Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,846)

Showing posts 76,901 - 76,920 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Wonderful weather. It was another long weekend here. Can't believe school starts here next week!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell Ralph hello ! Lots of guys around here talk about going to see a man about a horse. Lol. Years ago I bought a large initial "p" and nailed it to a tree. Lol
I said goodbye to Ralphhhhhh this morning when I bowed before the porcelain throne and told him I was leaving in a Buickkkkkk. LOL
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I said goodbye to Ralphhhhhh this morning when I bowed before the porcelain throne and told him I was leaving in a Buickkkkkk. LOL
You're a bonified, certified nut case! Lol. Too funny!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I bought this very delicious watermelon at the farmers market. I've been eating it all day. I think I've reached my limit. I forgot watermelon is a natural diuretic.
Oops
Me and my chickens le--ovvvv-ve watermelon. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

nobuddy wrote:
How long are these bird's going to keep die'n.Must be the gas well fracking or the coal mineing. I HEAR'D coal was making a lot of people sick .
Yes, coal has made a lot of folks sick and die. Especially, the coal miners including some of my ancestors. But at the same time it has driven the economy and kept many people employed for a number of years, kept the rest of us warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I lived the first several years of my youth without electricity and I don't want to return to that life-style. Do you? There are alternatives but those also make people sick and die. The question is would it really be any less.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

A large sinkhole in Sharon Springs, Kansas keeps getting bigger. It is sad to see family homes totally swallowed by these holes. It seems like they are worse than ever. Hopefully, Nope's sinkhole is farther away from her home. Abeliever is sure missed. Really hope she is okay. Pretty long hiatus for her.
Lovely afternoon:)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on over. Fair notice though: I eat out for breakfast a lot! I find the breakfast special of 2 eggs, 2 bacon and 2 toast for 2.99 sticks to my ribs until around 2pm-- of course I eat breakfast around 9am so you guys that eat before the sun appears would want lunch sooner. Lol
My favorite at home breakfast(besides the waffles) includes 4 or 5 cheeses, several types of fruit- grapes, apples, strawberries, bananas, kiwi, pears etc. 2 or 3 meats including braunsweger(?). Bagels. toast, flavored and regular cream cheeses. Yogert , Juices, milk, coffee. The chopping, dlicing, slicing and peeling takes a good long while. The table is absolutely loaded! Everyone loves this "buffet" but it costs an arm and a leg so I do it about once a year
A fantastic cheese is smoked gouda. Such a nice Lady to feed the Folks;) I enjoy your stories. I'm just wondering...Do you have frogs in your pond? And fish? Is there a lot of maintenance to upkeep a pond? Thanks. I would like a pond for the ducks and such.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
A large sinkhole in Sharon Springs, Kansas keeps getting bigger. It is sad to see family homes totally swallowed by these holes. It seems like they are worse than ever. Hopefully, Nope's sinkhole is farther away from her home. Abeliever is sure missed. Really hope she is okay. Pretty long hiatus for her.
Lovely afternoon:)
Hi Misty! Yes, I'm still keeping an eyeball on my sinkhole. It's collapsing further each season that passes. I now have a small gully running down the hill toward it and when it rains really hard, the water literally pours down into the hole. Where the water is going once it enters, I have no idea.

I suspect that I'm going to have to find some fill pretty soon. It's swallowed a few large rocks/boulders already that I had put down there to hopefully either stop it or slow it down.. The rocks and boulders that have recently sunk are the ones that were well above ground. They are now just barely visible from the surface looking straight across. I also have a flower garden that's about to be on the edge of it. Just a few years ago, you could get a zero turn mower between the flower bed and the hole, with plenty of room to spare. Not now... Kind of creepy knowing that thing could "burb" any time it wants to. Particularly now that a tree or two has started to lean..

I'm hungry for some cheese now thanks to the posts about food. Headed off to make a late lunch. Talk to you all soon!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Misty! Yes, I'm still keeping an eyeball on my sinkhole. It's collapsing further each season that passes. I now have a small gully running down the hill toward it and when it rains really hard, the water literally pours down into the hole. Where the water is going once it enters, I have no idea.
I suspect that I'm going to have to find some fill pretty soon. It's swallowed a few large rocks/boulders already that I had put down there to hopefully either stop it or slow it down.. The rocks and boulders that have recently sunk are the ones that were well above ground. They are now just barely visible from the surface looking straight across. I also have a flower garden that's about to be on the edge of it. Just a few years ago, you could get a zero turn mower between the flower bed and the hole, with plenty of room to spare. Not now... Kind of creepy knowing that thing could "burb" any time it wants to. Particularly now that a tree or two has started to lean..
I'm hungry for some cheese now thanks to the posts about food. Headed off to make a late lunch. Talk to you all soon!!
Sorry to hear about that sinkhole getting bigger and so close to your flowers. You're a smart cookie as to keep an " eye" around your home and property. I wish you well;)
I have a pork shoulder almost finished;) Pulled pork sandwiches with pickles so good. I use the Hawaiian sub rolls as well. My children love' em.
Fred bird

Metropolis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

My cousin died from this.
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you headed to new yorrrrk?
tbone

Wayland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

gamewarden is looking 4 a lot of men they are packing naround dead birds
Curious

Olive Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Wow, this thread has 77,042 comments! Just curious if anyone has read them all?
yeah right

Frenchburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

is that the wolfe county game warden dont tread
I know that is where you live
tbone wrote:
gamewarden is looking 4 a lot of men they are packing naround dead birds
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> A fantastic cheese is smoked gouda. Such a nice Lady to feed the Folks;) I enjoy your stories. I'm just wondering...Do you have frogs in your pond? And fish? Is there a lot of maintenance to upkeep a pond? Thanks. I would like a pond for the ducks and such.
Yes. Lots of frogs. Quick funny story: our driveway goes past the pond. One night after dark my adult daughter and I had driven the car up the long driveway to check the construction on the house. There's a couple dips and "hills" in the driveway. We were back in the car and headed back to the main road when the headlights hit several frogs in the driveway. I stopped. "OMG, look at all those frogs! Look there's more ..and more coming out of the grass onto the road! Wow, about 20 of them! Look!.....oh, oh, they're...they're...Mating! " Us city slickers got us a country education that night! Btw, its a crazy meet and greet situation. Lol
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> A fantastic cheese is smoked gouda. Such a nice Lady to feed the Folks;) I enjoy your stories. I'm just wondering...Do you have frogs in your pond? And fish? Is there a lot of maintenance to upkeep a pond? Thanks. I would like a pond for the ducks and such.
I love the pond! It's about 6 years old now. Had a leak problem at first but my pond guy fixed it -- no charge as he said he would do it if it leaked. I've stocked it with bass, hybrid bluegill, bluegill and red ear. I feed them fish pellets everyday.. Very relaxing to watch! My main dock is 16' square- with a roof. And there's a 6' walkway around 3 sides and is one foot lower than the main dock.( made the first dock too high out of the water.. Lol) then i put a dock ladder into the water so the kids can get out of the water easier. I've got an old row boat that gives me exercise a couple times a week . I have big frogs now.. Wonder why? Lol. But there's a nasty weed I need to find a way to get rid of . Canadian geese brings on a lot of unwanted seeds I love to watch them swim but they poop way too much and I don't want them nesting
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

@Nope: this sinkhole business is crazy. In southern indiana there are a lot of caves and sometimes there are sinkholes around them. There's a state park with several caves and if you walk along the trails you will see sinkholes that go down into the caves.
This happens around the underground coal mines a lot. Kentucky home insurance companies usually offer insurance for this possibility. But it's one type of policy you never want to use. It's a scary thing to happen and I hope your situation has a good ending. Have you had it checked out?
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>
Pulled pork sandwiches with pickles so good. I use the Hawaiian sub rolls as well.
Oh, yeah!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Hope you all had a good day! It was busy here. Life flies when you are having fun I suppose.
Tollesboro Guy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Hope you all had a good day! It was busy here. Life flies when you are having fun I suppose.
It was awesome here in Tollesboro! Got up to around 85 but humidity was only 20%. I got out of the office by 6 and played until dark-thirty. Threw sticks for the 6 month of German Shepherd, he is HUGE! We call him the Branch Manager.

Tomorrow, going to be humid but must break out both riding mowers and hit this six acre yard.If I start after dew dries I can get caught up at work by late afternoon!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,901 - 76,920 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min LMS 128,056
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min LMS 144,996
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 24 min LMS 26,177
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 43 min LMS 16,111
Barbourville topix 3 hr Rumors 11
Re. Maggie Milles 3 hr Just Looking 1
Truddy 3 hr Just Looking 3
KC Basketball Coach 4 hr Panther Fanz 71
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 5 hr onefoehim 390
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••