Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91439 Aug 4, 2013
I am up to see "Ralph" and talk about a "Buick". I guess I would have been better off to talk about the food instead of gobbling it all down. LOL Chili Dogs in August is just not the thing. Good thing I have antacids. Sunday morning breakfast.. Tums and coffee
what now

United States

#91440 Aug 4, 2013
Good morning! Well, it was all over soon as the dog smelled the bacon here. Even the tiniest kittys came out this morning, they got the milk. Horse had to check the coffee cup. Maybe I start over..
Chris

Alliance, OH

#91443 Aug 4, 2013
I believe that birds are real.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#91444 Aug 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am up to see "Ralph" and talk about a "Buick". I guess I would have been better off to talk about the food instead of gobbling it all down. LOL Chili Dogs in August is just not the thing. Good thing I have antacids. Sunday morning breakfast.. Tums and coffee
It's sad --- when I was in college I could grab a slice of cold pizza and tacos at 2 am didn't matter. Now I contemplate both what and when I eat. I love the fruit flavored tums its an aging persons hors d'oeuvres.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#91446 Aug 4, 2013
Anne wrote:
Yep. That's her sentiments exactly! No mas.
This should be a fantastic day!! I want to put the house in order and also move a huge mound of mulch. I'm not too good at filling the bucket on the tractor :-( but my dozer man tells me I'll eventually get the hang of it. There is no sunlight coming through the windows so maybe it'll rain and I can work on indoor projects. I have exactly seven days to get ready for overnight company. At least the guest room is ready. Maybe I'll just close my bedroom door and hope no one dare open it! Lol.
The fun part will be selecting menus for Friday night through Sunday morning. Belgium waffles with yummy blueberries/pecans and choices of syrups and cool whip/icecream or the scrambled egg with cheese/hickory smoked bacon/ buttered toast. Obviously I'm not going for the "good for you" , just GOOD. Lol
Have a Super Saturday and enjoy the day that the Lord hath made!
May I come to visit for breakfast? LOL Sounds absolutely delicious, since I am on a yogurt and granola diet. Yuck.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#91447 Aug 4, 2013
Good afternoon, folks. Went riding yesterday, and my old bones feel it today. I just put my horse out in the paddock today, and she looked at me as if to say, "Are we going on our jaunt again today?" No way!! I ended up digging out a ditch instead. That should be good for the old back.
Speaking of birds, I was sitting out on my deck yesterday, and a mockingbird perched on the rail, not 6 inches from my shoulder. He gave out a loud squalk and flew off. I guess that I invaded his territory. We have a few hummingbirds around here. When I first saw them, I thought that they were bumblebees. They are so tiny. Have a good day, folks. Will be back later.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91449 Aug 4, 2013
After the Tums and coffee breakfast, I made the mistake of visiting the local buffet for lunch. I might need to eat again by next Thursday LOL
Anne

United States

#91452 Aug 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
May I come to visit for breakfast? LOL Sounds absolutely delicious, since I am on a yogurt and granola diet. Yuck.
Come on over. Fair notice though: I eat out for breakfast a lot! I find the breakfast special of 2 eggs, 2 bacon and 2 toast for 2.99 sticks to my ribs until around 2pm-- of course I eat breakfast around 9am so you guys that eat before the sun appears would want lunch sooner. Lol
My favorite at home breakfast(besides the waffles) includes 4 or 5 cheeses, several types of fruit- grapes, apples, strawberries, bananas, kiwi, pears etc. 2 or 3 meats including braunsweger(?). Bagels. toast, flavored and regular cream cheeses. Yogert , Juices, milk, coffee. The chopping, dlicing, slicing and peeling takes a good long while. The table is absolutely loaded! Everyone loves this "buffet" but it costs an arm and a leg so I do it about once a year

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91453 Aug 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
After the Tums and coffee breakfast, I made the mistake of visiting the local buffet for lunch. I might need to eat again by next Thursday LOL
I bought this very delicious watermelon at the farmers market. I've been eating it all day. I think I've reached my limit. I forgot watermelon is a natural diuretic.
Oops
Anne

United States

#91454 Aug 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am up to see "Ralph" and talk about a "Buick". I guess I would have been better off to talk about the food instead of gobbling it all down. LOL Chili Dogs in August is just not the thing. Good thing I have antacids. Sunday morning breakfast.. Tums and coffee [
Tell Ralph hello ! Lots of guys around here talk about going to see a man about a horse. Lol. Years ago I bought a large initial "p" and nailed it to a tree. Lol

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#91455 Aug 4, 2013
Wonderful weather. It was another long weekend here. Can't believe school starts here next week!!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91456 Aug 4, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell Ralph hello ! Lots of guys around here talk about going to see a man about a horse. Lol. Years ago I bought a large initial "p" and nailed it to a tree. Lol
I said goodbye to Ralphhhhhh this morning when I bowed before the porcelain throne and told him I was leaving in a Buickkkkkk. LOL
Anne

United States

#91460 Aug 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I said goodbye to Ralphhhhhh this morning when I bowed before the porcelain throne and told him I was leaving in a Buickkkkkk. LOL
You're a bonified, certified nut case! Lol. Too funny!
Anne

United States

#91461 Aug 4, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I bought this very delicious watermelon at the farmers market. I've been eating it all day. I think I've reached my limit. I forgot watermelon is a natural diuretic.
Oops
Me and my chickens le--ovvvv-ve watermelon. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#91464 Aug 5, 2013
nobuddy wrote:
How long are these bird's going to keep die'n.Must be the gas well fracking or the coal mineing. I HEAR'D coal was making a lot of people sick .
Yes, coal has made a lot of folks sick and die. Especially, the coal miners including some of my ancestors. But at the same time it has driven the economy and kept many people employed for a number of years, kept the rest of us warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I lived the first several years of my youth without electricity and I don't want to return to that life-style. Do you? There are alternatives but those also make people sick and die. The question is would it really be any less.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91466 Aug 5, 2013
A large sinkhole in Sharon Springs, Kansas keeps getting bigger. It is sad to see family homes totally swallowed by these holes. It seems like they are worse than ever. Hopefully, Nope's sinkhole is farther away from her home. Abeliever is sure missed. Really hope she is okay. Pretty long hiatus for her.
Lovely afternoon:)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91467 Aug 5, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on over. Fair notice though: I eat out for breakfast a lot! I find the breakfast special of 2 eggs, 2 bacon and 2 toast for 2.99 sticks to my ribs until around 2pm-- of course I eat breakfast around 9am so you guys that eat before the sun appears would want lunch sooner. Lol
My favorite at home breakfast(besides the waffles) includes 4 or 5 cheeses, several types of fruit- grapes, apples, strawberries, bananas, kiwi, pears etc. 2 or 3 meats including braunsweger(?). Bagels. toast, flavored and regular cream cheeses. Yogert , Juices, milk, coffee. The chopping, dlicing, slicing and peeling takes a good long while. The table is absolutely loaded! Everyone loves this "buffet" but it costs an arm and a leg so I do it about once a year
A fantastic cheese is smoked gouda. Such a nice Lady to feed the Folks;) I enjoy your stories. I'm just wondering...Do you have frogs in your pond? And fish? Is there a lot of maintenance to upkeep a pond? Thanks. I would like a pond for the ducks and such.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#91468 Aug 5, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
A large sinkhole in Sharon Springs, Kansas keeps getting bigger. It is sad to see family homes totally swallowed by these holes. It seems like they are worse than ever. Hopefully, Nope's sinkhole is farther away from her home. Abeliever is sure missed. Really hope she is okay. Pretty long hiatus for her.
Lovely afternoon:)
Hi Misty! Yes, I'm still keeping an eyeball on my sinkhole. It's collapsing further each season that passes. I now have a small gully running down the hill toward it and when it rains really hard, the water literally pours down into the hole. Where the water is going once it enters, I have no idea.

I suspect that I'm going to have to find some fill pretty soon. It's swallowed a few large rocks/boulders already that I had put down there to hopefully either stop it or slow it down.. The rocks and boulders that have recently sunk are the ones that were well above ground. They are now just barely visible from the surface looking straight across. I also have a flower garden that's about to be on the edge of it. Just a few years ago, you could get a zero turn mower between the flower bed and the hole, with plenty of room to spare. Not now... Kind of creepy knowing that thing could "burb" any time it wants to. Particularly now that a tree or two has started to lean..

I'm hungry for some cheese now thanks to the posts about food. Headed off to make a late lunch. Talk to you all soon!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91469 Aug 5, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Misty! Yes, I'm still keeping an eyeball on my sinkhole. It's collapsing further each season that passes. I now have a small gully running down the hill toward it and when it rains really hard, the water literally pours down into the hole. Where the water is going once it enters, I have no idea.
I suspect that I'm going to have to find some fill pretty soon. It's swallowed a few large rocks/boulders already that I had put down there to hopefully either stop it or slow it down.. The rocks and boulders that have recently sunk are the ones that were well above ground. They are now just barely visible from the surface looking straight across. I also have a flower garden that's about to be on the edge of it. Just a few years ago, you could get a zero turn mower between the flower bed and the hole, with plenty of room to spare. Not now... Kind of creepy knowing that thing could "burb" any time it wants to. Particularly now that a tree or two has started to lean..
I'm hungry for some cheese now thanks to the posts about food. Headed off to make a late lunch. Talk to you all soon!!
Sorry to hear about that sinkhole getting bigger and so close to your flowers. You're a smart cookie as to keep an " eye" around your home and property. I wish you well;)
I have a pork shoulder almost finished;) Pulled pork sandwiches with pickles so good. I use the Hawaiian sub rolls as well. My children love' em.
Fred bird

Metropolis, IL

#91470 Aug 5, 2013
My cousin died from this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kids free glasses and hearing checked 1 hr shame on u 12
Maryann smith (Mar '12) 1 hr Friend 17
robbery 2 hr deadly robbery to... 2
Bastards 2 hr gator 9
Best dentist in Barbourville 2 hr helpful 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Historicallyspeaking 131,966
To the Garland family 5 hr The way it is 8
dinky phipps 8 hr The hard truth 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Sun Lisa 185
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]