the Edward Snowden news is what has FEMA and the military on the move ? Idk, but there's been more movement than normal here lately.
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Ever wonder what ham was cured of?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

qwerty wrote:
Ever wonder what ham was cured of?
No, I knew. It was cured of having to drag around on a hog's butt with nothing to view except a curly tail that did not smell so good. LOL It was always said that if you lined hogs up in a row, you would only need to feed the first one.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I knew. It was cured of having to drag around on a hog's butt with nothing to view except a curly tail that did not smell so good. LOL It was always said that if you lined hogs up in a row, you would only need to feed the first one.
Oh, gag!

Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Ham sandwiches, coming right up! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min spaceship 130,443
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min God 150,989
To the people cutting catalytic converters... 19 min Junk man 8
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 22 min SICK OF MITCH 1,012
union 45 min Funny 6
Calvary Christian start date? (Jul '13) 2 hr CCS mom 14
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 5 hr Trufts 1,047
Ambulance hit 3 people last night in Knox count... 7 hr Hey 16
Man standing with " will work" sign 11 hr stephanie 39
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••